It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Hid Damning Health Care Report From Public Until A Month After Vote

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
THE HEALTH INSURANCE INDUSTRY LOBBIED FOR MANDATES. THEY WOULD NOT COME TO THE TABLE UNLESS EVERYONE WAS FORCED INTO IT.

Big Pharma also lobbied to get what they wanted. There would be NO HEALTH CARE REFORM AT ALL if they would have fought against it from the beginning.

Could you have imagined how much worse the ad blitz and propaganda would have been if they WERE NOT on board?

I've proved this in 3 threads....yet no one reads them.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Instead everyone just wants to trash the government....when it is essentially controlled by the elite rich and mega corporations. So yes, the government is corrupt...but it is corrupt because of the extremely wealthy...the same people many of you are fighting against RAISING TAXES ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 27-4-2010 by David9176]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Classic divide and conquer techniques. The people that get blamed blame others, the others blame the accusor and the people argue over who should of done what and why. It's like a symphony of destruction. Thanx Dave Mustaine. The orders do not come from our selected representatives. They are the front that most fight with each other over. The orders come from the Vatican through the King/Queen of England and are imposed upon us in a way to be fought over so that most do not see where the problem begins or ends. Just fighting over what happened, who's perceived to be at blame and that the people should vote out whoever is responsible only to continue the cycle of taxation further into slavery and indebtedness. Slaves on a plantation. Some higher than others.

PRAISE YOUR ARCHITETURE OF AGGRESSION

[edit on 27-4-2010 by TheRoadLessTraveled]

Edits for clarification and spelling the same word wrong twice. I love my mobile device and will stand by my errors despite it.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mntnhooger

My impression is that there is too much discussion over how this health care bill is Obama's brainchild. They guy wasn't in office very long before this 2000+ page monstrosity was foisted upon the population. This thing was in the works before Obama ever came into the picture, IMO.

When it comes to certain hotly debated political topics, it seems we forget that at the top, the lines between the political parties start to fade into obscurity. So, in this instance, we have to ask ourselves:

DO WE BELIEVE THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES IS RUNNING THIS COUNTRY OR DO WE NOT?

I believe most of us would say the latter is true. Therefore, do we believe that one party or the other is really the culprit here, or is this just one more step toward a one world government?

I am only making this statement because I see far too many intelligent people engaging in these political party debates. I respect their right to do this, but I think it ultimately stalls any efforts for Americans to unite for one cause. Perhaps this is why we are criticized so frequently by our foreign friends for our lack of action when the situation seems to warrant our response.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

This thing was in the works before Obama ever came into the picture, IMO.

The original guideline/draft was written by a Max Baucus staffer...who just happened to be the former VP of Wellpoint...one of the largest health insurers in the country...and who raised insurance quite a bit...especially the last few months as was reported in the news.

Obama made health care an issue in the campaign...so rightfully the lobbyists were lining up to get what they wanted in HCR. It was all about the benjamins for them...not actually helping people get health care.

What's the most amazing of all of this...you won't see ANY Republicans besides Ron Paul (Not surprising, he's not a corporate buddy) blasting big pharma and the health insurance industry for their unbelievable influence in the bill.

In fact...they spend the entire time DEFENDING them. Crazy isn't it?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

WHy isn't this story all over the news?

Well, I suspect that the answer is three-fold.
First and foremost is the fact that the Lame Stream Media supports the Obama agenda, and so won't report anything that threatens that support.

The second reason is that I doubt that there were any thinking people in this country that EVER believed that the Health Care Bill would cost less than the current situation. I don't think that they needed any report or study to realize that.

The third reason is that the government has a very long track record of "under-estimating"* the cost of ANY government program by orders of magnitude. Just look at Social Security and Medicare to see how badly they "under-estimated"* the costs.

*under-estimate: A euphemism for "LIED".

