It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man 'hasn't eaten, drunk in 70 years'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

"How sad, everyone already has their minds locked and permanently set regarding this issue."

That's because this story, think about it, he hasn't eaten/drank for 70 years........ is just bloody ridiculous and impossible! When this story proves to be a load of b.s. people will realise that a phrase said to me by my grandfather many times, is the truth - "If you don't eat....you don't sh*t!......If you don't sh*t....you die!".... and that's a fact of life!

Good old Grandad!

Doesn't an army "march on its stomach", surely the military would have found a way to cut their catering bills by training soldiers not to eat or drink for years, imagine how much money they'd save...lol!

Peace

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I do not care if the notion of not eating in 70 years is a lie. There is little doubt in my mind that if this guy did eat something it was a whole hell of a lot less than you or I did.

He remains surprisingly physically alert and active -- I was expecting him to be expending nearly no energy considering his intake is so low, but the video showed otherwise.

Whether the whole story is true or not there is a great lesson here to be learned that we all can benefit from - we do not need the amount of calories we thought in order to survive and be healthy! Moreover, we all should be giving serious consideration to how we can make this change in our lives.

It's great motivation to finally do something about our lifestyles. This is a great story for that reason alone! Just what this fat generation needs.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Fakir or Faker? That's the question.

Even if this is a possibility, you can count me out. I'd miss my food too much, especially my bi-weekly breakfast sausage sandwiches!!! Yum

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It is believed that many sadhus in India go without food or water for days or months (not sure if so many years) as a form of devotion.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myrddin Wyllt
reply to post by jjjtir

"How sad, everyone already has their minds locked and permanently set regarding this issue."

That's because this story, think about it, he hasn't eaten/drank for 70 years........ is just bloody ridiculous and impossible! When this story proves to be a load of b.s. people will realise that a phrase said to me by my grandfather many times, is the truth - "If you don't eat....you don't sh*t!......If you don't sh*t....you die!".... and that's a fact of life!

Good old Grandad!

Doesn't an army "march on its stomach", surely the military would have found a way to cut their catering bills by training soldiers not to eat or drink for years, imagine how much money they'd save...lol!

Peace
I dissagree, it's not impossible. If you think about it, e know that there is infinate energy in vacant space, every cubic inch of space has the energy of x ammount of atomic bombs. This means that the sapce which you occupy IS infinate energy, you ARE infinate energy. This makes it possible, if you knew how to tap this energy, to live without food or drink.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

I would be interested, as it did not say in the article how close observation he is under? 24/7 with cameras, or has he had a few moments to drink his own pee to hydrate himself and thus cover up any urine he has done?
Has he merely perfected the art of hiding food and stools in his garments and a superior grasp of slight of hand abilities....
They had better be observing him almost naked.

If he really does have a goddess he could certainly lend her and her magic elixir to many famine plagued countries.
I mean, if he really is so spiritual he would want to share his goddess with the unfortunate of the world, right?
HE would want to ease the suffering of the many.
Unless, as the villagers say he IS a fraud . . . . . . . . .

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjjtir
As you probably noticed, his body weight fell slightly in the test performed in 2003, but this 2nd test should gather additional details if it's carried out for a longer period than the 1st.

There it is then, his body weight fell during the test, if that weight loss carried on he'd have wasted away to dust but he didn't because he ate and drank after the test was done. He may be able to extend his fastings for a lot more than is normal but there is no way on earth he's going without drink for a month without dying.

It's amazing to think that people here are ready to believe he's not eaten or drank in 70 years, why so gullible? (awaits the inevitable ''why so closed minded'' cop-out reply)

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I dont know why some of these people take such joy at these claims! Just like all the others, he is being fed and fed fluids.

BS.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This is indeed a strange claim. He is 82 and has not eaten for 70 years. So when he around 12 years old he stopped eating food. How did he change into an adult without getting some food? Did he weigh the same when he was 12 as he does now? How did ossification of his bones happen or did he skip that point in development?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

"I dissagree, it's not impossible. If you think about it, e know that there is infinate energy in vacant space, every cubic inch of space has the energy of x ammount of atomic bombs. This means that the sapce which you occupy IS infinate energy, you ARE infinate energy. This makes it possible, if you knew how to tap this energy, to live without food or drink."

The only logical conclusion I can come up with is this. We are mammals, all other mammals on the planet need food and water to survive, so why should we be singled out as the only species of mammal that does not? This story is Fake!

I really don't want to mention this, but must, just look back at the graphic images of people wasting away in Nazi Death Camps, that's what really happens when you don't get proper nutrition. Fakirs are magicians and tricksters... if Jim Rose can learn their tricks, anyone can!

Come to think of it, doesn't all life require food of some sort, fish, mammals, birds, molluscs, amphibians, insects and plants (did i get them all?...lol), they all eat/absorb/intake food of some sort surely, an egg has nutrients required for the creature inside to mature enough to break free in this world, therefore I can only come to another conclusion, food is a necessity to life.

Peace

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
A breatharian huh?

Another example of evolution in action. Too bad they cheat. They mess up the natural order of things.

[edit on 4/29/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Maybe/not ... you sound like you're trying to brainwash everyone into a stance, because you want to believe it so badly yourself. The mind is more powerful than you know, much remains undiscovered, and the spiritual realm is more vast than you know, and much remains undiscovered. These matters, as a few posters have mentioned, have happened before.

The "sungazer" who was studied by NASA is real. Here's your proof so please stop the "conditioning processes" that claim impossibilities.

June 30, 2003 - NASA, the US Space Agency, has invited Hira Ratan Manek, an engineer from Kerala, India, to the US to study how he has managed to survive on a diet of sunlight and liquids for several years.

