It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP (British Petroleum) Oil Spill In Gulf Now Up To 200,000 Gallons A Day

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 911stinks

Your math is horrible. Three zeros is 1,000 days, not 30.

You can guess that the amount of oil spewing is the same as what was pumped, but that's all it is. A guess. Many factors involved there, I'm sure.

I'll take ur guess, though.

32 x30 is 960.

I count 5 zeros. DO YOU SEE MORE ?!?

So 96,000,000 million barrels a month from YOUR guesstimate.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
Revelation?
Then the second angel blew his trumpet. Something that "looked" like a huge mountain on fire was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea was turned into blood, a third of the living creatures died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

Seems like a coincidence?

[edit on 29-4-2010 by jazz10]

In fact ive been drawn to the Bible recently although im not totally religious, and what is interesting is the seven seals, trumpets etc etc

THIS IS GOING TO BE A MAJOR DISASTER PEOPLE!!!!!
They need to drill another hole in the same reservoir and get as much as possible, to slow the flow. This can continue for 90 days?
BP will pay big time here,which means uk, the economy is about to collapse people mark my words The seas can potentially be killed and yet some say its still nothing?
This is catastrophic.

Wow thats an interesting thought, i had not even thought about this from that angle yet....

One things for sure, this is big trouble. I was reading about exactly what is going on earlier today. And the bottom line is "we dont know what to do", this is a disaster of epic proportions. 200,000 gallons a day are coming out of this thing, and its not like they can just go down and put a plug in it. By the time they figure out what to do its going to be to late.

Quote:
"Mike Brewer, 40, who lost his oil spill response company in the devastation of Hurricane Katrina nearly five years ago, said the area was accustomed to the occasional minor spill. But he feared the scale of the escaping oil was beyond the capacity of existing resources.

"You're pumping out a massive amount of oil. There is no way to stop it," he said."

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 911stinks
When this oil hits the coast, people are going to really be angry when they realize it's another country's oil that is contaminating our coastline.

And the truth is slowly leaking out.

200,000 gallons a day. I would suggest it's more like a million, estimating from the size of the spill.

What's worse, is they are saying this may be months before they can shut it off. I guess that they will just have to let it run it's course.

Pay attention, because this will be the worse pollution disaster in our history, and is going to cause people to be really pissed.

One thing I see happening. They are bringing in the military. It would probably be UK or UN military, so what I see is a huge military force amassing off our Southern coast. Set fire to the oil, and you have the perfect smoke screen for a full scale attack.

Well, this is a conspiracy forum, is it not?

This is going to be the worst ecological disaster in recorded history. I knew that it was more than 1,000 barrels a day, because that slick was so big that it was seen from orbit. A thousand barrels a day wouldn't have been seen like that, in fact I think they are guessing on the 5,000 barrels a day. Also the 90 day thing is for them to build a strong enough dome to put over the leak at 1 mile down. So in one week the slick is almost on shore, so what will happen in 90 days (and thats a guess too, we don't know if it will work). The whole gulf coast is going to be a toxic dump for years to come, just imagine day in day out 24 hours a day this massive find of oil will be leaking. In one week it made an area the size of Rhode Island. This could not only poison the gulf coast but also the Gulf itself. And remember Hurricane Season for the Atlantic starts June 1st. We will have massive die off of wildlife and destruction of our coastlines.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

One thing I see happening. They are bringing in the military. It would probably be UK or UN military, so what I see is a huge military force amassing off our Southern coast. Set fire to the oil, and you have the perfect smoke screen for a full scale attack.

I'm going to have to say this isn't very likely. The UK is one of our strongest allies and we probably have more influence over the UN than any other single country. Furthermore, I really don't see what this would accomplish or what reason they would have to launch an attack on us. BP may be a British company, but they're a company nonetheless and I really never heard of a company throwing BILLIONS of dollars down the drain, or in this case out to sea, for any reason. Just because it's a British company doesn't mean they're in cahoots with their government in some crazy invasion scheme. I think in a world of global markets, profit is first and foremost. BP would never intentionally cause an oil spill that cost them so much just to provide a smokescreen for a redcoat invasion. Besides, I'm almost positive that all that oil would better serve their war machine as fuel for an invasion than it would as a distraction tactic.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Heres another link
www.telegraph.co.uk...

This is becoming ridiculous now. You mean to tell me tha there are no protocols or safety measures that would avoid or atleast limit a distaster like this?
Come on. Theres something definately wrong here.

It doesnt matter which way you look at it, but the scale of this way up there.
Could be seen as some form of terrorism to some.

What does infuriate me is the fact that on TV news etc the economy, currency and leadership takes priority?
Whats going on

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Mark my words they are going to have a lengthy investigation into this and they are going to push the blame somewhere else other then them. They are already setting this up as we speak.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Lets speculate on cause of explosion:-
1. Static discharge
2. Barge electrical equipment incorrectly earthed
3. Breach of health and safety regulations - who was dying for a cigarette ? etc
4. Equipment fault
5. Incorrect equipment installation
6. Incorrect / lack of maintenance
7. Human Error
8. Inherrant design flaw
9. Third party action to take BP out-bomb, torpedo, shoe bomb or other IED
etc
What we must not forget is the scale of this cataclismic ecological disaster caused by event and clean-up. Now the military are getting involved, oh well if you cannot manage it we will bomb it into next week. Where have we seen this before?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Just to point one thing out BP was not operating the rig, it is responsible for controlling and cleaning up the slick because it is 65 per cent owner of the well.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I agee with you 100% it shoud have blanket media coverage for information and warning, Its a pity all the animals, fish, birds and other innocent wee beasties are not on the internet, First the dirty disgusting carceogenic crude oil, then the detergent, now the bomb. This event will pale EXCON VALDIS into obscurity.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Don't want to argue about HOW the oceans are getting high acid levels, but the fact is, the ocean acidification is not just in the oceans, but all waterways.

