It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gordon Brown Gaffe : Calls woman a Bigot

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
It was just a shame they could not get blair to say that on camera, lol.

Just shows you that labour or conservative or who ever, they all think they are great, and better than us, lol.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talvar

However, lets be honest. He is being roasted for being human. We have all suffered through an encounter with someone we found insufferable, and once free of there life draining powers, vented to whomever we felt would be sympathetic. This was no more and no less.

Of course we all have and of course it's only human, but how many of us are the Prime Minister of the UK?

How many of us do it on live television?

How many of us then go on to to try and justify the comments even when all the news channels and people analysing the video have said that the woman said nothing bigoted at all?

He just didn't like being challenged, he didn't like hearing real views and concerns from real people, he's used to talking to his own supporters and hearing nothing but praise.

So he found a woman annoying? *gasp* How dare he not truly like everyone he comes into contact with. What an #@*@!!! /sarcasm off

Not annoying... a Bigot just for airing her concerns.
The woman is a pensioner and is obviously worried about the country and her own needs... and to be insulted by the very person who you believe can help you is just no on.

Not saying her shouldn't have insulted her at all, he's human after all... but the way he did it and how tactless he was, speaks volumes.

He's come up with at least 5 excuses since this has happened blaming everyone from the news channels to his aides to the woman and more...
He's pathetic and even when it's there in his face, he can't just admit that he did it and was caught out... Typical politician

[edit on 28/4/10 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Does not matter if its being human, it came across as he thinks he should not be questioned, and we are supposed to be part of a democracy lol.

Amazing how people are trying to cover this up, yep we are all human and he should of known not to say this while he was being recorded. Being pm you must be monitored all the time nearly so you would think he would of known, lol.

Labour conservative no difference, for the normal people.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This was such a gaff and shows the inner thoughts of the man leading this country (down the pan).

I guess it highlights just how 'staged' these walk abouts are....

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
breaking from sky, gordo's reaction.

Later, Sky's Niall Paterson played the mother of one a recording of the Prime Minister's comments, including his description of her as "bigoted". She said she was "very disappointed" and added that the PM owed her an apology.

She told Sky News: "It was very upsetting. I am very upset. "He's an educated person, why is he coming up with words like that?" Mr Brown has now appeared on BBC Radio 2 and said he "apologises profusely" for his words.

He was played a recording of his comments by interviewer Jeremy Vine. As the Prime Minister listened, he put his head in his hands. "They have chosen to play my private conversation with the person who was in the car with me,"

he said. "I know these things can happen. I apologise profusely to the lady concerned. "I don't think she is that, I think it was just the view she expressed that I was worried about that I couldn't respond to."

Speaking on Sky News, the shadow chancellor George Osborne said: "We have found out the Prime Minister's internal thoughts and I think they speak for themselves. "The Prime Minister has a lot of explaining to do."

A spokesperson for Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg said he would not comment on the matter.

Lol

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Normally i am a very negative person, with what was done to me, but this sure did make me laugh lol.

[edit on 4/28/2010 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
It's not suprising that the subject that provoked this outburst was immigration, the one topic that none of the main parties wish to enter into open and honest debate about despite the genuine and real concerns of the majority of people up and down the country.

It is also shows the complete contempt politician have for us.

And proof positive of Brown's inability to accept responsibility for his error's; first of all it was his aide's fault, then the lady herself and then the media's.

The lady seemed perfectly reasoned and there was absolutely excuse for his outburst.

If that is how he reacts when under pressure from an everyday pensioner how would he react if the security of the nation was under imminent threat?
That scares the crap out of me.

At first I thought this was hilarious, now I'm just amazed.

I very much fear for the future of this country.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Oops.

Sorry. Double post.

[edit on 28/4/10 by Freeborn]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This reminds me of when John Major called his cabinet bastards, not realising his mike was live.
www.guardian.co.uk...
Stupid thing to do. Still, I dont think Browne was a million miles away from the truth. Shouldn't have said it tho...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Bloody labour have been ruining enough lifes. Gordan brown being chancellor when he was, has a massive part in what happened being english chancellor, we all know this.

Its amazing he is even in this position. But the press does never just tell the truth, lol.

