It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National ID Card Included In Democratic Immigration Bill

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

National ID Card Included In Democratic Immigration Bill

www.huffingtonpost.com

The Democratic proposal includes increased money for border patrol and drug war agents, equipment, helicopters and unmanned drones. It would create a national ID -- which is dubbed a "biometric social security card." Though Democrats insist that it is not an ID card and can only be used for employment purposes.

The proposal would also include a crackdown on employers who hire undocumented workers. It works to deport some immigrants who are not in the country legally and creates a limited ....
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Of course the arizona bill might be used as the excuse to push for the national id. And if the national id (that is supposedly not and ID card) is considered not to be secure enough, it'll be this.

Biden's Mark My Words on microchipping

Or it could go the monetary path, or both. The process is slow, but it could go there if nobody stops it.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well India is implementing one, and once you guys do, virtually the whole world will. I'm not opposed to the philosophy behind having 1 card that did everything. But that's not what this is, and I don't like the system and people that control us, so I think its bogus.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
So, everyone here bitching about the Arizona law, which of course is almost a DIRECT copy of the federal statute but gives the state the right to enforce illegal immigration, are now going to say WHAT?

Here is a link to the original thread that brought out the "federal government" proposal which is pretty much just a Amnesty bill and Real ID act.

I did not bother going to Huff Po, because it sounds exactly what we COVERED HERE-Reid Schumer Menendez Immigration Reform Bill (Draft)-Here it is

Instead of rewriting everything I stated, here are a few of my comments from that thread-

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by lernmore

Alright, the first thing I would like brought up is this little component of their work.

From your link-

In order to prevent future waves of illegal immigration, this proposal recognizes that no matter what we do on the border, our ports of entry, and in the interior, we will not be completely effective unless we can prevent the hiring, recruitment, or referral of unauthorized aliens in America’s workplaces. Jobs are what draw illegal immigrants to the United States. Not later than 18 months after the date of enactment of this proposal, the Social Security Administration will begin issuing biometric social security cards. These cards will be fraud-resistant, tamper-resistant, wear resistant, and machine-readable social security cards containing a photograph and an electronically coded micro-processing chip which possesses a unique biometric identifier for the authorized card-bearer.

And the REAL ID begins in earnest.

Hmmmm. I wonder if SKL would like to say-

I TOLD YOU!

Next component I find interesting.

The Department of Homeland Security estimates that there are approximately 10.8 million people currently in the United States with no legal status. Accordingly, this proposal not only includes well-designed statutory provisions that will strengthen future enforcement, but also includes a broad-based registration program that requires all illegal immigrants living in the U.S. to come forward to register, be screened, and, if eligible, complete other requirements to earn legal status, including paying taxes. These criteria are intended to exclude individuals who threaten public safety or national security and to ensure that those individuals taking advantage of the program intend to stay in the U.S., integrate into society, and become productive, tax-paying members of the community.

The further I read into this section-unless they are a criminal; unless of course they have been convicted of 3 or less misdemeanors, pass terrorism screening, are not a LEGAL immigrant, came in after the date of passing of the bill.

So hurry up folks. When the bill passes, that is when you can no longer get AMNESTY.

So far we have the REAL ID ACT and AMNESTY

So, in a cursory view we have a TWOFER, Two things that the American people do not want. Yes, it is amazing how everyone stated here this was going to happen.

Yes, we are just CONSPIRACY THEORIST, oh wait, that is not quite right, CONSPIRACY FACTUALISTS!

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Here is from ABC-Ariz. Sheriff Says He Will Refuse to Enforce Immigration Law

Most Arizona residents agree with her. According to a Rasmussen poll, some 70 percent of state residents say they support the new law.

I am trying to find the Rasmussen poll itself. I will post it when I find it.

edit to add-

Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

70% of Arizona Voters Favor New State Measure Cracking Down On Illegal Immigration

[edit on 4/29/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Wow. I really feel sorry for you American's you can never have anything you want.

