It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man 'hasn't eaten, drunk in 70 years'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Look guys, this is ATS. The motto is supposed to be "Deny Ignorance," and not "I want to believe." I know you all know the truth that Obama is a Kenyan that signed a pact with the Reptilians and Grays to pass healthcare, but this is just straight up farfetched. I encourage believers in this theory to try and scientifically duplicate his results by trying sungazing for themselves.

This would either

a) Find a solution to world hunger
or
b) Make the Earth a few idiots lighter.

We have studied the eye pretty extensively. There is no special organ in it capable of photosynthesis. If it's not the eye, then why does it matter? We all have light from the sun beating down on us whenever we're outside. The energy from the sun is the same whether you think about it or not.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by MahNameABorat]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
nice thread.

I tried that a long time ago, still drinking a bottle of water a day, but I almost died on the 5th day. The sight of a burger just...ruined it

If this guy was the guy he claimed to be, why isn't he on CNN or something? Oh yeah, he could be a fraud...
waiting for the news

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The human body is an engine that requires fuel to run. Pretty much anyone "could" survive for several days without food and water. Some people are able to fast longer than others are able to, whether through training or meditation or whatever, but everyone requires "fuel" (food and water) to survive. No matter what you want to believe, this is just a simple fact of life. This fakir's claim is akin to saying that you have a gasoline powered engine that has been running steadily for 70 years without a drop of gas. You may want to believe it's possible, but it just isn't.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MattMulder

MattMulder.....

Did you notice the money being demanded by that "Breatharian" charlatan I posted courtesy of Phage's original link?

"Send me $10,000 before I even talk to you!"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

These hoaxers are an appalling lot.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Is this really an issue?

It's impossible.

[edit on 053030p://bThursday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink
reply to post by polarwarrior

Please...somebody just shoot me now!

I should say something, good post.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Okay, so I have to share my experience here...

There were few stories I read in the past about the Thai boy that didn't eat for years and went missing in the forest then came back to village enlightened, also my friend from India said there are MANY gurus that go on living there without FOOD (they believe they got all the need through the energy of the Sun as their body soaks it in), keep in mind my friends are both software engineer and the most logical they can get, they even laugh at my UFO experiences and say I was on some drugs (which at that time wasn't), anyhow they believe not all but some of these gurus have supernatural powers, they can't explain it but say they have gift of prediction and they have met few of them with amazingly in depth prediction that 10 years later still fully accurate, about death/birth of people in the families with exact time/date... more then just coincidence, so they're believers.

Here's my personal experience, I wanted to do a body cleanse a year ago and decided to flush out all the crap out of my body and was challenged to do this "Master Cleansing" one of my kick boxer buddy does every year. So me being okay shape, pretty big guy (280 lbs) decided to do it for the first time.. this cleans involves not eating anything, other then; Water, some Maple Syrup, and Lemon Juice and .. that's it! for 8 days. (en.wikipedia.org...)

First week was hard as hell, and I mean hard, even I got moody (usually pretty stable happy medium mood), so I figured hell this isn't so bad I can go longer.. went on to 2 weeks... I felt a bit out of it but then started to feel, kinda spiritual I guess, felt very comfortable with being absolutely empty.. then I said hell with it.. see how long I can last... kid you not I lasted 7 weeks with NO SOLID FOOD/DRINK, I was really testing my will, something interesting I realized before I gave up towards the end... I didn't really need food.. I went to work 40 hours a week, went to gym (kinda weak though), and played my football and baseball like I always do... with NO solid food... weird but I know I could have gone maybe... forever...

2 reasons why I stopped... I missed chewing food and swallowing it.. sounds weird but I realized I"m "addicted" to eating and also mostly the culture pressure... Couldn't be in the office at noon (the smell of food would make me soooo hungry) and also at home, girl friend had to go eat in different room (felt like I was being tempted when seeing food.. specially on TV shows and what not and by the way I realized there are so many damn scenes with junk food, no wonder we eat all this crap, don't even realize it).

I did feel amazingly in tuned with my soul and felt harmony and less stress then ever, but culture was too much of a pressure on me and I just gave up... so is it doable.. absolutely (I don't know about NOT having water, but food for sure).

All i'm gonna say is we need to realized this social deviation can play games in our mind that are all just illusion and there are so many things we do now that we think is norm but maybe completely unnecessary.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by freighttrain]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I did not notice the breatharian ad , sorry

we got a dozen charlatans in my country spreading their stupid theories about living , breathing air and doing nothing else. Most of the hardcore followers have an alarming tendency to die.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
People in India are the MOST whacked out spritualist mumbo jumbo and gullible people in the entire world.
These are the same people that pray to rats and believe that there is a tree that sprouts little fairies.
I bet this old man has lived off the gullible populace for years.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I have to agree with you about some claiming it is impossible. Everything was impossible at some point...until it was possible. I'm not saying I blindly believe him, but who knows?

