LETTER FROM NASA SCIENTIST Creates More Questions? Rogue Planet Alert!

page: 1
65
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
In response to a couple of other threads in this forum I did some investigating of my own on this unknown object currently in our Solar System. Here is my video:

www.youtube.com...

(my apologies for the external link, my numerous attempts at uploading to this video to the ATS server has been unsuccessful)

I followed this up this video with an email to NASA to get their official explanation.
Here is the exchange:

Dear Sir,

I am writing out of curiosity. I am interested to find out NASA's official stand point on the recent images that show up on the Stereo Ahead COR2 camera? This rather large object has been visible since April 21st, it appears to be on a sun bound trajectory. Image 20100425_035424_d7c2A.jpg is a clear example of what I'm talking about. Any information that you can provide on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Regards



The Reply:

If so many people weren't hitting the server, you could see the page:

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov... ,

and you would know that it's Venus. If you're patient, the page will (as of this writing) still load, but it may take quite a while. I apologize for the slow performance, but apparently many people are interested in the subject.

I am, however, not a NASA "official," just a scientist. And I don't have a "stand point" on the matter; it's Newtonian physics to predict where the planets are as seen from the STEREO spacecraft.

Best,


(Dr.) Joseph B. Gurman
STEREO Project Scientist

Anyone???



[edit on 25-4-2010 by discl0sur3]

[edit on 25-4-2010 by discl0sur3]

[edit on 25-4-2010 by discl0sur3]




posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
curious. can you explain how it is not one of the usual planets?

I apologize for the slow performance, but apparently many people are interested in the subject. -
yea right, you know they had to take it down so they could hide somethin...


[edit on 25-4-2010 by jolly]



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I had a look over a whole year of Lasco C3, the timing and location of that object doesn't match up to Mercury or Venus. It (the object) also appears to be emitting coronal ejections in some of the Lasco Ahead images suggesting that this is definitely NOT a planet.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by discl0sur3]



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This is quite some discover, but it is not the final end of the world or anything. I believe that it may have to do with the end of times foretold about in the book of Revelation. In Revelation it talks about 1/3 of the sun will be struck out, as in it will always look like dusk on Earth.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by ReVoLuTiOn76]



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ReVoLuTiOn76
 


I don't believe this represents the end of the world either...although I certainly have more questions than answers. Perhaps we'll experience the same phenomenon that occurred in February of 2003 when the sun emmitted a massive coronal ejection that pushed an inbound comet the size of Jupiter off course to avoid a collision.
Any scientific input that can be brought to this thread would be greatly appreciated.



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I think it is strange that an 'ordinary' NASA scientist answers your question and wants you to understand that his comment has no connection with NASA whatsoever. It does make me feel as if NASA is hidding and cannot or will not give a honest answer on the matter.



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
You're right. It isn't Venus.
It's Mercury and it is also now appearing in SOHO images.


[edit on 4/25/2010 by Phage]



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
So, your all saying that the bright object thats been visible from Mid-April (depending on your location) is neither Venus or Mercury..?

Im confused here.


edit- So it is Mercury.
Got me worried then,


[edit on 25/4/10 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire]



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I don't find the response strange at all

Scientists are pretty analytical and the OP question was "what is NASA's official standpoint" or something to that nature



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage
 


Always on the ball Phage, thanks for the input. This is an issue way above my mathematically challenged mind but its interesting to hear all the oppinions and theories people have.

Kudos for always providing evidence for your assertions.


Cheers



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3
 


I'm impressed that you have contacted NASA and received an 'official/unofficial' response. I'm not surprised you got a short ambiguous reply citing Venus again, whilst quickly passing the buck suggesting Newtonian physics has the answer. lol

I research for a living, particularly human behaviour. For the last few years I see a small minority of ancient tribal /spiritual knowledge sense coming through, plus a few in the so called educated world debating this and that about end times, XYZ planet is responsible, worsening lead dots connecting world events, quakes, volcanic awakenings etc... All seemingly leading to planet Earth being on a necessary(?) cyclic shift.

I see doom mongers raising deliberately confusing anti every single day, for what reason? Is mass fear a tradeable commodity on the stock market? I believe those, like yourself and me are just trying to better understand what is happening and why? However, I do vote NO to telling the masses about anything until it is absolutely necessary, unless of course you want to see real horror and panic on the streets longer than need be?

Conclusion - There seems to be nothing anyone can do to alter this nature/nurture/cycle? So, my Q is: What IF Dr Gurman said YES it's this or that planet and it's about to hit hard? Truth is only palatable to those who seek it sanely! The majority do not want to know, refuse (denial) or couldn't understand it, even if were drawn in crude crayon form.

