It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Hid Damning Health Care Report From Public Until A Month After Vote

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I hate to say it once again but Pelosi was right. We won't know what is in the Bill until after it passes. The writing was on the wall folks and now reality is slapping us in the face.

“We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it,” - Nancy Pelosi

A damning health care report generated by actuaries at the Health and Human Services (HHS) Department was given to HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius more than a week before the health care vote. She hid the report from the public until a month after democrats rammed their nationalized health care bill through Congress.

The results from the report were troubling. The report released by Medicare and Medicaid actuaries shows that medical costs will skyrocket rising $389 billion 10 years. 14 million will lose their employer-based coverage. Millions of Americans will be left without insurance. And, millions more may be dumped into the already overwhelmed Medicaid system. 4 million American families will be hit with tax penalties under this new law.

Of course, these were ALL things that President Obama and Democratic leaders assured us would not happen.

Blatant out of this world DECEPTION and FRAUD!

The economic report released last week by Health and Human Services, which indicated that President Barack Obama’s health care “reform” law would actually increase the cost of health care and impose higher costs on consumers, had been submitted to the office of HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius more than a week before the Congressional votes on the bill, according to career HHS sources, who added that Sebelius’s staff refused to review the document before the vote was taken.

“The reason we were given was that they did not want to influence the vote,” says an HHS source. “Which is actually the point of having a review like this, you would think.”

The analysis, performed by Medicare’s Office of the Actuary, which in the past has been identified as a “nonpolitical” office, set off alarm bells when submitted. “We know a copy was sent to the White House via their legislative affairs staff,” says the HHS staffer, “and there were a number of meetings here almost right after the analysis was submitted to the secretary’s office. Everyone went into lockdown, and people here were too scared to go public with the report.”

In the end, the report was released several weeks after the vote

biggovernment.com...

WHy isn't this story all over the news? This should be the lead story in every evening news broadcast. Nope. This story is Buried in the sand right next to the heads that that are obscuring it.

Pass this on to everyone you know and to everyone who supported this BS from the start.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by jibeho]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I'm not a lawyer so I have to ask the question. Does this recent revelation raise the legality issue regarding the passage of this legislation? This is pertinent info that was intentionally withheld. This report could have easily swayed the vote against HCR legislation.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Well, by refusing to read it they can claim plausible deniability.

Look, using basic math facts, anyone can figure out that healthcare reform is not going to save any money. You can not dump 30 million people currently unable to afford or obtain insurance now, and grant them automatic acceptance and coverage, and further allow them to take subsidized coverage for anyone earning less than 300% of the poverty level, without someone else picking up the tab.

Our current entitlement programs are already tapped out, maxed out, and bleeding red ink all over this country. Adding to the number of people that qualify for these already broken systems does nothing but create more red ink. Unless of course, you can offset the cost by raising taxes.

And if anyone thinks that all of the young, healthy Americans that are going to be forced to now buy insurance are going to help offset the cost, think again.

The overall median personal income for all individuals over the age of 18 was $25,149[4] ($32,140 for those age 25 or above) in the year 2005.[5]

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

So, those aged 18 - 25, reasonably considered the young and healthy population have an average income of roughly $25K.

What is the poverty level is this country? For one person (D.C. and 48 states only) is $10,830 (source: aspe.hhs.gov...)

What is 300% of $10,830? Roughly $30K.

As you can see, the healthy, young Americans are going to be receiving assistance in paying their premiums as well.

Hopefully, those healthy 25+ age Americans keep working....

+22 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
It doesn't matter, the 40% that blindly support Obama and the dems will just find a way to blame Bush or justify this another way. Criminal, just outright criminal.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I am so stress out from this HCR after following for months and then when posting about the realities behind this bill people will not even listen.

One, is not regulation to the private insurance business, so yes premiums will be raised at will.

Two, Medicaid will become the biggest insurer for the poor, so yes this mean more tax burden to be add to the struggling tax payer that still have to face higher premiums from private insurance companies without restrictions.

Three, a lower quality of care for those that can not afford private insurance or have to settler for lower premiums on insurance they would not be able to afford to use.

And the list goes on.

Obama public option is Medicaid

Welcome to Obamacare people.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Marge6043 I agree.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This is sad, very sad.
Is this what America has come too? Where are the exits?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
this is really no surprise.....

theres an old proverb: how do you tell when a politican is lying? his lips are moving.

there is still hope tho people in 2010 if the house changes they can allocate 0 funds almost killing it.
the next step will be in 2012 and repel and replace the bill.

meanwhile fullspeed ahead on immigration,cap and tax and what about those jobs mr president? pelosi? reid? WHAT ABOUT THOSE JOBS ???

you been there for over a year now and jobs are apparently the last thing you want to do anything about. i wonder why that is?

you spent billions on banks,car makers,insurance, and for the first time in 30 years eldery and disabled DO NOT GET A COST OF LIVING ADJUSTMENT.

i dont hate the current admistration but right now they are tied with lint i pull out of my belly button-pretty much useless.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Got a reliable source to back up your claim?

BigGovernment.com is just a fake website putting our right wing propaganda.

This thread should go in the hoax bin.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
this has already been debunked

edit: seriously guys, check your damn sources before you post them

[edit on 27-4-2010 by piddles]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It seems the Tea Party crowd feels they are exempt from fact-checking their sources.

Oh well, at least it makes for comical (and short-lived) threads, occasionally.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The short answer is once they pass something that will put more money in the hands of legislators, no F'n way. I believe it was a politician that said, and I quote "They can have my tax dollars back when they pry them from my cold dead hands" end quote.

