It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Ronald Reagans health declines, "only a matter of time", Networks preparing obituaries.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
This story is still developing. Reports are commng out of Hollywood concerning Reagans health. Rumors were floating around about his death earlier, but were reported as false. Something may be going though.

After Reagan dies, streets near the house in Belair will be closed. There will be NO annoucement of death from the house. Someone will call the news wires and announce where there will be an on-camera statement... Networks are preparing obituaries.

Hollywood sources tell LA Weekly columnist Nikki Finke that former President Ronald Reagan's medical condition has suddenly worsened. "He really took a downslide today," the insider told Finke Friday evening. "Doctors are at the house. Things aren't good." At the start of the day, several news organizations chased down a rumor that the ex-president had died, but it wasn't true... Family members gathered at the Reagan's Bel Air home late Friday... Developing...

drudgereport.com...
apnews.myway.com...
www.cnn.com...
www.foxnews.com...

I'm suprised he has lasted this long. The Regans are usually pretty quiet as to whats going on with Ronnie. I wonder whats really going on with him?

*edit to add links*

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by baked]

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by Nerdling]

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I'd say it's for the best since the poor man has had little recall of what reality is for several years. May his passing be painless and his journey be of light.

Reagan ended the cold war, we are forever in his debt!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

And oversaw the genocide of a generation of Gay men, doing nothing while "God's wrath" spread across America. Now that the epidemic has infected a half million straight people in the US (mostly teen girls) and brought the continent of Africa to it's knees, let us all reflect on the glorious achievements of outspending the "Evil Empire" with $600 toilet seats.

May his afterlife be a deserved one.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Everyone is dying. Some are closer than others.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
It's not much info, but it appears the White House has been informed...
hosted.ap.org...

Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
isn't the guy basically a vegetable now, death should be welcome relief to him and family, why let him live and suffer, the last time i heard about his health it was about his mind being so deteoriated that he doesn't even remember Nancy most of the time. go in peace mr reagan

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
You're right Sanctum.

PARIS (AP) -- Former President Ronald Reagan's health has deteriorated, the White House has been told. The White House was informed that the 93-year-old former president's health had changed significantly in the past several days, a person familiar with Reagan's condition said Saturday.

This is a kind of twisted coup for the RNC this close to elections. Let the Biographies roll and keep the press off the current issues.

Karl Rove is probably drooling ghoulishly over Reagen's body right now. I bet Bush's memorial speech is being written as we speak, if not already done. It can't be denied. Such is politics.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Isn't reagan one of the only people to let slip about aliens, funny how he went certifiable after that!!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   

And oversaw the genocide of a generation of Gay men, doing nothing while "God's wrath" spread across America. Now that the epidemic has infected a half million straight people in the US (mostly teen girls) and brought the continent of Africa to it's knees, let us all reflect on the glorious achievements of outspending the "Evil Empire" with $600 toilet seats.

So your saying that Ronald Reagan Develped AIDS? Boy.. now thats a rich one.. He might not had done much to combat the disease but I have not seen a president since that has erradicated it either..

As far as the $600 Toliet Seats.. Keep in mind that under Richard Nixon was developed the $500 coffee pots (for C-5 Aircraft), and Jimmy Carter had the famous $700 philips screwdriver. Bill Clintons Administration actually saw a short period of time when the State Department paid $150 for staplers that can be purchased at Wal-Mart for $3.

Ronald Reagan was not perfect.. but he was not the evil man that everyone claimes he was

I would not wish his suffering on the politicans that I do not like.. Let the man die in peace without insulting the past.. it was over 15 years ago since he left office. Are you that bitter?

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
mindsmog, funny you should mention that...

i have always felt that Reagan was purposedly quieted after his presidency to prevent him from talking about things, such as aliens, George Bush, and much much more.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
When I think Reagan the only think that comes to mind is (Oliver North and Iran contra hearings) and how Oliver North got out of it.

Reagan was an eight year presindent so he will be remember. Not that I was pro him.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Heck no that monkey co-star didn't have the where-with-all to invent AIDS. He was barely President.

But depite overwhelming public outcry and the best projections of health officials he did nothing...and I mean NOTHING about the 80's epidemic while the RNC bulldogs like Jesse Helms used the floor for their hate speech to block funding and research inititatives that could have us a decade closer to a cure, and saved millions of lives.

With the exception of Ryan White, every single case of AIDS in America is the result of committing the illegal act of sodomy. An abhorant act against God. An act the taxpayers do not support and the government should not promote with this research.
~ The esteemed Senior Senator from NC, Jesse Helms (R)

No. No President's perfect. And though this one was unusually short-sighted and inept, it just baffles me he continues to be one of the most beloved figures in American politcs. I'm just adding a little perspective on the RNC poster child. President Grandpa.

