It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Into the Universe With Stephen Hawking on at 9pm tonight on Discovery Channel

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
reply to post by The Shrike

Exactly, so does everything. We have figured out that complicated microbes are more advanced then we think. To really think a small planet in the whole universe is only capable of life is hilarious. It really is.

I don't hear your complicated, advanced microbes laughing!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Skeptics.. Please, just take a look at this video, explaining the drake equation, and perhaps you would realise, that we are not the only ones in this vast universe, whose size is beyond our imagination.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Vemmelig]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Vemmelig

seriously what in practical terms can you do with life millions or billions of light years away? i find talk about life " somewhere in the universe" banal. anything outside our galaxy is too difficult to detect, investigate or communicate with. You may aswell talk about life in the multiverse theres about as much chance of finding that as finding life in other galaxies.

the interesting questions are how common is life or intelligent life in our galaxy? How close is the nearest earth-like planet? is there any close enough we could send a probe or eventually humans to?

in terms of anything practical other galaxies may aswell not exist

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Nothing on my discoverchannel. Aint been for the last week nor will it be

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
anyone able to find this show online? I missed it and wanna see it so bad >.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I've been taken to task by some, not all, for my criticism of Hawking talking about aliens and life on other planets. A thread was just started about comments to Hawking's comments, especially from Greer: www.abovetopsecret.com...

When I criticize, it's as good as being in the bank.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I've been taken to task by some, not all, for my criticism of Hawking talking about aliens and life on other planets. A thread was just started about comments to Hawking's comments, especially from Greer: www.abovetopsecret.com...

When I criticize, it's as good as being in the bank.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
5 minutes into the show and you can see that is impossible that alien life doesnt exist

I mean, its just math ... nothing else

I wont discuss

but I recommend the episode, it is very good for anyone that doesnt know a lot about the universe

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
5 minutes into the show and you can see that is impossible that alien life doesnt exist

I mean, its just math ... nothing else

I wont discuss

but I recommend the episode, it is very good for anyone that doesnt know a lot about the universe

It is understandably natural for mentally-conditioned humans to accept claims without evidence. You know what math gets you? A numerical answer! GM can tell you that they make x-amount of cars and the evidence supports it. Drake tells you that x-amount of planets hold life and there is no evidence to support the mathematical results. IOW, zero gets you zero.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Maybe Hawking knows because maybe he is an alien.. Hey they could already be amongst us for all we know.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
You're not 72, because if you are then your very immature for your age.

Either get back with the times or go finish your primary school education (at least).

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Therefore, I don't talk about black holes, or any theoretical subject that exists only in the mind.

The case for black holes is far stronger than the case for aliens. The theory of relativity predicts black holes and so far that theory has been correct.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
www.serpo.org...

Interview with EBE-2: March 5th, 1983 at Los Alamos National Labs:

"I asked the Colonel who was being interviewed and he told me a guest from another planet! The Colonel left. The other two people set up a table with a microphone and recording equipment, including a camera. About five minutes later, in walks a 4' 9" non human looking creature. It was dressed in a tight fitting cream colored suit. It had no hair and was identified to me as EBE-2.

EBE-2 sat in a chair across the table from two civilians and the AF Colonel. I did not know the identity of the three. LANL-1 came into the room and sat next to me. I listened while the three asked EBE-2 a series of questions pertaining to its home planet. First question was about the temperature, climate and weather. EBE-2 responded in perfect English but sounded like a machine generated voice. Very hard to explain but it was either coming from a device that EBE-2 had in front of him or from something in its body.

EBE-2 explained the weather of its planet which was dry, varying temperature between 65-90 degrees. There was 35 hours of constant sunshine and three hours of darkness. Rainfall occurred only during one of its months each year. The day lasted 38 of our hours. They did not have months but did have years which consisted of approximately 600 of our days. They used a society cycle which I understood to be similar to our months. During this society cycle each Eben worked a certain time and conducted business. There was also a rest cycle which consisted of a regulated period of sleep. I don't recall the exact number of hours or sleep/rest. EBE-2 discussed weather patterns and how they were formed. I don't recall the exact words. However, EBE-2 seemed very intelligent and fully explained each weather pattern in precise detail. He used Earth's equivalents for Meteorology terms.

The interesting part of this interview was that I didn't hear any questions being asked by the three humans sitting across from EBE-2. Either the questions were already given to EBE-2 or the three humans were "thinking the questions" and EBE-2 would respond in English."

www.americanchronicle.com...

What is claimed to be a transcript of a 1981 intelligence briefing to President Ronald Reagan about UFOs and extraterrestrial visitation to Earth was posted on the Web site Serpo.org on Oct. 30, 2007:

REAGAN IN THE LOOP

In the transcript, Casey begins the briefing. "Mr. President, good morning. As we discussed in February, this briefing contains some very sensational and some very, very classified information. I am not sure, oh, well, I'm not going to make a decision on who you want in the room. That will be your decision, Mr. President."

"This will be a real tough one to follow since the briefing starts back, historically speaking, that is, and runs up to recent times. I believe we have prepared a good chronological order of events. I'm sure you, Mr. President, will have many questions," Casey reportedly stated.

After a discussion to determine who in the room had a "need to know," the proper security clearance or had not previously been briefed on the matter, Casey continued, according to the transcript.

"…as you will see Mr. President, this stuff is pretty high up on the food chain. We call it ATS or 'Above Top Secret.' This stuff has its own classification and markings. We have a special container, special printers and copiers for this stuff. Every word of this material is printed on special paper then placed inside special covers."

GOOD GUYS AND BAD GUYS

Picking up on an implication within a statement from Casey, Reagan asks, "Are you telling me there are different races or species, as you said, visiting Earth at the same time?"

"Can you tell me how many different species have visited us?" Reagan asks.

The Caretaker states, "At least five."

Reagan: "Are they all friendly?"

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
www.americanchronicle.com...

"Mr. President, that is a very difficult question to answer. There are many parameters that we follow to evaluate the threat. However, we have little intelligence on four of the five."

"We have plenty of intel on the Ebens ... gee ... they've given us everything we asked for! They have also helped us to understand the other four species. I'm afraid to say, Mr. President and please don't misunderstand my words, but we think one of the species is very hostile."

Reagan is clear about his position. "I'm the President of the United States. I should know if we are endangered by some threat from outer space. If you have something to say about a threat posed by this one species of aliens, then I want to hear it.

Casey explains. "Mr. President, we have intelligence that would indicate this one species of aliens have abducted people from Earth. They have performed scientific and medical tests on these humans. To the best of our knowledge, no humans have been killed."

"We have captured one of these hostile aliens. This gets into some very, very sensitive areas, Mr. President. I strongly suggest we end this discussion and move on to any further questions you might have and then get back to this. I don't think we are prepared to provide you with accurate answers to your questions about the potentially hostile aliens at this time," Casey reportedly says.

Reagan: "OK, but expect this to be given to me as soon as possible. I want to know everything about these hostile creatures so I .... or I mean we should start forming policies on how to deal with them … do we have operational war plans on this?"

Presidential advisor (name redacted): "Yes, Mr. President, we have war plans on all potential threats to our country."

The Caretaker explains further, "We call the hostile aliens simply that, HAV, meaning Hostile Alien Visitors. MJ-12 placed that code on them back in the '50s."

PUBLIC INFORMATION, DISINFORMATION

The Caretaker: "In order to protect all this information and the fact that the United States Government has evidence of our planet being visited by extraterrestrials, we developed over the years a very effective program to safeguard the information. We call it 'Project DOVE.' It is a complex series of operations by our military intelligence agencies to disinform the public."

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join