[edit on 27-4-2010 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I would think the main reason would be that the story has been proven to be a hoax. That seems like a pretty good reason to keep it off the news to me.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I hate to say it once again but Pelosi was right. We won't know what is in the Bill until after it passes. The writing was on the wall folks and now reality is slapping us in the face.
“We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it,” - Nancy Pelosi
WHy isn't this story all over the news? This should be the lead story in every evening news broadcast. Nope. This story is Buried in the sand right next to the heads that that are obscuring it.
Pass this on to everyone you know and to everyone who supported this BS from the start.

Why isn't this all over the news? You know the answer to that. They will not print anything with out the approval of pelosi, reid or obama. But you've got to admit, she did warn us, "You have to vote for it to find out what's in it." This is just the beginning of this downword ride were on.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phedreus

You said: "Others that worked on the report, claim they have been followed, that their houses have been bugged and that they have been spied upon using remote viewing techniques. One staffer came home to find her goldfish had mysteriously disappeared and that someone had tried to drown her cat,"

Question: How does one know they have been remotely viewed?

And I have a solution for the missing fish and wet cat. It is....oh, darn, I forgot what the solution was. Oh, well, ask the cat. I smell something fishy here.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

I would think the main reason would be that the story has been proven to be a hoax. That seems like a pretty good reason to keep it off the news to me.

Nothing that I said changes that. Whether the story was true or not, the CBO "estimate" was BASED upon what the Democrats gave them, in terms of projected areas of savings. Those numbers given to the CBO are a joke, and that is a fact. In addition, everything I said about the history of Congress and estimations of costs is FACT, not a hoax.

The cost of Medicare is a good place to begin. At its start, in 1966, Medicare cost $3 billion. The House Ways and Means Committee estimated that Medicare would cost only about $ 12 billion by 1990 (a figure that included an allowance for inflation). This was a supposedly "conservative" estimate. But in 1990 Medicare actually cost $107 billion.

reason.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

That's funny, because whenever the CBO number support something the bourgeois, "step over the poor to get to the money" folks at Reason support, suddenly the CBO is a wonderful, non-partisan source of economic analysis.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by piddles
this has already been debunked
edit: seriously guys, check your damn sources before you post them

Actually, the American Spectator story was technically CORRECT, but the estimates were based on the Senate bill rather than the final "reconciliation." The Medicaid actuary worked from the Senate bill and had the figures BEFORE the House approved the "reconciliation" (which basically mirrored the Senate bill).

The Chief Medicare Actuary, Rick Foster, returned our email about this American Spectator blog ... . [H]e still stands by the estimate as of last week. And points out they did do an estimate of the Senate bill that all see said costs would go up by about $222 billion. That was released before the congressional vote on March 18. But they didn't have the full estimate of both reports, the reconciliation bill which became law before the vote.

MediaMatters

Apparently you've decided to ignore the FACT that the true costs of the HCR legislation are much higher than Obama or the Dem Leadership were willing to admit, and they knew it beforehand.

So, for all the Obama faithful who swore that the "reform" would lower costs, increase coverage and lower the deficit: you were duped by your chosen leaders, or you lied.

Take your pick. We all lose with this union and insurance "bailout."

deny ignorance

jw
p.s.: recent estimates from independent economists are that 15% of hospitals or providers will be out of business within 5 years as a result of "reform."

[edit on 28-4-2010 by jdub297]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I don't know about the rest of you but when Bush Jr was president everyone was saying vote democrat so we could put the brakes on his spending etc.

The republican congress was just giving Bush whatever he wanted and not even asking any questions. When I went to vote I voted straight democrat down the line.

Then came Ron Paul and opened my eyes and when it came time to vote again I voted for Paul and tried to find any third party candidate to vote for.

It seems since Obama got in that everyone has been saying we got to get the republicans in to stop all the stuff the democrats are doing. It seems to just go back and forth between the two evils and never stops.

