It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking says Aliens exist

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

I do think that some of them are indeed benevolent but just for the sake of argument. How exactly do you know for sure they are all benevolent and new age like?

Abducting people, messing with their genitals and internal organs and then returning them home with a blank slate isn't that benevolent in my opinion. Nor is splitting cows in middle with "laser". I would say some of them have a questionable intentions at least. Or are as benevolent as those child rapist priests that became a trend lately.

Of course that most of the abduction reports are simply a non-sense, a hoax, a cry for attention. But some of them are way too tricky to dismiss as "fairy-tales".

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Its nice that Dr. Hawking has responded in some fassion to this topic. I must disagree with him on the mal-intent issue. If extraterrestial beings wanted to rape and pillage this planet, they would have done so along time ago before we did it ourselves. Now they can did around our crap heaps and polluted environment. It is my belief that these glactic brothers are around to advance us. Im just sorry early on in modern times they befriended a dark cabal that screwed us all.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thomas_

The Human governments use technology and tools with precision.

Most of the disc shaped ships you see are unmanned and of Human origin, they are drones.

There is that group of entities who wish to control and enslave, they feed off the negative energy of suffering and control. They think themselves only as the Creator and are lost, cut off from the life force feeding themselves off of control others and controlling of each other - pure negative energy. You need not worry, unless the vast majority of people on earth wish to be enslaved they will not be "landing" any time soon and they are far outnumbered by those who wish to serve.

The Earth is quarantined due to past events in regards to the self-destruction of ancient civilizations. Information was given by benevolent entities then used poorly. Those who wish to cross into the Earth must get permission, the negative entities cannot cross into earth without facing Love - it is like a shield, the complete opposite polarity of their being.

Remember their is no "war", the benevolent entities could crush the negative entities with ease - but they Love them and understand they too are the One Creator.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

If he believes aliens have not visited earth, id like to hear his theories on UFO's, abductions, etc.

I know they are not 100 percent prove of aliens visiting earth, but id like to hear his theories on what he thinks they are.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by FoxMulder91]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91
reply to post by Tearman

If he believes aliens have not visited earth, id like to hear his theories on UFO's, abductions, etc.

I know they are not 100 percent prove of aliens visiting earth, but id like to hear his theories on what he thinks they are.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by FoxMulder91]

Stephen hawking has said this about ufos on several occasions. It doesn't read as something too well thought out, and you have to keep in mind that it is written more for effect than to convey the results of serious contemplation. Surely he has more substantial reasons for discounting UFO reports than what he says here:

"I am discounting reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos? If there is a government conspiracy to suppress the reports and keep for itself the scientific knowledge the aliens bring, it seems to have been a singularly ineffective policy so far. ..."

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Let's pretend the secret government has been in contact with aliens for 60 years and have had the usual government sources lie to us all about it.

OK, now the truth is about to come out, that we have been lied to and played for fools, so what does the secret government need now? They need a big shot scientist to come out and say sure aliens exist but we all shouldn't talk to them. It would be far too dangerous.

So now the secret government has a cover story as to why they have covered it up: to protect us because it was far too dangerous to release the information to us. Three cheers for the secret government.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by Matrix Rising

as much as i love hawking, his logic is flawed, he has underestemated the odds. there are things called "anthropic constants". basically, precise and narrowly defined variables that must be exact for life to exist.

"Astrophysicist Hugh Ross has calculated the probability that these and other constants (122 in all) would exist today for any planet in the universe by chance (I.e., without Divine design). Assuming there are 10^22 planets in the universe (a very large number: 1 with 22 zeros following it), his answer is shocking; one chance in 10^138, that’s one chance in one with 138 zeros after it. There are only about 10^70 atoms in the entire universe."

do i believe that life exists elsewhere? meh, i'm not sure. but to claim that the odds are in favor of life existing elsewhere is silly when the chances of life existing on our own planet is so slim.

I'm sure you have a greater mind than Hawking!

