It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STOP !!! - Just Give Up Prognosticating And Seeing The Future

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Derised Emanresu

There are many examples of the future being predicted.
Many people saw the Financial Collapse.
Peter Schiff, for example.

A lot of people involved in financial markets knew that was coming.
It was a given based on poorly secured loans and over extending credit to those that had no way to pay those loans.

People prognosticated before hand that terrorists were planning to crash planes into the WTC.

There will be attacks in the future, but specific targets and timing won't be determined by someone with a deck of cards or reading tea leaves.

People predicted Obama would win the election.

That was just a 50/50. A two party system is hardly any choice at all.

People predicted the Copenhagen Climate summit would be a joke.

Not a big leap. We knew before it started that industrialized nations would appose aspects of the agreement.

In the late 1800's people prognosticated that one day Alexander Bells telephone invention would become a small mobile device that could be carried around. Those that speculated this, were dismissed as lunatics.

Prove it........
Science fiction writers didn't even see this for several decades.

EDIT: You try and cut all the quotes without an edit.

[edit on 25/4/2010 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
...okay, i'll play...

...how did george orwell manage to get so much right in his 1984?...

...do ike's warnings about the future (which is our present) not count since he had access to priviledged info?...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

Originally posted by DOADOA
i am predicting the sun will rise tomorrow and it will also set. now, tear it apart for me.

And you based that on what ?

I have no idea what the sun will do in the next 8 minutes due to the speed of light, and a limitation of data that I just need to live with for now.

But based on it's past performance, it will rise in the morning, and set in the evening as it has done throughout my very short lifespan. And I have a reasonable expectation for it to continue to do this for billions of years because I have a basic knowledge of physics.

"Show me an example of an accurate prediction."

If the sun rises, it's an actual prediction . .thread over If not .. we won't be here .. thread over. Is that an actual prediction ??

link   

i am predicting the sun will rise tomorrow and it will also set. now, tear it apart for me.

I have no idea what the sun will do in the next 8 minutes due to the speed of light, and a limitation of data that I just need to live with for now.

But based on it's past performance, it will rise in the morning, and set in the evening as it has done throughout my very short lifespan. And I have a reasonable expectation for it to continue to do this for billions of years because I have a basic knowledge of physics.

If the sun rises, it's an actual prediction . .thread over If not .. we won't be here .. thread over. Is that an actual prediction ??

link   

link   

link   

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Read the book again.
None of that happened in 1984, he missed the mark by 20 years and most of it still hasn't come to fruition.

He was looking from 1949 towards what might happen in a future society based on the knowledge of a post WW2 paranoia.

Perhaps one day, if we the people don't fight back, the world proposed in the book could become our reality. But if anything, we're moving towards an egalitarian society, or at least I hope so.

At some point the middle class become the poor. When you have enough poverty you get rebellion against the upper class.

That's not a prediction, it's a historical fact.

[edit on 25/4/2010 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
This guy is good at predicting stuff:

Several of his predictions have been accurate, I see no reason to go into details.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
You know, it ain't impossible to know the future; it is even scientifically proven.

Futurology is an academic discipline, and I've studied it as my secondary subject.

All you have to know is exact history of perceived event to accurately tell it's future. It is difficult, and rarely it can be done, but nevertheless it is possible and even done in some cases.

When I was studying the subject actively, we did a group work as a practice with my fellow students, and our predicition came true.

-v

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

A lot of people involved in financial markets knew that was coming.
I know. So there is the proof that you asked for, which is why I raised the issue. We can predict and prognosticate over the future with success. In fact, we have markets called "Futures".

Remember in the OP when you said this

The future has yet to be written, and anyone claiming to know what will happen is just feeding you a line of BS, or telling you what you want to hear based on the knowledge they already have about you.
The future is connected to the present and so elements and aspects of it are already written or predetermined. There is also information related to the future in our history. This is how we are able to predict the weather, this is how we predict the seasons, the lunar cycle, tidal patterns, sunrises and sunsets, comet appearances, solar cycles etc. etc. The list of predictions that we make is long. Are you saying that all these will be wrong and that none of these predictions are of any value?
These are all predicted from information from past and present events.

