It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Weighs Merits of Solo Attack on Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Israel Weighs Merits of Solo Attack on Iran

online.wsj.com

More worrying to Israeli strategic planners examining possible attack scenarios is the possibility that Iran would respond to an Israeli attack by ramping up support to groups battling U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, according to recently retired officials familiar with the military's thinking on Iran. If American soldiers start dying in greater numbers as a result of an Israeli unilateral attack, Americans could turn against Israel.

Iran could also disrupt the world's oil supply by cutting off exports through the Persian Gulf, roiling international oil markets.

"What will Ameri
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
intresting article on the potential for the israelis to go full crazy. you can really see the gears turning in the warmongers heads... hmmm what to do? how badly can we screw the americans and get away with it?

i wonder if they are cooking up another USS liberty for us.
with friends like these, who needs enemies.

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This whole middle east mess reminds me of the TV show "Lost", and why I gave up on it. Every time you think something is going to happen to resolve ANY of the issues, something else comes along and dumps a great big wet blanket on the whole situation, dragging out the tension and benefiting nobody. It's almost like the tension in the middle east is just another MSM distraction, but from what?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Do you have to subscribe to read the full article?
Just when it seem to get interesting, it hit me with a subscribe now button, anyway to read the full article?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic

intresting article on the potential for the israelis to go full crazy. you can really see the gears turning in the warmongers heads... hmmm what to do? how badly can we screw the americans and get away with it?

Look their opinion has been stated enough times.

This is what they think

Israel isn't going to let Iran get nukes. Iran needs nukes to protect itself from Israel and the US. And the US thinks it needs to attack Iran to defend itself and Israel.

This will just go round and round in circles until Israel attacks or Iran gets a nuke.

I think though at the end of the day the Israeli's might be begging to realise we in the West aren't actually very friendly toward them. Personally I don't see any reason why we'd choose destroying out traditional relationship with the Arabs over Israel it has no actual value to the West.

Oil however does and our ultimate loyalty should be to ourselves and cheap oil.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by belial259

your right, there is no reason we should support israel especially after the war crime of the USS Liberty but we support them no matter what. Infact obama just renewed his undying support for them... i wonder if it has to have anything to do with dual citizens being in the whitehouse and controlling most of finance and media... no couldnt be that.

on another note though i was glad to hear that general petraeus say outright that our bending over again and again for israel was losing us the wars in the middle east. its about time someone said the obvious.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
S & F

Israel reminds me of a neighbour who was recently forced to depart this area

For a while, she had a ball, turning neighbour against neighbour. Then, when factions emerged as result of her paddle-stirring, she pitted faction against faction

It went on and on. And during the entire time, she was finangling freebies for herself and her property

Word went around early that she was considered 'nuts'. She was a control freak who undertook to stick hand printed threats on people's cars and fences under cover of darkness. She defamed people all over the place. She preached and whined and played victim any time anyone protested. But she never practiced what she preached. For example, she stuck notices all over the underground car-park, warning people their vehicles would be impounded, etc. Then she parked in tha exact same spot herself

She was a narcissist who couldn't stand for the attention to drift from herself. She believed it her right to dictate to and dominate all around her. She lied and made insane, self-aggrandising boasts about her 'power', her 'connections and contacts' and her non-existant qualifications. Made others lives a hell of confrontations, threats, bullying, etc

But in the end, she was brought down and exposed. She'd gone too far --- which is the hallmark of insane idiots

Cost her her job, therefore her mortgage, therefore her property

She left limping. Our neighbourhood's gain must surely be some other neighbourhood's future pain. People like her can't and don't stop until they're put underground -- permanently

But wow --- it was so great to see the back of her
. The entire neighbourhood immediately felt lighter and brighter. People were able to relax and enjoy their own homes and yards for a change. We were talking of having a celebratory party in the park, with fireworks, etc.

But in the end, we just gave thanks without much noise. And as we passed each other in the road, we'd say, ' Hey, did you hear so-and-so has gone ! ' And we'd grin to each other the way I imagine the mid-east will when Israel is forced to pack its goods and chattels and vacate the region

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
well this article tells me right away
that if Israel is thinking of doing
this alone ... that Obama is not gonna help.

That is probably the reason why Netanyahu
was so po'd when he left the WH last month.

Netanyahu has just tipped his hand
to the enemy.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I'd really like to see what NATO has been suggesting. That Russia get in on the missile shield.

Lets just build one around the middle east and then leave. Let the Israeli's fight if want. They can be our enemies if that is what they feel they need to do and I won't hold it against them.

But why should our safety be jeopardised because they're in a fix they don't know how to solve? Why should we risk a world war over this?

