It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

im incredibly sick of christians slapping a satanic sticker on everything they dont agree with

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
What I find funny is that the concept of God and religion goes like this:
God gave you free will, religion takes it away.

Believe our religion or go to hell
Do what these nice books tell you, or you will burn in hell
Don't ask questions about God or these books, or you will burn in hell
Our religion is the only "True" religion, if you believe that other religion you go against god and will burn in hell.
This book from our religion (including our translation and interpretation of said book) is the only correct version, take it a face value as these writings are from first person reporting of the events at the time; if you misinterpret the exact wording of these books, you will burn in hell.

God wants you to grow with a service to other attitude, "love thy neighbor";
religion wants to rule you with fear; "do as I say or burn in hell".

So, I have just taken what I consider the best of the religions and follow philosophies that "feel right" to me.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Very strange reasoning they got there.

I mean, doesn't Satan comes from God to ?

Another strange thing is. The religion ( which is incorporated and build on ) in in and by christianity is judaism. Judaism has no devil. When you misbehave God himself will strike you with his wrath.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Maybe you should change the thread title to "SOME christians"

I am a christian and I don't slap "satanism" on everything I disagree with.

For example. I disagree with rap music, not because i think it is satanic,
simply bc i think it requires little talent to make beats on a computer and then write down words that rhyme. as oppose to shredding the guitar or playing drums,piano, or any instrument that requires skill.

what i am saying is that what i have read in the bible never said to judge anything/anyone. it actually says " who are YOU to judge anyone?"

So i dont, I can choose not to be involved with it, but i am in no position to judge anyone. I have my own faults and sins to worry about. So i apologize for having "christians" lable you or something you liike as evil. they have no right or authority to do so.

have a good one

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

I'm a metal head, love metal music. But i cannot ignore the OBVIOUS connections to amongst other things satanism (in places)?

And if you want to mention "lady gaga" well she's candy coated mind control for the masses. The blue pill.

I would agree with other posters here that blaming christianity is a little wrong. As silly as they may seem, they do make a very good good argument against some of these bands.

(see Bill Hicks satan's on your stereo - excellent!!!)

well theres a fine line between satanic imagery and reaferences and satanism itself
maybe you saw the first video,
i hope you do not believe that gwar takes part in baby eating rituals in the full moon, because i seriously doubt they do

on the je rry springer video i posted jerry asked what theyr act was about, the first thing they said was ENTERTAINMENT!
straight from the horses mouth
what groups do you think are really satanic? i know king diamond isnt, hes an agnostic, i doubt lady gaga is, shes just retarded, and rob halford? i seriously doubt it, hell(funny that i use that word here) pantera had pentagrams in their dvds but there was nothing in that dvd that got me to believe that they were satanic, just a bunch of silly drunk guys having fun and breaking stuff

i do not think lady gaga is mind control the only thing it forces me to do is shut off the radio

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
so anyway if your a christian fine
but if you dontagree with something
just leave it as that, you dont agree we can do with out the satan sticker

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Religion is such a powerful thing, it clouds the mind and while can bring enlightenment to some, most of the time it does bring nothing but obfuscation to others.

I still remember when I was working with children in elementary school, It was this littler girl that hit another student, when I ask her why she did it, she told me that the devil told her to do it.

Right there and then I actually saw the work of parents on children to Find a scapegoat whenever they make mistakes and actually think they can get away with it.

That is when violence is view as ok as long as it can be blame on the supernatural.

i remember once when i was little and really bad i athought i can get away with it by saying the devil made me do it
well my mom said if that was true she would call an excorsist
i shut right up with that
i dont think i knew what an excorsist was back then but there was definetley a negative effect with that word

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Brydaws

For example. I disagree with rap music, not because i think it is satanic,

I just could not resist being in agreement. Rap paves the way for no talent lazyazz wanna be gangstas, who can't fire a gun without hitting some little kid, to havce a lot of money. That they pump into the world of drugs,
proistitution, and murder for hire. Bottom line.

