It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relinquishing the Ego

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Here is an exercise I have been using to experience the wonders of the higher self. I have had some awesome fun results.

Stop controlling everything. Just go with the flow of things. Follow the voice in your head, your intuition, and just go. Let go, and allow the higher self to take care of you, and guide you.

You have to take the ego and set it aside. That thing that you get when you think you are better than someone else. That thing within you that desperately tries to stay ahead of the pack. Take that feeling and chain it up. We are all the same and equal. Someone who is in a higher position of power is not any better than the man asking for change on the street. You must be able to see yourself in the eyes of others, regardless of who they are and what they have done.

Feel gratitude and joy whenever possible. There is nothing wrong for being thankful. The secret to enlightenment and success is the ability in seeing the opportunities problems can create. Never dwell on the problem. Instead, be happy and thankful for it, for you will learn something from it. There is really no such thing as good and bad, essentially, it is how you perceive it. In other words, you are the architect of your own reality simply by how you perceive things to be. One may feel sad, while the other might feel joy regarding the same problem. You accomplish this by increasing your consciousness, or awareness. Never judge, NEVER. For there is always something new to learn from all that is considered "evil". The powers that be are good AND bad. It is how you perceive them that matters. Remember, seize the moment, and look for the opportunity.

It is the Ying and Yang. There is ALWAYS something good in bad, and something bad in good. The trick is to realize that something.

When Mozart wrote his symphonies, he wrote them note by note, perfect the first time. It was almost as if he tapped into a higher power, and allowed the music to write itself. He trusted in that the notes that were being written on the page were perfect, and there was no need to erase.

Have you ever been passionate about something that got you going? Like speaking of a particular subject you love? It's almost as if the words you speak are coming from somewhere else. That my friend, is the higher self. The "Jesus Christ" within us all. Always follow the voice within. Never allow anything external to come between you and the "Jesus Christ" within you.

So in conclusion,

Go with the flow, let go of your ego, feel gratitude and joy at all times, no matter how horrible the situation may be and trust the voice within, your higher self.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Nice post. I don't think the religious overtones are necessary (and might turn some off), but still, this is good advice.....

From a psychological (psychodynamic and its derivatives) approach, I would say the following quote is actually the OPPOSITE of 'relinquishing one's ego.'

Originally posted by Davidius
Just go with the flow of things. Follow the voice in your head, your intuition, and just go.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I'm not totally sold on this relinquishing the ego stuff. I really like my ego, it's huge and shiny and much better than everybody elses.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I want to correct you on one part. Don't listen to the voice inside of your head. It is a product of the ego and it often times will confuse you with contradictions and reason you can't do something. Instead listen to your gut or your heart. How do those feel when you have a thought. If they are tight or tense then rethink until they feel open and free.

And I agree the thread was good, there is negative and positive aspects to everything in reality and it's all about which we focus upon but Jesus Christ was just a man in my opinion that may or may not have had a greater understand of all this.

It's my opinion and belief that there is only one being within us and greater than ourselves and that's the universe, the Earth, the humans, animals and plants as a whole, all lumped into one, the all that is.

S+F

[edit on 21-4-2010 by SeeingBlue]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Aren't you the guy who made the "I am the Creator" thread?

If that's the case, then I say no thanks.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Davidius

To truly evolve we do need to relinquish our ego - however some of the things you said aren't completely right...

For example, you must completely let go of all your surroundings, and that includes all influences. The only influence you need is your higher self. Once you are able to obtain that you are on the right path. It is not an easy process, in fact I've been pondering leaving the society I live in, and going to live a simple life out near the Amazon and truly 'finding myself' - however you can not force your higher self to come to you, you must be willing and able.

I don't know if I'm ready yet, but I will figure it out. As all of you will in due time as well. Peace, love & light to you all

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
umm this has nothing to do with relinquishinig the ego

this is making the prison cell of ego look nicer...

ego is relinquished by SEEING it, not hiding from it
its going into the darkest pits of your inner self you can imagine

your relinquish by seeing it, and seeing it will horrify you...but its the only way through
through of course to see it was never there to go through in the first place

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
ego is a form of identification of, ourselves in relation to our surroundings, produced by an emptyness resulting from the divisive system in which we develop the imbalanced sense of ourselves and our connection to creation.

to let go of some-thing there must be some-thing 'held onto'...which there is, as the ego is active in a process externalizing our inner connection with creation, upon 'things' to hold on to and let go of.

this is cyclical, perhaps, as the ego can fixate, and 'hold onto', on thousands of 'things', and thus "let go" of a million more.

instead of viewing ego combatively as the object to be eradicated, we could prosper more by quieting its presence as an artifact of this system by recognizing our own true nature.

~WHOLENESS & ONENESS~

two great practices for activating your energetic heart are breathing and nature.

all the ancient spiritual practices define 'breathe' interchangably with 'soul' and 'spirit'...and this for a reason.
all, nearly, the early american writers spoke of the peace and insight found in experiencing the pristine origins in nature.

+ + + may you allready see your are what you see to find + + +

∞LOVE∞

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Good post. Good content. The idea is a good one. The true condition and the karma present and dormant to manifest later will remain a nearly impenetrable obstacle. Never the less, good habits and disciple are very constructive and beneficial in their own right.

top topics

join