It was a given based on poorly secured loans and over extending credit to those that had no way to pay those loans.
So there is more proof. We know that aspects of the past and the present will have future ramifications and we can predict the nature of these and even describe them in some detail. Which we do on a regular basis. Regardless of the methodology, it is normal. It is up to the individual to investigate the mode of inquiry into the future that they choose, if they choose to prognosticate or predict the future. We do this all the time from past experience, forecasts, probability or tea leaves and Tarot cards.

There will be attacks in the future,
Oh! So its o.k. for YOU to generalize about the future.

but specific targets and timing won't be determined
Oh. Do you mean like the specific references to the WTC before it was attacked? That was specific.

by someone with a deck of cards or reading tea leaves.

Point out where I said they were all done that way. In fact, point out in your OP where you are specific about the nature of prognostication or future prediction. Were are those goal posts going OP, come back here.....

That was just a 50/50. A two party system is hardly any choice at all.
Who cares what the odds are. It was predicted. In fact, you point out a mechanism by which we regularly predict the outcome of events, probability. You are arguing against yourself.

Not a big leap. We knew before it started that industrialized nations would appose aspects of the agreement.
Oh! So you want to define what a prediction is again. Hmmmm. O.K. **(shakes head as I watch the goal posts move even further to suit the O.P. argument)**.

Prove it........
Science fiction writers didn't even see this for several decades.
Do you mean science fiction writers predicted the Mobile Phone. OMG.

(the hook, the line and the sinker).
I wonder what else they predicted or prognosticated over merely by imagining the future. Is imagination banned too, OP?
But of course, they must stop that though. Right O.P.?
They may even use tea leaves and tarot cards. The horror.

EDIT: You try and cut all the quotes without an edit.
I just did.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

Do you deny there are those who just happen to be, for reasons as yet unexplained, really good guessers?

Edgar Cayce had something but I have no idea from where his knowledge comes but I don't doubt that it was a real event which happened to this particular human. He was a channeler. I think they are "real" having a personal reading from Emmanuel channeled by Pat Rhodeghast which was astounding and impossible enough to convince me.
There is reincarnation and people who seem to share two lifetimes - one remembered and one working. If a theory can work in one direction it usually can be extended forward or backward, into the other direction as well.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
OK guys, some of you will most likey laugh and scoff, but I am a psychic and I have a pretty high hit ratio (about 90%). I didn't ask for the talent, it just happened and it seemed to get much stronger after I had an experience where my heart actually stopped for a period in time and I 'died'. But that is unimportant here.

How can I make predictions about someone (whom I've never met and know nothing about) and get it right? I'm not talking about sizing people up, or telling someone they will meet a tall dark stranger. I'm talking about serious predictions. I told one person they would be charged with a very serious offence, but at the last moment new evidence would show someone else would have committed the crime. This person was a very upstanding member of the community and could not see how this would happen - but it did. I rarely tell people they will win money, because if you gamble in any way, shape or form (even only putting the odd dollar in a poker machine) you will win something sometime, but on one occasion I predicted a lady would win a very large prize in lotto and she won 3.4 million dollars 3 weeks later. I could go on. Yess I do miss (I'm only human) but I hit more, much more than I miss.

That's not really the point. The point is how do I do it? Aswer - I don't really know, but I believe it's physics.

Yep that's right - physics. Einstein with his 'Theory of Relativity' proved that the further away from earth you go, the slower time moves and that all time is simultaneous. That past, present and future are all now. (I'm no pysacist, but I have a better than average understanding of the basics. Some of you guys out there will know much more about this than me). Anyway, here's my theory and it makes sense to me:

Everything on this earth consists of molecular vibration, even thought and it all travels in waves (or wavelengths) But there is something that travels faster than the speed of light (I think) and that is the speed of thought, which also travels in waves.

