It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Into the Universe With Stephen Hawking on at 9pm tonight on Discovery Channel

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
If any one of you want a good laugh, tune in to the Discovery Channel at 9pm tonight (it's 6:31 at the moment) and see the NEW (2010) documentary "Aliens: Searching for alien life, what aliens might look like and the odds of making contact."

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
You are a fool to think that their is nothing else out there... I will be the one laughing at you when the day comes...

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Gouzze]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gouzze

What is op a skeptic then?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Why do you say "for a good laugh"? It's Stephen Hawking for f-- sakes, man. I don't think he is going to say we're being invaded by the Anunaki or anything as ridiculous as that.
He is a man of science and I imagine any speculation he gives on alien life will be put forth as just that--speculation.

Our understanding of the universe wouldn't be as good without his work so I guess I just take offense at laughing at him.
But thank you for the reminder that the show is on tonight.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I live in Canada and can not seem to find it on Discovery or Discovery HD.
Is it only on in the USA or Europe perhaps?

Cheers

[edit on 25-4-2010 by FoxMulder91]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

Hmm, I don't know. Here (in Missouri) it will air two episodes back to back. It said the first one will deal with aliens. The second with time travel.

[edit on 25/4/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

Same here, In Canada also, just checked the discovery channel, supposedly something called “Superswarm” is on instead...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
math says we are not alone

math > you ...

end of discussion

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
WOw, wants a good laugh?
Its stephen Hawking ffs, idolise this mofo if this guy was able bodied we would be way way ahead, just my opinion but genius to me,
Pretty ignorant really? no offence but do you get out much?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Yea, its unforunate.
Often when I see shows being talked about on here that will air on the history channel for example, they are not on the Canadian version of the history channel.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gouzze
You are a fool to think that their is nothing else out there... I will be the one laughing at you when the day comes...

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Gouzze]

You better start stocking up on laughing gas 'cause I'm 72 and will be long gone before you use the gas!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by Gouzze

What is op a skeptic then?

What do you want to know?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Why do you say "for a good laugh"? It's Stephen Hawking for f-- sakes, man. I don't think he is going to say we're being invaded by the Anunaki or anything as ridiculous as that.
He is a man of science and I imagine any speculation he gives on alien life will be put forth as just that--speculation.

Our understanding of the universe wouldn't be as good without his work so I guess I just take offense at laughing at him.
But thank you for the reminder that the show is on tonight.

You can respect Hawking all you want and you're entitled to your opinion. So am I. You won't see me making comments about the theory of evolution nor about the theory of relativility because I'm not qualified to speak about them, but I live in their causation.

Therefore, Hawking has no business talking about a fantasy as if he could provide ANYTHING that would be of benefit to anyone.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91
I live in Canada and can not seem to find it on Discovery or Discovery HD.
Is it only on in the USA or Europe perhaps?

Cheers

[edit on 25-4-2010 by FoxMulder91]

If you have American friends they could tape it for you as it'll repeat many times over. By then, you should have it offered. At the worst, it might be posted on YouTube but you'll have to wait.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by The Shrike]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Get with the times buddy. Stop living in the 1930s/40s. You do not know if there is alien life, so why rule it out because there is no evidence yet...? You say it is a good laugh, but I think it is a good laugh looking at your post seeing your closed mindlessness.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
math says we are not alone

math > you ...

end of discussion

math > you = zero evidence.

Need more be said?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
snip
no offence but do you get out much?

Oh, yeah, I'm not immobile!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
the science is behind the fact that there is life out there

so, if someone says they used their brains to realize that there cant be life out there, they are just proving they are ignorant and didnt research the science side of it

the reality is that there are billions of stars in our galaxy and billions of galaxies

the reality is that water and all those things came from asteroids

everything is connected

a great number of scientists believe there is life in our OWN solar system, can you believe that? in titan and europa

if we find life in our own solar system, it would be one of the greatest discovery of all time, since it would simply prove once for all that we cant be alone and there are probably inteligent life out there too

but as I said, the math and the science behind it are on the side of life everywhere

thats why I hate when people who believe they are smart talk about life, they are just ignorant and didnt do any type of research into our universe

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Faiol]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Thanks for info. OP,

Good timing

Until then I think I'll keep Mythbusters on: fainting goats
Poor guys.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

It's funny you are so opposed to this show that hasn't even aired yet. You don't know what he might or might not say, yet you are already mocking it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join