It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Cannot predict anything: Give Me attention too! :D

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Let's face it. Most of the people that have attempted to convince ATSers that they are "seers" , "prophets", "psychics", and "gurus" are just fishing for stars or flags or attention.

Hardly any of them hit the nail on the head, and most never even answer the actual questions posters have asked.

Speaking in generalities and double-talk doesn't cut it. Politicians may make a living doing it but not here on ATS.

ATS is supposed to be denying ignorance, not encouraging blind trust. And definitely not intentional disinformation.

Now there may be a few here on ATS that are the real deal psychics. But I can't even be forced to believe that every other member is.

So if you want to ask ME anything, remember:
I cannot predict anything. I try to use facts when I have them. If I don't have the facts I will say "I think", "I believe", or "I feel" that something is whatever.

Okay sorry I ranted, but I "felt" I had to.

I predict that this trend will continue in the near future.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Why aren’t the people that claim they have super powers out in the world using them? Why don’t they answer the questions when they are asked? If you claim to see the future, why can’t you answer the easiest of questions? Why aren’t they developing these powers with others to teach the rest how to use it as well?

Why haven’t you had a brain scan to show the rest of us what is different in your brain. Why do they always say "oh it only works the way I say it works”? Why do people want to make themselves “seem” different or better than others?

Where is the proof, we should just take the word of these people? And if we are sceptical we become an easy target of the sorry excuse that "we don’t use the 6th sense they have" or "you have a closed mind" when all we want is proof?

Many times in my life I have guessed that a certain outcome would come true coincidence? I have an uncanny knack for hitting my target when I throw stuff trash, balls, darts w/e, even when im not paying attention, seems I always hit it, did my thought make it go in or did my brain tell my hand how to do it.

I believe anything is possible, unfortunately the logical thinking part of my brain has never witnessed any of these things, so I remain sceptical. I have seen no proof of this ever in our history, I have seen people that want their 15, I have seen extremely creative people try to pull off scams, and I’ve seen people who want to be different so they reinvent themselves to appear as wisdom.

If you can see the future give us those lottery numbers? tell us how to help the next batch of radical people before they attack, tell us what will happen tomorrow or the next day and i dont mean taking a pee, don’t however tell me “it doesn’t work that way”!?!

My point is no proof, tell me all you want, there is still no proof. Call me what you will, still no proof. Prove that you can see the future, detail the remote view that you had and how it pertains to reality and not imagination or ones will to be seen as “different” or “special”

Proof damnit! It’s all I need to support your view, so have at it, bring something to the table.

Great thread thanks!!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I agree with your post 100% up to the extent that you chastise the so called "Prophets"

They only do the things they do because the majority of this community soaks it up and gives them the attention they crave.

It sort of goes like this

"Im John Doe ATS member and i have an agenda. I Can't prove my agenda, but i believe it none the less"

*insert fake prophet who agrees with aforementioned ATS member*

And wham-o. John Doe becomes an instant fuel for the fire.

Few people exist here on ATS to truly "Deny Ignorance"

Most of them look at ATS as some sort of "testing ground" for their otherwise fruitless, idiotic, behavior.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Starts and Flags for you.
Happy?!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Let's face it. Most of the people that have attempted to convince ATSers that they are "seers" , "prophets", "psychics", and "gurus" are just fishing for stars or flags or attention.

Hardly any of them hit the nail on the head, and most never even answer the actual questions posters have asked.

Speaking in generalities and double-talk doesn't cut it. Politicians may make a living doing it but not here on ATS.

ATS is supposed to be denying ignorance, not encouraging blind trust. And definitely not intentional disinformation.

Now there may be a few here on ATS that are the real deal psychics. But I can't even be forced to believe that every other member is.

So if you want to ask ME anything, remember:
I cannot predict anything. I try to use facts when I have them. If I don't have the facts I will say "I think", "I believe", or "I feel" that something is whatever.

Okay sorry I ranted, but I "felt" I had to.

Bro I would rather read rants from you then read these horribly put together incoherent ramblings that these wannabe journalists put together to try to make their big break as an "online reporter"

lol think about it they go out of their way trying to impress 1000's of ppl just for the fact that they need attention. Just like yesterday some handitard that made a thread commented in his own thread saying "I got 100 stars already and i'm a newbie" Sounds like a loser to me!!

But thank you for making this thread finially something was worth reading this past month

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Jeffdogg]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by humilisunus
Why aren’t the people that claim they have super powers out in the world using them? Why don’t they answer the questions when they are asked? If you claim to see the future, why can’t you answer the easiest of questions? Why aren’t they developing these powers with others to teach the rest how to use it as well?

Why haven’t you had a brain scan to show the rest of us what is different in your brain. Why do they always say "oh it only works the way I say it works”? Why do people want to make themselves “seem” different or better than others?

Where is the proof, we should just take the word of these people? And if we are sceptical we become an easy target of the sorry excuse that "we don’t use the 6th sense they have" or "you have a closed mind" when all we want is proof?