I'm sure you ar seeing things he must have overlooked!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mdzialo
Let's pretend the secret government has been in contact with aliens for 60 years and have had the usual government sources lie to us all about it.

OK, now the truth is about to come out, that we have been lied to and played for fools, so what does the secret government need now? They need a big shot scientist to come out and say sure aliens exist but we all shouldn't talk to them. It would be far too dangerous.

So now the secret government has a cover story as to why they have covered it up: to protect us because it was far too dangerous to release the information to us. Three cheers for the secret government.

Stephen Hawking is British.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I think we should stop judging any possible aliens by human ethics systems and measures of supposed intelligence. Warlike, sensitive, etc are terms connected to human activity and experience, they don't necessarily have to feature in other lifeforms.
It's wrong to assume that because they'd have to be 'more advanced' than us and apparently have conquered travelling billions of miles, that they would arrive with some noble purpose. That's how we'd hope to be in the future, assuming humanity lasts long enough to beat what seem impossible odds right now.
If their 'intelligence' has developed in such a way as to overcome these apparent problems it does not follow that they have reached a higher plane of maths genius. Their reality may be so different that in fact what seem near impossibilities to us are a cinch for them. Conversely, we may be able to do easy things (singing, mating, painting for instance) that they would find hard to comprehend.
If we also agree that it's not necessary for any intelligent lifeform to look similar to us (limbs etc) or that they may not be carbon lifeforms at all, then we also have to allow any thought process they undergo to be entirely different from human concepts.
Therefore they may not even recognise us as intelligent lifeforms, any more than we would think a rock has some precious spiritual life. But just like a rock might be cracked open to find a valuable mineral or jewel, an alien might simply see us, or something we need on earth (nitrogen), as a harvestable asset, without feelings of having done any damage.
Or, imagine if they looked on earth for the thing that most resembled what passes for their physical form (the nearest to their distant cousin).
If they most related to trees, which we cut down, or fish, which we eat, they might consider humans ferocious parasites to exterminate, and so help the relatives.
Imagine if we arrived at another planet to find the nearest things to humans under seige from what looked like, let's say, big lumps of coal. Whose side do you think we'd be on? But for all we knew, the big lumps of coal were the planetary good guys, fighting back after years of brutality, torture and genocide.
When you think in these terms, Prof Hawking's proposal that it might not be such a good idea to signpost the way for them, makes perfect Health & Safety sense.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Maybe it's not their whole civilization but only their "elite" who bailed when shtf. I have no doubt that ours would do so.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
As much as I would like to believe this, I think it's just the Illuminati f-ing with us again creating more alien controversy.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Double.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Karma_Chameleon]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Double.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Karma_Chameleon]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsdayrex

No, the only people that are sick are people like you. You have no idea what "the powers that be are thinking," beyond the caricature you have of them in your mind, all the while thinking this caricature is all the proof you need.

Wrong. I know exactly what the PTB are thinking.

You are one of those that thinks you can use big words such as "caricature" to make others think that you are smart.

I'm not fooled in the least bit.

The only comments that you ever seem to add to threads are smart alec/snide opposing comments to other posters. The things you type are rarely productive.

Don't start with me Doomsdayrex, I'll show you how smart you are not.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
Also, why would aliens colonize earth, as apposed to any of the other billions of planets in the galaxy?

Take a good hard look at us my friend, we (as a human collective) spill blood every single day without reason. We destroy everything we touch.

The powers that control this planet only care for themselves, they kill thousands if not millions all in the name of money power greed, look at how many wars are manufactured in order to keep the people at the top.

Make no mistake ET is already here NASA knows this and anyone that does their own research will see that we are being kept at arms reach in order to facilitate (their) own survival.

We are heading for something HUGE! it doesn't take a genius to see this. Look how peoples opinions have changed now in regards to other life out there. On January 1st 2009 a d-notice was taken down, which allowed the media outlets to run stories and start reproting to the masses worldwide about UFO'S, Abductions, ET and of course the big one UFO Sightings. There is a plan, whether or not its the plan orchestrated by the people at the top, I have no idea but there is a plan and we are nearly at the crux of all of this.

