It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Weighs Merits of Solo Attack on Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259
Attack Israel right off the bat and hope they can't launch in time and if they do we can intercept?

undoubtedly u have not seen this video

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
undoubtedly u have not seen this video

I already know about that. But so do the Israeli's. Look at how deep they are in the American infrastructure. You don't think they couldn't mess with your stuff?

Airborn laser might be good for one or two nukes but it's useless for hundreds. You'd need everything you had to get them all and even then a few might get through.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259
Airborn laser might be good for one or two nukes but it's useless for hundreds. You'd need everything you had to get them all and even then a few might get through.

lol
Israel only has a lil over 300 nukes
if they fire a couple hundred at the US
they won't have any left over for the Arab
countries. Sure, some may get through
but guess what??

We have over 300 lobbed right back at
Israel. It would be suicide to launch 200
at the US when they have closer enemies
at their borders. And they hate them a hell of a lot
more than they hate us.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The only problem I see is if Israel attacks Iran alone, Iran will still attack US, UK et al assetts in the ME so they get dragged into the conflct..

But personally I think a lot of back room deals are being done right now between US, China and Russia to deal with that situation.

One possible outcome that no one seems to discuss is the possibility that the World (meaning US, China and Russia) will turn on BOTH nations to force regime changes and peace treaties on the ME..

If the coporates rule the world then the removal of these adversaries will keep the oil flowing and allow real exploitation by the all sides of the area's natural resources.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
Israel only has a lil over 300 nukes
if they fire a couple hundred at the US
they won't have any left over for the Arab
countries. Sure, some may get through
but guess what??

They won't fire them all at the US. They will fire them at the worlds capital cities in dozens of different countries.

We've got a US missile shield down here in Australia but what will the other nuclear armed nations do? MAD?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
boy I bet the Mediterranean Sea
right now is a buzzing pretty hot
with so many different Navy's in
close proximity. Let's not forget
sea battles in this lil escapade

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
reply to post by Curio

A claymation Larry King with Steven Hawking's voice is not the way to get your message across. Damn, that creeped me out. By the way, I agree with most of the comments on the video on Youtube. Feth Israel.

I agree it was a bit creepy - but the message was perfectly clear. I'm not sure what "feth" means, but you would act the same if you were in Israel's shoes. Don't think you would? Well then you probably would have ceased to exist a long time ago...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

why would one act the same if they were in israels shoes? nothing they have done has been for the greater good. everything that country does only benefits itself. the single most selfish country in the world. we give them billions a year in aid, technology, and never criticise them ever. how are we repaid by our allies? well they want to see if they can start a war and then have us fight it for them. wow what allies!

i think here is a better analogy. consider on a playground full of kids there is a rich bully midget. he goes around trash talking all the other kids on the playground and stealing things from them. none of the other kids ever say anything to him because he has a gun. in the bullies mind if he ever looses his advantage, meaning one of the other kids on the playground gets a gun instead of behaving himself better because the other kids have guns he just starts shooting everyone else even if it means him getting killed.

that is what the samson option is. take the whole world down with you than rather lose your nuclear edge over your lesser neighbors. i can thankfully say that no i would not do this if i was in israels shoes. i also hope that no one else would. it is a purely psychopathic mindset. no sane person would want to nuke the world. thats something evil villans do in cheesy bond movies, not sane logical thinking people.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
that is what the samson option is. take the whole world down with you than rather lose your nuclear edge over your lesser neighbors. i can thankfully say that no i would not do this if i was in israels shoes. i also hope that no one else would. it is a purely psychopathic mindset. no sane person would want to nuke the world. thats something evil villans do in cheesy bond movies, not sane logical thinking people.

And there you have the collective mind of Israel and its people in a nutshell...

Being the poor, perpetual victims they are, rather than negotiate peace in good faith, they'd much rather wipe themselves and their neighbours out in a mushroom cloud...Psychopaths to a man...

Worse than caged, rabid animals if you ask me
At least animals don't have a concept of their own behaviour and can't be held accountable for their actions...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I don't think they will do it. This is the kind of enemy they would usually rely on the US to take care of. Iran is even more powerful than Iraq and many times more powerful than Lebanon. Unlike Lebanon or Syria they would have to fly through the air space of a number of countries possibly including Iraq. I'm not sure if the US would allow that if the attack was not authorised by the white house.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I think the way the US admin has changed it mindset over Iran lately is a sort of code amongst world powers that the US have in fact given Israel the "green light" to attack Iran.

I also think if Israel takes significant casualties,the USA will jump straight in to back them up.

Not good at all.
Big potential for escalation IMHO.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

i completely agree. in the media they drone on and on about americas "cooling relations" with israel over the aprtheid and displacement of palestinians in jerusalem. this is all a bunch of hogwash. if there was a real colling of relation you would think at the very least we might cut some of our aid to israel, say cut it from 3 billion a year to heaven forbid 1 billion a year. there has been no such action. privatley obama just pledeged that israel and america have an "unbreakable bond." why would any country have an unbreakable bond with anyone? if that country acts crazy we still have to support them and give them 3 billion a year? that isnt what an allie would do. what we really have with israel is a slave/master relationship. it is very obvious who the master is.

anyway i completely agree with you. this is all bull honkey public relations trash. there is no cooling of relations. the us is just trying to create false distance from israel so if they act like psychos, we can say "oh well they didnt tell us" then the next week when their being bombed to oblivion we have to bail them out in syria and iran, pledging more blood and treasure for our thankless psychopathic "allies"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join