It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movies about Greys, there are none.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by St-Patrick

IMO Signs with Mel Gibson was a great movie. Here is an interesting fact. This movie was release in 2002 and it is still available for download on some torrent websites. Right now as we speak there are 330 people downloading that movie from torrent sites, and I am one of them. 275 downloads for a old movie like this one, it is kind of weird isn't it?

Let me get this straight...in a thread talking about movies you take the opportunity to come in here and expound upon the fact that you are proudly stealing someone's work without paying for it? I don't understand. If you want to see the movie, go out and buy it. Sure, the internet makes it easy to steal, and it doesn't feel like stealing to the average Joe, and the laws present a gray area here, but down deep you and we all know what your doing it WRONG. If seeing this movie or owning it is that important to you, let me know....the community here can probably put together their pennies and donate the measly $7.99 purchase price (as I saw in a store yesterday) if you can't be bothered or are too poor to afford it. Sad, just sad and DISGUSTING.

I have absolutely no doubt that the owners of this website agree with me.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by St-Patrick

Hey, purely in the name of research I was browsing a popular torrent site and thought I'd see what other movies from 2002 were "freely" available.

In running order, by ease of avialability Signs came 10th, which I guess is pretty "good", but there was better stuff in their interestingly Friday After Next beats the pants off Signs.
It's not that unusual for older films to still be widely available or so I'm told.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
They still aren't "free"...so if you get it that way, it's stealing. Up to you, but please don't broadcast the practice here.

I've seen Signs in the $5 bin at Wal-Mart before...so not exactly breaking the bank here...

And a word of caution, torrent sites are minefields of malware and viruses...just as an FYI...

Getting back to the thread though....

Scary aliens or cute aliens simply play better at the box office...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by game over man

Here's a good clip.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I know there was a movie made out of Stephen King's Dreamcatcher - In the book, at least, an alien invasion was underway, spearheaded by the main alien character named aptly "Mr Grey" I remember in the book they were shapeshifters but they usually stuck to the traditional "Grey alien" appearance to avoid scaring the humans. They had landed several times before on earth, and each time destroyed by TPTB/MIB types before they could invade - using telepathy to convey messages via broadcasting "There is no infection here" and "We mean you no harm" over and over again.

My wife just reminded me - there was a point in the movie where one of the chopper pilots, just before destroying the alien ship, quoted something to the effect "They'll probably be wearing their Grey alien suits, claiming to be explorers/ scientists...don't fall for it...fire on my command"

Basically, this was King's idea of what the Greys are all about...a harmless appearance at first, but their agenda to enslave/ eradicate humanity...their true appearance is monstrous...

The movie released in 2003 I think. Poor CGI I remember.

CDS

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Do reality shows and documentaries count?

Play simultaneously and pause at the clearest picture of each alien face. Curiously similar creatures.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cole DeSteele

Good call on Dreamcatcher

As mentioned already in this thread The X Files series often involved "Colonists" who look like greys and The X Files Movie released in 1998 also involved the Colonists.

I have not seen the original "War Of The Worlds" movie but in the recent one the aliens are kinda greyish, although im not sure if they would be considered the "greys" that most people think about.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mithrawept
The most compelling grey movie I've seen is Altered. It's tense and claustrophobic. Worth checking out.

Altered

In Altered, the alien seemed more like a Grey/Chupacabra hybrid with those huge sharp teeth. But yeah, the movie was really cool even though it was a little campy at times. Sure to be a cult classic.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
As far as I know, there has never been a accurate cinematic depiction of "grays" as they are reported in the UFO literature. I'm speaking of movies here, because there has been some fairly decent depictions in various television series and tv movies. But for the big screen, no.

I once listened to an interview on The Paracast with the producer of Fire in the Sky, in which he stated that the studio forced him to revise the appearance of the grays. Their reasoning was that he'd shown them before in an earlier tv movie about abductions(Intruders), and they wanted something different - something more Hollywood.

This seems to be a pattern when it comes to the silver screen - movies come close to showing grays, but never seem to go all the way. It's almost as if some authority has placed a limit on what they can show. You can allude to a gray, but you'd better not show one.

