It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How could you contact ET?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Hey, Mr Smoke Jaguar....... interesting reply!

Is there any chance you could elaborate a little bit on your story? You can't leave us all hanging with 'and that's when things started to get a little wierd....' !

Thanks,

John

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

The laser idea applies to what i said before aswell, plane's or helicopter's are recognizable by its beacons, movement, shape and sound and they wouldn't be luminous red or green hehe

You'd be surprised....

I grew up around tarmacs and military airfields, and I can identify most aircraft on sight (and some even by sound)...but even I can be fooled depending on the angle, etc. of the aircraft...

For example, once, I was at EPCOT in Orlando. The whole crowd (during a show even) was looking up at the sky, at a strange looking object. I too, couldn't identify it. Luckily though, I had my binoculars (to better see the show)...and was able to then see if was a lone F-18, just at an angle where it was turning slightly, in a way that made it seem as if it was hovering)...

We can ALL be fooled by our own eyes...(and ears in this case, as the noise of the park seemed to drown out any engine noise)....

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
pick up the Ultra Meditation System from Mind-Tek. just Google it. will help you learn to meditate.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Millions

My apologies, I did not mean to leave anyone hanging. The only reasons I did not post the whole account is that I have posted it several times on ATS before and I also did not wish to derail the thread with my own experiences either as that would be egotistical and rude.

However seeing as you asked to read more then I will post what I saw back in 2008 and apparently because I asked via meditation...

The date was the 8th of May 2008: time about 03:00

I had been meditating in my garden on my back. I had been looking up into a very clear sky and it was filled with stars, my favourite kind of night. For about an hour I had been focusing on a bright star almost right above me and had been imagining focusing a stream of consciousness up to the point where space meets the atmosphere.

I recognize that this sounds nuts but I had read on ATS that this was a good way to “zone UFOs” in and though I was quite sceptical I have an open mind on such things and was determined to give it a try just in case it worked. I meditate a lot anyway so I had nothing to lose by trying it out and maybe much to gain. That was how I rationalised it at the time.

Anyway I was focusing my mind or consciousness up into the sky, imagining a thin beam of thought or energy coming from my forehead and spreading out in a disc like oil on water hundreds of miles above me. When I was satisfied I was doing this correctly and satisfied that I was able to maintain this concentration I was asking for contact and sending up feelings of good intentions and a wish to see something that could blow away the many doubts I had on the subject of the UFO phenomenon.

I was so methodical that I sent up these “communications” only as I breathed out. I was even careful to make sure these silent words stayed within the imaginary disc I spread out at the top of the stream of thought I was projecting.

Nothing was working and very disappointed I stopped concentrating after about an hour and more or less was about to give up and get up with an intention of going to bed.
Right at the moment that I was about to get off the ground there was a sudden flash of intense white light off to the left of where I had been looking straight up. The flash of light was fast and lasted barely a second but was very bright and got my attention fast. From the flash there was suddenly a tiny but bright satellite and it was taking a path that would take it almost directly over my house.

At first I was thinking ‘cool a satellite’ but I was also perplexed about the intense white flash it had come from and the diffuse nature of it. Things took an even weirder turn as suddenly the satellite flashed a rich blue and VERY defined cone of light aimed toward the north. The light was intense and like nothing I had seen before. It was of such a highly defined intensity it was almost a solid triangle. The flash of blue triangular light lasted only split second but I was looking straight at it so there was no mistaking what I was seeing.

In response there was a second flash of intense white omnidirectional light exactly the same as the one that had got my attention focused on the satellite. From this second light there was a second satellite closing in with the first one as it moved over my house. Their speed was similar and the distance between the two I cannot say but I have seen enough satellites to know they were at extreme altitude, well beyond the height of any aircraft. The distance from the two satellites would be blocked if I pointed my arm straight up and blocked them with four fingers.

The second satellite flashed a very intense red cone of triangular light at the first satellite as it closed the distance and the response was another flash of blue light aimed at the second satellite. This then responded with a second flash of red conical light and then they merged with a flash of white omnidirectional light.

After the flash was gone there was just the first satellite moving now over my house and I had got to my feet by now without taking my eyes of the scene even once. I backed up as the satellite started to become obscured by my roof and about five seconds after the merger of the two the satellite started winking on and off a bright orange.

