It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Cannot predict anything: Give Me attention too! :D

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Let's face it. Most of the people that have attempted to convince ATSers that they are "seers" , "prophets", "psychics", and "gurus" are just fishing for stars or flags or attention.

Hardly any of them hit the nail on the head, and most never even answer the actual questions posters have asked.

Speaking in generalities and double-talk doesn't cut it. Politicians may make a living doing it but not here on ATS.

ATS is supposed to be denying ignorance, not encouraging blind trust. And definitely not intentional disinformation.

Now there may be a few here on ATS that are the real deal psychics. But I can't even be forced to believe that every other member is.

So if you want to ask ME anything, remember:
I cannot predict anything. I try to use facts when I have them. If I don't have the facts I will say "I think", "I believe", or "I feel" that something is whatever.

Okay sorry I ranted, but I "felt" I had to.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Cute post!!
I understand where you are coming from, infact you read my mind!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
meh, it's cool, i get like that too after reading some of this dribble on here, par for the course lately/shrug

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Flagged, starred and you can have all my 'content value currency' too if a mod can arrange it.

This place is full of drivel spawned on by a pointless currency system that only seeks to cheapen anything of value around here.

I can't wait to see what some serious competition could do to this place.

-m0r

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

LOL thanks but I was just getting fed up with 2 or 3 prophets popping up everyday. I was just being snarky in that "give me attention too" part of my title.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The high level of spiritual awarness that makes these things possible then lead to the person also being very humble. I doubt the real deal would ever seek attention on the internet so if they are its a safe bet the net ones will turn out to be wrong. The real ones are probably very reserved and never talk about their ability unless you probed them about it in which case I doubt they would lie to you.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by polarwarrior]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

I fully agree with you, good points all 'round.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

S+F IMMEDIATELY!!!!

ive noticed an influx of threads on this, and how many seriously can do this?!?!?!? my god GREAT THREAD!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
well I have a gift
the ability of foresight
I can predict certain future events too

I predict in the next couple hours
that I'm gonna have to go pee

lmao

but yes I agree with the OP
one such poster is ....

well I better not
he may predict that I miss
the toilet and hit my shoes.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I have one:

What is the average air velocity of an unladen swallow?

-----------------

I absolutely agree with the OP on this one. I wonder what percentage of those that "claim" to be seers are actually 15 year old kids that read too much Twilight?

I guess it's a double-edged sword though. I knew from the age of 3 that I was indeed able to see things that others cannot. I did not talk about it until I got to college, but of course this was after 15 years of reading on the topic of the paranormal and the metaphysical. Yes, I read those kinds of things at the age of 3. I started reading at 2. *shrugs* But I digress. There are the fakes and then those of us who are the real deal.

It is unfortunate that people like me (the real deal) get shafted both in real life, and internet life. There are so many charlatans out there that claim to be Xenu's best friend's, brother's, uncle's, sister's, husband's roommate from college, that the small amount of us who actually have a gift are instantly dismissed as just another part of the crowd.

I am now very vocal about what I can, and cannot do, and quite frankly, I don't give a damn about what other people say about it. I've heard everything in the book from "why can't you predict lottery numbers" to "who really killed Kennedy." I dismiss the questions as uninformed, unenlightened questions. Of course, I also don't go around claiming that I can read the future. Because the future isn't written in stone. But before I get too metaphysical and preachy, I just wanted to give a view of someone on the other side of the fence.

I would just advise not to clump all of us into that one "fakers" category, because there is indeed a fine line between a "fake" and "the real deal."

Just my $.02

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Was that Monty Python I saw quoted?

funny

BTW I made a point to say that there probably were the "real deals" out there. I'm not saying some sort of prescience is impossible. Just that I highly doubt 99% of all ATSers can.

[edit on 26/4/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I sometimes ask these "prophets" questions out of curiosity. If their answer is too vague, general, and non-descript I dismiss the post as "another of those".

Star and a flag OP.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Was that Monty Python I saw quoted?

funny

BTW I made a point to say that there probably were the "real deals" out there. I'm not saying some sort of prescience is impossible. Just that I highly doubt 99% of all ATSers can.

[edit on 26/4/2010 by Chamberf=6]

Yup. I did indeed see that, and I wasn't taking a shot at you or anything. I just want to make sure it is apparent to other readers later on.

And yes, I'm quite sure that 99% of ATS'ers are not the real deal.

And yes, I did indeed quote Monty Python.

addendum You still have yet to answer the question by the way.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

[edit on 26-4-2010 by truthseeker1984]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

An African swallow? (it's been awhile--can't remember all of it...
)

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

An African swallow? (it's been awhile--can't remember all of it...
)

Old Man: "What is the average air velocity of an unladen swallow?"
Arthur: "African or European?"
Old Man: "Well. I don't kno.....AHHHH!!!!"

*old man gets flung into the pit*

There ya go my friend.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

LOL that's right. Thanks. Now I'm gonna have to rent that again sometime soon. I mean "I predict I shall be viewing this film of the Pythons directly. Yea Verily tis true."

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Why did you post this in the dreams & predictions forums when this is obviously a rant, which you even said in your OP?

And just because someone posts their dreams and/or predictions doesn't mean they're fishing for 'stars & flags' - I've shared some experiences I've had here before and I definitely don't care about getting stars or flags, although I do know that people will troll and make up wild stories and drag on threads with hundreds of replies so I do know people do do that. But don't classify everyone who posts in these forums as a troll (which is what you heavily implied).

And actually right now you're trolling these forums because you posted a thread that has nothing to do with these forums, and really has no reason to be here whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
You take what you want.

Personally i stay away from all these threads.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Stop feeding the trolls ATS, just let one member ask a question that could be verified a few days after and if it is right let the questions flow, otherwise ignore him.

easy peasy, just one question.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Kinda hypocrytical to point fingers at false prophets here on ATS, when more times than often we get people carrying on with there whinging and whining searching for stars and flags about this very subject.

As the OP openly admitted, 'Sorry for the rant'....... so off to BTS for this thread.

Been reading some good threads and posts from the OP lately too, didnt realise they were one of these geezers

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join