Definetly zero talent involved.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

ROFL man ... about gaga, and others vigilent citizen has been digging into the personas that are created and fed to the mass media.

Ozzy was biting bats head's off on stage ..

A live concert creates energy, that energy can be directed.

It would be completely wierd if there wasn't any really wierd stuff going down backstage.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

ROFL man ... about gaga, and others vigilent citizen has been digging into the personas that are created and fed to the mass media.

Ozzy was biting bats head's off on stage ..

A live concert creates energy, that energy can be directed.

It would be completely wierd if there wasn't any really wierd stuff going down backstage.

perhaps but ozzy only bit the head off that bat because he was probably really high and that it was a stage prop

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

well though those things are often the subject of rap songs and hip hop
there are other things people rap about
there is for example the rare christian rap, and
will smith did some clean rap for kids a while ago i think

and yeah rap doesnt really seem to take talent
its just clicks and whistles really more of a fun game for children than a profession

now rock takes talent playing guitar is really hard! belevive me im working on it though i only have a bass because my guitar broke

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

correct me if im wrong but are you saying that since so many people worship satan hes real? how does this apply to the wiccan gods or the ancient greeks and vikings?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I think you will find the percentage of Christians that are irrational, controlling and bit nuts almost exactly matches the percentage of non-Christians sharing the same traits.

We see it every day from all groups. The terms like "Sheeple", "Tea Baggers", "Jesus Freaks" and many others come to mind. Perhaps a better discussion would involve and honest discussion of why "Human Beings" are so controlling and judgmental; why we Bully one another. Rather than singling out one group for behavior common in all groups I mean.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

ok i see what you mean but im talking about christians and satanism right now because thats what ive noticed alot lately
you wouldnt want me to make a thread about preps and emos wou;d you? because that wouldnt go very far

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The whole point of GWAR is pointing out the foolishness of middle america, the religious right, and this ridiculously sensitive, morally facist culture in which they live and which they seek to codify in law, thereby forcing it upon everyone. GWAR creates this immeasurably, gloriously offensive fiction around themselves, and revel in the fear and hatred heaped upon them by the people who don't get it.

If you get the chance, and you like them enough to sit through it, check out "The Next Mutation"; it was a DVD GWAR released a while back, consisting primarily of television interviews with the band and various talk shows. A distinct pattern emerged-- intelligent, classy hosts with senses of humor got the joke, and enjoyed the hell out of the interview. Bigoted or small-minded ones responded to them out of hand with confusion, derision, and general assholeishness; they, unlike GWAR's fans, took the band at face value, failing to recognize it for the art that it truly is.

These bible-bashers and their ilk accuse metalheads, stoners, video game players, D&D fans, and pretty much anyone else who doesn't go to church of not knowing the difference between fantasy and reality. I don't know whether it's funny or it's sad that the religious are the only ones who really believe that their stories are ultimate truth.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I think what I just posted speaks for itself. There are 255 million Christians in just the US. For every criticism of non-Christians I see, I see hundreds of attacks on Christians. That means a huge percentage of non-Christians are irrationally angry at Christians compared to the tiny percentage of Christians who step outside their own and are controlling. Mostly we don't bother anyone.

You however did a good job of distancing yourself from that irrationality, or did you? Are you able to direct your anger at the individual committing the offense or do you label a group he happens to belong too? When somebody calls you a Satanist (if they ever have) do you blame the person who did it, or all Christians?

Are you actually into Polytheism as a Faith or is it a fad of sorts like the kids in schools playing at being Wiccans or whispering over a Ouija Board after their parents are asleep?

