It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP (British Petroleum) Oil Spill In Gulf Now Up To 200,000 Gallons A Day

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
Revelation?
Then the second angel blew his trumpet. Something that "looked" like a huge mountain on fire was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea was turned into blood, a third of the living creatures died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

Seems like a coincidence?

[edit on 29-4-2010 by jazz10]

In fact ive been drawn to the Bible recently although im not totally religious, and what is interesting is the seven seals, trumpets etc

Revelations "IS" starting to stare us in the face here?
What was it i said in my first reply?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

No. No. and NO.

Where are you getting a third of the creatures dying? Where are you getting a third of the water turning into blood? Where are you getting a third of the ships destroyed?

THIS IS NONSENSE.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

What

You do realise the topic at hand here? Please....

Theres an oil slick and its still pumping out oil into the sea?
SWAT sent to other oil rigs....need i go on?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by jazz10

No. No. and NO.

Where are you getting a third of the creatures dying? Where are you getting a third of the water turning into blood? Where are you getting a third of the ships destroyed?

THIS IS NONSENSE.

Actually i looked at some oil spill pictures on flicker and it does look like blood coming ashore

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I get a thought from this oil disaster...

When oil is pumped out they replace oil with water, right? What now, when oil is just coming out in masses without replacing it with nothing - does that make another disaster possible, like huge earthquake - or underwater landslide, possible tsunami to Mexico Gulf?

Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
That is a tragedy. So much that I think James Cameron should stop pretending he gives a rats @$$ about the Amazon Forest, leave my country and go back to his country, because there are enough environmental issues for him to fight for over there. If he actually cares, which he clearly doesnt.

Then again, I dont think he is interested in the oil spill, since he is not shooting Avatar 2 anywhere near that area. [/rant]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Really?
Could this actually cause this?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I dont know - we do have many sort of experts here, and I just made this question to my self first. I think to open a thread for this question because usually these kind of questions will get very smart answers here in coming 24h.

I support this thread in future, but to get question out and some answers to it from our "experts", is needed to open a thread for it first.

See ya, and lets look where this question lead us

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

What

You do realise the topic at hand here? Please....

Theres an oil slick and its still pumping out oil into the sea?
SWAT sent to other oil rigs....need i go on?

You need to inject just an iota of logic into your thoughts.

There have been MANY oil spills in the past. Did it represent the second trumpet?

What's the difference between previous oil spills and this one?

How is oil being dumped in this one ocean going to cause a third of marine life to die

GET REAL !!

And the ships...the ships are going to self-destruct because of the presence of oil? WTF???

The blood color in seas/oceans is due to a type of bacteria if I remember correctly.

You guys are insane.

Seriously, you're reaching REALLY hard. It's just not there.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
I get a thought from this oil disaster...

When oil is pumped out they replace oil with water, right? What now, when oil is just coming out in masses without replacing it with nothing - does that make another disaster possible, like huge earthquake - or underwater landslide, possible tsunami to Mexico Gulf?

Just a thought.

Have you any clue the depth of these waters, and how many gallons each square mile contains? The amount they pull out is negligable.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

Have you any clue the depth of these waters, and how many gallons each square mile contains? The amount they pull out is negligable.

Do you?
with proof?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Anyone seen the news lately?
This is massive people

Nothing to do with the bible and you cant see what im talking about?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Sure. It only takes a second on Google.

There are 343,423,668,428,484,681,262 gallons of water in the oceans.
water

There is 139,500,000 square miles of ocean floor on the earth.

Simple math will give the average gallons per square mile.

There are 2.46 trillion gallons of water for each square mile of ocean floor, on average!

2,461,818,411,673 gallons to be exact.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
give your head a shake will ya and open your eyes? Im not talking a piss in a pond here you know?
Can you not even begin to register what this can do? Sea`s can died, the whole world as you know it can change big time. You do realize they say it could continue for 90 days? and you think its nothing?
I didnt realize until now why we are stuck here

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Has it been determined what caused this fire?
two

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 911stinks

O.K. I have a question..Is BP drilling in international waters? I thought this oil rig was , like 22 miles off our shoreline..hmmm..

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
reply to post by 911stinks

O.K. I have a question..Is BP drilling in international waters? I thought this oil rig was , like 22 miles off our shoreline..hmmm..

I read that they are like 98 miles off shore. But when the oil comes within our border, then it does become an international incident.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

give your head a shake will ya and open your eyes? Im not talking a piss in a pond here you know?
Can you not even begin to register what this can do? Sea`s can died, the whole world as you know it can change big time. You do realize they say it could continue for 90 days? and you think its nothing?

Please tell me where I stated this was nothing. Actually, go back to the first page. I'm quite concerned about this.

I calculated the amount of oil spill produced each month based on the current estimate of 200,000 gallons a day. It comes to 60 million barrels. Lets say this continues for 6 months (highly unlikely, imo.) . That's 360 million barrels of oil. This would make it the second largest spill in history. Please look at my link on page 1. The Iriqi's spilled over 500 million galllons in 1991. Did the sea die? Did the earth flip upside down?

I called this an ecological disaster, you're calling it a sign of the bible...the second trumpet, which causes a third of the ocean life to die, a third of the ship to be destroyed, and a third of the water to turn into blood.

I'm calllin bs.

My reasoning trumps your faith and fauly logic, bar none.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I don't know but the timing of this incident,
seems,
to
convenient for me.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Please tell me where I stated this was nothing. Actually, go back to the first page. I'm quite concerned about this.

I calculated the amount of oil spill produced each month based on the current estimate of 200,000 gallons a day. It comes to 60 million barrels. Lets say this continues for 6 months (highly unlikely, imo.) . That's 360 million barrels of oil. This would make it the second largest spill in history. Please look at my link on page 1. The Iriqi's spilled over 500 million galllons in 1991. Did the sea die? Did the earth flip upside down?

I called this an ecological disaster, you're calling it a sign of the bible...the second trumpet, which causes a third of the ocean life to die, a third of the ship to be destroyed, and a third of the water to turn into blood.

I'm calllin bs.

My reasoning trumps your faith and fauly logic, bar none.

The Deepwater Horizon was pumping 8000 barrels a day. I would suggest that the leak it putting out that much. That's 320,000 gallons a day.

Every ten days, add a zero to the end of that number. One month would be three zeros, or 320,000,000 gallons.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join