im incredibly sick of christians slapping a satanic sticker on everything they dont agree with

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
reply to post by ashanu90

Actually that's what makes Bible prophecy so unique. In many cases the prophecies are very explicit. For example the king that would destroy Babylon, Cyrus, was prophesied to arise by name, a couple of hundred years before it happened.

The arrival of the messiah was predicted in Daniel 9:26 and the fact that he would be assassinated down to the very day some 500 years before it occurred.

The precise timeline and the activities of various world empires is predicted in astonishing detail in several chapters of Daniel.

The rebirth of the nation of Israel is unequivocally predicted in Amos, Isaiah, Ezekiel and other prophecies.

The way that Tyre would be destroyed and it's reduction to a mere fishing village was predicted with some precise detail. I could go on, but it's best to see for yourself.

did you ever think that people had prior knowledge of these prophecies and decided to act on athem under the delusion of "destiny"?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90

did you ever think that people had prior knowledge of these prophecies and decided to act on athem under the delusion of "destiny"?

That does happen, and the antichrist will attempt to fulfill as many of the messiah prophecies, including the muslim's imam mahdi prophecies as possible.

Hitler tried to fulfill the Sumerian prophecies of the third Sargon, and we know how that turned out.

However it's not really possible to fulfill most of these by mere human effort. In fact Alexander the Great spared Jerusalem from destruction, when a number of Hebrew scholars pointed out how he was named in prophecy and how he would destroy Persia.

Alexander had no idea he was fulfilling Hebrew prophecy until that moment.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

i chalk it all out as coincidnce, human effort to fullfill, and lies.

but we are way off topic arent we?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Wait what was the original topic? Oh yeah you're right lol.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

Actually that's what makes Bible prophecy so unique. In many cases the prophecies are very explicit. For example the king that would destroy Babylon, Cyrus, was prophesied to arise by name, a couple of hundred years before it happened.

The arrival of the messiah was predicted in Daniel 9:26 and the fact that he would be assassinated down to the very day some 500 years before it occurred.

The precise timeline and the activities of various world empires is predicted in astonishing detail in several chapters of Daniel.

The rebirth of the nation of Israel is unequivocally predicted in Amos, Isaiah, Ezekiel and other prophecies.

The way that Tyre would be destroyed and it's reduction to a mere fishing village was predicted with some precise detail. I could go on, but it's best to see for yourself.

All of these "prophecies" are of things that have not been proven to happen. It is the same as if I write a book and say in chapter one character X makes a prediction. Then in chapter 10 I have that predicted event play out. The book is over and I say that my character had a prophecy. Neat!

How about any real, proven, known, verifiable, historical events and real, proven, known, verifiable predictions of them made before hand. Any of those in that bible?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ablue07

Benevolence and tolerance are not part of the christian vocabulary; christian dissidents are called "heretics" and condemned. Christians are benevolent and tolerant of those who subscribe to their version of Christianity. Hence the habit of seeing Satanism everywhere there are those who disagree with them.

I am not bashing christians, either. I am a barely-christianized pagan myself.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

To some Christians anything that doesn't come from God comes directly from Satan, ...

That's the funny part... they believe that everything comes from God and everything is God's plan. If they deny that Satan is part of that equation then they are not being consistent.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
and yet another Satan thread ...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kapyong
and yet another Satan thread ...

Originally posted by Kapyong
Yet another Satan thread ...

I cannot help but feel like there is something you have to say here. You are clicking on these threads. You are taking the time to hit reply. Is there something to express in there?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
People are just getting confused by all the "Satanic" or occult imagery that said pop/rock stars use in their performance/video/media, thinking that the artists must be involved in some sort of secret devil worship that gained them their power.

Exactly what randyvs said... Satan sells.

99% of these artists most likley aren't the ones choosing to use this symbolism. It's more like the man behind the curtain (their label/producers) telling them to pose in a certian way, or use in their videos/photographs and the artist hasn't the slightest clue as to what it means.

If he indeed exists, would THE ancient evil diety waste his time to make contact with some flash in the pan pop star? I doubt it.

Would he spend some time with the people that pull the pop stars strings and decide what gets shoved into the faces of young impressionalbe minds across the world? If his goal is to manipulate people into a sinfull lifestyle, that would be one way to do it... People do enjoy their music.

I wouldnt be too quick to laugh it off as silly Christian rederick.

People like Gwar, Motley Crue, Ozzy, or any other band that overtly uses Satanic imagry aren't the ones that I worry about. Thats all cartoonish nonsense to sell tickets.

