It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man 'hasn't eaten, drunk in 70 years'

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
And he continues to flourish under observations.

He and Gandhi are like the stark opposite of arrogant America's appetite & violence, respectively!

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tropic
"Asia has 61% of the world's population, but accounts for only 13% of the world's weight"

You don't really believe that, do you?
edit on 7-2-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
i have received this story in my Facebook feed twice in the past couple of days.

i am very glad to see that this has already been addressed by ATS. however, i am wondering if anyone has a more recent debunking of this? the only debunkery i can find is linked at dead web addresses.

thanks in advance.

NASA confirms...

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

The doctor involved in the "testing" is in on the hoax, so this is probably the closest to a debunking of this particular case you'll find:
Prahlad Jani and his powerful protectors

As there are few things so well established as the biological law no human (and no animal) can survive without the regular intake of food and water, it may be sensible to approach his claim with a degree of scepticism. It is not usually very difficult to expose such characters; I have done it in several cases. But Prahlad Jani has some influential protectors....

There is no doubt that the "total surveillance" had loopholes and the "great scientific test" was a farce.

While the test was running, I exposed some of those loopholes in a live programme on India TV: an official video clip revealed that Jani would sometimes move out of the CCTV camera's field of view; he was allowed to receive devotees and could even leave the sealed test room for a sun bath; his regular gargling and bathing activities were not sufficiently monitored and so on. I demanded an opportunity to check the test set-up with an independent team of rationalist experts. There was no immediate reaction from Ahmadabad. But a sudden call from Sterling hospital invited me – live on TV – to join the test the next day itself.

Early morning, ready to fly to Gujarat, we were informed that we had to wait for the permission of the "top boss" of the project. Needless to say: this permission never came.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

that'll do. thanks.

I normally wouldn't waste my time, but I am beginning to lose patience with the poor critical thinking I am increasingly surrounded by.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I found this post on page 4 interesting. www.abovetopsecret.com...

It talks about something called Bigu which the writer claims has been studied by science and he has links to information.

It's called "bigu" btw -- in Taoist Yoga or qigong. Yes it's been verified by science already. I, myself, went 8 days in just half a glass of water. Water is created through reverse electrolysis via the pineal gland and so are nutrients -- so there's no hunger and no thirst. Also your electromagnetic fields increase significantly so you can see and emit light energy for more powerful healing. I healed my mom of a serious leg injury so she no longer needed surgical stockings. I also accidentally pulled this old lady's spirit out of her body -- no touch involved -- just the chi energy. So you do have to be careful when increasing the chi -- but a good book on how to do so is "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immoratality" -- the same exercise is found in India and the same "bigu" is documented in Yogananda's Autobiography of a Yogi book. bst.sagepub.com...

Clinical studies as well as hundreds of case reports have indicated that Yan Xin Life Science Technology has enabled human participants to live a normal life with little or no food intake for prolonged periods—a state referred to as bigu. Bigu is described in historical records as "taking in qi to avoid food," and is regarded as a special technique to achieve a long and healthy life. In this study, experiments were designed to study whether cells in vitro can survive without commonly acknowledged essential nutrients after receiving external qi treatments from Dr. Yan Xin, a chief physician and a renowned life scientist. Results reported here indicate that mouse hybridoma cells can survive in Dulbeco’s modified Eagles medium without serum or in phosphate-buffered saline buffer without other nutrient ingredients after qi treatment. These results are the first evidence that a cellular equivalent of the human bigu phenomenon or cellular bigu phenomenon may occur.
There is more info in that post about Bigu.

Now that being said.. I don't believe this guy can go abnormally long periods of time with no food or water. There are just too many things you body NEEDS food and water for to be healthy - no one can debunk this, it's a biological fact.

Wikipedia has interesting things to say about this guy possibly being a fraud.

Dr. Michael Van Rooyen, director of the Harvard Humanitarian Initiative, dismissed the observation results as "impossible", observing that the bodies of profoundly malnourished people quickly consume their own body's resources, resulting in liver failure, tachycardia and heart strain. A spokeswoman for the American Dietetic Association remarked that the human body could survive on water alone, although not healthily, and that a person could not expect to meet their body's vitamin and mineral requirements without ingesting food.[5] Nutrition researcher Peter Clifton also disagrees with study results. He accused the research team of "cheating" by allowing Jani to gargle and bathe, stating that a human of average weight would die after "15 to 20 days" without water.[6] People who avoid food and water to emulate mystical figures often die.[6] Sanal Edamaruku characterized the experiment as a farce for allowing Jani to move out of the CCTV cameras' field of view, claiming that video footage showed Jani was allowed to receive devotees and to leave the sealed test room for sunbathing. Edamaruku also said that the gargling and bathing activities were insufficiently monitored, and that he was denied access to the site where the tests were conducted in both 2003 and 2010.[3] He accuses Jani of having "influential protectors" responsible for denying Edamaruku permission to inspect the project during its operation, despite having been invited to join the test during a live television broadcast.[3] The Indian Rationalist Association stated that individuals making similar claims in the past have been exposed as frauds.
en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join