It may be a hoax, but for a site with a motto of "deny ignorance", I find it somewhat ironic that members will proclaim it impossible and a hoax solely because they refuse to entertain the possibility. No one has presented any evidence that disproves his claims, so how can anyone definitively say that his claims are false?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CDippa

It may be a hoax, but for a site with a motto of "deny ignorance", I find it somewhat ironic that members will proclaim it impossible and a hoax solely because they refuse to entertain the possibility.

This would be a prime example of the true meaning of denying ignorance.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
On the other hand.....

".....he has also been dismissed by others as a "village fraud."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e85a19336ef1.jpg[/atsimg]

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Exactly......he's a fraud.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

You never know.....

I had an overweight friend who would go on heroin binges for weeks at a time, where he wouldnt eat or drink, just shoot up.

When he would come out of it, weeks later, he looked exactly like this guy in the picture.

Moral of the story, sometimes our bodies can overcome tremendous amounts of abuse. Especially if over time your body adjusts to the abuse. I have a hard time believing this guy has had NOTHING to eat or drink, but he certainly looks like he could stand a sandwich or something....

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ruler Of The Universe
People in India are the MOST whacked out spritualist mumbo jumbo and gullible people in the entire world.
These are the same people that pray to rats and believe that there is a tree that sprouts little fairies.

It may be mumbo jumbo to YOU because you don't understand what it is they're experiencing. The western world so cut off from reality that others look so weird to YOU. Some maybe just wackos just like anywhere else in the world but majority are NOT and for you to shallowly judge the unknown just shows how closed minded you are.

For your information the concept/practice of "Spirituality" was originated in India, then the Chinese buddhist continued this practice. Many of these "wackos" understand so much more then life then you and I can possibly comprehend!

Here's an example for you to ponder on; when a child is born say with 3 arms in places like India, Thailand, etc.. they consider the child to be a "special gift" to the world, where if the same child is born in North America is considered "abnormal" and needs to go through surgery to look like the rest of us (why do you think "blondes" are hot? because the culture tells you so).... we're SO shallow here with materialism and image that we are totally missing the bigger picture... experiencing LIFE!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
He is either a mutant (lives off solar energy) or a hoaxer. I'd go with the later until I see any kind of evidence to the contrary.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Ha ha lol! Have you seen that Fortean Times episode where they are somewhere in India, watching the locals eating cow dung, literally straight out of a sacred cow's butt, he he! If you can get them to eat bullsh*t, getting them to believe it must be a doddle! Obviously, Ha!

Peace

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

Let's not speak in generalities, shall we?
Certain of those "spiritual" Indians had other plans for Lakshmi.

In her brief and difficult life before the operation, Lakshmi had been both revered as a reborn god and hidden by her parents from people who allegedly wanted to sell her to a freak show, reports CBS News correspondent Mark Phillips. Now she has the prospect of a relatively normal life.

After the surgery her parents were pretty happy about the outcome.

Lakshmi's parents "were in tears and overjoyed," Patil said. "The father was the one who reacted. The mother was quite dumbfounded, really, but however, when I took her down just a little while ago to see the child, she was completely overjoyed and had the biggest smile I've seen on a face ever."

"It will be great to see our daughter have a normal body," her father Shambhu, who only goes by one name, told reporters. "We were worried for her future."

www.cbsnews.com...

There's spirituality and there is reality. And there is nonsense.

[edit on 4/29/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Surrre he hasn't!

I guess I'd avoid eating and drinking too if I were surrounded by curries and sour lassi. BLECH!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I assure you there is a definite way to go without food and water.

For example I took classes from qigong master Chunyi Lin.

Chunyi lin went 49 days without food, water and sleep!!

Chunyi Lin did this through qigongmaster.com...

Chunyi Lin's healing is now tested and verified by the Mayo Clinic -- the top hospital in the world.

springforestqigong.com...

So going without food and water is really -- it does require special training.

I know how to do it -- I've done it -- is this fakir doing it? To some extent but not really.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

Our bodies are made up of mostly water, we NEED it to survive. I could possibly see giving up food, but you cannot live without water, its not possible.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

That coming from a person who is posting on a UFO + Conspiracy based website..

Yayks, it doesn't suit you, don't make such comments, it is an embarrassment to yourself..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join