Neither do I wish to argue that point but I would point out that your statement is extremely alarmist. The oceans do NOT have high acid levels, they are alkaline. There has been an increase in acidity if you wish to put it that way, but you can also say there has been a decrease in alkalinity - the trouble is that does not sound so dramatic does it.

So what effect would the oil have on the ph levels of the water?
would they go up or down?

The oil is just food for the machines. The Chemtrails laid the chemical foundation for the nanobots to cross-link, meaning going from feeding on just hydrocarbons, and start feeding on other carbons.

Does that mean these nanobots are going to be feeding on us? We have a good bit of carbon in us. Maybe they are going to start eating the carbon in rocks like chalk and carboniferous limestone.

Originally posted by unityemissions

Originally posted by JanusFIN
I get a thought from this oil disaster...

When oil is pumped out they replace oil with water, right? What now, when oil is just coming out in masses without replacing it with nothing - does that make another disaster possible, like huge earthquake - or underwater landslide, possible tsunami to Mexico Gulf?

Just a thought.

Have you any clue the depth of these waters, and how many gallons each square mile contains? The amount they pull out is negligable.

Theoretically it is possible, in fact probable, but we are talking very minor not major I would think. Any change in pressure is likely to have some effect on the overlying structure, but it would take the ejection of a huge amount of oil to create a catastrophic collapse.

reply to post by nesta

Have to agree with you there. I somehow don't think there is going to be redcoat invasion. I don't think we would want to conquer America again, not that it was conquered in the first place.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Whats the connection here between BP and Goldman Sachs?
Theres seriously something going on here?
I can see conspiracy theorists rubbing their hands here.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by freemasonsareevil
I really am interested in what caused the initial explosion. Was it some misguided environmentalist? Or was it equipment failure?

This rig was purposefully sunk, so that what caused the explosion will
never be known, or at least in this decade.

Oil rigs are built in compartments, so the they float even if they take on a lot of water. The fact that it sank, shows there is much more to this than being told.

Piper Alpha sank after bowing up, so your comment is wrong.

Could you explain what exactly you mean by THE LORD JUST TOLD YOU? and what it has to do with this accident?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Could be seen as some form of terrorism to some

This is the conspiracy forum so we need to be looking for the conspiracy angle. The effect of this accident will likely turn public sentiment away from new drilling projects in the gulf. It might even cause new legislation to improve safety standards or limit current drilling. Doesn't sound like what the oil companies that profit from the gulf platforms would want.

I doubt organizations like Greenpeace would create a huge toxic mess like this, but they might work the media spin afterwords. I just can't see us letting 5000 gallons a day spill into the gulf for months. The deep sea technology must be capable of at least partially capping the well. That doesn't mean there won't be catastrophic effects from the huge spill that is already out there or that the media fallout won't be devastating to the oil companies.

Are there energy companies who's rimpary resources compete with gulf of Mexico oil? Could the NWO be getting ready to launch a haarp attack that would leave nuclear power as the only sane alternative energy source?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Bordon81

Theres too many that are tied to this. We are all missing something. Like i said before whats sachs got to do with this is anything?
Maybe also look towards BP`s relation to russia?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I'm one that enjoys long romantic bare foot walks on gulf beaches at night, so probably a little more motivated than most to find a culprit.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

This is becoming ridiculous now. You mean to tell me tha there are no protocols or safety measures that would avoid or atleast limit a distaster like this?

Stop putting words into my mouth! Of course there are. They were in place. They were breached. The facility was state of the art, and thought to be indestructable. Ever heard of the Titanic??

Come on. Theres something definately wrong here.

That's an incredibly vague statement. Right and wrong are subjective. What are you implying? This MAY have been an attack by another country, but I doubt it. Our technology isn't infaliable. Mistakes do happen. Nature can thwart our attempts to overcome her, time and time again.

It doesnt matter which way you look at it, but the scale of this way up there.
Could be seen as some form of terrorism to some.

What does infuriate me is the fact that on TV news etc the economy, currency and leadership takes priority?
Whats going on

This MAY end up being the largest spill yet. Time will tell. Either way, it's a huge ecological disaster, which is a tragedy.

I guess you're just now waking up to how much of a joke the media is. Welcome to reality. It's been this way for decades. Very important world events happen all the time that don't ever get aired on MSM.

Now, I'm going to leave you guys to your fun.

Enjoy.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

You may want to read my first reply?
What words am i putting in your mouth exactly?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
hey 9/11 i really think you should check out this thread..i think it can really help prove your point even better that the events which took place on that rig were NO accdient but was planned as part of a satanic sacrafice and even more so to what you say about the nanobots chould be true please check out the OP posts.

the basic idea is that the rig was set on fire as a sacrafice to the fire god...such and such

remeber the rig caught fire april 20th!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30-4-2010 by TheSonOfMan]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSonOfMan
hey 9/11 i really think you should check out this thread..i think it can really help prove your point even better that the events which took place on that rig were NO accdient but was planned as part of a satanic sacrafice and even more so to what you say about the nanobots chould be true please check out the OP posts.

the basic idea is that the rig was set on fire as a sacrafice to the fire god...such and such

remeber the rig caught fire april 20th!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That was the thread I was looking for. Thanks! I said it happened on the 22nd, but it was the 20th. Tomorrow is May 1st. I think that is the actual satanic sacrifice day. Thanks for your input.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by 911stinks]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

This is way out there?
Seems to fit the circumstances?
Revelations?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join