It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle cartoonist: May 22 is ‘Everybody Draw Mohammed Day’

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

The seagull is a great representation of your post. The people, you know those leaders you elected, the soldiers that wear your flag they represent YOU! Each and every US citizen is represented by the wars you wage in YOUR name, against sovereign nations! So yes each of you has a part in it. And should have the balls to take the heat for all the suffering you have caused. Pay the cost to be the boss.

While your cynical remarks may seem cute to you, and oh so clever, you have proven the point with arrogance, and don’t even realize it. Those people represent you, if you don’t like the rep you get from them do something about it.

Your county has killed millions of innocent people, MILLIONS!!

Its ok for you to disrespect a people’s religion, and way of life, but burn a US flag and the whole country wants blood, you’re so hypocritical in the US.

If someone says you are not the greatest country you spew a pile of steaming horse dung about foreign aid, or how you help this country or that country when they need it, what a bunch of political donkey crap.

The US is a country of foreigners in a foreign land, so of course you help the country’s most of you came from. Of course you help people for political gain, the US never helps country that have nothing to offer them, but here you are disrespecting and toying with a war against a billion people over a foolish cartoon, that I might add was only created because no one watches it (southpark) anymore, its old and crappy and needed a boost in ratings so some fools could make even more money.

While ill agree that portraying a religious leader is just a sorry excuse for some sick extremist to wage jihad against you. This is just the thing TPTB need to create a false flag attack, and a major one at that.

You should be careful about starting a war with Islam, while people like Dick Chaney are openly talking about the next great attack that could be gas, or nukes, or anything that could kill millions, you sheeple play right into the hand that brainwashed you, and are doing it without you even realizing what you’re doing.

Go ahead get that stick and poke the sleeping dog all you want, but grow a pair and say YEAH I DID!! I poked that F!@#er and he bit my arm off.... so I killed him good!!!

So freedom of speech is so great ot gives you the right to insult and degrade people yet i dont see to many of you running around droping the "N" Bomb wonder why that is??? hhmmmm

[edit on 25-4-2010 by humilisunus]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

..or shoulder to shoulder with Molly. 2nd line.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by humilisunus

I personally like the fact that America and many other countries that are founded by European immigrants have laws allowing for freedom of speech and religion.

But lets not forget, many of the countries that are primarily Muslim do not.

The bottom line for me is this, if Islam is so intolerant that the only way it can exist in a country is for it to impinge upon the freedoms of others, using violence and threats of violence to do so, then I am more than willing to poke that dog, as you call it.

I want to be clear here, that I do not believe that ALL, or even MOST Muslims are that intolerant. What I do think is that there is an unfortunate tendency for the most fanatical members of many religions to presume to speak for all the members of that religion.

Hitler said that a great way to over throw a democracy was to use the freedoms and mechanisms of that democracy to raise yourself to power, and then once there, to erode those mechanisms and freedoms around yourself so you cant be unseated.

Fanatical Muslims are not going to come into countries with freedom of speech and freedom of religion, and use those freedoms to impose their ideals and their religion upon the rest of us. I think it is right, and proper that people in these countries with these freedoms are making this very clear.

Freedom of religion means you are free to practice YOUR religion. It means we wont force YOU to draw images of Mohamed. It does not entitle you to expect others of other religions to follow the prescriptions of your faith and then threaten or perpetrate violence to get your way.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by humilisunus

So freedom of speech is so great ot gives you the right to insult and degrade people yet i dont see to many of you running around droping the "N" Bomb wonder why that is??? hhmmmm

To be honest, hum, you really do not know that some of these posters dont log off here and go straight to storm front and drop many many n bombs. Or log off ats and go grab a beer and drop the n bomb all night long with their buddies.