For me I hope that Ron Paul runs again or maybe Jesse Ventura and maybe when it comes time to vote for a new congress we all go for a third party. I know Ron Paul is a republican but he's about the only one I feel is looking out for us up there.

Vote third party if you can and maybee we can make a change for the better...Just my thoughts.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Such a reputable source, lol. The "tea party" crowd is so eager to believe the absolute worst that they don't scrutinize anything. They just repeat whatever they hear and swear it's gospel.

I'd bet cash money that they have articles about Pelosi being a secret powerful Sith Witch, Obama biting the heads off of kittens, and the entire Democratic Leadership has Satanic orgies in the rotunda.

But do they ever report the fact that Dick Cheney has hidden 7 hoarcrux's all over the place? Noooooooo.......

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

p.s.: recent estimates from independent economists are that 15% of hospitals or providers will be out of business within 5 years as a result of "reform."

[edit on 28-4-2010 by jdub297]

Source? The Chiefs of Medicine and Surgery at my institution, as well as the CFO of the hospital, are expecting a profit windfall here, as out patient population is currently largely uninsured (hospital is a "public" facility in a large city). The government only reimburses 75% of costs for each uninsured patient we treat. With the new plan, we will receive Medicare-level reimbursement, which is closer to 85%.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I hate to say it once again but Pelosi was right. We won't know what is in the Bill until after it passes. The writing was on the wall folks and now reality is slapping us in the face.

“We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it,” - Nancy Pelosi

A damning health care report generated by actuaries at the Health and Human Services (HHS) Department was given to HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius more than a week before the health care vote. She hid the report from the public until a month after democrats rammed their nationalized health care bill through Congress.

The results from the report were troubling. The report released by Medicare and Medicaid actuaries shows that medical costs will skyrocket rising $389 billion 10 years. 14 million will lose their employer-based coverage. Millions of Americans will be left without insurance. And, millions more may be dumped into the already overwhelmed Medicaid system. 4 million American families will be hit with tax penalties under this new law.

Of course, these were ALL things that President Obama and Democratic leaders assured us would not happen.

Blatant out of this world DECEPTION and FRAUD!

The economic report released last week by Health and Human Services, which indicated that President Barack Obama’s health care “reform” law would actually increase the cost of health care and impose higher costs on consumers, had been submitted to the office of HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius more than a week before the Congressional votes on the bill, according to career HHS sources, who added that Sebelius’s staff refused to review the document before the vote was taken.

“The reason we were given was that they did not want to influence the vote,” says an HHS source. “Which is actually the point of having a review like this, you would think.”

The analysis, performed by Medicare’s Office of the Actuary, which in the past has been identified as a “nonpolitical” office, set off alarm bells when submitted. “We know a copy was sent to the White House via their legislative affairs staff,” says the HHS staffer, “and there were a number of meetings here almost right after the analysis was submitted to the secretary’s office. Everyone went into lockdown, and people here were too scared to go public with the report.”

In the end, the report was released several weeks after the vote

biggovernment.com...

WHy isn't this story all over the news? This should be the lead story in every evening news broadcast. Nope. This story is Buried in the sand right next to the heads that that are obscuring it.

Pass this on to everyone you know and to everyone who supported this BS from the start.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by jibeho]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

Errrr DOesn't Nancy and Reid write the darn thing?// They know quite well what they wrote in that bill.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I love all of the people citing Media Matters "report" that this is a hoax. The report is real and the numbers are real. The only mystery now involves the HHS career official that leaked the information.

Richard Foster is quickly covering his tracks by denying this claim that the report was ready before the vote. He claims that the report was not available until after the vote based on the numbers they had to work with.

An online article in The American Spectator about the most recent analysis by the CMS Office of the Actuary of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act is completely inaccurate. We began working on the reconciliation bill for the health reform legislation once it was publicly issued on March 18 – three days before the House vote took place on March 21. Because of the details and complexity of the legislation, it wasn’t possible to estimate the package before the Senate vote. We began work on the estimates right away, but we didn’t finalize them until the afternoon of April 22. We finished our memorandum on the health reform act later that same day and immediately sent it to those individuals and organizations that had requested it, including Congressional staff, HHS staff, and media representatives.

www.politico.com...

