It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Mysterious Anomalies of Mars

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

This is particularly interesting in light of 'towers' that look exactly the same on the mars-facing side of Phobos as well as Earth's moon! here is a post discussing the phobos tower:

Link

They are triangular in shape, about 200 feet tall and seem to resemble a broadcasting antenna of some kind.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Funny, in the picture linked below, you happen to notice the "sea shell" but totally blow over the half exposed human skull (skull dome and orbital sockets) in the mid lower left of the image.

z.about.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well, you know Rule #1 of Identifying Martian Anomalies is: "If it looks like something, even vaguely, that's what it is." So if a rock looks like it might have been a machine part, by golly, that's what it is. If a rock looks like a bone or a skull, that's what it is. And this Rule especially applies for low-resolution or blurry images.

Here on Earth, of course, we occasionally find rocks that look like something else, but are actually rocks. The only rocks on Mars that are rocks are rocks that look like rocks. But if you look at them hard enough, sometimes they turn from rocks into something else, like old Martian brake pads or cappuccino machines.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Some interesting photos's here,yes we've all seen most of them before but the OP did a little research & posted some pics.
It's not easy putting threads together so i applaud you for the effert sir.

I always wonder about mars pictures in general,we all can see strange things on the surface,whatever they are they are certainly strange,surely NASA can see them as well.
The shrubs & trees i think can be explained but some of the pyramids,strange shaped rocks & other various bits take alot of thinking & could be anything

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

well as for one of your pictures, which was the subject of another thread, it's entirely natural and is not a structure of any kind. remymartin posted this:

Originally posted by remymartin
Go to the hirise image. hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

View this image in JP2 QUICKLOOK(IAS VIEWER) Full image (grayscale, map projected)

This is without zoom
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b648bd01cba7.jpg[/atsimg]

This is full zoom
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/883b62e74228.jpg[/atsimg]

Looks natural to me.

as you can see, when you have a better picture it turns out to be nothing more than sand that when viewed in a picture with less detail makes it appear to be more structural than it actually is.

oops edit to add the link to the thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26-4-2010 by optimus primal]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Keep up the great work OP, I've seen most of the photos... thinking I've seen them all I noticed few NEW pics I've never seen before... very kwel!

Conclusion... either all images are filmed on Earth (we have NEVER left earth) ... or... Mars once held life on it just like Earth... and still some creatures/plants still exist or starting all over again (more plausible I say)

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Some of the picture were new to me.. Some are normal others are interesting!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by SmokeytheHair

SmokeytheHair.....

Lol, no. I wasn't suggesting they were even organic. I just said it was another cool pic from the site. I personally have never seen that picture, which is why I put it up, just trying to contribute something....

Sorry....I jumped to conclusions.

I just get a little frustrated seeing the same material being recycled time after time.

Regards
Maybe...maybe not

It's cool, I understand. No worries.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyPete

the last picture is a shedded snake skin

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I would suggest checking the anomalies from the, "marsanomalyresearch.com" with the "THEMIS" or "HiRISE" catalogue, because many of the pictures used on this site are of low quality. (not sure if this is intentionally done at times)

When I first saw the pics of "trees and shrubs", I checked the coordinates on the HiRISE, and could see that these structures where underlying rock formations and what appears to be the exhaust material from small vents.

...just a little advice, check as many sources as you can.

[edit on 26/4/10 by ironbutterflyrusted]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kabal
*shrug* I see no issue here. Blackout above compiled a lot of Mars pictures off of a website (which he stated) and which has been done on ATS many times before on other various other subjects. While these have been discussed in the past in other threads, there isn't a compilation of pictures and explanations like Blackout presents above on the subject. One would need to do some extensive searching on ATS to find everything above and Blackout compiled them all into a single post for one to see all neatly.

Well done.

Haters will be haters.

I agree.

Personally, I dont see the point in posting "Thats been on here before" or "We've already discussed that." If you've already seen the pics, thats great. Some people have not, and its good to bring up topics that are still up in the air, people who didnt get a chance to discuss it the last time, will have their chance now.

