It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Cannot predict anything: Give Me attention too! :D

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
what is really sad are the people who S&F these lol-prophet people. I wish there was some way to see who it is so i can remember who to ignore.

part of me thinks some posters have more than one alias so they can drum up fake support for their threads.

I think this forum would be a lot different if we publicly shamed members for posting bad information

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I’m in total agreement with you.

It seems that anyone who implies they have secret knowledge/prophecy/visions gained via (insert ability/experience/whistleblower here), their replies usually include the same sort of questions (when are we all gonna die? Are the aliens coming?), and they also get a huge amount of attention.

It never seems to occur to these “serial-believers” (and that is not a slur on those who are serious and willing to do research, or who have had genuine experiences) that they may well be being duped.

As long as the thread contains the words: truth, Nibiru, 2012, Pleiadian, Federation etc., then its author is onto a sure-fire winner.

There is a thread ongoing at the moment, penned by someone who is obviously new to conspiracy subject, who says he has “researched” many astronomical and meteorological events, disclosure, and had “secret knowledge”, and who was able to predict the future because of his “work”.

He received, at last count, well over sixty flags, countless stars and a horde of supporters who came out of the woodwork to defend him from nasty, questioning skeptics.

However, when pushed, it turns out his “research” was reading that took literally hours on Wikipedia to complete, and his “secret” was that he was having dreams about UFOs.

The guy, I think, is just being over enthusiastic about all the uncorroborated information he has read and wanted to be part of something “bigger”. Hence, his predictions. But, to those needy souls who desperately want to be told how the world ends, he is telling the “truth”.

It’s a no-win situation trying to stem that kind of disregard for solid research and logical investigation.

I’m not denying the possibility that there are people out there who are able to look through the layers of reality, and who can see things us plebs cannot.

I’m not sure I envy them.

They’re competing with anyone and everyone who decides they want to be a prophet, as there is nothing that can stop them gaining a following. Especially here on ATS.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Starred and flagged simply because I think this deserves more attention, as too many people here on ATS and elsewhere are getting too sucked into this subject with little to no evidence of facts.

These people drive me nuts with their mixture of pseudo science and religion and their spriritual holier than thou twaddle.

I have no doubts to the reality of such possibilities, as I have, on a couple of occasions exerienced precognition, where I've known I was in danger before I actually was. There is nothing spiritual about it, it is simply a heightened awareness of your surroundings, mixed with slight paranoia, leading to a person always being alert to the inherrent dangers surrounding us.

As for actually seeing the future, this has only happened to me once, during a dream and I put that down to coincidence.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
seriously what's the point of this thread? and i'm only posting in this one because i assume all the 'fail prediction thread' haters will be reading it, and they are most likely to post in those same threads.

just ignore them, let them die without your rants. indifference is the opposite of love, not hate.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
All I have to say about the supernatural abilities such as psychics is, Go see James Randi and his foundation. You will be the 1st person to prove yourself as a true psychic and to boot get $1,000,000 in cold, hard cash.
J. Randi has seen over 1,000 people with "abilities" who have failed to show any sign of any supernatural powers. Their excuses were many, but the fact still remains the same, no-one has come forth who could show anything out of the ordinary.
J. Randi is a former magician who made a lot of presentations on this topic. You can google his name as well as watch some of his Youtube videos. The guy is really old, wise and cracks some nice jokes as well. Enjoy.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

just ignore them, let them die without your rants. indifference is the opposite of love, not hate.

Yes, it would be a lot easier to ignore prediction threads rather than trying to dig deeper into the “prophet’s” raison d’être by asking questions and voicing relevant doubts.

I always thought that was regarded as exercising an opinion. What’s the point of having one, if you don’t voice it?

Isn’t every reply on ATS a representation of an opinion, irrespective of that opinion being unconvincing or indefensible, reasonable or informed?

And prediction threads don’t always die quickly.

Often, they become horribly bloated monsters.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
BAH HUMBUG to you OP - where's your christmas spirit? Oh, it's April.

I tend not to post new threads, I like to read them and contribute where I can - I'm not really a whore for the S+F, but I'll gladly give them to threads and comments that are merit worthy as is yours.

I've not really discussed it on ATS but I'm a Lvl 18 Psion - with a +7 on all Wisdom skills, I have the gift of clairvoyance and neuromancy, not only can I predict the future, I can shape it. Yes "I could kill you with my mind".

So here's 5 predictions for you that WITHOUT FALTER SHALL COME TRUE, I will not give dates because I'll not limit my potential*

1) The next Twilight movie will suck!

2) My girlfriend is visiting this weekend.

3) Fugazi should reform.