At one point during this sighting I mentally questioned if I was hallucinating for some reasons and looked away briefly, swore a few choice words and then looked back at the sighting. The UFO was still there and its orange blinking was not a strobe, more a sporadic lighting, on and off at twice the speed a man blinks roughly but at points it sped up and then slowed and repeated.

I eventually lost it and it was blocked from view by my roof and I even broke my fence and fell on my back as I backed up as I was so intensely focused on watching this phenomenon that nothing else was in my mind except to soak it up and not to miss a thing.

I rushed through my house to the front and it was gone. No clouds in the sky just stars.

I was extremely vocal about what I had seen the next day and I did not care who I told. Bad move I might add. The long and short of it is I ended up separated from my wife for eight months to a year and I went into a terrible spiral of depression and confusion. I had seen what I had hoped I would see but it had turned my life upside down to the extent that now I lived alone with my dog in a one bedroom flat.

No one believed me and my friends became distant my wife begged me to pass it off a joke but for all that I stuck to my guns and maintained that what I had seen had been no joke and had been a fact. Perhaps things might have turned out differently if I had rushed into the house and grabbed a camera but that said had I taken that course of action all I would have had for my troubles would have been blurry images of a light against a dark backdrop.

To give a frame of measurement the white flashes of light that the UFOs had emerged from where about the size of the nail of my index finger. The triangular red and blue lights where about the same size, and the whole incident from the moment of the first flash of light to the moment I lost sight was roughly ten seconds.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yes, totally true, my own perception has also failed me before.

All i can reply to what you said is... I guess i would have to be 100% sure it is a 'UFO', but that can also be ignoring your point at the same time

Is it possible to get a portable radar or anything that can tell you about the aircraft in the airspace around you? This may be a good thing to use to filter out the human made aircraft.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

Smokejag, thank your for having the guts not share your experience here. Don't think its not appreciated!

BTW: Your pint is getting warm here in SD

EDIT: Sorry, didnt read the whole thread thru

[edit on 20-4-2010 by NightVision]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Wow you have answered my post, hehe

That seems to be a good way of contacting them then, as you fully well know. meditation might be more usefull than i thought, it makes my ideas look silly and probably appears silly to them aswell hehe.

I read your story and its ashame your friends and wife didn't beleive you
. I reckon to prevent this from happening, you could leave a camera on record while meditating, so if you capture such an event you wouldn't have to worry about people keeping distant from you.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
lasers are a bad idea.....first from the "hitting a aircraft pilot" reason to secondly the size of the beam....way too small.

get a powerful LED flashlight that has a "flashing" or "blinking" option....and use that...trust me...LED's are very very bright and the repeated flashing will be seen from very far away.....some even have multicolored "flashes" that you can see from miles away.

LED flashlights are the best bet.

AG

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision

I must say my curiousity is burning. What happened after the flash of white light? I must know!

BTW: Your pint is getting warm here in SD

The short version is all my so called friends deserted me, my wife almost divorced me and my kids got scared because their dad would not stop talking with great passion about the things he saw all because he meditated and asked to see some proof.

And then my life fell apart because I would not back down and before I knew it I was living away from my family and slipping in and out of depression because I could not reconcile or explain what it was that I had seen. The machines were not aircraft, they were not satellites and I would not deny what I had seen even when my wife begged me to deny it for the girls. I saw what I saw and I will never deny it.

As it turned out my wife then had her own UFO encounter shortly after we got back together and it was she who in a very shocked voice asked me “What is that?” I turned round to find a white-blue light drifting over our house at a height of several thousand feet though distance was difficult to judge as it was late evening.

At first we thought it might be a plane but there were no strobes and there was total silence. Anyway by the time it “folded” in on itself (three points of light coming together) and zipped off towards Edinburgh castle we both knew it had been no aircraft.
Fact seems to be much stranger than fiction these days

By the way something since that night has changed me in a way I cannot describe either - I am much calmer about life and much more relaxed about pretty much everything with a new thirst for the great outdoors.

PS: As to pints well I am not much of a drinker but I have to admit to taking a liking to pear cider = chilled perfection (salivates).

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpha Grey

Yeah you perfected my idea of lasers to suit the law
, its a good idea that you say mate.

