It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing the ATS Conspiracy Chicks

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I, personally, am embarrassed to be a member of this site right now. I have seen the most childish and ridiculous arguments in this thread. It is, in a word, pathetic.

Newsflash:

This IS a business. Period. Without revenue we have no site. Everybody chiming in about "this is about members", "this is about our feelings"....guess what -- sometimes it's not. Sometimes, it's just about paying the bills and keeping the site running.

If you end in the red, the site will be dead.

Frankly, if nothing else this will provide a topic for a thread SURE to get tons of stars and flags:

The conspiracy about WHY sex DOES sell.

This site cares about how we feel. I have never seen a site SO QUICK to respond to Board Questions, U2Us, etc. Hell, I can't even get some customer service email links to work, let alone receive a response!

But to think that our "feelings" pay the bills to keep the site going is short-sighted. But, all of you nay-sayers against the Conspiracy Chicks have this to look forward to:

If it offends enough people and membership drops significantly, and traffic is way down for any length of time -- guess what: They'll be gone if they were the cause. That's how business works.

Speak with actions, not with words. If it offends you that much, cancel your membership immediately. If enough people do so, and there aren't enough new members to make up the loss, it will get the message across loudly and clearly.

As for me, I only have this to say:

Rock on, Chickies!! Rock on!

[edit on 19-4-2010 by lpowell0627]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Universal Light

I guess you would prefer that population NEVER know anything other than what they get fed by the MSM...

Well, we want to spread the word about ATS to everyone we can. Using successful strategies to do that is called being SMART. It's the CONTENT that matters, but, if you don't get anyone to pay attention to the content what good is it?

Using the oppositions weapons against them is how you win a battle.

It's not that hard to figure out is it?

Springer...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I know... this whole thread is just ridiculous mate and I agree.
I'm to blame because I keep posting in it.
As Mr.Mask said, I don't want to post in this thread any more, I'm trying not to.
But as I read it and people keep chiming in saying "Stop attacking these women" and "How dare people say these women can't do the show well" and so on... It gets very annoying.

That's why I made my point and the reiterated it... and was going to keep reposting it for every person who posts the wa I described above... But I can't be arsed

But It's still fun to read it

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This thread has, at time of writing, 21 pages of posts in a relatively short time.

Threads on the UK General Election and Police requesting powers to sedate suspects receive little or no attention.

Come on people, let's get back to basics eh and talk about little green men, Kennedy, Sarah Palin, 911 and all the other topics that drew us here in the first place instead of arguing the toss non-stop over something that hasn't even happened yet.

FFS, and just why is ATS changing??

[edit on 19/4/10 by Freeborn]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
So is it alright now for members to refer to women members as "chicks"
"hotties" "cuties" "babes" in the normal course of posting?

They are referring to themselves as conspiracy chicks not other members ...

And yes, I assume it's ok as it has always been ok for a female (even male if they so wish)
member to refer to themselves as a chick.

[edit on 19 Apr 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Two bright intelligent women. Wonderful choice. Congratulations to both of you and I hope its a hit. Break a leg

Ignore the neanderthals and naysayers. If they are that threatened by you, so much the better.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

dang straight! i've been struggling with this off and on my whole life (until the last 10 years). you can 't be seen as intelligent if you're pretty because the person is projecting on to you, how they currently feel when they look at you (meaning, blood drains from brain, goes to that other seat of procreative intelligence, and brain goes on duh, which they then assume must be because you are stupid not because they are experiencing a physiological reaction they are entirely capable of getting a handle on but prefer not to. it's easier to just blame the ladies).

[edit on 19-4-2010 by undo]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by togetherwestand
Plus i am pretty sure that most conspiracy theorist (or 'alternative thinkers') are male. i don't see too manny woman who are into fringe topics, maybe because they are more prone to being singled out as weird, and judged by friends. i honestly don't really know and i could be wrong..females perspective is appreciated on this

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Wow. Whatever happened to the ability to have a little lighthearted and good natured fun? Some of you take this way too seriously. If Ashley and Asala don't have a problem with it, I'm not sure what you PC lot has your collective panties in a wad about.

I'm looking forward to it. It takes some real guts to put yourself out there like that. Not so much to sit behind a keyboard and pass judgment on it, especially in a very personal way.

Good for you ladies to have a sense of humor and a thick skin and some guts. Excellent choices by the site, there. I predict a rousing success.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
wow, after skimming through the posts, I'm somewhat surprised by the way y'all are taking to this.

1. I'm scratching the conspiracy chicks calendar. Sorry ladies, you'll have to put those bikinis away.
2. It's our news, reported by our people. Would y'all rather watch the ATS reports as done by me or Springer? We picked two women from different countries who are intelligent, knowledeable and (thankfully) not without a sense of humor.

Rather than bemoan the concept, why not wait until you see the reporting, then bitch and moan? It's not like they're going to be doing the news in the buff. Well, now they won't. Buncha killjoys.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

yep. "identify with" is a good point! we conspiracy ladies need someone we can identify with too!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well blup my friend, you got it right.

I'm out of here.

This is becoming increasingly embarassing.

This is truly becoming a morbid fascination thing, I know I shouldn't but I can't but help watch it.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

"1) Who came up with the titles of "the cutie" and "the hottie"? Who suggested this first. NOT who approved in the end...WHO CAME TO THE TABLE WITH THOSE TITLES first."

I will LMAO, if it was the girl's that came up with these titles...

I am willing to bet that this was the girl's idea as well.
Sorry I read your speech, and I am still happy and excited about the new show..
way to serious. You sound mad.

link   
I have to admit when I first read the u2u announcing the Conspiracy Chicks, my first thought was, is ats in trouble? I remember so many failing tv shows that were revived by bringing the attractive Heather Locklear onboard to boost the ratings. Ahh...but I don't that's the case here. I wish the Conspiracy Chicks luck and hope this is successful.

link   

Originally posted by Springer

I guess you would prefer that population NEVER know anything other than what they get fed by the MSM...

Well, we want to spread the word about ATS to everyone we can. Using successful strategies to do that is called being SMART. It's the CONTENT that matters, but, if you don't get anyone to pay attention to the content what good is it?

Springer...

Dont agree - it's the window dressing that puts people at ease and allows them not to focus on the real issues.

Same weapon or same trap?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
Rather than bemoan the concept, why not wait until you see the reporting, then bitch and moan?

Rather than? You've got about a half dozen Moaning Myrtles who are more than capable of doing both. The Magic 8 Ball predicts plenty of bitching and moaning down the road.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

i think the issue is, we're being lead to believe that beauty, either in a person, on a person, or around a person, is the epitome of decadence. this is NOT true!
we appreciate beauty of all kinds. not just physical. so to say only female physical beauty should be anathema is a lie from the pit of hell, aimed at women in particular, and meant to defame and marginalize half the planet. not on my watch buddy !

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Springer...

I guess so sir if that's how you see fit.

I would love for the population to come to ATS. In my time here and even before I registered, the site helped me so much in my path to awakening. However, the vast majority are not ready to awaken hence they watch the MSM and don't come to ATS. That is their choice, it is the beauty of Free Will.

Using their tactics against them? That is precisely what I am ashamed of. Your fighting fire with fire and the last time I checked, that never accomplished anything.

I get what you guys are doing. I'm not pissed, just disappointed. I run my own restaurant and people tell me everyday what I should do. I never say it but in my head I'm always thinking, "this is why you don't own your own business." And the same applies for you. I do listen to my guests, I just normally don't take their opinion. And I know you won't take mine, you don't need to. But at least you have listened and I will say thank you for that.

Godd luck to the boys and to you Springer.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join