It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"South Park" airs censored episode after threat

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by discordantone
Freedom of speech absolutely and inherently gives a person the right to insult others. What you find offensive, others may not. Someone will always be offended by the words of another whether it be justified or simple hypersensitivity. It is not a right to not have your feelings hurt.

If offence being taken is the key to all this, then let me say that I am offended by someone, somewhere, deciding for me what I should see and/or hear. (and I imagine that goes for most people on ATS)

Well then why saying anything against Jews/ Holocaust and Israel is censored and even questioning Holocaust is criminal offense? Where is the freedom of speech here?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheol
Well then why saying anything against Jews/ Holocaust and Israel is censored and even questioning Holocaust is criminal offense? Where is the freedom of speech here?

Questioning the holocaust isn't illegal. Despicable, but not against the law.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

I agree, there isn't much need for respect, but the character was such a huge part of the show for so long that I was suprised he wasn't in it at all (at least I didn't see him if he was).

I kinda thought he was going to be the black guy nocking at the door.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Why "Hulu"? Just get it from their site:

www.southparkstudios.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

There was no respect. They went out of their way to slap him around.

Does there need to be? It's their show and the absolutely stupid & ridiculous reasons he left the show DESERVED to be mocked and ridiculed.

I'm not arguing that.
I am just stating that they did try pretty hard to ridicule him. Whether they were right or wrong, i don't care. I just watched it for the LULZ.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Absolutely outrageous that this was allowed to be censored. Every other religious figure has been on that show, why should anybody get special treatment. Because we are bombing the # out of their country's?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Dont know if anyone already added this but it is officla Comedy central buckled.

I watch the epsiodes on southparkstudios, as I am not in the US.

normally the new episodes are available to view for a few days directly after the premier.

Now there is this message

" We apologize, south park studios cannot stream episode 201 at this time. After we delivered the show and prior to broadcast, Comedy Central placed numerous additional audio bleeps throughout the episode. We do not have network approval to stream our original version of the Show. We will bring you A version of 201 as soon as we can"

Ladies and gentlemen. the "war on terror" is lost. The heart of American culture has been infected with fear. The 1st amendment is dead and only applies to special interest groups.

best start facing south east you lot! it the beginning of the end!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheol

That's a fine question and I fail to understand it myself. While it may be bizarre to many, considering the evidence, the ignorant are entitled to their opinion, too.

IMO, the restriction of speech seems to be based on the assumptions that i) the populace is far too stupid to critically assess the validity of one's comments and ii) it is better to legislate morality instead of letting a natural state of morality exist whereby people are forced to stand up and voice their agreement or disagreement on topics/issues with either the majority winning or a balance found.

I like to think most people have brains and know how to use them.

As for this topic, had the Muslims simply berated Matt and Trey for the episode I would have no issue with it. Calling for or implying that death is the result of exercising one's freedoms is a line crossed in my book.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
They seem to respect the freedom of speech, maybe this episode of south park was created to reinforce this belief, not necessarily to provoke trouble.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
Dont know if anyone already added this but it is officla Comedy central buckled.

I watch the epsiodes on southparkstudios, as I am not in the US.

normally the new episodes are available to view for a few days directly after the premier.

Now there is this message

" We apologize, south park studios cannot stream episode 201 at this time. After we delivered the show and prior to broadcast, Comedy Central placed numerous additional audio bleeps throughout the episode. We do not have network approval to stream our original version of the Show. We will bring you A version of 201 as soon as we can"

Ladies and gentlemen. the "war on terror" is lost. The heart of American culture has been infected with fear. The 1st amendment is dead and only applies to special interest groups.

best start facing south east you lot! it the beginning of the end!!!

'
Thank You.. Even The Great Minds Such As DaVinci ,Michelangelo, Galileo, Copernicus And Keppler, Even Albert Einstein Have Been Censored By TPTB That Censorship Has Trickled All The Way Down To The Fiction And Non Fiction Authors That Have Been Placed On Ban Lists! Wednesday April 21 Was A Very Sad Day For The American Constitution...
By That I Mean NOW They WILL Tell YOU What Is Appropriate To Watch.. Sad, Very Sad.. =T The Finger @ Comedy Central..

Comedy Central Clearly Folded!

For The 3rd Time Tip Of The Hat To The SP Writing Staff.. Its Good To Know That There Is At Least Some Good Artist/Writers Whom Will Not Be Bought, Nor Persuaded.. I Say Keep Pushing Buttons! Wake People Up, Weather It Be By Satirical Humor, Or Just Graphic Details That At The End Of The Day Makes More Sense Than Any Government Or Religion Can.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
So if a bunch of people actually end up participating in the "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day" coming up, do you guys think it will make matters worse, or help Matt and Trey?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by misfitoy
So if a bunch of people actually end up participating in the "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day" coming up, do you guys think it will make matters worse, or help Matt and Trey?

Who cares, but I'll be watching for some funny sheeeeet to pop up

Religion, workplace of fear to keep small people in line. God, an invisible boss who cant quit from.

Islam, the same thing without a union.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Yeah potsmoke we've been following this closely over on abovetopsecret. Thanks for this BIZARRE update expose!!

willyloman.wordpress.com... l-who-used-to-live-in-a-settlement-in-the-west-bank/

Problem is, Revolution Muslim was started and run by a “converted” Israeli settler who studied at an orthodox rabbinical school in Israel before becoming a settler in the occupied territories. You don’t think a orthadox Israeli settler would have any desire to see progressive Americans start to hate “radical Muslims” do you? You think “Revolution Muslim” helps or hurts the Israeli PR campaign after Operation Cast Lead and the Goldstone Report? Here’s the research your team should have done before you went out and spun-up the neoconish ”radicalized Muslim” hype for your progressive audience… “Revolution Muslim” is always there to say just the wrong thing to make Americans hate “Radical Muslims”. They praised the killing of Daniel Pearl with a childish puppet show. They sent “Get Well” wishes to the guy who shot those 13 people at Fort Hood.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by fieryjaguarpaw

I'm convinced they indirectly showed him as a squirrel, they showed a squirrel right after Buddah I think it was for about half a second, then they showed the censored Muhammed. No explanation to the squirrel at all.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Scope and a Beam]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Im watching an episode of South Park right now, im pretty sure its at least one of the part thats being discussed in this thread. Im in Canada and watching it on the Comedy Network.

Was there a first part to the episode that I missed? Im pretty lost in this episode haha.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91
Was there a first part to the episode that I missed? Im pretty lost in this episode haha.

Episode 1405 (200) is part 1, and episode 1406 (201) is part 2:

www.southparkstudios.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join