It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry Symbols - NOT!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I'm fairly certain the obelisk was a symbol used by Freud, however.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I saw something last night that blew me away.

The "Ancient Aliens" series on History Channel had a PhD guy who believes the obelisks were towers that could transmit electricity or power across long distances, like cell phone towers do today.

who knows?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I wonder if you've run across this symbol before in association with masons, or Illuminati, or anything else:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Nice try, but there is nothing more masonic than the pyramid and the eye of horus. I've read both the mason "debunk" sites on this, and just laugh at the cover-up. Here are some good research sites, but someone with more time on my hands will have to prove this one through. They will always try to cover up these facts from the "vulgar" and "uninitiated".

crossbearer-brian.tripod.com...
whatisthepyramid.com...
www.scribd.com...
www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

Various Masonic Symbols
www.delusionresistance.org...

All about Freemasonry/Illuminati Symbology
Tom Horn outlines just about anything you need to know.
Defenderpublishing.Blogspot.Com

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Show me where the pyramid is important to Freemasons.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Do you mean the pyramidic structure of the organizations, the ancient ties to the temple and all the freemasons who spoke of them, the manifest destiny of America being brought to fruition to the "Supreme Architect" aka the eye of horus atop the pyramid, the pyramid in the clouds which is taught to actually exist above the clouds on the apron, or are you referring to various order symbology? I find this point mote and silly - the dollar bill is enough. What are you trying to prove, and do you think readers have no means of figuring things out?

From a site dedicated to Freemasonic knowledge. Please inspect illustration number two especially. I guess that pyramid means "nothing"?

www.kena.org...

www.kena.org...

My family crest is the bloody 33 degree emblem of the Scottish Rite! The two-headed eagle (pheonix). None of my info is from relatives though.
www.kena.org...

The Eye ... found on the same Masonic site, under the heading Masonic Eyes
www.kena.org...

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Northwarden]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northwarden
My family crest is the bloody 33 degree emblem of the Scottish Rite! The two-headed eagle (pheonix).

If you are going to confuse Phoenixes and Eagles then most likely you are going to be confused about other aspects as well.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The eagle on the dollar bill is a pheonix also. Tom Horn did some excellant research on the topic, and stamped that fact down. You might consider doing some yourself!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

The eagle on the dollar bill is a pheonix also.

No it is not.

Tom Horn did some excellant research on the topic, and stamped that fact down. You might consider doing some yourself!

I could care less about Mr. Horn's 'excellent research', if he is also getting eagles and pheonixes confused then it should be called 'excrement research'.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Do you mean the pyramidic structure of the organizations,

Golly. So all organisations are Masonic. Got it!

the manifest destiny of America being brought to fruition to the "Supreme Architect" aka the eye of horus atop the pyramid,

Uh...I'm a Canadian Mason. Manifest Destiny is two centuries in its grave. Why is this relevant?

the pyramid in the clouds which is taught to actually exist above the clouds on the apron,

Again, I'm Canadian. Our aprons are not so adorned. You suggesting we're missing something?

or are you referring to various order symbology? I find this point mote and silly - the dollar bill is enough.

You're talking about the U.S. dollar bill aka the Greenback? You do realise that that canard has been dispatched with regularity for GAOTU knows how long? I visited Versailles and the All-Seeing Eye was in the chapel there. Are you suggesting that Louis XVI was a Mason?

Didn't do much for 'im, did it?

What are you trying to prove, and do you think readers have no means of figuring things out?

T'isn't the Masons who've taken the readers for fools.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

There is no pyramidic structure. Just because some have shown it in steps I would consider it more like a tree, branching off more and more from the trunk (Blue Lodge), but without the trunk the tree doesn't exist.

The All Seeing-Eye is a generic symbol for God. It has been used by many religions, its not just something the Egyptian pagans have dibs on. As for your apron comment, depending jurisdictions, title, and so on, you will see different style aprons. My Past Masters apron doesn't have the All-Seeing Eye on it nor does the apron that I was presented with at Initiation.

In the dollar bill, the unfinished pyramid denotes the unfinished state of the country and the eye is God watching over us as we endeavor to complete the country, but alas we are still going.

From the first link, illustration 2 is the symbol of the Council of Cryptic Masons. It is a triangle not a pyramid. I'm sure you going to say they are the same, but they are not. Anyone who has gone through the Cryptic knows the meaning behind the Triangle as well as the Broken Triangle.

The second link is an illustration of some Masons version of the structure, but even with just looking at the York Rite side, they are missing several off-shoot appendant bodies.

Many family crests have used eagles and double-headed eagles.

No its not, its just an eagle. Two facts: 1) Ben Franklin wanted the national bird to be the Turkey as it was a "more noble bird" than the Eagle. 2) The Phoenix is not a symbol within Freemasonry.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I don't know what is more insulting, the fact that you will bold-faced lie about what you are taught, or the fact that you continue on posting despite proofs being presented you.

Trust them not freemen and women.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I don't know what is more insulting, the fact that you will bold-faced lie about what you are taught, or the fact that you continue on posting despite proofs being presented you.

You have brought no proof. The only thing you have offered is your opinion and that we should buy Horn's book. Layout the evidence if you feel so certain that everyone is incorrect.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
sorry op,i have to disagree,whats with the disinformation?
the obelisk is a very important figure/symbol to all freemasons!
the triangle sign,is also,it represents the triangle,the pyramid,the people who are above all the mysery and evil,who have seen the light,and who actualy know what to DO,and how to CHANGE the world.
i dont hate masonry,i dont see anything bad in people knowing those symbols belong to freemasonry,disinfo will only make everyone angry and make them hate masons. like they dont get enough hate for being a secret society.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Ah, don't you mean that there is no proof offered in this thread to say these aren't Freemason symbols. The OP makes a few statements, not proof. Your ideas of "proof" are to put the realities of your hopelessly corrupt orders deeper into the mists of obscurity. I post here for the average reader, not you masons, who will say anything you want and are bound to perjury to defend your order. No sense mincing words with you.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
..the obelisk is a very important figure/symbol to all freemasons!

What is the importance of obelisks to Masons?

[edit on 12-5-2010 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

You are the one who said proof was presented. What is it? You seem to know everything but post very little supporting information.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Ah, don't you mean that there is no proof offered in this thread to say these aren't Freemason symbols.

Proving an assertion is up to the person making the assertion not to others to disprove. Otherwise, I could assert you to be a highly intelligent chicken with opposable thumbs and it would fall to you to disprove.

Bit of a non-starter that!

Your ideas of "proof" are to put the realities of your hopelessly corrupt orders deeper into the mists of obscurity.

If it was obscurity that was wanted, why on Earth would any Mason be replying in any manner whatsoever?

Does not compute!

I post here for the average reader, not you masons, who will say anything you want and are bound to perjury to defend your order. No sense mincing words with you.

And yet again this canard about Masons being free to perjure themselves in defense of Masonry. I will doff my cap to anti-Masons who take it upon themselves to include old lies as part of their recycling regime.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
there were two obelisks in each lodge? one with sun and one with moon or something,i dont know the exact meening,but its a very sacred object,i dont see nothing wrong with that,im not exposing secrets or anything,nor do i blame masons in being evil,its just...obelisks,,triangles

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I noticed you omitted the Pentagram.

Is it a Masonic symbol?

If so what meaning do Masons ascribe to it?

Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join