It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

V-Shape UFO Formation over Iceland Volcano | Sky News 4/18/2010

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
ATS is going down hill fast with all the bashing of people who offer mundane explantions to really silly people in threads like this. I hate to say but 90% of ATS is just same, people posting easily explained stuff or just plain ridiculous threads and posts.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Kurokage]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

I agree to a certain point with you thier but nearly all forums are like that.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

I agree, there haven't been any good hoaxes lately. Nothing that compares to the Drone magic carpet ride anyway.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/80291c509009.jpg[/atsimg]

Chad, Rajman, Ty where are you?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I don't agree MMN,

The apparent 'flapping' motion you speak of, is heat haze.

Not flapping wings.

I still say rim features, looking at photos of the volcano, there are a lot of V shaped features, and an irregular shaped rim.

Your welcome as regards thanks for the images.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

eh yes they do

humming birds and hawks for example

regular birds hover by flying into the wind thus giving them 0 ground speed
humming birds can even fly backwards

regards
moonpie

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by moonpie

I've seen regular birds flying backwards.

There was a strong wind, and they were flying into it, but they were flying slower than they were being pushed. So they were flying backwards, but facing forward. It looks funny..

I bet there is a ton of wind around that volcano, especially because of the heated air.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by areyosicker

If its not a ufo then what is it? its their and in the sky you can rule out animals because of the hot ash.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

They aren't near the ash your kidding right? If you knew about volcanoes the ash can spread for miles from where the 'birds' are they would be exposed to a ton of ash needless to say animals are known to flock away from dangers such as this, Ive never heard of birds that fly near erupting volcanoes, saying they are birds is absurd c'mon people let use some common sense.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Geese
Geese!

If it looks like a duck, and flies in formation like a duck, then occams razor says they must be geese.

Ok, the OP was valid, even interesting, but the thread should have died on page one.

Geese navigate using the earths magnetic field. We DON'T KNOW how far these animals have had to divert to avoid the plume, but they don't have unlimited energy to make a flight, so I would suspect that they are doing their best to avoid it as far as possible. They certainly don't look like they are in any kind of trouble, but if there is a damn great big volcano in their migratory path, maybe they ARE a little confused.

They still aint UFO's though!

Unless any of the posters in this thread calling 'UFO' are experts in ornithology and avian migration patterns and habits, then perhaps they should accept the obvious, and try to refrain from making themselves look silly. Otherwise, rather than claiming 'its well known that they would fly away', provide some evidence to back up what you are proposing (against all the available evidence).

Are you people really so desperate to believe that you will clutch at straws like this - it just looks foolish.
Unless you have some vested interest in cramming ATS full of nonsense?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Because of the zooming inn and out at the UFO's i think this is part of the UFO disclosure program. I hope this is to raise the awareness of the people who still don't believe the UFO hype. Disclosure is on it's way...there is a disclosure program in the works right now, (but this is only a gut feeling...i can't prove anything).

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This looks like the one I saw near Mount St. Helens in 1991. I have looked since then through archives and forums like this, for anyone describing a sighting that was like mine, and never has there been any description close enough. Today is the first day I saw it again, in this vid (and it made my skin crawl). I was a lot closer to it than the one who made made the video, but it was the unique "skinny V" with small lights along each long side, that caught my eye. I was close enough to see that the lights were actually two parallel rows of small lights, and they were light pink (which would look white from far away). I don't know if it has anything to do with volcanoes, but there ya go. (BTW, I am skeptical of UFOs being from anywhere but here, but I am open to the remote possibility that UFOs have more to do with distant future human time travel than with visitors from outer space. Which begs the question, why come back here now? why the volcanoes?).

ETA: about the sparkly quality of the lights: they are very small lights. they even had a shimmering quality very close up. I recognize that today's vid shows what I saw if I had seen it from farther away, no doubt.

[edit on 4/21/2010 by randomviolins]

[edit on 4/21/2010 by randomviolins]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by maximiliian
reply to post by areyosicker

If its not a ufo then what is it? its their and in the sky you can rule out animals because of the hot ash.

Maximiliian.....

The geese aren't in the hot ash.

As evidence of this, here is a picture of what a goose would look like if it got too close to the hot ash.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/04b2ddda50f9.jpg[/atsimg]

Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

ok its possible they are geese but have YOU considered the ash and how close they are to it not to mention not many animals hang around erupting volcanoes they flee,besides they are not moving like a flock of geese should.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
reply to post by webpirate

Most likely its birds, because of the famous 'V' formation.

But how crazy are those birds?! Must be a fantastic sight from up there.

Maybe they are riding some hot air, would be fun.

but dont ufo's also have a famous v formation ????

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by skillz1

not really common for individual ufos to fly V formation theres a few cases. More common is the idea that the V of lights is part of a large single structure shaped like a V. We can see thats not the case in this video.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by maximiliian

ok its possible they are geese but have YOU considered the ash and how close they are to it not to mention not many animals hang around erupting volcanoes they flee,besides they are not moving like a flock of geese should.

Maximiliian.....

Yes.....I have considered those things.

have YOU considered the ash and how close they are to

I don't think they are very close to the ash.

not many animals hang around erupting volcanoes they flee

They could very well be fleeing.

besides they are not moving like a flock of geese should.

How should a flock of geese be moving?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
It does not seem to have already been posted, and as people are still talking about how birds would not be so close to an erupting volcano:

Source: www.flickr.com..., originally from www.snorrigunnarsson.com....

It was taken a few days ago in Iceland.

The eruption sure is a bit more limited, and the birds sure are quite farther than in the original video clip, but still close enough to say birds do still fly in the general area of an eruption. And as other mentioned, I suppose wind currents in these mountainous regions, and furthermore during an eruption, and yet more when the mountainous regions in question are ice covered, could well lead them closer to it than they would like to, and the birds in the video could very well have died a bit later, from burns, suffocation, and poisoning, we don't know...

Of course, in itself, it does not prove in any way, that what we are seeing in the original video clip, is birds. But it is very likely they are simply just that.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Garjyk]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
It's kind of strange how the camera zooms straight out as soon as the V shape is caught in camera.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Just a thought . A lot of reports on MUFON, indicates sightings of V shaped crafts with the multiple lights on the edges. Majority of the reported sightings take place in CA (vicinity of Air Force bases where the top secrets planes are developed), but every once in a while a siting in other areas of world surfaces.

For me it is clearly a V shaped craft with lights on the edges.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raczek
For me it is clearly a V shaped craft with lights on the edges.

/me bangs my head against the keyboard...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c3fe34e387d.gif[/atsimg]

Think its time for another thread.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Copernicus]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join