ET have been here for many many years and its only a matter of time before they announce themselves to the world. Scientists and top officials are having to come clean now otherwise when the # hits the fan the people will be baying for blood. Stephen Hawking aswell!

Its become a running joke now with my friends at work we take bets at how many UFO articles are going to be in the weeks newspapers, its all about educating the masses, but for whose advantage?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JScytale

Originally posted by thomas_
The missing links to make the evolutionary theory pass when it comes to humans are far too many.

Name one.

1. There is no transitional links whatsoever between the skeletons collected and used as proof. Something that can't be explained without considered hard core mutations. And mutations them selves are unpredictable and completely random in nature as far as I understand.

2. Some of the parts collected sometimes are nothing more than skull cap, a femur or maxilla and yet are use to justify their argument. They use their own imagination to reconstruct a full skeleton of that single bit and present it to the public as another part of that puzzle they are creating.

3. The divergences and unexplainable inconsistencies in the strata while collecting these "parts" make this whole thing even tricker.

And if you're fond of laws created by those very same folks that some follow so blindly and take for granted without questioning any further:

4. It goes against the law of natural selection

5. It goes against the law of bio-genesis

And I'm pretty sure there are others.

Now they argue that these "specimens" all evolved in tandem which does make more sense in a way, but the interbreed part and some genetic differences still far from clear from what I understand. And since for what I know ~97% of our DNA is still considered junk and those differences are already pretty significant in the remaining "meaningful" bits (~3%) it makes you think.

Specially since the so called "pre-zygotic reproductive isolating mechanisms" would make interbreed impossible in some situations and the chances of survival of hybrid newborn would be pretty thin in several ways.

As I said earlier I accept it as a partial answer and not as the final answer, we could have indeed have evolved of a certain type of simian, but who engineered that or how nature did that is still unanswered. Thus the whole theory shouldn't be accepted as the only possible answer and certainly shouldn't be held as a law.

So the scenario where other alien intelligent life form came here and played with monkey/ape genes to spark "intelligent" life on Earth is still plausible in my mind.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The first contact with an alien/E.T. civilization isn't with with some populated mothership. It's going to be with an automated robotic scout drone of some sort.

Those drones are already here. Have been for quite some time.

So this whole discussion of whether or not we should broadcast our signal is moot, because the scout drones are here already and there is nothing we can do to turn it around.

These scout drones arrive to a star system, investigate it for life, and if no life is found, they harvest the mineral resources so they can replicate millions of new scout drones, and then they leave to other star systems.

This is partially going on right now here, and those scout drones are what we call aliens. That's why they seem so bizarre to us and seem to have no feelings - they are a cold yet advanced Artificial Intelligence, investigating us, and reporting back data to lord only knows where.

We haven't seen them replicate because they have discovered life in this solar system. The funny part is that most people believe they aren't already here.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karma_Chameleon

And you know this, how?

You're no daisy.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsdayrex

No, the only people that are sick are people like you. You have no idea what "the powers that be are thinking," beyond the caricature you have of them in your mind, all the while thinking this caricature is all the proof you need.

You are one of those that thinks you can use big words such as "caricature" to make others think that you are smart.

I'm not fooled in the least bit.

The only comments that you ever seem to add to threads are smart alec/snide opposing comments to other posters. The things you type are rarely productive.

So let me get this straight, you think DoomsdayRex isn't smart, because he's trying to hide his "stupidity", by using the word "caricature"?

Instead of dancing around your claims, why don't you back up them up. Calling someone "stupid" isn't really a rebuttal at all, and lends me to believe that you're just shouting off nonsense.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mdzialo

What about celebrity-scientists such as Carl Sagan or Seth Shostak who have always said there is intelligent life beyond Earth and worked to contact them in some manner?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join