Many times in my life I have guessed that a certain outcome would come true coincidence? I have an uncanny knack for hitting my target when I throw stuff trash, balls, darts w/e, even when im not paying attention, seems I always hit it, did my thought make it go in or did my brain tell my hand how to do it.

I believe anything is possible, unfortunately the logical thinking part of my brain has never witnessed any of these things, so I remain sceptical. I have seen no proof of this ever in our history, I have seen people that want their 15, I have seen extremely creative people try to pull off scams, and I’ve seen people who want to be different so they reinvent themselves to appear as wisdom.

If you can see the future give us those lottery numbers? tell us how to help the next batch of radical people before they attack, tell us what will happen tomorrow or the next day and i dont mean taking a pee, don’t however tell me “it doesn’t work that way”!?!

My point is no proof, tell me all you want, there is still no proof. Call me what you will, still no proof. Prove that you can see the future, detail the remote view that you had and how it pertains to reality and not imagination or ones will to be seen as “different” or “special”

Proof damnit! It’s all I need to support your view, so have at it, bring something to the table.

Great thread thanks!!

In defense of those of us who do have some sort of extrasensory abilities, I will give my own personal story (a quick one).

A very good friend of mine is working on his PhD in Psychology. He has decided to go the abnormal psychology route, which includes abnormal brain pattern studies. He has a secret passion for parapsychology, however, and he asked me if I would take part in a study that he was compiling for his dissertation (which I told him would ruin him as a clinical psychologist, because as far as academia is concerned such abilities are still in the realm of pseudo-science; and I don't blame them. There are some days where even I am wrong 90% of the time; he didn't care). I accompanied him to the graduate lab where he hooked me up to an EEG machine. The test was a test in remote viewing in which I had to guess a percentage of cards correct in order to test the ability. There was another graduate student in another room which had 50 cards with the ROYGBIV colors on them. As each card was presented, my friend was given a signal to let me know to start reading them. Out of 50 I got 49 correct. This was done two more times with similar results. Now since I do not know the technical jargon related to brain patterns and such, I will say that he said that there were definitely abnormal patterns going on when I was reading said cards. He said it was interesting, but inconclusive, and that he would have to find more subjects to test. I think he is up to about 20 people now, and out of 20, 2 (including myself) were able to pass this test beyond a reasonable pass/fail rate through pure, blind luck, and from what he said, the other person and myself shared similar brain patterns when observed from the machine. I had another interesting thing happen to me when I was still in high school in which my teacher (a PhD) did a unit on parapsychology. One of the tests was a sheet of paper a 9 square grid with different images on them. Two people were brought outside the classroom with earplugs in, and the class decided which image that they would agree on and try to "project" to the two people outside of the classroom. I did the test 3 times with another person, and I was able to get 8/9 two out of three times, and 9/9 on my last attempt. Just some more food for thought.

What I am getting at is the fact that I know these abilities exist, and slowly, but surely, young scientists are starting to gain an interest in such abilities, and are able to monitor actual results. Wasn't it not that long ago that people thought Newton was a quack and a crazy person? Yes, he could do tests and prove results with the tools he had on hand at the time, but the important thing to remember is that with the creation of new technology, I think this phenomena can be more accurately gauged, as in my own personal case.

And for the person that mentioned the Randi Foundation, well, I commented on another thread about that guy.

I'll paraphrase what I believe was rule 14 in the test: "One must be already in the media, whether through public readings, unsolved police cases, etc."

Well those of us who choose not to go public with our gifts are left out of this challenge. Honestly, I think this guy is on a witch hunt to discredit the entire "sensitive" community by exposing the public frauds such as Syliva Brown and John Edwards.

And then there was your question about why we don't teach others? Well, when you approach someone with such a negative attitude about this stuff, it makes it very hard to teach them anything. They think it's fake, therefore they cannot do it, so they are destined to fail. It's just like in any other subject. Being a teacher, I know that all too well. If a student thinks they cannot do it, they will not do it. That of course is just my own opinion. I don't pretend to be some superhero or claim to be able to move things with my mind (although I'm trying to
).

Put it this way: there are still things out there that we do not understand, and until more people start opening up to the possibilities, nothing will get accomplished.

Just my $.02

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
We all hate flag- and star-whores.
In my mind ATS' purpose "A place where you can discuss CTs seriously" has been replaced with "A place where you can read BS taht makes you L-O-L"

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir
We all hate flag- and star-whores.
In my mind ATS' purpose "A place where you can discuss CTs seriously" has been replaced with "A place where you can read BS taht makes you L-O-L"

Yes it is turning into quite the tabloid, if only we could get enough ppl to complain to the staff about it maybe then they will start doing something about it. But these ppl already killed ATS as far as i am concerned. I go to Blacklistednews.com these days for real news. They dont let the tabloid kids make retarded posts for a S&F contest. They stay real and as valid as they can be and I think that site is now far more superior when it comes to real news.

ATS' days are numbered cause of the little twits that wanna make their own stories and not stick to the real news.

