It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking says Aliens exist

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

As you might think that Mr. Hawking's statements are somehwat naive, please, for one minute, recognize that he might be stating this relatively simply put opinion, as a warning with more information and understanding backing it.

In other words, they (Stephen Hawkings, Government, etc.) know more than they can say and don't want to scare everyone by coming forward with everything they know but, simple need to get their point across by making brief and simple statements in the media.

I have noticed the alien talk has been coming up in a number of national TV networks, as well as a lot of state wide radio shows in Colorad, anyways...? Is this a form of disclosure? Who really knows?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
What drugs does Mr. Hawking take? Is it really his own opinion, or was it generated synthetical out of his stupid computer? Nobody should give anything on his weird predictions. So called aliens will be nothing, but future Al Quaeda. I would fall off the sofa in laughter, if they show a "Grey" instead of Osama next.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NoFilter2323

I too have noticed a lot of Alien talk going around. Who knows maybe it is some form of disclosure. I hope they do say that Aliens exist. I for one believe that there is life out there...somewhere.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
He is right, ofcourse we are not alone in the universe ..

Out of million of galaxies which include billions of plants there have to be someone like our own planet

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
What I find even more amazing is that Stephen Hawking thinks the univierse is finite. I always considerd it infinite thus making the number of alien also infinite.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I would think that most scientists such as Stephen Hawking would have an open mind about the possibility of alien visitation. As I have stated in other posts, the possibilities of super advanced civilizations with the capabilities of wormhole, faster than light or even teleporation would be very high.

For them to just rule it out and not keep an open mind is highly illogical.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dimicgs
He is right, ofcourse we are not alone in the universe ..

Out of million of galaxies which include billions of plants there have to be someone like our own planet

Whether the planet has entities on it that are self aware or not, the planet itself is still aware and thus is an extraterrestrial.

The entire Universe is aware, an entity that is very much alive. This concept is the concept that Humanity sweeps under the rug because "science" does not see this as an observable fact; however, science has no facts for any scientist who is humble will tell you this.

Originally posted by earthdude
What I find even more amazing is that Stephen Hawking thinks the univierse is finite. I always considerd it infinite thus making the number of alien also infinite.

The Universe is Infinite, even though what is "tangible" may be finite in our perception. Space is Infinite wherever you stand there is foreverness in all directions.

To have matter or anything measurable it must be finite, for you cannot measure Infinity. Science is based on what is observed, measured, and theorized, they cannot measure Infinity - only that which is finite and thus the findings are flawed just like Stephen Hawkins; whom I firmly believe has had his findings contaminated by the agenda of others.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by 11118]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Not exactly a revelation, any sane person would believe aliens exist in the universe, the numbers are simply staggeringly in favor.

And how is that? See, you folks are getting it all wrong again. Tell me what the odds were of life forming on this planet. It turned out to be 1:1, but that could have been a statistical fluke on the order of rolling a dice and having it come out snake eyes 10,000 times in a row the first 10,000 times you roll them. It could happen, but it's very unlikely.

That's because we have no idea as to how life came to be on Earth, whether it manifested itself here, or came from someplace else. And until you know that, you can take all of the warm, water-soaked planets in the universe and still end up wondering why they're all completely devoid of life.

Everybody's entitled to their opinion, and Hawking is certainly free to speculate, like everybody else. But he doesn't really know any more than anyone else, because there's no proof of life anywhere other than Earth, and nobody knows how life got here in the first place.

I personally think that those "micro wormholes" discussed in his other program about time travel solves that problem, and that the universe itself doesn't and didn't exist until some kind of life was able to observe it. But there's no good evidence of that, either, and my opinion/ speculation is every bit as valid as Hawking's.

For now, however, the billions of types of life found on Earth are the only kinds of life we can be sure exist. And as for how "likely" or "probable" other life might be, it's all pure conjecture based on unknown variables and their values.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Its funny how people readily accept aliens but deny God. Both have no evidence. Both are based on faith. I do not believe in aliens.

Do you think aliens created the universe? haha, what a joke. There are no aliens (at least intelligent), there may be microorganisms, but there will not be any humanoid beings.

Remember it is also Stephen hawking who refuses to answer questions about god as well, he knows that there are signs that this universe was engineered, and he knows it for a fact. He is only stating that there are aliens to be accepted in the scientific community, when in fact he is a closet Believer.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
There are no aliens (at least intelligent), there may be microorganisms

You are so wrong that it's not even funny.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude

I think he's thinking of it as something that is infinite on the inside, but also curving back in on itself, making it definitely finite. That's the problem when you try to impose a mathematical model on reality. It turns out to be a very bad approximation. It would be nice to have a Geometry of Infinites that deals better with the way reality works, but we don't.

For instance, in ordinary Euclidean geometry, if you have two points that aren't moving, you can say that there is a finite distance between those two points.

"A" *-------------------------------* "B"

But what is equally true is that there is also an infinite number of points in-between those two points. In fact, there are more points in-between the points than there are points in the entire universe, minus the points and the lines, since the potential number of available points in the entire universe is infinity minus the points and line.

It's these bad paradoxes that illustrate how poorly math and geometry does at representing reality.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Its funny how people readily accept aliens but deny God. Both have no evidence. Both are based on faith. I do not believe in aliens.

Well, at least we can somewhat define "aliens" as another living creature that didn't originate on Earth. But I've never heard anyone define "God" to any satisfactory degree. So I would say the chance of something we can at least define existing is slightly better than the chance of something completely undefined existing.