Thoughts are things - doubt it? Somebody thought about the wheel. Before it became a tangible object it was a mere vibration. Everything tangible in this world began first as a thought.

My theory: Somehow, those of us who are gifted are able to tap into that vibration, link it with the vibration of others and pick up on that future vibration. As somewnere around 85% of people are creatures of habit, unless the present vibration of 'habit' changes, the future as predicted (in line with that vibration) must occur. Those of us who are sensitive enough can also pick up on that 'thought' vibration and 'predict' it, thereby predicting 'future' changes. As I said before I'm no physics expert, but this makes sense to me.

Oops, visitors just arrived, so I'll come back later.

Cheers

Aussie Bill
reply to post by rusethorcain

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The most accurate and astonishing predictions are all from the Bible. The one that always amazes me is the fact that Jesus triumphal entry into Jerusalem, proclaiming himself as the messiah, was predicted to the very day some 500 years earlier.

In modern times one has the rebirth of Israel which was predicted by at least three ancient Hebrew prophets. Can you find any other nation that has been utterly destroyed and scattered twice, that has also been reborn twice? All those events were prophesied in great detail. All other so called prophecies seem to be fake or lies of some sort.

100prophecies.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I can't provide exactly the answers you seek, but by relating my own personal opinion and experience perhaps it will shed some light on the subject.

First let me state that seeing the future is completely 100% possible. My personal experiences have proven this to me beyond any shadow of a doubt. Now, let me further go on to say that it isn't a science or a skill for me that can be repeated or really "used". It is something completely seemingly random, and half the time I don't even recognize it until the event is actually happening.

As far as the "science" behind it, I have no clue how it works. I've never "seen" something that hasn't happened yet. That leads me to believe that while there may be many possible outcomes, sometimes you can see the one that is going to happen no matter what. I think of it as a convergence spot in different universe time lines.

So back on subject. Here's how it goes for me.. I go to sleep, at some point I have a dream that is extremely real, although not necessarily lucid. I mean simply that there is no fantasy or "dream-like" qualities to it. For example, I dream that I'm at a restaurant with people I know, and one of them makes a particular joke, which causes another one to knock over his drink and ruins a shirt and gets angry and leaves. Dream ends, I wake up and vaguely remember it but mostly dismiss it.

Three months later, I walk into that restaurant with those friends and we get seated and start ordering, etc. Then at some point, suddenly I am hit with an overpowering feeling of deja vu, and then I see him make the joke and in a split second, I remember the dream and I know what's about to happen. Then I blink and before I can even begin to articulate it happens and I'm left knowing I knew, but just shrugging it off as I am used to it by now.

That's how it typically happens for me. Do I care if anybody else believes me? No not at all. Honestly I hate the feeling of deja vu and the weirdness of it. It's like being in your body and out of it at the same time. I would be happy not ever having it happen again.

I have hundreds of these experiences, maybe thousands. I've even dreamed a whole day's worth of events before they happened and went through that entire day in a strange wonderland of deja vu and disconnection that left me staggering.

So I apologize for not having a scientific answer, or proof that I can slap down for you, but all I can tell you in good faith is that it is definitely real and one of the greatest puzzles I know. I've been debating posting some of my dreams in a log or blog and seeing if I can get "proof", but in the digital world I realize the futility of that proof and how people would simply say I was vague or added information after the event. It's just not worth the hassle to me.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The future is being created and changed every day based on our collective thoughts and actions. What kind of world do you think we will live in fifty years if everyone's thoughts and actions are based on negativity. Obvious.

Predicting the future is based on giving probabilities of what might happen and NOT what will happen.