I don't wish him any ill will. But history is a b*tch. Facts are facts.

His administration's role in the Iraqi mess we endure now should not be overlooked. God, the homeless he created with the summary closing of nearly all federally funded mental health institutions. I mean I could go on forever about the guy. But I won't. Let the rally 'round the Reagen Legacy group reinvent him however they see fit.

He was a genius!
Best President ever. Let's kick FDR off the dime. Whatever.

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The Berlin wall came down due to Reagan's policies as President. I was serving a tour of duty in Germany and it was the greatest moment of happiness I ever experienced in seeing a nation divided finally reunited after 40 years. The joy was through out the air and it shimmered. You have Reagan to thank for pushing through the reuinification and disolving of the Soviet threat.

"General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
---Ronald Reagan

www.reaganfoundation.org...

The wind of change
Blows straight into the face of time
Like a stormwind that will ring the freedom bell
For peace of mind

Take me to the magic of the moment
On a glory night
Where the children of tomorrow dream away
in the wind of change

Winds Of Change - about the fall of the wall by the Scorpions

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by Regenmacher]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
He stood proud and with bold voice and pointing demanded of a Russian leader "Tear down this wall" and with such power made it clear there was no option. And it was done.

That is the one moment I can remember most about Ronald Reagan.

Today he is 93 years old and at this moment the oldest living president ever.

It would be Ironic if it is proven that through stem cell research done may years ago if laws then would have allowed he could have been spared this sad illness.

No matter what I think Reagan was a good man. And one thing is forsure he will not be forgotten.

Gazz

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   

The Berlin wall came down when Reagan was President and I was serving a tour of duty in Germany.

No it didn't. Bush was President November 9, 1989.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Your right, my bad...edited to reflect what I meant.

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by Regenmacher]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I hope that Reagan will be allowed a peaceful death soon. Alzheimer's is a tremendous strain for the entire family.

Regardless of one's politics, it is not for us to judge another. Or to wish them ill.

I do believe there is some possiblilty that RR was silenced in some way. Who knows what evil lurks in the heart and souls of Those Who Rule. I've even heard he was eaxposed to whatever when he was recuperating from his gunshot wound.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Not to seem insensitive but I thought he died a long time ago

The biggest thing I remember Reagan for was starting up the bogus "War On Drugs".

I remember a TV commercial once (this was during the time where I still smoked pot and was quite rebellious --well, the pot is gone but the rebellion remains *evil cackle*) where he looked straight into the camera and said "To those of you thinking of doing illegal drugs - BEWARE" and pointed his finger straight at you as if to say "We're watching you and you're in BIG trouble if we catch you".

Whenever I saw that commercial I was like "Wooooooooooooo, I am SO scared I'm shaking in my boots"

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Reagan has made a few refrences to UFO's while president.
Here are two:

In 1985, in December, while addressing high-school students in Fallstan, Maryland, President Reagan recalled his recent conversation with Gorbachcv. Reagan said, "I couldn't help but say to [Gorbachev] how easy his task and mine might be if suddenly there was a threat to this world from some other species from another planet outside in the universe. We'd forget all the little local differences and find out once and for all that we really are all human beings here on this Earth.

Again, in September, 1987, in a speech before the entire UN General Assembly, Reagan said, "Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us recognize the common bond that unites all humanity. How quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet I ask you, is not an alien threat already among us?"

www.geocities.com...

Spielberg, Reagan an UFO's

RONALD REAGAN said, while governor of California, "I was in a plane last week when I looked out the window and saw this white light. It was zigzagging around." "I went up to the pilot and said, "Have you ever seen anything like that?" He was shocked and he said, "Nope." And I said to him: "Let's follow it!" "We followed it for several minutes. It was a bright white light." "We followed it to Bakersfield, and all of a sudden to our utter amazement it went straight up into the heavens."

"When I got off the plane I told Nancy all about it, but we didn't file a report on the object because for a long time they considered you a nut if you saw a UFO..." Ronald Reagan - 1974

www.aufosg.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

I'm still convinced that George Bush, Sr. oversaw most of this evil. As I've grown older...I attribute less of the evil to Reagan. I think now, in retrospect, he was more human than he was given credit for and was an uninformed front man in a lot of things that we now use to tear him down. I hope that his passing will be peaceful. And I hope that Nancy can get some peace in her late years. She is to be commended for her dignity and grace and managing his estate and image. And I believe theirs was truly of love of a lifetime.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join