I say we just surround them with enough interceptors to stop both the Israeli nukes from the Samson option, and any possible Iranian nukes in development and then wash our hands of the whole issue.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

israel has subs capable of launching nuclear weapons. irans farthest reaching ICBM can only hit around poland, though they are probably working on something better right now. no missle sheilds will protect us from the nuttiness of the middle east. im not much of a religious person but this has all the makings of something very very bad. israel has no qualms with using nukes. and especially the concept of the samson option. ive talked to some on the internet that actually believe this crap! "oh we got to nuke them so they cant nuke us." are there no sane people on this earth anymore?

sadly i wish you could just put up a wall and let them fufill their apocolyptic dreams, but in todays world there is no escape from the crazies.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259

Look their opinion has been stated enough times.

This is what they think

That video is brilliant. So few people seem to understand the Israeli mindset and that video hits the nail on the head. It should be required viewing around here!

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Curio]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Israel is going to attack Iran eventually the question will be was it too late. Iran will use Syria, Hezbollah and Hamas as it pawns. Israel is just delaying the inevitable. That area of the world is so bent on Israel's destruction they will use an aggression from Israel as an excuse for a full fledged war. Also I think they are not ready for the war they are trying to postpone it for sure. Once China and Russia buy into the Iranian cause as the victim of the Jews this one will be left for the historians to dissect.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthquakeNewMadrid2010

to me it seems russia and china are just trying to play it neutral. iran bought the s-300 anti air missles in '07 and russia still hasnt shipped them because israel dosnt want them to. china and russia are not helping the us and israel, but they arnt really helping iran either. it appears israel tried to bribe syria earlier this year with giving them their own land back in the golan heights, if they stopped supplying hezbollah but it looks like syria said no now israel is thretening the syrian president with regime change. i have never seen a country so tiny with so much power. but all their hubris will be the end of them one day.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by TheRepublic]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

A claymation Larry King with Steven Hawking's voice is not the way to get your message across. Damn, that creeped me out. By the way, I agree with most of the comments on the video on Youtube. Feth Israel.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

to me it seems russia and china are just trying to play it neutral. iran bought the s-300 anti air missles in '07 and russia still hasnt shipped them because israel dosnt want them to. china and russia are not helping the us and israel, but they arnt really helping iran either. it appears israel tried to bribe syria earlier this year with giving them their own land back in the golan heights, if they stopped supplying hezbollah but it looks like syria said no now israel is thretening the syrian president with regime change. i have never seen a country so tiny with so much power. but all their hubris will be the end of them one day.

Israel will not go down without taking down half the world. They have nukes and they have the best military in the world yes better than the US. Their reserves are the equivalent of our special forces. The Arabic forces will be routed only thing that will win it for them is numbers.
[edit on 21-4-2010 by TheRepublic]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

to me it seems russia and china are just trying to play it neutral.

really ???
where pray tell did Iran get it's latest
upgraded centrifuge then ???

somebody has stabbed somebody
in the back !!!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
if I were the Middle East Islamic country right now
I would disperse and scatter every division
so as not to clump them in one spot.
Or either send them underground til
the first strike is over. Can u imagine the horror
of what they see when they emerge
from underground???

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

the israelis run on this myth of invincibility. they arnt that great. ive heard they have pretty good pilots and i can believe that. but as for ground forces they got beaten around in 06 in lebanon. egypt also launched a sucessfull attack on them in the yom kippur war and they had many casulties. they are much better trained and equipped than their neighbors but they still bleed like anybody else. if you were to take away the 3 billion in aid a year and all the military tech and equipment weve given them israel would either be much nicer to its neighbors or it wouldnt exist.

but now we have a suicidal psychopathic samson state with over 200 nukes.

Van Creveld was quoted in David Hirst's "The Gun and the Olive Branch" (2003) as saying "I consider it all hopeless at this point. ... We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen, before Israel goes under." He quoted General Moshe Dayan: "Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother

my my my... what lovely people.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

but now we have a suicidal psychopathic samson state with over 200 nukes.

Well the powers that be should know this already. I saw a thread earlier today mentioning the USA was redrawing it's plans for an attack on Iran. But honestly if they aren't willing to be in the middle east for another 20-30 years they need to start drawing up plans to hit Israel instead.

We can't allow them to go rogue. If they do they're a much bigger threat to the world than any other country in the middle east.

So either they attack Iran. Israel or both.

I don't want to attack Iran but what choice to we have? Attack Israel right off the bat and hope they can't launch in time and if they do we can intercept?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
This seems to be the same mentality as many had in the schoolyard. There was always that "friend" who would pick fights and expect all his mates to jump in and back him up.

You soon learn to choose your friends more wisely...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join