Another advantage of using LED's is there cheap and are easy to get hold of. So theres something i would have to try out at night time. I am also visiting America again this summer, this time am going to California and again visiting Arizona on a road trip

[edit on 20-4-2010 by jonnyc55]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

if it wasn't for personal experience i'd say you were nuts and wonder how you were sane enough to order a big mac. but alas it's exactly as you say. 3 times now i have seen things up close simply by meditating on a star. of course most of the time nothing happens and ive wasted many hours, but hey, if ya never throw your pole in the water you'll never catch the big one. the catch is though that you have to see one first in order to believe enough to waste nights meditating on stars. a chicken or egg type conundrum, no? p.s. i did the whole over the top obsession for about a year after i realized it wasnt nerdy scifi garbage also!

[edit on 20-4-2010 by riffraff]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnyc55

Originally posted by jonnyc55 reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

Wow you have answered my post, hehe
. That seems to be a good way of contacting them then, as you fully well know.

Something certainly happened that night and unless the whole thing was a huge coincidence then it would seem that they are up there in large numbers because it only took me a short time relatively speaking to get the result I was hoping for.

Originally posted by jonnyc55 meditation might be more usefull than i thought, it makes my ideas look silly and probably appears silly to them aswell hehe.

I would not worry about your ideas beings considered silly as I have a suspicion that we have a tendency to beat ourselves up probably more than is necessary. I think what matters is that you consider the whole research and search for your truth as a journey in a way and that you should enjoy it – even when at times you find yourself with a flat tire or a diversion in the road.

Originally posted by jonnyc55 I read your story and its ashame your friends and wife didn't beleive you

My friends showed their true colours and their lack of faith in me just proved to me that there was always a reason why I have always loved the company of animals above humans. As to my wife lack of belief in me, well I think she had been negatively influenced by fair weather friends to conform to what they considered normality and this would have meant she had to reject what i was telling her – there really is something to the UFO hypothesis.

Originally posted by jonnyc55 I reckon to prevent this from happening, you could leave a camera on record while meditating, so if you capture such an event you wouldn't have to worry about people keeping distant from you.

I did have a camera in the house but I should mention that the event was so shocking and happened so quickly that had I rushed for my camera then I would have missed it and even if I had taken some photos they would have been inconclusive as it was not the detail of the UFO’s that was awesome to watch, it was the behaviour and the strange near solid lights they exuded and a very strong sense of euphoria I experienced that today I still cannot express in a way that would do it justice.

I will go out on a limb and say I was “noticed or noted” or something likes that because my life has changed in a way that is difficult to describe other than to say I feel enriched? I went through what can only be termed a rebirth but not in the religious or spiritual. I cannot adequately describe it but I am certainly no longer afraid of anything.

Since I have come back together I can deal with anything and I am not worried about anything not even dying or being robbed or the state of the planet. I can only describe the feeling as patiently waiting for something and I can wait right up to the moment I die of old age if need be but one drawback is I watch the skies quite often and the last time was Saturday.

That was a bad idea as I was in a sea Kayak in choppy deep Scottish water and in looking up into the sky I paid the price, lost balance and I ended up underneath my kayak in very cold sea water

Yes I know the topic is quite strange but I am trying to describe the new me that resurfaced from the depression or the days I spent alone in that flat with my dog trying to piece together what it was that I had seen and the emotional response to the sighting that felt as if it did not come from me – download or overload, delusion or madness?

I saw what I saw so am not deluding myself and if I am mad then it is very insidious because I have been very careful to keep a watchful eye on the health of my mind and so far I have had no concerns so mad I am not.

Another thing I wish to tell you is that when you have your first encounter I think you will find that you will have more because that is what has happened to me and I am no longer so concerned about looking for UFO’s more about hoping for a face to face meeting with one of their pilots and they can be Grey, secret space navy human or reptilian I do not care, I just want to have a conversation and find out the real truth about all this around us.

If you do not mind I will post you the second encounter that I had with my wife, my dog and two very shocked looking ambulance men if you like as you might as well have the whole story as it might be useful.

It was much unexpected but very cool.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I do not think you should do it but I know a way. Only not sure if there aliens or not.

Just look up and actually feel and tell that you need help, it may take awhile but idk how long it took anymore, it was awhile ago.

