It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brown,Clegg,Cameron???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
so as the elections loom it's getting increasingly harder on which to vote for when I don't want to vote for any of the 3, but I know every vote counts,,,

lets discuss who are you voting for and why?

ITS ALL SO CONFUSING when they are blaming eachother for this and that....

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I will be voting for Labour personally, although not sure how much good it will do where i live.

My reasons are as follows.

a) If Labour get in again then the NHS and Armed forces will be safer than under a Tory government. (i've known both by the way)

b) I don't think enough people will vote for any of them to give an outright majority, which will lead to a hung parliament. I think this will be a good thing as there will be a wider group of people having a say in the way things are run.

I like Some of the Liberal policies and some of Labours...i think Cameron is a PR monkey.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by uptheirons!

I have also thought the same too.

I just don't see how any of them can do anything better without ripping us off or taking away more of our rights

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

Here are 3 websites that will help you choose based on who matches with you best.

glassbooth.org...
whoshouldyouvotefor.com...
www.votematch.org.uk...

And here are the 3 parties platforms.

Labour Party Manifesto

I thought the manifesto video was pretty cool, wish we had that kind of stuff here in the states.

Conservative Party Manifesto
Liberal Democrats Manifesto

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I think it'd be great if the Lib Dems got to at least 2nd, just to change things around.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Although the Tory policies more match my way of thinking, they are complete (insert) so will be sticking to voting LibDem.. which is ok, coz Norman Baker (our MP) went after this shower of * still in power over the Dr David Kelly killing.

Locally the Tory County council has not listened to local protests about the pay & display machines they are shoving everywhere even to the point of ignoring a 3 year bombing campaign.

They say they'll listen but like Liebor they'll ignore everyone and do as they wish.. As much as it stuffs things up I'd prefer a hung parliament to anyone one of those 3 * in power.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
i'm dreading the new margaret thatcher days id cameron gets in i really am.
I wonder how he can save our pubs and get us jobs???
does he think he is superman? to be able to pull our country out of debt

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Gordon Brown...talks about bringing the country out of the recession - and yet - who was the Chancellor that presided over the policies that took the country into recession? Oh yes... it was Gordon Brown. Nice job Gordon. Alistar Darling strikes me as someone who just puts a different face on Browns fiscal policies. He would be better suited to Thunderbirds - don't you think?

Cameron is Tony Blair from 13 years ago. He's a soundbyte politician. Some of his ideas make sense - particularly in removing wasteful practices from government. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to have backed his ideas up with any kind of financial plan. George Osbourne, the shadow chancellor is a nobody who inspires about as much confidence as the Chuckle Brothers.

Clegg makes sense in a lot of the things he says. The Lib Dems are the only party to have laid out a financial plan, and thats something of a start point. He does appear to be slightly fazed by his new found admiration though. On the plus side the Lib Dems finance guy, Vince Cable, is an utter genius and very straight talking.

I think we're heading for a slight Conservative majority with the Lib Dems holding the cards as far as hard decisions go. Could be interesting times indeed. I certainly did not forsee Clegg picking up so much momentum from the debates - but lets face it - its the first time we've seen him on an equal platform with the other two and its made a difference.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I am voting for none of them....

Every English person would do well to vote for these guys...

English Democrat Party

Edit to add.... The Youtube link does not work... Use THIS LINK

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

when i did all them online questions it came up bnp even when I did the opposite answers....

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Really, the English Democrats, the BNP and UKIP have very similar policies. I personally wouldn't want any of them running the country. That said, that these parties have at least some support, reveals a certain dissatisfaction with the main parties and feeling that nationalism is a dirty word in the UK.

Time for electoral reform? Labour could receive less votes than the Lib Dems and Conservatives and still have enough seats to form a government. How mad is that!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

To be fair, you are talking about Gordon Brown as if he caused the reccession......did you not notice that the rest of the PLANET experienced it as well?...he just ain't that powerful!

The reccession was caused by a few corrupt banks manipulating their figures and digging too deeply into the trough when gambling with our money.

Gordon Brown isn't perfect, and has made mistakes, but to blame the reccession on him is a bit much.

However, i do agree with most of what you say, and your comment about Vince Cable gets you the star!

[edit on 24-4-2010 by uptheirons!]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Brown helped destroy the world economy, so the english want to vote him in again, good policy.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
its like this for me.

i'm going to vote NONE OF THE ABOVE as a vote of no confidence, and if there isn't a box i'm going to make one. The reason is because whoever wins is not going to be able to solve any of the problems, there is a higher agenda to be kept so it makes no difference who wins. Plus if you vote for either red, yellow or blue then when it all goes done the tube you can hold yourself responsible. You'll be taking the tiny bit of power they give you and handing it right back to them.

personally i think it be a hung paliment because the bilderberg meetings is thought to be in june in spain, so they have there hung paliment where we go bankrupt, have workers strikes and that word they love to use on the news stations 'CHAOS'. just like last time, read your history. And then at bilderberg they decide the primeminister for the re-election.

either way the year is 2010, the future is now and we're all F***ED.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by uptheirons!

Excuse me??? The guy sold all our gold reserves at the lowest price without asking US if he could in a referendum.. That was OUR gold not his... That is theft from the British people and he should face jail for that alone!! That gold would have seen us through this recession... Then there is the well documented fact that this government opened the gates on immigration on purpose.... Now we not only have no money, but our resources are further depleted by people who should not be here... Skilled immigrants yes... None skilled and illegals no...

So if that was done on purpose then I think the whole mess was orchastrated to destroy this country too... Tories wont do no better.. They ALL have the same master..

I say do away with the LOT....

Where is Oliver Cromwell when you need him??

top topics

join