4) Umm, Aliens did it, lizard ones and they're Lawful Evil.

5) I can prove this all with Wikipedia, but I won't, nor will I link to it.

*To being wrong.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I'm not a prophet, but my cat Basil is and he predicts many more S&F's for you.

Rev

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

OK, then, tell me your prediction for the next election, and I'll bet the other way.
Even false prophets have their uses.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I can make a prediction that will 100% become true in the exact timeline that I predict. The OP will not ever make a specific prediction that comes true. He will get a lot of stars, and flags for the originality, and refreshing humor of his post, and this will be short lived. 48 hours max. However the earth will continue in its predestined orbit for about 5 billion more years, and will be eventually consumed by our sun when it goes red giant, or Al Gore intervenes by taxing the other planets in hydrogen for solar energy absorption. Until then it's anybody's ball game.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal
Why did you post this in the dreams & predictions forums when this is obviously a rant, which you even said in your OP?

Duality requires the balance of both light and dark, good and evil, existence with non-existence.

I'm sure anyone who has studied the ancient arts of dram reading and predictions would know this.

The lack of a dream or prophecy within the framework of talking about them can only be a healthy thing allowing for scrutiny and proof.

Originally posted by scubagravy
As the OP openly admitted, 'Sorry for the rant'....... so off to BTS for this thread.

As many before them have admitted 'Here is a prediction' and nothing has ever come of it - so I vote keep it here as a good testament to those who would waste people's time and attention with false claims and show the due ridicule those apparent idiots get.

-m0r

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Its just people either wanting attention, or just stoned off their head wanting to laugh at people who believe it. We all have done prank phonecalls, the internet is no different.

Great Monty Python reference by the way
lol

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Yeah...

Anybody here remember Sam-I-Am?

I was chided here for predicting He would be banned from ATS.

I mean, He WAS eventually banned.

But, how dare I suggest He was full of malarkey.

I was awe stricken with the number of people who wanted to give Him a chance to prove Himself.

Drivel indeed.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I particularly like how the clairvoyants select their questions to answer:

"All of the previous questions were BS from haters. I will only answer one more question for the day before I must journey to the other side."

Originally posted by hlesterjerome
Anybody here remember Sam-I-Am?

Yes and you also remember this and it is important to you but not to the rest of the world.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
I have one:

What is the average air velocity of an unladen swallow?

-----------------
-truthseeker

Well I just did some calculations ... and to my reckoning it would be equal to a parrot that has ceased to be !!!
Love it

And love this thread too OP, it is becoming so annoying ... I just looked at 'recent posts' and yet another one has appeared
then I saw this and I realized there were still some 'real people' on here with a sense of humour and reality.

Thank-you for this thread

Woody

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The only thing I predict is the typical lobsters in a fish tank mentality When one trys to escape, the others simply pull him back in.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Spot on mate!

For me though its perfect to post on, so i can get my count up so i can post some thread

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

As long as the thread contains the words: truth, Nibiru, 2012, Pleiadian, Federation etc., then its author is onto a sure-fire winner.

*scratches chin* So this means that if I have secret knowledge that is the TRUTH that in 2012 Nibiru, on a collision course with Earth (Whoops! Forgot a date- April 15th) and all the believers will be rescued by the Pleiadian Federation, people will listen to me more?

Bring on the flags and stars and women who think I am hot!

BTW- Ask me any question you want- I may answer it for $29.95 (plus $2.99 a minute)

[edit on 27-4-2010 by wylekat]

[edit on 27-4-2010 by wylekat]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I've noticed a similar trend on this site, not only with the self-styled Nostradami but with the membership in general.

A good portion of the posting done on ATS is primarily the stroking of the poster's own ego. I have to say my opinion of the overall worth of this site has been in steady decline for some time.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

So this means that if I have secret knowledge that is the TRUTH that in 2012 Nibiru, on a collision course with Earth (Whoops! Forgot a date- April 15th) and all the believers will be rescued by the Pleiadian Federation, people will listen to me more?

Not only will they listen to you, they will do so whilst sitting at your feet and gazing up at you adoringly even as other followers – oops, meant posters – offer you unquestioning and possibly carnal adoration. Or so it seems.

Add some form of channeling, interdimensional beings, galactic vibrations and alien abduction, then you’ll become an ATS demi-god.

Joking aside, even if any of the above subjects even touch remotely on the truth, then any credibility they have is stymied, diluted and reduced to the stuff of humour by the waves of self-styled prophets who claim to know almost everything about anything.

Latest one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The author even admits:

I do not profess my beliefs to be true but I will respond to all questions to the best of my ability!

Which translates as “I might be talking BS, but ask me anyway!”

And guess what? They do!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join