It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"South Park" airs censored episode after threat

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4ortunate1

Originally posted by Vicious Jones
reply to post by zerbot565

You do realize that they had Buddha snorting lines of coke throughout the episode right...

Hardcore buddhists won't even kill ants. Not much danger of violent reprisals with that lot.

Hardcore Buddhists eh!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

SNAP

I did it again... late to the party

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

Originally posted by Discotech
I'm suprised other religions haven't decided to start using terror threats to get their way as it seems to work awfully well for Islam.

I'm pretty sure most abortion clinics in the USA receive terror threats from fundamental Christian groups more or less daily.

Ahhh because abortion is just as bad as drawing cartoons...

I get ya... You on the ball dawg!!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by dragonsmusic

It wasn't a setup, news sources have been provided and it was the decision of Comedy Central to edit and censor both the visuals and audio references to Mohammed.

Not Trey and Matt

[edit on 22/4/10 by blupblup]

SOME. They fully intended to keep mohammod censored. But it seems CC went overboard and added more bleeps, probably to the name itself.

But not all.

The entire joke was about NOT being able to show or speak about mohammod. This just made it all the more apt.

Matt "Lets make an episode that barely broaches the subject of mohammod in cartoon form, and see what happens, make it a two parter and see what we can do! Throw in OLD stories for a good mix."
Trey "Great idea, ok!"

Matt "WOW, did you hear that Islamic group threatened us?!"
Trey "AHahaha It worked? Jesus... Lets do it.."

CC "Nope, after that threat, we're taking out ALL reference to mohammod."

But in the end, the entire joke was made ever more funny. It not only scraped the surface of the entire subject, it damn well ripped it a new one!!

Lmao

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

A Statement from Matt and Trey

In the 14 years we've been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn't stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn't some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle's customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn't mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We'll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we'll see what happens to it.

DAMN.....

Well wheres a fork, I have some words to eat...

8[

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
DAMN.....

This is why I try to read a thread before replying if it's less than 10 pages long.

If it's over 10 pages, I may not have time to read the whole thing, but if it's less than 10 pages, I really don't have a good excuse to not read it before replying.

But a number of other people also missed that important statement by Parker and Stone, not just you, glad you found it!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I've read the statement. That's why I specifically mentioned it in my post.

But there are other things than just the Tom Cruise being blacked out and the profit's name only being bleeped in the second episode that make me think it was planned. The biggest is the entire plot and concept. The entire first episode set up the idea that you couldn't show the profit. It just doesn't make sense that they would spend the first half of the story (ep200) all about how you can't show him, and even cover him up in a bear outfit, and say you can't show his feet or his eyes, and then just throw all of that down the drain in the second half (ep201) by not making or talking about covering him up at all.

Remember these are comedians. They like jokes. It's not impossible that they would pull an unusual joke on their audiance for their 200th episode.

But then again maybe not. I think if a few months go by and they stick to their story then I'll be convinced, but at this point I'm just not sure. Despite the fact that they say it's not a meta joke

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
Here is a link to Trey and Matt's response via www.southparkstudios.com...

And in case you don't want to click the link

Posted on: 04.22.10 A Statement from Matt and Trey In the 14 years we've been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn't stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn't some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle's customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn't mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We'll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we'll see what happens to it.

The ending didn't even contain anything about or saying of Muhammed, it was about fear and intimidation. Well, I guess the point was proven far better than they had planned on.

I wish their was a way for them to leak the full episode on line.

Damn, So the ending was censored by CC then. Talk about a load of horse****. I understand the fact that "The Prophet Muhammad" was bleeped out, while I'm not happy with it I can at least wrap my mind around it but bleeping out a final speech about intimidation and fear is b.s and somewhat confusing... now I really need to find this episode uncensored.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

"How is that a threat?," he told Reuters earlier on Wednesday. "Showing a case study right there of what happened to another individual who conducted himself in a very similar manner? It's just evidence."

Very well worded! Politically excellent!

Glad they censored it a bit though. Even as a sign of respect. Deliberately making any group of people angry is not good.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
reply to post by Vicious Jones

does freedom of speech grant you the right to directly insult , ?

----

yes, it does. in my opinion southpark should be put off the airwaves and be given it's channel, its just a funny ass sitcom which rides the waves of foul language with little or non of own ingenuity as far as story telling goes. don't forget the massive amounts of racism. south part is awesome.

Fixed

[edit on 23-4-2010 by SirPsychoSexy]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I don't get this. Why in the hell would anyone get upset at the mention of a name in a cartoon? So the hell what? A bit of cheeky satire against religion is no big deal. If they don't like it, then don't bloody watch it.