Does (....................................) exist? You tell me.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Blue Shift]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I find it funny that you readily accept God but deny aliens. Psh!

Do you think aliens created the universe? haha, what a joke. There are no aliens (at least intelligent), there may be microorganisms, but there will not be any humanoid beings.

Do you think god created the universe? haha, what a joke.
And as for the statement you made about Mr. Hawking finding signs that the Universe was engineered, are you implying that god exists? What makes YOU think he's a closet believer? You claim it's a fact he's a closet believer? How do you know this? I'd certainly like to know! Oh, and even if he did find signs that the universe was engineered I highly doubt he said, "damn, well maybe there is a god." One more thing, I don't know much about Mr. Hawking so if he really did find signs that the universe was engineered, would you point me in the right direction? Thanks.

I'm new. So take it easy please!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
If aliens exist and all of existence is learning to surpass you current existence. Then earth is the small yellow bus that takes us to school we could be, 'the special species that no one wants to be friends with'
We could be the kids at school that pick our noses and eat the bugers, and also smell funny. The only aliens that would be intrested in us, would be the ones without a nose/sense of smell.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSeeKEnlightenment8o5

I find it funny that you readily accept God but deny aliens. Psh!

Do you think god created the universe? haha, what a joke.
And as for the statement you made about Mr. Hawking finding signs that the Universe was engineered, are you implying that god exists? What makes YOU think he's a closet believer? You claim it's a fact he's a closet believer? How do you know this? I'd certainly like to know! Oh, and even if he did find signs that the universe was engineered I highly doubt he said, "damn, well maybe there is a god." One more thing, I don't know much about Mr. Hawking so if he really did find signs that the universe was engineered, would you point me in the right direction? Thanks.

I'm new. So take it easy please!

Extraterrestrials comprehend the pure simple and powerful truth. Everything, including them, and us, is the Creator creating of itself in perpetuity. They do not need technology to overcome advanced feats that we think is only possible with technology. Their awareness of what is, is far outside of the box of most Humans.

The Creation is the Creator. This is why they won't be destroying us, this is why they don't need our "resources", how ignorant for many Humans to think this way about such advanced sentient beings.

Humanity should stop living in such fear, and instead open in Love. This fear is what divides the people of earth and causes a vast array of morbid occurrences.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by 11118]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Steven Hawkings is right. The unimaginable amount of stars and recent discoveries of earthlike planets make his case more solid.
Not only that, but he is absolutely right we should watch out. The only civilizations that may be intrested in us are only few hundred years ahead of us tehnologically. All older civilizations wont even bother to try to search for these low level civilizations as they are more intrested in development of these few hundred years older civilizations than we.

Now please imagine what would human culture look after few hundred years. As unfortunate as it is no-human or any other civilization has been able to eliminate poverty in society and problems related with it. We may assume that this will be same in alien civilization. Now with our current usage of recources we will run out of raw material in few hundred years if not sooner. Then the battle for recources begin. In any planet the most politically intelligent society will survive and take control over others either culturally or through military (english anyone?). After planetary dominance begins expansion for recourses to other places than their own planet. Depending on society we might meet rather aggressive expansionist civilizations which are intrested in expanding their influence or rather peaceful civilizations seeking contact. The worst thing is that we don't know anything about our surrounding, should I say Exopolitics?

This is my first post, but I only wanted to comment on this post since this gives me shivers. I mean Steven Hawking saying what I thought for some time already. I'dont believe in anything to me only facts matter and for me all these Alien Ships and extraterrestials are just possibility, which is unverified. Perhaps this way it is actually better. Imagine if people would know some things for certain...Never! Masses are not ready! I mean how would you explain all this to person who bearly got out of a shack in Africa or in Amazon jungle (not to offend anyone)....

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I'm glad he's decided to speak on this matter. And although not a huge "conspiracy" person, I do believe 2012, even for just the fact everyone's so caught up on what will or will not happen, holds some kind of importance, and that means more people like Hawking will come forth with their educated opinions, ideas, facts etc. I say 2012 because that's when many things will be revealed and although his book is fiction, Whitley Strieber mentions 2012 in "The Gray's", as the year they come in swarms.

I believe Strieber didn't just do research on his subject and write some fiction, I believe he has many friends in high places [and low--meaning, under ground], who probably use him as a confessional of sorts--guilty that their in on the great hidden mysteries we all want and are entitled to know about, that told him much of what he's packed into this book.

Technology is represented [to those of you who haven't read it, some facts and lots of probabilities and one was 2012 being when the Grays come in masses because they need us as much as we need their technology to survive on this planet and or as a species.
I want to make a new thread on Stribers book, but can't yet.....would be interesting.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Well what a complete waste of time, that show was. I expected more. A rehash of Sagan with a little ID4 thrown in at the end for dramatic effect.

Hmmm, he didn't even acknowledge 'brane theory or the postulated multiverse as possible paradox killers in the follow on show.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

I'm sure my opinion is good as anyone else here (the butt theory - everyone has one) but the point I take from him comments are the "PROBABILITY" of a bad alien are as probable as a good alien. So that being said running around emailing everyone telling them to come on over is a bit irresponsable and we should be causious looking for them.

Pretty sure the friendly Indians were kicking themselves in the ars after the white dude showed up on the scene, and we all know how that ended.....

[edit on 26-4-2010 by svpwizard]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hawking is an alien. Mechanically dependant, artificial earth voice, extraordinary imagination or intelligence depending which camp your in, refuses to die.
I think he's hiding from his own kind and doesn't want to be found becuase here he's a celebrity and back home he's a bum.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join