I would worry about people like Beyonce, GaGa, Jay-Z, and countless other contemporary artists that use these kinds of symbols in a more covert or subliminal way.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
im incredibly sick of christians slapping a satanic sticker on everything they dont agree with

On the other hand, you could attribute the title of this thread to Satan... Indeed, wouldn't Satan be the first to object to Christians labeling things "satanic"?

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 5/13/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blender
If he indeed exists, would THE ancient evil diety waste his time to make contact with some flash in the pan pop star? I doubt it.

If Satan indeed exists — and he does — then he's just as likely to "make contact" with flash-in-the-pan pop stars as anyone else. Satan doesn't focus on our leaders or celebrities in an attempt to corrupt the public by proxy; rather, Satan goes after everyone, all the time.

It's up to every individual to reject Satan on a daily basis. Those who think they are beyond Satan's grasp are the ones most likely to be directly under his influence.

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Originally posted by Blender

If Satan indeed exists — and he does — then he's just as likely to "make contact" with flash-in-the-pan pop stars as anyone else. Satan doesn't focus on our leaders or celebrities in an attempt to corrupt the public by proxy; rather, Satan goes after everyone, all the time.

It's up to every individual to reject Satan on a daily basis. Those who think they are beyond Satan's grasp are the ones most likely to be directly under his influence.

— Doc Velocity

and just how does he do that? (imagine me waving my fingers in the air in with a satyrical attitude) Magic?
lol

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
WOW!!

This thread is like the Energizer Bunny.lol

I have come to understand one thing.
If someone chooses not to believe then what proof will it take to change their minds?
There is nothing that I can say, show, or do to make you believe.
If you dig deep enough within yourself you will find the truth. It is in there somewhere. You may have buried it so deep down that you do not feel it anymore it is there.
If someone accuses you of being the anti-christ or satanism then you should set them right.
Tell them "judge not least they be judged".
Tell them to "remove the beam from their eye before they worry about the splinter in their brothers eye."

We had a small discussion earlier in this thread about morality. I believe that we do get our feelings of right and wrong from an external source. I think this is what He means by creating us in his image. He gave us the ability to know right from wrong.
All across this world we have people that for the most part have basically the same moral code.
How about our feelings? From where do they stem? What logical purpose do they serve? Sometimes we have to throw logic out of the _ Logic can not apply to everything. It is a man made concept anyway.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

i think morality started off long ago in early civilizations, at first it was simple, dont kill and dont steal, because it causes unpleasantness to someone else, and nobody wants to be stolen from or killed right? i think long ago rulers realized that they would be respected if they stopped these things from happening, by punishing those who did such unsavory acts, since then morality began to grow, evolve even become more complex, with each new unpleasant deed a new law and punishment. and after thousands of years of people avoidng unpleasant deeds, it became part of their genetics, instinct if you will. and after a while it became part of keeping people controlled with religions

you wonder why animals are born knowing to do what they do? because their species as a whole have been doing what they do for a long time
morality is no different

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
LOL I saw this thread and decided to post this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think you are right.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Hey just want to put my two cents into your comment you posted. I think your missing the real in depth picture of what life is and what we humans are after death. Just ask yourself " Did you come from nothing and are you going to return to nothing after death ?" . Everything in life has a purpose and meaning for it's existence. Light, darkness ,truth, and lies have a purpose and a meaning for your existence. If you belive you came from nothing and will end in nothing after your death ,then this would make you a worthless and meaningless person with out purpose in life ofter you die. This is a lie of coarse because you know that scientifically speaking matter and energy can never be destroyed or created it just transforms into a new form of existence. You are made of pure energy and matter.That can never be destroyed. This brings up the deeper question of why does Satan or people lie to each other. Satan lies to miss lead ,control and harm us with his lies. people do the same and want to control you. Christians are Not out to hurt you with lies .I admit there are Christan's that are not true Christians,but are in fact wolfs in sheep's clothing. Always look for the end game of lies and truth. Ask yourself am i going to fall into a trap or a lie that is harmful to you or others ? If you are honest and can see the truth you would agree that lies and darkness are not good for us humans in the end game of life. Peace and hope it opens up more questions and answers for you.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
What's really satanic is idolizing the cross and images of Jesus manipulated to represent sacrifice and Queztlcoatl/Saturnus

jesus sacred heart

Saturnalian Cult Revealed

John 4:22 "Ye worship what ye know not"

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join