However, those of us that do not want to die in total ignorance will plow on regardless...good work! ; ))



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
You're right. It isn't Venus.
It's Mercury


I find it interesting that a NASA scientist is giving a conflicting answer. If we all agree that this isn't Venus, then why is NASA saying it is? It's most certainly NOT Mercury...see diagram below



Have you seen the size of this thing? It's bigger than Jupiter. Mercury is a mere dot in comparison!

[edit on 25-4-2010 by discl0sur3]

[edit on 25-4-2010 by discl0sur3]



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3
 


A simple question from a simple mind


Considering the mass of the sun and it's gravitational pull, can we really tell that this object is in line with or to be pulled into (impact) the sun? Or is it possible that this object will sorta do a boomerang trajectory?

Either option would not be to pleasant, but I think the boomerang would be far more destructive.

OR
am I way off base in my thoughts on this?



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
so why does a "real" NASA scientist say it's venus?

How can you be sure it's mercury?

That reminds me of the movie sunshine by the way



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Velvet1
reply to post by discl0sur3
 


I'm impressed that you have contacted NASA and received an 'official/unofficial' response. I'm not surprised you got a short ambiguous reply citing Venus again, whilst quickly passing the buck suggesting Newtonian physics has the answer. lol

I research for a living, particularly human behaviour. For the last few years I see a small minority of ancient tribal /spiritual knowledge sense coming through, plus a few in the so called educated world debating this and that about end times, XYZ planet is responsible, worsening lead dots connecting world events, quakes, volcanic awakenings etc... All seemingly leading to planet Earth being on a necessary(?) cyclic shift.

I see doom mongers raising deliberately confusing anti every single day, for what reason? Is mass fear a tradeable commodity on the stock market? I believe those, like yourself and me are just trying to better understand what is happening and why? However, I do vote NO to telling the masses about anything until it is absolutely necessary, unless of course you want to see real horror and panic on the streets longer than need be?

Conclusion - There seems to be nothing anyone can do to alter this nature/nurture/cycle? So, my Q is: What IF Dr Gurman said YES it's this or that planet and it's about to hit hard? Truth is only palatable to those who seek it sanely! The majority do not want to know, refuse (denial) or couldn't understand it, even if were drawn in crude crayon form.

However, those of us that do not want to die in total ignorance will plow on regardless...good work! ; ))



**********

Jodrell Bank Observatory UK had an emergency meeting this week with the RAS here is their report and findings which could explain a lot more!

www.newscientist.com...



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
So i wonder if it is supposed to hit sooner rather than later....

This would make sense as it would allow us 2 years to raise our councious awareness which sadly is only triggered by pain and hardship



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5 oClock
reply to post by discl0sur3
 


A simple question from a simple mind


Considering the mass of the sun and it's gravitational pull, can we really tell that this object is in line with or to be pulled into (impact) the sun? Or is it possible that this object will sorta do a boomerang trajectory?

Either option would not be to pleasant, but I think the boomerang would be far more destructive.

OR
am I way off base in my thoughts on this?


We can't say for sure if it's in direct line with the Sun or not, unfortunately we just don't have the vantage point required. There's a strong possibility based on my information that it will actually "sling shot" around the Sun and back through the middle of our Solar System, not pleasant as you can imagine. These again are all my own theories backed by my own individual investigations...I open to the possibility that I may be off base...actually HOPING
Only time will tell at this point...



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
No, we dont all "agree that it isnt venus"

as much as I would love the "object" to be something exciting...

I am also sure it is just Venus.

if you have stellarium or other astro software,
do check it out,

it is Venus, "following the sun".


[edit on 25-4-2010 by Ahmose]



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronTheSpeaker
So i wonder if it is supposed to hit sooner rather than later....

This would make sense as it would allow us 2 years to raise our councious awareness which sadly is only triggered by pain and hardship



I think 2 years is quite optimistic although I could be wrong. If this is actually what it appears to be, I believe we're looking at more like 6 months to a year before the proverbial sh$% hits the fan.



posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3
 

It's Mercury. The sensors on the heliospheric imager are very sensitive. A bright object causes a "blooming" effect on the sensor making bright objects look large because a group of pixels gets excited by overflow from the brightness. The same effect seen in LASCO images.




The NASA scientist probably didn't bother to actually check what you were talking about because they get swamped with ridiculous inquiries like yours every time a planet appears. They have better things to do.


[edit on 4/25/2010 by Phage]





top topics
 
65
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join