It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Mysterious Anomalies of Mars

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Labrador Retriever
I think this thread shows that many people who post these theories (mars artifacts) rarely get outside.

Turn off your computer, go for a hike in the mountains, walk along a beach, get a degree in geology. Most of the pictures posted can be seen as naturally occurring geological artifacts if you get out and look around nature on this planet.

Note that I say most...

Richard Hoagland, is the poster child for hyping the "face on mars" theories. Hearing him talk makes me want to vomit. Why is he so passionate about this topic? It beats working, and you can never disprove his wacked out ideas until you actually go to Mars.

I'm in no way close minded on the possibilities, I find Charles Shults III, theories on Mars fossils intriguing.

Um JPL has already been caught manipulating the photos and you still say that Hoagland is a nut case? When I hear things like this it makes me think the person speaking badly about another person is jealous of the person.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Wouldn't it be the ultimate irony to start out with religion telling us, we are the only ones here and forcing us to believe that.

Then us as a species, coming to the realization of how life seems to take root in every nook and cranny on the earth, and even in some we don't think life could possible be, and sure enough life is there.

Then to realize how many stars there are out there, over 300 billion just in our galaxy alone and billions upon billions of galaxies, with billions of similar stars, just like our own sun, all with the chances of possible life and intelligent life.

With all the reports of alien visitation, abductions, mars faces, communication (crop circles) and cattle mutilations, the evidence seems insurmountable.

Wouldn't it be the ultimate irony..... to find out ... that we ARE IT
That life is incredibly rare. And that we were given this opportunity in all this expanse of empty lifeless space, to try to understand the universe but only to find there is no other life out there, to join us.

Maybe then we could start to appreciate this gift we have been given.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I seriously doubt that we are "it" regarding the only life in the Universe. I think that is a bold and ignorant statement and quiet cocky at that.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Exuberant1, do you know which sol the hollow cylinder (which resembles a crinoid stem superficially) might be? I can tell that this is Opportunity, and that this is with a blue filter (either R1 or L7 I think) and it appears to be on a crater slope. Other than that, not sure where to start looking for the original source material. Any help here?

Given the original, I may be able to get enough data for stereo, false color, or something. Stereo data would be great because then I could get a decent 3D solid model of it.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by -Blackout-
I seriously doubt that we are "it" regarding the only life in the Universe. I think that is a bold and ignorant statement and quiet cocky at that.

I don't think it was a statement, just a suggestion. And based on what we know right now, today, it is every bit as plausible as saying there could be 10,000 advanced alien civilizations out there. Maybe even moreso, since we currently have absolutely no good evidence leading to proof that life exists anywhere but right here on good ol' Earth.

I don't think suggesting that "we might be it," is bold, cocky, or ignorant. If it turns out to be true, I don't think that will be a reason to celebrate. When you're the only game in town, who is going to be your audience or cheering section? And when we're gone, all our accomplishments, won by love and blood, will go unheralded.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Blue Shift]

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Right? And that thing in the "helmet" picture sure as hell looked like a skull to me.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghpink

Wouldn't it be the ultimate irony to start out with religion telling us, we are the only ones here and forcing us to believe that.

Then us as a species, coming to the realization of how life seems to take root in every nook and cranny on the earth, and even in some we don't think life could possible be, and sure enough life is there.

Then to realize how many stars there are out there, over 300 billion just in our galaxy alone and billions upon billions of galaxies, with billions of similar stars, just like our own sun, all with the chances of possible life and intelligent life.

With all the reports of alien visitation, abductions, mars faces, communication (crop circles) and cattle mutilations, the evidence seems insurmountable.

Wouldn't it be the ultimate irony..... to find out ... that we ARE IT
That life is incredibly rare. And that we were given this opportunity in all this expanse of empty lifeless space, to try to understand the universe but only to find there is no other life out there, to join us.

Maybe then we could start to appreciate this gift we have been given.

You look in the hubble deep field lately? Sorry, there's no way we're IT. And to say our lives are somehow cheapened by the possibilities of a galaxy-wide community is very shallow.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I propose you my last videos about anomalies on Mars

Join me on youtube by "69blackbox"
edit on 26-11-2010 by 69blackbox because: bad text

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
s12.photobucket.com... I have been finding life on Mars pics since 2004. I see beyond much of the deliberate mars masking.The strength in numbers is what I rely on.You can't hide the truth forever,from hundreds,from thousands,from tens of thousands of eager beavers.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by -Blackout-
Martian Trees and Shrubs:

This photo, taken by the Mars Global Surveyor (MGS) look quite like aerial photos of an Earth desert dotted with shrub growth. But these sand dunes are in the southern hemisphere of Mars. A Hungarian research team, which has been analyzing the photos (and other photos of the same area over time), has concluded that the black dots are indeed living organisms.

"Each spring," writes David Leonard in an article for Space.com, "[the Hungarians] report, 'gray fuzzy spots' appear in the bottom of the ice cover. By the middle of the first half of spring, these spots become darker, are bounded, and grow in size. By early summer defrosting, the naked dark soil of the dune is visible, and surrounded by a lighter ring. Year by year, the dark dune spots 'renew' on the same place with almost the same configuration, or 'constellation' of patches. This repeat action, the team asserts, strengthens their suggestion of fixed, biological causes of spot formation."

The Hungarian scientists conclude that this strongly suggests the life cycle of some kind of plant life.

NASA and its associated research teams don't agree with this conclusion. Their theory is that the dark spots are "the result of springtime defrosting process on Mars, not signs of biology." A somewhat less dismissive opinion from Bruce Jakosky, a Mars researcher at the University of Colorado in Boulder, states that the conclusion for Martian biology is "premature... when other, simpler processes have not been ruled out."

Glass Tubes:

One of the most fascinating images, pictured at right, shows a ribbed tube or tunnel-like structure. Partially covered by the surface terrain, the structure looks as through it has been unearthed (unmarsed?) by some geologic process. The structure resembles the so-called "glass worms" discovered in other photos, although this one lacks the "transparent" or "translucent" quality of the worms.

The official NASA stance on these structures is that they are quite natural and are, in fact, "dune trains" - rows of sand dunes. The article "Is This an Artificial Construct on Mars" compares this photo with another photo of actual Martian dune trains. They don't look anything alike. While the photo of "actual" dunes indeed look like sand dunes, this enigmatic structure does not.

[continued]

[edit on 26-4-2010 by -Blackout-]

That third link seems like a deflated glass tube, I've heard that some think it could be transportation tubes. In other words like the coating is just a teflon (only stronger) material and under it is a metal tube or something very solid and maybe what is underneath the material is protected so it doesn't rust etc.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Mars Tree like anomalies

Another species of Martian polar trees. This is an especially clear & obvious photo of another type of tree rather than the wispy ones. These appear to have a round solid trunk, & flat tongue-like top. These are very tall. Note that all the flat facing tops are facing the low polar sun. Photosynthesis or some kind of tree-like mold? Kinda reminds me of some types of cactus

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Please please please!!! give us the Mars / Google map coordinates when you splash these pictures on site!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join