It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movies about Greys, there are none.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
The best movies about Aliens don't involve Greys.

Star Wars
Alien
Predator
Planet of the Apes
E.T.
Stargate
Star Trek
Species
Signs

1....Close Encounters of the Third Kind, but the movie wasn't really about the Grey Aliens, nor was Fire in the Sky, more of an abduction story.

Communion with Christopher Walken..sorry, I'm talking "house-hold name" alien movies only..

I could go on, but there are some movies that cameo Grey Aliens....Only cameo.... But there has NOT been 1 movie, that features the Grey Aliens in an all time classic movie. Avatar just came out but did not tell the story of the Grey Aliens, neither did District 9.

Not once has an epic film been made about the Grey Aliens.

I think the Grey Aliens are too alien to be depicted accurately in a film, amongst other reason why no blockbuster movie about Grey Aliens has ever been produced. EVER.

Discuss.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Alien Abduction: The MacPherson Story

This is about Grays!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
The fact is that the "Gray" image is too commonplace that strange and new alien types sell more than the basic gray. If you want to sell a movie, you want something new to show off instead of the expected.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
The only type of movie where the "Greys" would make any sense would be some kind of Alien Abduction flick. Just them by themselves arent too menacing...Hollywood would rather do another Predator flick.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I thought the aliens in "Signs" kinda looked a bit like greys...just that their skin changed colours.

What about the little aliens in "Close Encounters"? They were greys for sure.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
The closest thing I can think of is the syfy mini-series Taken, which involved the Grays.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

Also, and this is not a movie either, but the Asgard in Stargate are the greys in that 'world'.. the pink greys

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
How about the "Asgard" in the Stargate series or
The Roswell movie from 98 or so... They took the same Alien/Grey figure !

Just looked the movie "the fourth kind". Its not about Greys but annunaki/babylonian Aliens. amazing documentary!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JimIrie

www.imdb.com...

You mean this movie right? Doesn't say it is a documentary..

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Interesting thread, I'm a major movie buff and I tend to agree that the Greys - being THE majorly speculated alien species, seem to get a poor showing in cinema, it's just another form of racism.

A movie that doesn't specifically show the aliens, but I think implied greys was The 4th Kind, which not Oscar worthy, was a pretty good film.

I don't know too much of the back story to this, although it's nicely presented.

There are a couple of comedic movies I'm aware of that reference greys more, but they're not particularly noteworthy.

Edit to add:
Someone beat me to it.

[edit on 19/4/1010 by jokei]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Maybe they dont want to make a "PROPER" movie about Grays because they actually exist and they dont want to offend them..?

Scary Movie 3 and Mars attacks (big brained grays)?

[edit on 19/4/10 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jokei
Interesting thread, I'm a major movie buff and I tend to agree that the Greys - being THE majorly speculated alien species, seem to get a poor showing in cinema, it's just another form of racism.

A movie that doesn't specifically show the aliens, but I think implied greys was The 4th Kind, which not Oscar worthy, was a pretty good film.

I don't know too much of the back story to this, although it's nicely presented.

There are a couple of comedic movies I'm aware of that reference greys more, but they're not particularly noteworthy.

Edit to add:
Someone beat me to it.

[edit on 19/4/1010 by jokei]

One of the Scary Movies had the greys in it. Cant remember which one it was. All I remember was the bit at the end when all the gangsta guys shot each other and Leslie Neilsen, who played the president, said something like "Those men died for their country. Send flowers to their bitches and hoes". (Something like that anyway).

But it does seem unusual that there are very few movies that specifically feature the greys.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Here's a good one:

A.I. Artificial Intelligence

Kubrick/Spielberg, and actually very good, despite mixed reviews.

Spoiler Alert!!!

There were both tall and short greys. I won't say more, in case you want to watch it, but keep this in mind when you do:

"People pretend to think they know Stanley Kubrick, and think they know me, when most of them don't know either of us," Spielberg told film critic Joe Leydon in 2002. "And what's really funny about that is, all the parts of A.I. that people assume were Stanley's were mine. And all the parts of A.I. that people accuse me of sweetening and softening and sentimentalizing were all Stanley's. The teddy bear was Stanley's. The whole last 20 minutes of the movie was completely Stanley's. The whole first 35, 40 minutes of the film – all the stuff in the house – was word for word, from Stanley's screenplay. This was Stanley's vision."

(from the link)

edit: While the Greys aren't exactly "featured" in this film, it is interesting to note that they are included by (at least) one of the above collaborators, and are integral to the film.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Dogdish]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Mel Gibson had made a movie about grain circles before, forgot that name. Grays were in it!

And X-Files! Isn't that the series/movie making Grays so famous?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
SIGNS, doesn't look like a Grey. More something like "Creature from the Black Lagoon" lol.

I guess over the years Directors have wanted to escape from the typical Grey image and go with their own creative idea of what a Alien would actually look like. Afterall if all Sci-Movies featured the same Alien then it wouldn't really be a individual movie influenced by directors/designers.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by game over man

So are you trying to tell me with this thread that because there are no "movies about greys" that they must be real? I don't understand your point here. There are no movies about plenty of boring things as well, lol.

You do not understand capitalism or the entertainment industry and your ignorance in such matters only fuels your confusion.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I think the Grey Aliens are too alien to be depicted accurately in a film, amongst other reason why no blockbuster movie about Grey Aliens has ever been produced. EVER.

I distinctly remember reading somewhere that the original poster ads for Close Encounters featured obvious greys beckoning a man onto their ship, but that the ads generated such a negative public backlash that they were pulled and replaced.

I've looked for the original image, but I've never seen it.

If true, then it shouldn't come as a huge surprise that there would be hesitancy to make an entire movie depicting them clearly.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Depends what is considered "typical" as there is no absolute evidence how a grey looks like

Thank you though, it was hurting my brains what that title was!

[edit on 19-4-2010 by yiersan]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
You might be excited to know there's a movie about greys in the pipeline right now. Based on the true story of Garry Wood and Colin Wright who were abducted from their car on the A70 road, near Edinburgh one night back in 1992.

The movie will be called A70.

There's a facebook group you can join to keep up with the developments.

Last I heard, Billy Boyd (who played one of the Hobbits in Lord of the Rings) is to play the part of Colin.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

You forgot AVATAR!!!!!!!
2ND.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join