Last June, scientists from the US space agency verified that Manek spent 130 days surviving only on water, the report said. They even named this subsistence on water and solar energy after him: The HRM (Hira Ratan Manek) Phenomenon. Mr Manek is now in the US to show NASA's scientists how he survives without food. The US space agency hopes to use the technique to solve food storage and preservation problems on its expeditions.

www.communicationagents.com...

Got to love the reason NASA provides : no food for you astronauts!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think this is possible. He obviously can do whatever he wants if he is able to take full control of his mind.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Breatharian Institute Of America

The five magical 5th dimensional words.
1. Jot Niranjan
2. Omkar
3. Rarankar
4. Sohang
5. Sat Nam

Start meditating with these magic words for at least 30 minutes a day to begin with and increase your meditatiing time to 2 hours a day as soon as possible. Repeat them in the exact order that they are. Do the meditation excersize before drinking lots of diet coke in the 20 oz and 1 liter sizes (with caffeine) in the plastic bottles only. Along with a double-quarter-pounder/with cheese meal at McDonald's only. (you can combine two quarter pounders to make a double-quarter pounder if necessary). Always meditate 30 mins to an hour before eating. Try to eat a minimum of at least one meal a day for as long you can. Go back to my web site periodically to see if you can start to feel the new energies after reading a few paragraphs. IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT DRINK WATER OF ANY KIND OR FROM ANY SOURCE AND, MOST IMPORTANTLY,DO NOT EAT ANY FRUITS OR VEGETABLES DOING THIS REGIME!!! PLEASE READ THE STORY OF THE BREATHARIANS BY CLICKING ON THE "BREATHARIANS" TAB, FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE "5 MAGIC WORDS AND THE DIET!!! Wiley

They should pick up some advertising dollars for this load of crap!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

Seems this is a baloney story. No surprise there!

Hira Ratan Manek

There are reports that NASA expressed interest in Mr Manek. On the other hand, Dolores Beasley, a Nasa spokeswoman, says this never occurred and is an invented story.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrddin Wyllt

"I dissagree, it's not impossible. If you think about it, e know that there is infinate energy in vacant space, every cubic inch of space has the energy of x ammount of atomic bombs. This means that the sapce which you occupy IS infinate energy, you ARE infinate energy. This makes it possible, if you knew how to tap this energy, to live without food or drink."

The only logical conclusion I can come up with is this. We are mammals, all other mammals on the planet need food and water to survive, so why should we be singled out as the only species of mammal that does not? This story is Fake!

I really don't want to mention this, but must, just look back at the graphic images of people wasting away in Nazi Death Camps, that's what really happens when you don't get proper nutrition. Fakirs are magicians and tricksters... if Jim Rose can learn their tricks, anyone can!

Come to think of it, doesn't all life require food of some sort, fish, mammals, birds, molluscs, amphibians, insects and plants (did i get them all?...lol), they all eat/absorb/intake food of some sort surely, an egg has nutrients required for the creature inside to mature enough to break free in this world, therefore I can only come to another conclusion, food is a necessity to life.

Peace
Yes, people waste away from starvation, but it's because we believe that we need food. TPTB do not want us to know that we are our own energy source, and we are capable of holding our own just fine without them. We've kind of "devolved" to the state we are at now, I believe that many thousands/millions of years ago we were pure energy, in energy form. Then for what ever reason, we "fell" through dimensions or wotnot and ended up in the physical 3d world we find ourselves in today. But the energy is still there, within us. We just need to remember who we really are. Of course, you (or I) couldn't just say "ok, I'm going to stop eating now" as this is something that you'd have to train and train your mind into. And probably arrive in this life with certain abilities to help.

I mean yes, I've just waffled a whole lot of waffle, but I still reckon it's do-able if you were ready for it. As human capapbility goes.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
don't believe this first of all why would u want not to eat food and drink water for 70 years.. second our body needs food to grow so he must have eaten food atleast until his 20's .

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

This guy doesn't claim he had to train and train. He claims it happened suddenly when he was a child.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

"Yes, people waste away from starvation, but it's because we believe that we need food. TPTB do not want us to know that we are our own energy source, and we are capable of holding our own just fine without them. We've kind of "devolved" to the state we are at now, I believe that many thousands/millions of years ago we were pure energy, in energy form. Then for what ever reason, we "fell" through dimensions or wotnot and ended up in the physical 3d world we find ourselves in today. But the energy is still there, within us. We just need to remember who we really are. Of course, you (or I) couldn't just say "ok, I'm going to stop eating now" as this is something that you'd have to train and train your mind into. And probably arrive in this life with certain abilities to help.

I mean yes, I've just waffled a whole lot of waffle, but I still reckon it's do-able if you were ready for it. As human capapbility goes."

I kind of get where your coming from, but there's just one major factor here, if we are able to survive without food and water, why are our bodies formed in such a way as to be a virtual "Food Processing Factory", Think about it, everything from our teeth, stomach, liver, kidneys etc etc are all there to enable us to eat and drink and digest our food. Why do we have stomach's? Then the second part is getting rid of body waste, why would our bodies be formed to do this so well if it was not necessary (no food....no waste). We are perfectly formed to eat, process and pass back out food, so why wouldn't we? I just can't believe this guy can do this.

Peace

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
There are several variation, "None-Eaters", "Breatharians" are two that come to mind. A "None-Eater" eats infrequently. A Breatharian even less frequently. In reality it may be the same thing, basically living on "Pran" or vital energy. The "None-Eater" approach is a careful slow process taking several weeks. Some people care capable others perhaps not.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join