It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come on people lets Deny Ignorance here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
[Generic Deny Ignorace post]

Hai Guise!!!

Im just here to tell you we should deny ignorance!!!!!

But what does that mean

Well ill tell ya.

Main Entry: de·ny
Pronunciation: \di-ˈnī, dē-\
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): de·nied; de·ny·ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French deneier, denier, from Latin denegare, from de- + negare to deny — more at negate
Date: 14th century
1 : to declare untrue
2 : to refuse to admit or acknowledge : disavow
3 a : to give a negative answer to b : to refuse to grant c : to restrain (oneself) from gratification of desires
4 archaic : decline
5 : to refuse to accept the existence, truth, or validity of

Main Entry: ig·no·rance
Pronunciation: \ˈig-n(ə-)rən(t)s\
Function: noun
Date: 13th century
: the state or fact of being ignorant : lack of knowledge, education, or awareness

So guys we should not gang up on each other over politics and religion so we should gang up against the comon enemy which is ignorace.
[/Generic Deny Ignorace post]

But who decides what is ignorant and what is not ignorant?

[truth]
OMG TROLL TROLL TROLL DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE DENY IGNORACE!!!!!!
hmm. Deny Ignorance just means im right you are wrong, nobody decides what ignorance is as nobody really could. For example, you support bill A and i support bill b. Now bill A will give us a higher tax rate but a new freeway and bill b will give us a higher tax rate and fix our existing freeway. Now we go back and forth blah blah why build a new freeway when we can't repair the old ones, the old ones would not get worn down if there were other freeways to drive on blah blah. Now we come at a stand still we will go back and forth on and on in a circle and the situation will never eally resolve, so what do we do? I call you ignorant and say it is our duty to deny ignorance and you are not doing your job in denying ignorance.

But you did not really, deny ignorance. You just used the term "deny ignorance" to insult my intelligence

See? Now you are catching on!! "Deny Ignorance" has just evolved into a generic insult we can toss back and forth and it is a cookie cutter thread almost anyone can throw together.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

No problem, i was ignorant once too.
[/truth]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Here's a fun spin: many on ATS talk about the 'shadow government' or 'NWO', without considering that they are largely ignorant of the true nature and actions of conspiracies they assume exist.

They don't consider that the 10% that they see or infer implies 90% ignorance on their part. Member make the naive assumption that the overt accurately parallels the covert -- and in the same breath, many go on to attribute sophisticated misinformation and deception tactics to these same entities! A little cognitive dissonance, no?

Then, to top it off, they'll turn around and judge. Not only judge determinable and tangible evil (which should be judged, dammit!), but also judge the illusory evils their fears make them see, attributed to their chosen scapegoat.

And they'll deny bitterly that their ignorance born of their own assumptions in any way has bearing on the validity of their chosen projected hatred.

That's the pernicious denying of ignorance that I find particularly exasperating and disheartening.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Oh i know the world is run by a secret society that everyone knows about. There are thousands of books and documentaries about it and how secret it is.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It's not about who's right or who's wrong, ignorance is about truth. Everyone has their opinions and different ways to solve a problem. People can get together here and talk about anything they want and just because someone has a different view doesn't mean their ignorant. Trying to pass off a CGI picture as the truth and someone coming to deny that picture with proof that it's a hoax is denying ignorance. Showing people the truth with undeniable evidence is denying ignorance not just telling them they are wrong. I see it everyday in here where people say they know the truth and anybody who trys to oppose them are considered ignorant and that's ignorant on their part to think they know it all. Bashing fellow members with rude comments and name calling isn't denying ignorance it's actually showing ignorance. I just hope people realize that there are two sides of a story and no matter how wild or how far out their story may be it could be the truth until it's proven with undeniable evidence to be false. That's all I got on this subject.

[edit on 4/28/2010 by Solarskye]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I won't deny that there lots of ignorance on ATS. A lot of people try to deny the fact that they're ignorant by hiding behind anectdotes and conspiracies. I for one will never deny ignorance, that would be a mistake. We should use our heads and not take every claim at face value.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

This is the most truthful & yet, funniest thread I've seen throughout the entire time I've been on ATS!

Well done, Zaiger!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Thank you Mam.

edit to change gender, i mean i said sir and it was lady I.E i changed my post not the gender of jinx.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

That's Miss to you Mr...

Edit-
Noted

Doesn't matter...I thought the Pink was pretty clear though.

Anyz, I found this thread via the 'Mentally Challenged' thread.... Looks as though the signature line is great advertising space!

Oh- and by the way. Thanks for the introduction to 'Encyclopedia Dramatica'.... Was a laugh to read.

[edit on 21/04/10 by jinx880101]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Cool.
Just be carefull about ED it is not really the safest site to visit. you should check out Uncyclopedia they have pretty funny things too and is a bit less malicious.
uncyclopedia.wikia.com...

top topics

join