When people use sources like the Bible or Nostradamus to predict the future - Do not take them seriously. Both are tools of TPTB who plan what is going to go down ahead of time. Sometimes hundreds of years ahead. Then we are manipulated into believing this is the future reality destined (designed) for us.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Show me an example of an accurate prediction.
Please put some evidence up of any person having any knowledge of things yet to happen.

A small crumb is all I ask for, because it can't be done.

The future has yet to be written, and anyone claiming to know what will happen is just feeding you a line of BS, or telling you what you want to hear based on the knowledge they already have about you.

My reply will seem a little odd, but please bear with me.

Have you seen the 2nd movie of the Matrix trilogy (The Matrix Reloaded)?

There is a scene where Neo, Trinity and Morpheus go visit the Merovingian. I thought this was an unnecessary one at the time and didn't pay much attention to it. After doing some research I came across a website that explains the significance of the scene.

To be brief, the lesson learned is that we can ONLY see past the choices we understand. If we do not understand the reasons behind why future events are to take place then we cannot see the future.

Whether you believe this is true or not, it's still an interesting perspective when you really consider it.

[edit on 30/4/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dramier

I have had similar experiences and believe what you are saying. That feeling of deja vu can be so overpowering.

The scientific explanation is that deja vu comes down to the brain failing to properly organise and store stimuli. When we encounter a situation that triggers that "partial memory", we have that sensation of feeling like we have been there before or have already taken part in that behaviour. (Paraphrasing).

That is a plausible explanation, but I believe there might be a stronger paranormal or metaphysical explanation.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I KNOW I'm going to sound like a loony for saying this. But that's beside the point.

Ever since I was a little kid, I always questioned everything. Born in to a Catholic Mother and Buddhist Father, I was always questioning religion. I grew up not believing in either.

I've experienced many weird visions growing up. The one I remember the most was where I would be up in the clouds and a booming voice would tell me "It's not time." and I would be sent falling all the way down and onto the streets where I would wake up.

Another weird dream I've had when I was young (recurringly) was a dream where I would be viewing a planet which looked like the Earth from afar. Right in front of it would be a large brown/red planet.

Anyway, My first experience with prophecy came when I was in the 6th grade (I'm almost 21 right now). I remember the day before I had this dream/vision, I saw the clouds. It looked like a bunch of spirits just flying towards the sun. The next night, I had a dream where I was in a church and a voice said to me, don't be afraid, we shall meet again tomorrow night. The next night, I was in the same place in the dream and I Was shown a vision. I remember this was in February while I was having my winter break. In this vision, I was standing on top of a building with a bunch of other people. I saw 2 tall buildings and what looked like meteorites crashing into the buildings and causing them to crumble. The voice told me that this was goign to happen in 7th months. I told my parents, they said I had a great imagination. I asked them is there such thing as an Asian prophet? As any child who was constantly told of a good imagination, I quickly forgot about it. Until one day, nearly 7 months later I saw the same cloud formation and it reminded me of the dreams I had.

The next day, I woke up to 9/11.

I've always been able to remember all of my dreams growing up. It's interesting. I've had many dreams over the years, many visions, many experiences of feeling "signs."

I'm not going to go into all the details here because it would be too much to read.

But what I will say is that my 2 most recent visions are this:

I had a dream something crash landed into the Pacific and caused a great flood.

I had a dream that something (meteor, asteroid, rocket, missile, space ship?) in the west coast of the USA and caused an enormous explosion. This explosion sent a fireball destroying half of California.

You can call me crazy, it's fine. I know as a single person I cannot stop wahtever happens, but it is my duty, as a person who truly believes he is getting visions, to report this to the public.

It's not fun growing up and dreaming of death and destruction.

If there are any other psychics or people receiving similar visions as I am.. Please message me.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The simpsons predicted 9/11, check that youtube video of that Simpson episode made 6 months before the attack.

Now that's undeniable proof right ? Right ?

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Kaynos]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join