Interesting.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Flatwoods]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Communion about Whitley Strieber

Fire in the Sky about Travis Walton

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatwoods
As far as I know, there has never been a accurate cinematic depiction of "grays" as they are reported in the UFO literature. I'm speaking of movies here, because there has been some fairly decent depictions in various television series and tv movies. But for the big screen, no.

I once listened to an interview on The Paracast with the producer of Fire in the Sky, in which he stated that the studio forced him to revise the appearance of the grays. Their reasoning was that he'd shown them before in an earlier tv movie about abductions(Intruders), and they wanted something different - something more Hollywood.

This seems to be a pattern when it comes to the silver screen - movies come close to showing grays, but never seem to go all the way. It's almost as if some authority has placed a limit on what they can show. You can allude to a gray, but you'd better not show one.

Interesting.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I don't think the Government has any role with some type of enforcement on making movies about Grey Aliens....but, I think it is more of the writer/director/producer's decision.

Steven Spielberg made Star Wars. He didn't a make a Alien crash at Roswell/US Government cover up through out the years movie. Can you imagine if he had? Wow.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I don't think the Government has any role with some type of enforcement on making movies about Grey Aliens....but, I think it is more of the writer/director/producer's decision.

Steven Spielberg made Star Wars. He didn't a make a Alien crash at Roswell/US Government cover up through out the years movie. Can you imagine if he had? Wow.

I've always thought it make a great project for Oliver Stone, because he loves to make quasi-historical epics(JFK, for example). Someone should send him a book about the Roswell incident.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I'm getting very excited about this one.

A70

www.a70themovie.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
See "Official Denial" for a good movie about Greys.

Thing is though, in most accounts, Greys are pretty boring really. I mean, look at the common attributes. Doesn't exactly make for riveting film... While we may find the idea of them fascinating, from a writer's perspective, it's easier to focus on the humans in the story, for the emotional elements needed to engage the audience.

Speilberg's first project, if I recall correctly, was a student film about the Battle of LA incident. He's long been interested in the field. His masterpiece E.T., while not about a grey, certainly had many of the same characteristics we ascribe to grays. I often wonder about that unsubstantiated rumor. (the rumor goes, that during the White House screening of the film, Reagan leaned over to Speilberg and whispered, "Only a few people outside of this room know how real this is" (or something to that effect).

edit on 28-9-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Correct,Whitley is involved in a movie called the "GREYS" based on his book, cannot remember the release date but will look it up.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Here is some information on the up and coming film The Grays taken from Stribiers novel The Grays.Seems that this film is sort of in limbo just now.

The Grays Sony Pictures Status: In Development Hell; Whitley believes (as of Jan 1, 2010) that this project has been “ditched”. Director: Wolfgang Petersen Producers: Cary Brokaw and John Calley Writer: Ken Nolan Sony Pictures will pay screenwriter Ken Nolan (Black Hawk Down) $3 million for his 75-page "script-ment" (less than a script, but more than a treatment) of Whitley Strieber's as-yet-unpublished alien SF novel The Grays, one of the studio's largest payments for a treatment, Variety reported. It's not clear who'll star in The Grays, but insiders say the lead role is intended for a woman, the trade paper reported.

source link; www.beyondcommunion.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
greys are real they are the most reported type of alien we encounter

possibly they are not ETs in that they are highly evolved bugs that come from ..well Earth

they are unpleasant nasty little.... sometimes big (breeders?)

a movie about such a thing well just thinking about them makes me

eeekkk! check out this newly posted thread about greys at Dulce New Mexico www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Im surprised nobody on here as said the first x-files movie. Someone mentioned the series and movies referring to it but i thought the first movie completely was about greys? The e.t virus used the human body as a host until it reproduced or did w.e it did inside, and when it came out i thought it looked like a grey. Granted it was vicious and wanted to eat the people it encountered it definitely was suppose to resemble a form of grey. Also when Mulder was in the ship looking for scully the aliens that seemed to be in some cryo stasis looked like a sort of grey also. Just saying..

I Believe...

ThatGuyInTheKnow..

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

This movie was filled with greys!

edit on 28-9-2010 by freelance_zenarchist because: classified

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
There was a movie that came out in the 70's, it involved ALL the types of aliens reported, from the Greys to the Nordics, they had an underwater UFO base....anyone remember its name?

Dont forget Project UFO and Hangar 18

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join