I mean just look at what they are currently doing with that "conspiracy girls" crap. The one has a fake accent and looks like she has down syndrome, are they trying to make some sort of reality online conspiracy show or somethin? ATS is off track and is derailing at an alarming speed. Just goes to show you what happens when ppl STOP thinking

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

The intuitives I know usually aren't vocal about it and don'rtreally enjoy being labeled as such. There is almost a sense of embarassment and disconnection in relation tothe "gift". I think we may be witnessing prohet postings in connection to spontaneous spiritual awakening...sometimes due to emotional strain or even substance use / abuse.

Stating that God is speaking through you is indicative of the formative spiritual awakening. One actually feels they are one with god, source, etc. and can even come to believe they are the literal incarnation, prophet, etc.

I can understand their urgency and their motivation. Sometimes we need to sit back, push aside the visceral ego reaction and take a good look at what they are saying. Not as a predicter of future events, but as a yardstick showing the general zietgeist of the collective. They are on autopilot for awhile until they can actually get grounded and process the cosmic experience. I find it interesting...when someone in that state predicts "the end of the world", that is a reflection of the collective emotional state and not generally future events.

Like all transient spiritual states, it will pass. Others will step forward. Those that spoke out will fade back into their lives and move on, trying to make sense of the experience. If they can actually keep it together while in the tornado...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal

Why did you post this in the dreams & predictions forums when this is obviously a rant, which you even said in your OP?

And just because someone posts their dreams and/or predictions doesn't mean they're fishing for 'stars & flags' - I've shared some experiences I've had here before and I definitely don't care about getting stars or flags, although I do know that people will troll and make up wild stories and drag on threads with hundreds of replies so I do know people do do that. But don't classify everyone who posts in these forums as a troll (which is what you heavily implied).

And actually right now you're trolling these forums because you posted a thread that has nothing to do with these forums, and really has no reason to be here whatsoever.

Your answer is: A MOD moved this thread here. I did not originally place it here.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

3) Fugazi should reform.

YES, yes yes yes yes. I so totally agree.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Like I have said many times here...we are nothing special. Folks love the fanfare and are obviously starved for attention when they post such poodoo on here. And what amazes me is the amount of folks that entertain them. Thats the true problem. Don't give them what they want folks and perhaps they will just fade away.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
S & F for you!!
I think if someone comes on to ATS claiming to know everything, lived hundreds lives, knew Jesus and could also see the future, and then when asked to prove it with a question and state things like "I'm not here to prove anything to you!" should get banned straight away.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
"ATS is supposed to be denying ignorance, not encouraging blind trust."

I don't believe ATS should encourage a community that bans new ideas, concepts, ideologies and paradigms of thinking.

I think this type of "lynching' should be discouraged. What type of governing authority on this board would you like to create? One that decides who is ignorant and who is not trust worthy?

Are you people free or not? What is it with this constant bickering, moaning and groaning? Aren't you grown up enough to click out of a thread you consider non agreeable? Why do you want to deny others a chance to hear new concepts and ideologies just because you can't handle the sight of a thread you don't like?

Why do you want to make your problem ours? If you don't like something or you're not convinced of something, use your mouse and click out of it. Come on seriously, grow up.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Visitor2012]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

-points to OP-

ok look buddy...I don't know WHO you think you are...but stay out of my head!!!

I love this post...I really do

Agreed...S/F...you S/F hound you :-p

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

I think this type of "lynching' should be discouraged. What type of governing authority on this board would you like to create? One that decides who is ignorant and who is not trust worthy?

If you read the post, then you see the glaring absence of me ever saying there should be a governing board. I don't feel that is needed. Never even thought about that before till you brought it up.

As far as who decides who is trustworthy? I think every single individual member decides that on a daily basis. Sadly, as my OP mentioned, many times threads or posts proving themselves to be untrustworthy doesn't seem to phase people.

Ultimately it is each individual who decides if they themselves are trustworthy. And I feel they should consider their private answer to whether they are being honest or not before posting that they can see the future. Or tell someone else what "God" thinks. Or tells others they are wrong because their "unfolding infinite knowledge" doesn't agree with a reply.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Psychics - you may not like this...

A thread I made a week or so ago looking into the science/psychology behind psychic ability.

You may be interested.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I've been highly inactive when it comes to stating my own 2-cents within the forum, but I have indeed visited this site, practically, daily for the past year.

I have seen many, let's use, 'unorthodox' postings within the forum, and truly it makes me saddened that such a highly intellectual, knowledge-filled place has such unneeded bickering and standpoints.

I have a strong respect for this site, truly, but there are times when I just get upset with the 'trash posts', in crudely picked terms, and stray away for some time.

But, regardless, S+F OP; thank you for posting your stand-point. Know that many, much like myself, respect those who acknowledge what this site is ACTUALLY for.

~WP~

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

Psychics - you may not like this...

A thread I made a week or so ago looking into the science/psychology behind psychic ability.

You may be interested.

I believe yours was the one I was referring to. I really enjoyed your non-biased view on the whole phenomena. It was very refreshing to see that most of the posters came forward with an objective point of view and were willing to listen to both sides of the story.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Why isn't this post in Rants & Raves?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join