I have found those who will insult one group have little trouble insulting others.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Just sayin' that you forgot to capitalize the M word, so lookout: off with your head. 2nd line.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

While ill agree that the only way to stop this is to plaster these pictures from the ground to the sky until it stops and people realize it’s all BS, I know that freedom of speech means that I agree to listen and hear things that may insult, offend, or disrespect me that’s why to me, it’s the greatest thing man has ever come up with, as a matter of fact, research freedom of speech and you will see that Muslims had a great deal to do with it before the modern world even touched it.

I am an Anti-theist, this means I am against all religions, but I’m also an ex boxer and can see a counter punch coming from the hip. When people are literally beaten to believe something and you go around messing with their ideology be prepared, this world is full of real losers that kill for a dime in a back alley, and some people think dissin a billion people is a fun thing to toy with.

All im saying is, everyone here that posted these pics has just put the lives of the owner and mods in jeopardy without even using the simple minded brains before sucker punching a rather large group of people who really don’t give a sh#t.

edit to add:

Get away from bring religion into our differences, get away from mocking ones beliefs, trinkets, etc. and deal with the issues. You can’t tease, make fun of, intimidate, and hurt those that believe different things, don’t you all understand, your killing a root, when you kill a race. A root of a massive tree, your killing yourselves.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by humilisunus

I am an Anti-theist, this means I am against all religions, but I’m also an ex boxer and can see a counter punch coming from the hip. When people are literally beaten to believe something and you go around messing with their ideology be prepared, this world is full of real losers that kill for a dime in a back alley, and some people think dissin a billion people is a fun thing to toy with.

Well, unfortunately, there may at some time in human history come a final showdown between certain religions. It may be unavoidable. The big three religions, Christianity, Islam, and Judaism, all have a long history of trying to grind each other (And the Pagans, and the Buddhists, and the atheists, and everyone else) into the ground with violence. The reason they are the big three is because they ruthlessly set out to destroy any other ideologies.

No one is imposing their religious beliefs on Muslims here. This is a case of Muslim extremists attempting to impose THEIR religious beliefs on the rest of the world. I say we cannot let that happen. When they manage to do that in individual countries, the extremists tend to seize power and make life miserable not only for non-Muslims, but for moderate Muslims as well. (Afghanistan, parts of Indonesia, Iran to some degree, parts of Iraq once we got rid of Saddam who was more moderate)

We need to say "No" to religious extremists no matter what religion they are from. If that ends in a fight, then so be it.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Oh!Em!Gee! Yes! This is gonna be SO awesome! I`ve always wondered when we were gonna stand up as a whole for our rights as a people and grow past this point in evolution where we are so worried about "people`s feelings" < barf! > all the time! Yeah, guys I`m right with you! And after we make our muhammad pics for "everyone draw mohammad and post it on facebook day" we should all go out and buy a megaphone! Why?! Well for the month of February we usually recognise "black history month", so alongside that rememberance I suggest that, in the spirit of free speech we all celebrate "everybody shout the N-word at black people through a megaphone month"! Yeah, that`ll show `em! Try to keep my liberties away from me, will you? Well I don`t think so! C`mon people let`s all show them how to get over it and show em how to have a real good time, like us Americans! We can say whatever we want about whatever we want and it`s perfectly healthy to exercise that right as thoroughly and as often as the desire pops into our Little minds, just as God intended I tell you ! Then we just need to designate days for every other group determined to encroach on our freedom of speech until they all learn to get over it. They`re just words/pictures, etc. right?, I mean, who cares about respecting our neighbors or their "beliefs"? And who cares if they don`t like it? We have bigger bombs and more of em to boot! Yeah it might be easier and we`d all make more friends if we just took time to learn more about eachother, but you all are like me, right? I don`t care about anything more than I do about having thje right to express myself however I wish whenever I wish. I mean, life just isn`t worth living if I can`t do or say whatever I feel like at all times without any concern for anyone else`s feelings, opinions, or beliefs! Ok so you guys are all with me, right? Either it`s ALL OK or none of it is, right?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by doctor j and inmate c5779

Where is their respect and concern for our beliefs?

I am amazed at how many people think members of a religion should be allowed to use death threats to force another group of people with their own beliefs and feelings to live as the threateners see fit.