If you dont like someones post, then dont read it. Its quite simple really.

Of course, people can use the search function. But, since ATS has been around for some time now, basically every conspiracy theory has been discussed at least once, sans breaking news of course. But, why go and post ideas on a thread that has been dead for a while.

Kind of like the age old zen question about the falling tree, If a new post occurs on a dead thread, does it make a difference?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

its for new members or members that have not come across this information. If you already know the answers or dont like the post move on. not every member has been here for years and read everything. Move on!!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
personally I only see a couple of things there that appear interesting to me. A lot of things including the 'space port' are pushing what can be seen in a VERY blurry picture to silly levels. Ok so one of them has a vaguely straight line, but to say it looks like a 2 story building?! Really, come on!

The things that interest me, which I've seen much higher res shots on space.com are the 'tree' like things. It could be patches of melting ice that contain sediment as they have said is their best guess... but some of the much higher res images I've seen do look very much like forests, the patterns of the edges etc look very much vegetation growth, especially when you look at the areas and patches they grow along. Although I guess we'll never really know till we get up there.

The 'machine parts' though could be just that. there's been a lot of landers and missions sent out to mars, and no doubt they have left behind some debris, so IMO it doesn't seem to be anything other than parts from previous (or perhaps even current) missions.

But the one thing that REALLY interests me is what you refer to as the 'tower/monolith'. Presumably it is some fragment of rock embedded in the earth... but the fact that there is one VERY similar on Phobos strikes me as extremely unusual. Looking at the shear size and height of it, I can't see how it either could have come out of the earth, or more likely hit the earth as a meteorite etc without breaking. The size and shape just doesn't seem to be viable that it impacted and still remained intact. EXTREMELY interesting!!

I think those are the two key areas we should be sending probes too, even if they do end up being natural phenomena, they would still make a fascinating site to see!

Thanks for the post, some interesting stuff (and some barmy assumptions too
but that;s why I love ATS so much
).

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

The posts get weirder and weirder. It looks like a rusted device?
There's a rock in a desert on earth that looks like a giant penis, does that mean it's rea?.
Come on people, wake up will you. It's like seeing a picture that looks like a mans face is in the rock and then believing it's a real man...well some would!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
and another quickly, it's extremely interesting that both the 'monoliths' have a similar three sided triangular structure. It seems very odd that they both have such a similar shape for either ejecta or remnants of another meteorite impact does it not?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

Yeah you're not kidding, some people on here are actually convinced of an alien skull/android head on mars... and I'm not being sarcastic either. I think people take things a little too far... like the nuclear base and landing strip some loon was convinced about on the moon, from a stupidly low res photo that was basically one big blur. Oh dear

Still, it gives you a laugh which is rare on here

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I agree, there are alot of strange stuff that can go both ways in saying that their was life or not life on that planet. I believe that their was life and the place may still have life. How many epochs have the atmosphere of mars being that way. I mean if the atmosphere was ripped off and/or degraded 500,000 years ago, then with no atmosphere and no moisture above ground deserfication would happen and deserts (even though it's cold) would be everywhere including dunes and such. So we may be looking at a civilization on mars that got covered up in sand and what we are seeing is what remains of buildings and monuments and some plant and especially tree life that became petrified. And what ever animals that was able to scratch out an existance on the planet evolved to do so.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Excellent post, Thanks Bro

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
edit: Nvm, I couldn't keep my facts straight.

[edit on 4/27/10 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

NASA and its associated research teams don't agree with this conclusion. Their theory is that the dark spots are "the result of springtime defrosting process on Mars, not signs of biology." A somewhat less dismissive opinion from Bruce Jakosky, a Mars researcher at the University of Colorado in Boulder, states that the conclusion for Martian biology is "premature... when other, simpler processes have not been ruled out."

LOL Never A Straight Answer strikes again. They have done computer recreating these images and determined that it is definitely glass and not natural. I am so glad Obama didn't fund them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join