English Chanceller? Didn't realise there was such a post! Is there a secret English Parliament too and I have been wasting my time for the past couple of years? Damn.....

At least you didn't claim Gordon Brown stalks you and submits you to anal probes, but there is time I suppose....

As for the gaff, amazing! This plus the fact Clegg won't support him if he comes third in the popular vote should write the silly bugger off. I do still wake in cold sweats at the thought of the stubborn little man hanging onto power in a minority Government though...It is very possible!

Brown is the biggest bigot of them all. Any views different from his own are wrong and he doesn't like it when he gets blamed for his actions, with an absolutely stunning inability to accept responsibility for anything.

[edit on 28/4/10 by stumason]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I agree, It was funny now it's kind of pathetic.
I only really thought it was funny because he got rumbled and because he's trying to wriggle out of it and blame everyone and anyone but himself.

We all saw and heard what he said and he STILL can't just admit he is wrong.

She said that she dare not mention immigration for fears of being called racist and that she was concerned about immigration.... NOTHING she said was racist or bigoted.... perhaps if the conversation had gone any further then something may have been said, but asking why immigration is so high is not bigoted in my opinion.

Gordon Brown could have just held his hands up and said "I'm only human, I was wrong, I admit I was wrong, I'm sorry" But he couldn't even do that!!!

He blamed the news channels for airing it, he blamed the woman for having an opinion, he blamed the stress and hurried nature of his campaign he blamed it on not having enough time to answer her question, which is pure bollocks because he just brushed her question aside.

[edit on 28/4/10 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
*Update*

Gordon Brown to apologise to the woman, face to face later this afternoon.

Let's hope the mic is still rolling after that one, well see what brown the bullying bigot has to say then

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Uk chancellor then, we all know he played a massive part in letting these people do what they do. Why did alan greenspan get a prize from the queen, when america is not supposed to be part of the commonwealth, lol.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

How refreshing would it be if someone in a position of responsibility turned round and said " Hey, I #ed up, sorry about that but i'll try and learn from it and try to make sure it doesn't happen again".

I think a politician with a bit of sincerity, openness and honesty may just be onto a winning ticket.

Unfortunately we have a boring, bad tempered, uninspiring and diddering Labour candidate.
A upper class, bumbling, bland Tory candidate who has never had an original thought of his own and whose only agenda is to further that of his masters.
And a middle of the road, can't do anything without a committee, wishy-washy Lib-Dem who has got where he has in this election more by luck and the other candidates inabilities rather than his own strengths.

FFS, we are doomed!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Exactly... I don't think he realises how much people would have responded and appreciated him had he gone about it in that way.
But he couldn't even just admit it.

He's on his way to her house now to apologise to her in person, I hope she really gives him what for.

And yes, I agree... all 3 party's are just annoying.
There's things I like about the Tories, mainly their stance on the Euro.... Things I like about Lib-Dems, mainly their stance on the economy and Trident and so on....

But Labour... Labour just piss me off... and along with everyone else, we're just fed up with Gordon "Twatty" Brown.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
In reality nothing is really different between them all.

They all think they are better than you or i, and thats just the way the system is.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
"I know he's a moron Gordon is a Moron" . Never a truer lyric ever sung. Massive mare for Gordon Brown, he's been unlucky here. I'm sure politicians from all sides say things once in the comfort of their cars, Gordon was just stupid enough to have his mike on.

To think that some out there think Gordon Brown has some role in establishing a NWO is laughable.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
To think that some out there think Gordon Brown has some role in establishing a NWO is laughable.

I think most people who run society are pretty stupid, there humans after all. I really do not think many of these so called elites are that smart, its just they are getting help, that most of us do not.

CX

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
He's just come out of her house sayin, "I told her i misunderstood what she said".

That alright then.

Part of me feels people should give him a break, part of me thinks he should be given the village idiot position.

Damage control at it's finest.

As for Sky New, asking it's contributors how long they think this blunder will affect things for Labour.....i'd say as long as you keep playing this 24/7 and talk about nothing else!!!

Theres other news yanno!

CX.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

But if i was the other parties, i would just have ads with this all over the place now, really rub in how bad labour really are for the working masses.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join