It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Army Chief: The Bible Is Our Guide

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Israeli Army Chief: The Bible Is Our Guide

www.israeltoday.co.il

Israeli army chief Gen. Gabi Ashkenazi firmly stated last week that the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) view the Bible as the number one influence on its conduct and mission.

"The IDF sees the Bible as a guide in the deep and practical sense of the word," said Ashkenazi. "It is no accident that the IDF swears in its soldiers with a weapon in one hand and the Bible in the other – a custom that reflects the uniqueness of the IDF and the deep bond of the Jewish people to the Book of Books."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I think this is sad and dangerous.

When Russian Chief of Army said last week that attack to Iran is "unnaceptable" because its very dangerous consequenses, Israel counterpart takes responsibility out from his shoulders and announses that they are just fulfilling "gods will"... Yeah right!

Thats the way...

www.israeltoday.co.il
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-4-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
So now the Israeli's consider the original "I'll burn you and drown you and tear you into little pieces" imaginary man in the sky to be their commander in chief? That's a good way to get their whole country destroyed. Oh well, good riddance.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The most interesting thing I gleaned from that article is the general's name...

After seeing that general's name, anyone who believes the Israelis really belong where they do based on some sort of historical tie to the region is an imbecile and denies fact...

Pure and simple...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
and pro-israel lovers say that Iran and muslims are suicidal , seems its the Israelis who are suicidal and hell bent on Armagaddon .

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Another nutter in charge.

Just what the world needs.

How i wish the Israelis had ploughed all of it's DONATED wealth into space travel technology instead of war technology.

They could have built a generational ship and buggered off to colonize planet Israel by now, and our world would be infinitely safer for the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Being lost in space for forty years would make quite a story.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

Already been done on Television. Irwin Allen's Lost in Space. Glen A Larson's Battlestar Galactica. Ron D Moore's Re-Imagined Battlestar Galactica.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

If Israel's enemies actually studied The Torah. They might have, although extremely doubtful, chance of defeating Israel. If you look at all the wars Israel has fought since it was re-established among the nations in 1948, they were repeats of how their ancestors fought. The Battle plans are more evidence of the accuracy of The Tanach. ISRAEL IS BACK. ISRAEL IS BACK TO STAY!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by PGTWEED
reply to post by 23refugee

Already been done on Television. Irwin Allen's Lost in Space. Glen A Larson's Battlestar Galactica. Ron D Moore's Re-Imagined Battlestar Galactica.

All of which lack a spectacular Golden Calf.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I also noticed the surname, and yeah .... notable.

The only comment i have is:

"Thou shalt not kill".

(if they can't get that right, bugger the rest)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
This is obviously worrying. No religion should dictate anything to do with any military force. However it must also be noted that its not just Israel, those nutters on the other side are also controlled by their 'jihadist' beliefs. The whole region is screwed up and they are all as bad as each other.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
When God is on your side, you can't go wrong.

People who upset HIS followers and believers get their payback and I've seen it / experienced it for myself.

Good will always win over Bad and Light over Darkness.

So I say good, for Israel, they're following the book (Bible) to a tee and it is written etc., they will be protected and win.

It's simple and I pity anybody who ultimately crosses Israel.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Okay, I'll take the other side of this. If Israel wasn't as tough and aggressive as they are then they would be in a lot of trouble in the region. That little piece of land has been the object of desire worthy of invasion for a long, long time. That is the reality of the situation. They are not unlike most middle-eastern countries, as far as being dedicated to their faith. It is an ugly situation that will at some point come to a head. I'm just glad they are on our side. Let's see if we are loyal enough to back our long time friend should they get into trouble..

Que: anti-war, bleeding heart liberals.....attack!

[edit on 19-4-2010 by lambs to lions]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

"When god is on your side, you cant go wrong" Can you quote me some factual references, sources please?

Also not being religious in any way, but having noticed many gods worshipped by many diffirent people, could you also post sources re your god being the chief god or supervisor?

Or, if all the other gods apart from Israels dont exist, proof that Israels does would also be helpfull to me being an athiest.