His story is plausible. I'll work with that for now. So, I ask this question as have many others. Why was this bill rushed to vote knowing that the results of this report were still pending?

Let's say he is wrong and the timeline does not match and the leak was accurate. Naturally, he will deny it just as any leak is denied.

Now for the report itself. No hoax here just cold hard facts that should have been presented prior to the final vote on this mess. Simple facts that support the basic common sense math that for some reason stumped congress and Obama.

The administration's own actuary reported on Thursday (April 22) that millions of people could lose their health insurance, that health-care costs will rise faster than they would have if the law hadn't passed, and that the overhaul will mean that people will have a harder and harder time finding physicians to see them.

The White House is trying to spin the new report from Medicare's chief actuary Richard Foster as only half bad because it concludes that, while costs will increase, only 23 million people will remain uninsured (instead of 24 million previously estimated).

But looking at the details of Foster's report shows the many, many danger signs for Obamacare and how many of its promises will be broken ...

About 14 million people will lose their employer coverage by 2019, as smaller employers terminate their plans and workers who currently have employer coverage enroll in Medicaid.

Businesses will pay $87 billion in penalties in the first five years after the fines trigger in 2014, partly because they can't afford to offer expensive, government-mandated coverage and partly because some of their employees will apply for taxpayer-subsidized insurance.

The new "CLASS Act" long-term-care insurance program will face "a significant risk of failure ... there is a very serious risk that the problem of adverse selection will make the CLASS program unsustainable."

Under the new law, national health spending will increase by $311 billion over the coming decade. And instead of bending the federal spending curve down, it will move it upward "by a net total of $251 billion" over the next decade.

An estimated 23 million people will remain uninsured in 2019, roughly 5 million of whom would be undocumented aliens; the remainder would be the 18 million who decline to get coverage and who will pay the penalty.

A significant portion of those newly eligible for Medicaid will have trouble finding physicians who will see them, and the increased demand for Medicaid services could be difficult to meet.

Less coverage, fewer choices, hospitals closed, higher costs, and 23 million Americans still uninsured. Sounds good Obama

The actual report:
www.politico.com...

healthcare.nationalreview.com...

[edit on 28-4-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
For those who take orders from Media Matters and we know who you are...

Media Matters is directly connected to and was launched by CAP (Center for America Progress) in 2004 as a watchdog for conservative media. CAP is of course is partly funded and influenced by George Soros and is directly connected to the Clinton's especially Hillary who used to sit at the helm.

They are also part of the now famous daily "talking points" sponsored by CAP and its leader John Podesta and disseminated through "Think Progress" and other progressive outlets and blogs down the line.

You get the picture... I would hardly call their work debunking.

Why didn't congress wait until the report was finished. Foster claimed that he had a tight timeline.

So the dems. didn't hide the report they just rushed the vote to beat the report.

Which is worse??

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

"It's not that I listen to Left-Wing sites because I just want to be spoon fed some Commie propaganda -- it's because they do their best to tell the truth..."

Thanks, it's always good to start the day with a cup of coffee and a good laugh.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Where is your source for this information? I have been following this since it began, and believe me there was opposition to this HCR. You probably didn't hear about it on msnbc though.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

The government is corrupt because of the wealthy? What ?
They are the wealthy. Surely you don't believe that they are just a poor bunch of innocent people that are being forced to take the evil corporate money. Please, find me one single lowlife politician that isn't corrupt, and just taking everything they can before the leave office.
What happened to you David? I haven't known you to be so loving toward government. I mean you do know that we wouldn't even be in most of this mess if they hadn't created Sallie and Freddie to "help the poor" get homes. GOVERMENT RUINS EVERYTHING THEY TOUCH!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join