Again though you shouldn't do it because you find out stuff and it is crappy stuff sometimes so beware cause they don't play that much but I guess it all depends on the individuel capacity to be nice and social so if you arn't I do not recommend it. There seems to be a snowball effect and the only ones that could help cost money like everything else. They just let anti-social die quicker so, beware!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
At 21:00 (16/09/2009) my wife and I were walking our dog near our home.

The sky was starry, crisp and clear of clouds which I thought was quite weird in an awesome way. There were no clouds and the sky seemed to have a mixture of purple throughout it that I had never seen before. I even mentioned this to my wife as we walked, something quite unreal about the colour that I could not put my finger on.

I was looking out toward Costorphin hill (Edinburgh zoo is situated there) To the left of that is Edinburgh airport and I was looking at several aircraft moving about in that direction as I am a bit of a plane nerd. I was watching them drifting over there, strobes blinking when my wife said, 'What is that?'

I followed her gaze back the way we had come and was perplexed to say the least to see a very bright whitish blue light above our house at a height of roughly two to three thousand feet. It was moving slowly in the direction of Saughton prison and watching it I was stunned... There were no navigation lights, no strobes and no noise as would be expected had it been an aircraft. I should know because if aircraft fly over my house I am enough of a nerd to go out and watch them.

I chuckled as we both stopped walking to look up at the light. 'Do you believe me now love?' I was of course referring to the event of the 8th of may last year when I had seen two UFO's above our home and been more or less ridiculed, castigated and pretty much dragged over the coals for it. The events of last year had caused us to split up and I had even lost friends over it because I had been quite vocal about the events.

My wife did not respond, she silently continued to stare as the bright light continued to move, arching round to the left on a path that seemed to take it in the direction of Edinburgh castle on the distant skyline.

Across the other side of the road two ambulance crewmen were helping a man I recognised as a chef who used to work with my wife. He was on a gurney being loaded into the back of the ambulance. The two ambulance men were glancing up at the strange light as they worked but they did not seem to realise that we were standing on the other side of the road watching them, watching the UFO. Our dog had wrapped her leash around our legs as she took up a “blocking” position in front of us.

I was enjoying this moment so much let me tell you (a confirmation to myself that I was not a wacko after all) and was so intent on enjoying the open mouthed look on my wife’s pretty face, the frowning looks on the faces of the ambulance men’s faces that I missed the part in the sighting when the light winked out and became a pinprick of light.

'It's a triangle,' my wife breathed, her eyes going wide. I looked as the light had gone out but focusing on the spot I realised that the light had not gone out, it had just turned into a very faint pinprick that was almost impossible to spot. Had I not been looking straight at it I probably would not have spotted it against the backdrop of stars. The stars were more noticeable than this very faint but moving pinprick of light.

At that point I remembered that I had left my camera phone in the house but I did not care. I have never been interested in proving to the world that what I believe to be true is that visitations are real and happening all over the world all the time. My wife was the only person I wanted to believe me and the look on her face told me now she was much closer to believing the UFO phenomenon is real. She is the biggest sceptic you could ever meet so that fact was a great realisation to me.

We both continued to gaze at this now very dim light that had turned now into a pinprick against the dark sky and suddenly like something from a film, the light picked up speed, disappearing completely before it reached the castle, as if winking out of existence.

'Don’t be scared babe. Are you sure it was a triangle you saw?' I asked still enjoying the amazed look on her face. I felt like all my Christmases’ had come at once.
'No I didn’t see a triangle shape and I'm not scared; I saw three lights come together into a single point in the centre. Didn’t you see it?'

'No love, I was too busy watching your reactions to the UFO sighting.’

We carried on walking.

My wife was a bit quiet for a few days afterwards but I think it was just her way of assimilating the fact that her world had been turned upside down and that there were actually strange things going on in the skies.

Still she took her first UFO sighting better than I had back in 2008 when I pretty much gibbered like a loon and was all for standing on a busy street corner shouting “THEY ARE HERE!”

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by riffraff

Yep, I can relate to that and I have received some pretty aggressive responses in the past but I really do not care if I am called a nutter because I know that what I saw was real so when some “random” calls me a wacko I can always walk away with the last laugh.

Another thing that keeps me talking and posting about what I have experienced is that I know that there are many people out there like you who also have their own experiences but sadly many choose to remain silent for fear of unwelcome consequences.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join