That and the fact that they have already borrowed money from the chinese using as collateral projected income from the taxes to be collected through this healthcare bill, a big fat NO! This will never be repealed as long as the federal government stands.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Yes it seems that the "story" was altered a bit to make it seem worse than it is. Clearly everyone knew this is what the report would eventually find but it seems that the story was a bit misleading. Having said that. Anyone who uses mediamatters.org to "fact check" a story has no right to attack others for not fact checking their stories. I mean seriously...mediamatters is as "left" as they come. If you don't believe all the "right" sites because of their bias, then by that same principle, there's no way you can believe mediamatters.org either. They are the "MSNBC" of the internet.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

This isnt all over the news because the MSM is controlled by the left. Well, except Fox News of course. I bet they'll be the only ones reporting on it...

Thank God for sites like ATS, otherwise things like this would never see the light of day for a lot of liberal dems.

Everyday, I witness more and more BS coming from our government, and guess what its starting to stink so bad, even the most liberal are starting to feel disgusted.

Yet another case of the honest, hard working tax payer, tricked and forced into wasting more money and putting this country further into debt.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Regardless of the fact that this is at the very least embellished, at most a hoax, the fact is we've got two mid-term elections and one presidental to kick the progressives to the curb on this. Granted, in their own way whoever does wind up in office will be just as corrupt, ineffectual and out-of-touch as those in office now, but at least they'll be too busy trying to make the Dems look bad to do anything but kill this cancer before its claws sink in too far.

Lesson for the liberals once their heads stop rolling? Don't hand us a plate of chicken s#%$ and tell us it's chicken salad.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Just wait until we get more whistle blowers coming out after the November elections when the power shifts. We'll actually get to hear more about the Blagoevich matter with Obama, where Obama stated in interviews after interviews he didn't talk to the shamed governor but the actual evidence does tell a different tale.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by awhispersecho
Yes it seems that the "story" was altered a bit to make it seem worse than it is. Clearly everyone knew this is what the report would eventually find but it seems that the story was a bit misleading. Having said that. Anyone who uses mediamatters.org to "fact check" a story has no right to attack others for not fact checking their stories. I mean seriously...mediamatters is as "left" as they come. If you don't believe all the "right" sites because of their bias, then by that same principle, there's no way you can believe mediamatters.org either. They are the "MSNBC" of the internet.

If you would bother to click the "debunked" link a few posts up, you'll see that the group who originally "broke" the story (Fox News) won't even stand behind it, as the details have been shown to be completely false.

While I personally find it annoying when people trash a source without even looking at it, I sincerely hope your post satiated your need for blind hatred and ignorance for the day.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Funny how some are saying this is debunked...

No matter what anyone tries to say, it isn't going to make the HCR thing become affordable for all, as stated when they slammed it through.
If it is so cheap and affordable, then those here that support the HCR and defend it so vigorously can pay for mine.. Hows that grab ya?
All it will do is destroy the country. They will need huge tax increases still to come to even get the thing rolling halfway along.
Ill be forced to watch America's self destruction, unless they can get rid of all incumbents and repeal this obscenity. When obama gets the big
boot in 2012 is when America just might have a chance at recovery.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Ramming their bill through congress...

Like, for about a year and a half with NO debates from Republicans until the last few months?

The damning report suggests Health Care costs will skyrocket $389 billion 10 years

Wow, that's only 90% less than the increases we've seen WITHOUT Obamacare for the past ten. Gee, it's almost as bad as REALITY -- Oh My Gawd!

>> I think the bill is a tepid start. But really, it's going to SAVE taxpayer money, because Insurance Companies and some taxpayer money is being spent to insure and cover people BEFORE they go to the emergency room. Do you know what happens when HMOs don't pay, or to people who don't have coverage? The go to the emergency room where a visit for a bandaid costs $600 and some "Robber Baron Pundit" screams about the free lunch while being against Socialized Medicine.

You pay ten times more in tax dollars for an uninsured pregnant mother, because her baby is likely to be premature, less healthy, and require expensive treatment. Being selfish and lacking in compassion is COSTING us big bucks.

And what happens to that undocumented worker who doesn't get a TB shot or health care? Why, they cough up some blood on your spinach while they are working the fields for below minimum wage and an entire segment of our food supply has to be shut down because we don't have enough "expensive" health inspectors to track the diseased produce making everyone sick.

>> With just inflation -- it's going to cost $400 Billion more in ten years. What a huge conspiracy to HIDE the truth!

I'd rather spend $800 Billion more on health care than that same amount each year for our useless military, which seems to always have a great excuse for why we are still bombing people with no reason and that we should trust them with more and more resources and funds and it's "security" when they Cover their Asses. They give us the briefcase full of evidence when the dust settles and explain all the weird coincidences and they kindly need more money to fail some more while outspending the entire planet.

Money going to doctors and nurses is money going into our economy. Money going into bombs does nothing but spread misery.

If we spent $480 Billion more on Education -- that would be more teachers working, and more schools and smarter kids.

Your parents are going to need medical attention -- so some of that money will increase because we will have a LOT of baby boomers retiring.

>> This bill might be complete junk -- but so is our current failing system. There are too many representatives on the take, so any improvement is going to have to be incremental and sneaky. But let's not listen to the same pundits for the crooks who have all the money telling us about "fiscal responsibility." I could live the rest of my life not hearing about MONEY from these morons on the Right.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I did go to the link. I also said the story was seemed to be not true or altered. You are more worried about the story being "debunked" then the facts of the report the story is about. That is the problem here. As someone who has archived over 6000 articles from hundreds of sites since the election. I know my way around the "net". Mediamatters is as "left" as fox is "right".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join