How do these Christians who do this know what you believe? Do you walk up to strangers and start telling them? Or are you just talking about a tiny group of your Peers? Is your whole rant based on negative experiences you have had with a tiny number of people?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by The Parallelogram

great post thats one of the reasons i love gwar stick it to the fascists!
also athey their music is great

ive seen a few interviews and i understand what you mean
im definatley going to check out the next mutation

i notice that though gwar may look like idiots they are very intelligent and put alot of work into their acts and music
and they like to have fun with it (costumes bloody puppets etc)

gwar be with you lol

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

for one i am an athiest for two a wasnt labeling all christians like this i even said so towards the end of the OP i live in a small town setting and i went to a small school, everyone knows who you are, and what you believe
perhaps wat angers most non christians is through misinformation and maybe its because us non christians are horified by tales of the crusades, of inquisitons and fred phelps
but im not saying every christian is a fred phelps or a crusader or inquisitor

by stereotyping is human nature isnt it?

however there aer quite a few modern day crusaders who make it their duty to "save our souls" in a small town setting this is icredibally frustrating
in my town we got a smorgasbord of christians , jehovas witnesses, baptists, wesleyans, even a few catholics and many more, i have to say most the crusaders come from the baptists and the jehovas witnesses but thats just my expierience

[edit on 26-4-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Judas Priest Subliminal Messages Trial

Basically various church groups picked up on this trial and started heavy metal album, cd etc. burnings. The lawsuit was eventually dismissed.

90s documentary covering a civil action in which it was alleged that hidden backwards messages in Judas Priest songs, particularly 'Better By You, Better Than Me', were responsible for the suicide and attempted suicide of Ray Belknap and James Vance.
"

This documentary goes right at the edge of blaming the parents for not understanding their children at all.

It was discovered that these teens were in fact beaten by their Christian parents and had become problem children. Vance's father even brings up that he caught his son smoking marijuana and beat him with fists and the mother even hints that she used mental torture on her son to make him "come back to Jesus".

A little after the trial Judas Priest released this video "A Touch Of Evil" that showed images of a furnace labeled censorship with people shoveling in music. It also had images of children being abused in church. The preacher swings a snake in the air (like the snake handling Christians in the south) and trying to hand it to a little boy while the church goers are swinging their heads and clapping while smiling. Also in the video are freaks that people are pointing to. This imagery was used to demonstrate how the teens feel towards society and their parents.

Judas Priest

A second lawsuit of this nature was issued against Ozzy Osborne and was thrown out based on the findings from the Judas Priest trial.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

The problem is that those who did all those atrocities named themselves Christians. They were not actually Christians. Being Christian is not just a name. It is a life long commitment to following Christ's teachings. Anything outside those teachings is not Christian.

Are you an Atheist or Agnostic? I'm sort of literal with words as should be obvious. True Atheism is not possible. It is not possible to possess all knowledge of the Universe. I know its nitpicking but to say anyone knows for a fact there is no God is a false statement. You can believe there is no God, but not know it.

One thing I've noticed is that just like among Christians, fake or real, there is a small number of radical Atheists who spend an insane amount of time on a crusade against God and Christianity. They tend to fabricate a myth that all Christians do is run around causing them problems and speak as if all Christians are running around slaughtering and enslaving people, which is of course so much nonsense.

If you think the people conducting the Inquisitions were Christians, you don't have a clue what a Christian is. Catholicism through all its different incarnations has little to do with being Christian. You can be Catholic your whole life and never once be Christian. You can be a practicing Christian and never belong too or set foot inside a church building.

The church is simply a sharing between believers. These monuments to men and the weekly fashion shows have zero to do with being Christian. You might find you like real Christians. Your probably looking in the wrong places for us.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by toochaos4u

wow youve really done your homework thanks for posting star for you
its really sad that there are parents like that, i understand you may awant to save a kids soul but mental torture?
beating a kid over smoking a little mary jane?
another thing why is pot satanized? because it feels good?
bogus lies and propoganda if you ask me

why do those parents claim christianity if the things they do are the exact opposite of what the bible tells them?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join