If you want to get a mega phone and go around shouting the N word, more power to you. We actually have idiots who already do that at white power meetings. I am sure they would welcome a new member, and you have that right in this country.

I personally would find it offensive, but unlike the Muslim extremists in this case, I dont think you should die because you upset and offended me.

Edit to add,

I find your position ironic considering your middle signature.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctor j and inmate c5779
Oh!Em!Gee! Yes! This is gonna be SO awesome! I`ve always wondered when we were gonna stand up as a whole for our rights as a people and grow past this point in evolution where we are so worried about "people`s feelings" < barf! > all the time! Yeah, guys I`m right with you! And after we make our muhammad pics for "everyone draw mohammad and post it on facebook day" we should all go out and buy a megaphone! Why?! Well for the month of February we usually recognise "black history month", so alongside that rememberance I suggest that, in the spirit of free speech we all celebrate "everybody shout the N-word at black people through a megaphone month"! Yeah, that`ll show `em! Try to keep my liberties away from me, will you? Well I don`t think so! C`mon people let`s all show them how to get over it and show em how to have a real good time, like us Americans! We can say whatever we want about whatever we want and it`s perfectly healthy to exercise that right as thoroughly and as often as the desire pops into our Little minds, just as God intended I tell you ! Then we just need to designate days for every other group determined to encroach on our freedom of speech until they all learn to get over it. They`re just words/pictures, etc. right?, I mean, who cares about respecting our neighbors or their "beliefs"? And who cares if they don`t like it? We have bigger bombs and more of em to boot! Yeah it might be easier and we`d all make more friends if we just took time to learn more about eachother, but you all are like me, right? I don`t care about anything more than I do about having thje right to express myself however I wish whenever I wish. I mean, life just isn`t worth living if I can`t do or say whatever I feel like at all times without any concern for anyone else`s feelings, opinions, or beliefs! Ok so you guys are all with me, right? Either it`s ALL OK or none of it is, right?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

What I find the most ironic about your post is the fact that your rant was probably a shot at entertainment such as South Park, a show which you most likely believe was designed to do nothing more than insult people.

Nice use of satire to combat satire.

Satire is commentary on human or individual vices, follies, abuses, or shortcomings are censured by ridicule, derision, burlesque, irony, or other methods, ideally with the intent of improvement;[1] often strictly defined as a literary genre or form, although in practice it can be found in the graphic and performing arts. Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its purpose is often not so much humour for its own sake as an attack on something strongly disapproved by the satirist, using the weapon of wit.

A common feature of satire is strong irony or sarcasm -- "in satire, irony is militant"[2] -- but parody, burlesque, exaggeration, juxtaposition, comparison, analogy, and double entendre are all frequently used in satirical speech and writing. This "militant" irony or sarcasm often professes to approve (or at least accept as natural) the very things the satirist actually wishes to attack.

Link

Now that is irony.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I don't think the poster above you was being serious, it seemed more like sarcasm to me.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Go ahead and do it but remember if you have the liberty to make fun of someone they also have the liberty to punch you in the face.
Don't start crying if you loose an arm.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
@carseller4

this is to correct your statement that the cartoonist of Mohammed with
a bomb is not dead.

However, the Danes only recently arrested a Muslim, who entered the
cartoonist´s house with an axe and a butcher´s knife to slaughter
the man and probably the 5 year old grand-child girl, who was with
him, giving him the tip of some unusual noise in the house, whereupon
both entered a safety room, installed by the Danish government, from
where they called the police, while the butcher was axing away at the
safety door.

@Gentill Abdulla

The other correction is for your attempt to manipulate history by
claiming that Mohammed was giving in to the beseeching of Abu Bakr
to marry his little girl.