"Oh alright we'll do something about immigration but you need to take this national ID chip"

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Hmmmm. Now that I have read your OP and the Huffpo I find SOMETHING highly irregular.

Something seems to be missing.

What could it be? Well, it being a Liberal site I would think maybe this was-

AMNESTY!

[edit on 4/29/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
is it my imagination or am I in a time shift???

Didn't I just read an article today that stated
the US was gonna sideline this topic til
after midterms????

what gives???

Why the hurry??? unless it's gonna deter
state secession and/or civil war ....

Pay attention DC,
AZ and TX is gonna show ya how it's done
without a Nat ID card

[edit on 29-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I am glad to see extreme measures being taken to handle with the illegal alien situation. In doing this a balance will be made.

Someone has to test the water, before anyone will jump in.

Imo national id's will not happen its just the alternate choice.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
So since I refuse to play along with this crap; that means:::

Me an American citizen, will not be able to get work anywhere because I do not have this card.

Even though I can prove I have lived in the USA for every day of my life.

I will not be able to work anywhere legally, because I refuse to accept their totalitarian plan.

Fine. Alienate me the real American.

Meanwhile, the Illegals will get tons of counterfeit copies, and have no problem getting a job.

Maybe I should just shell out a little $ on the street and get a counterfeit copy as well.

I refuse to get into their system. I refuse to play this stupid game anymore.

I bet the pro-government expansion crowd will hate my opinion.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
A national ID card is another tool that the Federal Government will wield in attempts to show that you are not a citizen of your State and a sovereign citizen, but rather an entity of the Federal Government.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

No ill be walking right past you as you stand in a street corner begging for change...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
and by passing an immigration bill they could potentially spin it as aligning with state opinions on a current, disruptive issue

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I read a good deal...

Where does it say law enforcement can detain and ask for proof of citizenship when they "detect" a possible illegal person (not with their eyes)?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Do you mean the Arizona Bill in reference to almost the exact same thing statement?

Is that what you mean?

I have read the Arizona bill three times now, there is a part of it people keep missing.

The part that states only in LAWFUL interaction with government or police.

It states it plain as day.

If this is what you are referring to, I will post the section of the Arizona bill that states this? If you mean something different, please clarify.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Janky Red

Do you mean the Arizona Bill in reference to almost the exact same thing statement?

Is that what you mean?

I have read the Arizona bill three times now, there is a part of it people keep missing.

The part that states only in LAWFUL interaction with government or police.

It states it plain as day.

If this is what you are referring to, I will post the section of the Arizona bill that states this? If you mean something different, please clarify.

The person you are replying to doesn't like being told the truth.

Line 2

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I knew there was a catch.

There is always a catch.

Damn them.

They can go to hell. I'm going to Texas

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Alamo Ripper
reply to post by muzzleflash

No ill be walking right past you as you stand in a street corner begging for change...

I never beg for money or accept handouts.

Enjoy your totalitarianism and expansion of government powers.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Wasn't it where this whole thing was heading anyway?

Nothing funny about it but excuse me while I go ROTFLMAO!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Gee, I thought it was the evil Darth Cheney, you know, the puppet master of GWB that was going to force the national ID card through the neo-con controlled congress.

Now will it be the evil Obama, through the neo-dem controlled congress.

I give it another year, maybe less, before we become inundated with blogs about in 2012 Obama will declare martial law in the U.S. because he will lose the presidential election and he won't want to give up power.

Just like in 2000 when Clinton was going to declare martial law due to Y2K, and GWB was going to declare martial law due to losing the election in 2004.

All fun aside, it seems plausible to me that eventually there will be some sort of national ID card in the U.S. future, as well as in other countries.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Problem - Reaction - Solution
The Feds create the problem with non-enforcement, One state says enough, and the Feds propose their solution.

Rockefeller Admitted Elite Goal Of Microchipped Population

Google Video Link

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join