It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Cannot predict anything: Give Me attention too! :D

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by Visitor2012

I think this type of "lynching' should be discouraged. What type of governing authority on this board would you like to create? One that decides who is ignorant and who is not trust worthy?

If you read the post, then you see the glaring absence of me ever saying there should be a governing board. I don't feel that is needed. Never even thought about that before till you brought it up.

As far as who decides who is trustworthy? I think every single individual member decides that on a daily basis. Sadly, as my OP mentioned, many times threads or posts proving themselves to be untrustworthy doesn't seem to phase people.

Ultimately it is each individual who decides if they themselves are trustworthy. And I feel they should consider their private answer to whether they are being honest or not before posting that they can see the future. Or tell someone else what "God" thinks. Or tells others they are wrong because their "unfolding infinite knowledge" doesn't agree with a reply.

What gives "Bob" the special ability to determine if "Bill" is genuine within himself? And why is Bob interested in denying Bill his voice? What if Bill was right and Bob was wrong? Judgment may be personally beneficial, but what benefits has a society ever reaped from it? IMHO, this is just a rally call for lynching! Lynch-Lite

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Visitor2012]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by piddles
what is really sad are the people who S&F these lol-prophet people. I wish there was some way to see who it is so i can remember who to ignore.

part of me thinks some posters have more than one alias so they can drum up fake support for their threads.

I think this forum would be a lot different if we publicly shamed members for posting bad information

Yeah, great way to encourage member participation. How about you publicly shame yourself if that's what steers your life.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well, I think we should petition the mods and site owners for a new smiley...

a small one like this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That and we can use it to flag threads.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012

Originally posted by piddles
what is really sad are the people who S&F these lol-prophet people. I wish there was some way to see who it is so i can remember who to ignore.

part of me thinks some posters have more than one alias so they can drum up fake support for their threads.

I think this forum would be a lot different if we publicly shamed members for posting bad information

Yeah, great way to encourage member participation. How about you publicly shame yourself if that's what steers your life.

Ummm can you say look in the mirror hypocrite? Go save the
for your troll family, if you dont like what we are talking about you dont hvae to be in here. You cant possibly be so ignorant not to know your in the "rant" forum. Do you not know what rant means? You cant be that ignorant, if you are I feel very very very very very very very very very very very sorry for your family since they have to put up with you the rest of your/their lives.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

OK wylekat, I have wired you $35.93 as I have predicted it will only take you 2 minutes to maybe answer my questions. Don't worry I divined your acct. #s, the money is on the way just take me at my word.

1st question: Will my already overtly attractive wife spontaneously gain a cup size?

2nd question: Will this occur before April 15th 2012?

(please say yes, please, please, please)

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” - Albert Einstein

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I agree imagination is hugely important. Just as long as it is not spread as the "truth" from whatever source.

I think maybe the only truth a Human can say is 'we can't comprehend or know the entire truth in the universe/life.'

edit on 11/14/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Man, it took a long time for you to reply ... I had you stumped didn't I?

Meh, the attention seekers are mostly harmless, it's the ones that mean what they imagine that I worry about ... and I don't worry much about it.

“The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity” - Andre Gide

Plus truth be told every outwards expression seeks to draw attention to one's self to some degree and one way or the other ... the trick is to make such expressions authentic. That is to say that just because something is meant to draw attention doesn't by definition make it fallacious ... although it doesn't help.

edit on 14 Nov 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Man, it took a long time for you to reply ... I had you stumped didn't I?

Lol no, I let the thread die a needed death. I just mentioned this thread in a post so I revisited it and saw your 6 month old reply.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join