It was exactly the opposite. Abu Bakr was under pressure from
Mohammed and tried to talk him out of it with reference to the
girl´s age. She was 4, when Mohammed fell in love with her to
the displeasure of Abu Bakr.

ref.: Mohammed and The Rise of Islam by Margoliouth, 1905, the world´s
most renowned English scholar of Islamic studies, see BRITANNICA

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Everyone is happy not making fun of muhommad, but not everyone is when they want to. It should be interchangeable. The extreme of not making fun of him is total silence. The only way to break that is the opposite extreme: total disrespect. It's either all free speech or none.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I don't think this women is doing a good thing by doing all this. We know that more than 24% of the population of the world is made up of Muslims and messing with their most iconic god is not a very good thing to do.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Most people miss 'the point' of the episodes airing mohammed.

ALL religious figures were disgraced in some way, but only ONE GROUP reacted threatening violence when their prophet was portrayed in the LEAST disrespectful way out of ALL the religious figures.

Everybody has the right to a point of view and a right to offend someone without fear of retaliation. Especially in America, the cradle of Democracy and Free Speech.

What South Park did was display to the whole world how backwards and barbaric Islam is. Instead of taking legal action or just ignoring it like the others, it had to post an indirect death threat to South Park.

Islam has no tolerance for anybody except itself and uses free speech to protest against free speech. It degrades women, stones homosexuals, executes women for being raped and employs a legal system where a mans word is twice that of a womans. These are the values Islam would love to important from their Islamic Utopia's such as Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Syria, Somalia, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Afghanistan...all the nice places of the world right?

So no, let's not just forget about it and brush it under the carpet. If someone or a group of people really dislike the freedom to express one's self, then recommend them and inform them of the Utopia's of non-offense listed above.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It is a fair issue - What is right to satirise and what is not? When politics is satirised it is just another tye of scrutiny that must be defended. so what is the difference for religion? And let's be honest, South Park has gone for the jugular with Christianity/Jesus - so why not other religions? (I know Jesus is a player in Islam as well).

I also agree with the original postee, by succumbing to death threats, this is actually doing our (Western) democracy more damage than any other thing (who next will make death threats that will start more censorship). If a religion cannot survive some cartoon - that isn't a good place for the religion [If you eliebv in God, He did give us a sense of humour].
I cannot understand what USA going around bombing other countries has anything to do with the postee. It has absolutely no relevance

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

Could be. Sometimes sarcasm goes right over my head.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This is funny to a certain point. Satire and cartoons are hilarious. Just i don't believe that drawing Muhammad in any obscure or more ethical manner will change any fanatics view on "freedom of speech" or most important their way of expressing this. If a fanatic extremist are fuelled with hatred against you, they don't have to ask for a reason to do so. Just the fact that you live and no matter what you do, will be an offend to them.

Is it really necessary to draw Muhammad, as our "symbol", to interpret our "freedom of expression, when we already know what that is ?
Personally i don't have to draw Muhammad in a fancy dress and high heels, to feel i have freedom. Or in other words, it's not what's gonna define it anyways.

I think all of this is hurting some muslim people. Some people that it is not intended to hurt.
So this is wrong. Not because some book say so. What's right or wrong, you don't have to read in a book. What you feel in you're heart, is all that matters...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by xSeraphim
Go ahead and do it but remember if you have the liberty to make fun of someone they also have the liberty to punch you in the face.
Don't start crying if you loose an arm.

Wonderful logic there. You dont have the "liberty" to commit acts of violence against other human beings in America. Even if the first person makes fun of you. One, (acts of violence) is illegal, the other, (making fun of someone) is not.

I think the Muslim extremists should think twice before attacking someone physically here in America. This isnt the peaceful, overly civilized, Netherlands. This is America. Land of the free, home of Nascar, fried bologna, and our own little contingent of extremists.

We have a pretty well armed populace, who already is pretty PO'd with Muslim extremists, and somehow I just dont think the Muslim extremists are going to come out on the good side of any fight they start here. As long as they are just running their mouths, (or keyboards) they can get away with it. If they actually do start killing or hurting people, the extremists may be the ones to "lose an arm."

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join