It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STOP !!! - Just Give Up Prognosticating And Seeing The Future

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Show me an example of an accurate prediction.
Please put some evidence up of any person having any knowledge of things yet to happen.

A small crumb is all I ask for, because it can't be done.

The future has yet to be written, and anyone claiming to know what will happen is just feeding you a line of BS, or telling you what you want to hear based on the knowledge they already have about you.

Show me one post on "Predictions & Prophecies" that has come true, and then I'll take it apart for you.

DENY IGNORANCE....

[edit on 24/4/2010 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

How can someone decide for you the future in with which you are yet to decide? Someone may be able to show you the different choices or paths that you may decide on, but that even changes with every new set of infinite choices.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by onequestion]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I predict you will get lots of hate for this thread, as well as lots of people agreeing.

I also predict an s+f

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

STOP !!! - Just Give Up Prognosticating And Seeing The Future

Do you see this happening any time soon?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Well it's nice to see someone on my side....

I'm getting sick of people claiming to be able to peer into what has yet to come, and seeing people eat it up like pablum formulated for babies.

Just how insecure is our species that we suck at the tit of anyone willing to comfort us.:shk:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I'm getting sick of people claiming to be able to peer into what has yet to come, and seeing people eat it up like pablum formulated for babies.

to be honest, that sounds like whining about someone else getting more attention than you

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I mostly agree with you I think there are cases like in scripture and ancient writings where the likely future was foretold but was not cut in stone as many think. However was accurate based on the current trend, human nature, and and perhaps a touch of the divine that human nature and trends would continue in that direction.

However like take Nastradamus for instance. No one has ever been able to use his predictions ahead of time but have only been able to look back after the fact and say yeah that seems to fit.

Also the other thing is especially in the information age there is a collective emotional thought form that influences people heavily and has the potential to become a self fullfilling prophecy.

Bottom line though is the future is up to us.

A few accurate predictions were Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, Gerald Celente, and a few others accurately predicted the financial meltdown etc. but based on current actions preceding it however they were not based on divine intervention. Although Ron Paul had been predicting it for 20 years and called a false prophet and kook until it happened.

I predict further meltdown and even revolution or chaos based on current actions of government and financial institutions, but it is based on mathematics history and current actions not divine revelation.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

Just how insecure is our species that we suck at the tit of anyone willing to comfort us.:shk:

Uh, that would be me!!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
As the late Clash founder and ex-Mescalero Joe Strummer said over and over: "The Future is Unwritten."

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
People need to stop predicting the future, and start shaping their own destiny.

You gotta be the kinda change you wanna see in the world.

[edit on 24/4/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Uh, that would be me!!

Yeah, OK, I understand the need to suckle at the breast of a woman.
You get the comfort and possibly gratification, but no nourishment unless she's lactating.

whaaa only gets baby food from now on.....

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Uh, that would be me!!

Yeah, OK, I understand the need to suckle at the breast of a woman.
You get the comfort and possibly gratification, but no nourishment unless she's lactating.

whaaa only gets baby food from now on.....

Thanks, baby food will be fine; but actually I was referencing my overall insecurities and not my fixation; ok obsession with the female breast.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CSquared288

to be honest, that sounds like whining about someone else getting more attention than you

If you think I desire attention you missed my point by a long shot.
If anything, I avoid it......

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
i am predicting the sun will rise tomorrow and it will also set. now, tear it apart for me.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

Easy the sun does not rise or set it is an illusion!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Nooooo, don't stop predictions and future seeing... that's my little fun time before going to sleep !!!

But yes, these kind of threads should be placed in another subject like "BS dreams".

I really had fun with the 100% war for February and I'm still waiting for the big next one... I was guessing April would be OK, but I bet the next big prediction thread will be for June... that's my prediction, my 90% sure prediction.

Ok, there is a contradiction in my words... guess where...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

You will be continued to be frustrated by predictions and prognostication. This is a prediction and a prognostication, and this will frustrate you.

There will be more threads like this, not necessarily authored by you, again this is a prediction and a prognostication that will frustrate you. But the question is: will you accept my prediction and prognostications as proof that predictions and prognostications are of any value other then a frustration?

There are many examples of the future being predicted.
Many people saw the Financial Collapse.
Peter Schiff, for example.
People prognosticated before hand that terrorists were planning to crash planes into the WTC.
People predicted Obama would win the election.
People predicted the Copenhagen Climate summit would be a joke.
People predicted and prognosticate all the time.

In the late 1800's people prognosticated that one day Alexander Bells telephone invention would become a small mobile device that could be carried around. Those that speculated this, were dismissed as lunatics.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I thought I had the power of predicting. Here's why.

1. I was traveling at 55mph down a straight piece of road.
2. A deer steps casually into my lane.
3. I tell my wife that if the doe doesn't move I'm going to hit her.
4. At the last minute I swerve into the other lane to avoid the deer.
5. The deer never moves.
6. I blow a right front tire causing the car to veer back into the deer.
7. prediction fulfilled even though I tried to change it.

So am I a prophet or just unlucky. either way Im batting 1000pct.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
i am predicting the sun will rise tomorrow and it will also set. now, tear it apart for me.

And you based that on what ?

I have no idea what the sun will do in the next 8 minutes due to the speed of light, and a limitation of data that I just need to live with for now.

But based on it's past performance, it will rise in the morning, and set in the evening as it has done throughout my very short lifespan. And I have a reasonable expectation for it to continue to do this for billions of years because I have a basic knowledge of physics.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
I thought I had the power of predicting. Here's why.

1. I was traveling at 55mph down a straight piece of road.
2. A deer steps casually into my lane.
3. I tell my wife that if the doe doesn't move I'm going to hit her.
4. At the last minute I swerve into the other lane to avoid the deer.
5. The deer never moves.
6. I blow a right front tire causing the car to veer back into the deer.
7. prediction fulfilled even though I tried to change it.

So am I a prophet or just unlucky. either way Im batting 1000pct.

You're batting zero. So you're not unlucky and luck was not on your side. Luck is just a superstition created by people to explain the unknown.

A set of circumstances caused the impact, any action you took to avoid the impact only was cause and reaction = outcome.

You had no way to predict the action of the deer other than prior knowledge that they stop and stare into the lights of your car.

What if you accelerated ?
What if you hit the brakes ?
What if you swerved to the right instead of the left ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join