Thanks in anticipation.

Respects

Respects

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

I sort of agree with this. While i don't totally buy the whole Israel is vulnerable thing and i do think partly they are at fault ultimately i do back them. Their government is nuts but the average Israeli is not some bloodthirsty person as some on ATS portray them as.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Ashkenazi`s term as IDF chief won`t be extended. (Ynetnews)

He`s to finish his four year stint as Chief of Staff in about 9 months time anyway. Outgoing heads of organisations always have interesting and often controversial things to say as there terms wind down . They no longer fear censure and in Ashkenazi`s case ...... he may be a bit peeved with the Israeli government, particularly defence minister Barak .

'Announcement meant to humiliate him'

Following the announcement, an aid close to Ashkenazi told Ynet, "There is a sense that this announcement was meant to humiliate the chief of staff, turn him into a lame duck, and to hurt him." The source added, "The matter of extended the chief of staff's term was not an issue, and he did not discuss the matter with the defense minister or the prime minister, and never asked to have his term extended.

Therefore this was a peculiar announcement, since the government had decided on a four-year term. It seems the defense minister is unable to abuse the chief of staff, as past defense ministers have done, by reversing their decision on extending chief of staff's terms and making other decisions."

Sources well acquainted with the Barak-Ashkenazi relationship have recently noted that ties have been tense between the two, partially due to the chief of staff's stance on sensitive issues.

Ynetnews

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Que: anti-war, bleeding heart liberals.....attack

I am not fully anti war and im not a bleeding heart liberal, but i will say this.

A person from a muslim country says they follow their religion and uses that as an excuse to wage war, is an extremist and a terrorist ?.

A person from israel says they follow thier religion and uses that to wage war, is good ?.

If the bible is being used for a military group to claim it follows the bible and also says it takes it oaths to the military with a gun in one hand and the bible in another.

then what about , Thou shalt not kill, and all the many times the pages of the bible tell you to not harm or kill others, turn the other cheek, love thy enemies and so on.

i dont recall the bible saying amass a large navy, army and airforce, produce nuclear weapons and subjegate others.

Every side be them from israel, palastine or any of the surrounding countries have committed acts of violence and caused others to die and suffer. each side says theirs is the true god/ religion and wages war against those who do not follow their religion or way of life.

The main problem i see in the area is that the wounds and hatred go so far back in time, that whole countries ( but not all the people) are entrenched in the idiology and beliefs of their countries.

Generation after generation keeps the hatred alive and even when some people try to get each side to talk and reach a peaceful agreement. Both sides say things like, 60 years ago you did this, then the other side says but you did this and around it goes.

History keeps repeating and nothing changes except the spiral of beliefs goes tighter and tighter until they both meet and then its war.

So many people who claim to follow a said religion. Have taken it way outside and changed it from its origional meaning. Then some leaders and groups will use religion to excuse what they do and use it to get others to do and think what they want, many times twisting the religion to fit the end result they want.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by muons200

Please. Last time I checked Israel was not deploying suicide bombers in the name of Judaism. The Jews have been enslaved, dispursed, and conquered for 2500 years. They are our only real ally in a unstabe, war torn middle east, not to mention a democracy. They have had enough, and their posture clearly shows they won't put up with ANY crap. There emphasis on military and defense is a necessity. For a fitting biblical analogy: Israel may feel like Daniel in the lion's den. They are surrounded by seething hatred and violence. Just like any other government, their responsiblity is to protect their citizens. Do they hate their neighbors? I'm sure they do, and I don't blame them. Six day war anyone?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
reply to post by lambs to lions

I sort of agree with this. While i don't totally buy the whole Israel is vulnerable thing and i do think partly they are at fault ultimately i do back them. Their government is nuts but the average Israeli is not some bloodthirsty person as some on ATS portray them as.

I agree with this. And we have to remember that Israel is a tiny little country completely surrounded by maniacs that blow themselves up and seek to wipe them off the map...

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Looking_Glass]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join