All all this bull about Islam shouting to the west and threatening us with death if we say anything against Islam? What in the hell is this world coming to. Talk about religious control!!

I don't understand Muslims. They are nice people but when it comes to them backing up their prophet I want to laugh. Their prophet was a cruel murderous paedophile. What does that say about their religion? Does that explain why they want to 'Chop' people for talking about their prophet?
See this website:

prophetofdoom.net...

Prophet of Doom is the best-documented, most comprehensive, presentation of Islam's five oldest and most reliable scriptural sources. Ishaq's Biography of Muhammad, Tabari's History of Islam, and Bukhari's and Muslim's Hadith, were used to reorder the Qur'an chronologically and to set its surahs into the context of Muhammad's life. When this evidence is evaluated systematically, the only rational conclusion is that Islam's lone prophet was a ruthless terrorist, a mass-murderer, a thief, slave trader, rapist and pedophile.

What does that say? South Park is a hilarious cartoon parody. Leave it alone. I think South Park have portrayed their prophet is a nice way and not the actual way........

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Why would you want to mess around with such a sensitive topic?
It's incredibly stupid given the political conditions worldwide.

I can't wait to see an episode of South Park making fun of the Jews and having a blast with the Holocaust.

I doubt that it will too, go unnoticed.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Ill tell you all what needs to be done.

We need to get dozens if not hundreds of people to draw images of Mohammad in offensive postures then we go to mosques and protest.

I think it will get the point across very well and be quite effective at showing the world what these terrorists are.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer
I think it will get the point across very well and be quite effective at showing the world what these terrorists are.

That's not a very good way to view this. Muslims are not terrorists. They are just like every other person in this world. It's their religion that's the problem. The fanatics/extremists use the religion to cause chaos and violence in the world. Not the people.

If u want to talk terrorism look at our governments. They are the biggest terror threat of the world!!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Some islamic groups flip out at the concept of M being criticised because they use him as a idol of God, blatant blasphemy by creating a icon incidently,

Their God is not the Lord of Lords...its muhammed, it is the icon of muhammed.

I am an agnostic, therefore I have clarity. Muhammed is the icon totem god that puts a man above a diety.

Out of all the religions of the world, the radical islam flavor is the most corrupt and destructive towards personal freedom. believe what we say and pray to a man, or be slaughtered is the teachings

I am speaking about the radical muslims incidently, not the moderate take it with a pinch of salt and have a post 12th century outlook on life.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by SaturnFX]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Well I bet RevolutinMuslim has yet to see "TeamAmerica: World Police" cuz if they did they wouldnt mess with them...JK, Seriously tho this just made that lil known mouslim group that much more known so kudos fo them in that aspect but all in all these guys are pseudo threatining the creators of South Park because it its disrespectful and what not...thats what they come to the table with... Its like the chicken being angry with the Easter bunny for laying eggs... The last thing i've got to say is with all that is turbulant in the muslim world today I feel they have bigger things on their plate then being pissy with a cartoon. Furthermore it shows them(their stance) as being intolerant of other opinions and all that we stero-typicaly associate with them... i bet Allah watches South Park.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by badw0lf
DAMN.....

This is why I try to read a thread before replying if it's less than 10 pages long.

If it's over 10 pages, I may not have time to read the whole thing, but if it's less than 10 pages, I really don't have a good excuse to not read it before replying.

But a number of other people also missed that important statement by Parker and Stone, not just you, glad you found it!

I've never let that stop me before

And it was up to page 5, and I'd been saying the same thing on other forums all along, so *thumbs nose raspberry* !!!

spewing tho...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by haika
Why would you want to mess around with such a sensitive topic?
It's incredibly stupid given the political conditions worldwide.

I can't wait to see an episode of South Park making fun of the Jews and having a blast with the Holocaust.

I doubt that it will too, go unnoticed.

Lol you don't watch south park do you.

That's already been done.

Sorry

(they cant show the cartoon, but the audio tells you it all)

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
why is the issue south park's insults and not about the public death threat from a world religion that appearantly supercedes our country's constitution and the corporation that bowed to it?

don't air the episode outside of america, the end. i think if you have a problem with that you can blow yourselves up or take a rusty knife to your own throat.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by shagreen heart]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skinon
It's SO stupid! This is all that religion really accomplishes. Honestly if i were Trey or Matt, id hire the mob or some other fanatical group and just have those weak minded IDIOTS exterminated like the cockroaches they are. To Allah, Screw you! i'm going home!

NO! This is all bastardized interpretations of religion amount too.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join