It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing the ATS Conspiracy Chicks

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums

It's more a stylistic thing.

Sorry, couldn't resist this

Bit of quality Philly Soul!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I hear you loud and clear. My problem with this mentality is that it is a breach of Free Will. People have as much right to know or not know anything. It is unfair to shove something down someone's face. The people that have found ATS have done so by their own Free Will. They have seeked it out and that is their choice. But nothing can change the fact that in this existence, people are allowed to be ignorant. It is a choice every individual gets to make. You can have the loudest bullhorn in the world but some still won't have ears to hear it.

If this is about money, it would make a whole lot more sense to me. I am just not seeing it presented in that manner.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by maybee

it was FUNNY, but the problem is, with some of the people in this thread, women and particulary capitalist western white women, are a big problem for society. they are poo-pooing the idea based on just that alone! some are freaking out because the titles (which were meant to be humorous) are degrading, when it is the people themselves that constantly label women in this fashion to begin with.

this is a world wide website and the opinions and views here represent those who have some VERY different ideas about women than the western world does.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by undo]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by areyosicker
The easier way to solve all these problems would to just offer punch and pie.

No one would get offended if there was punch and pie involved.

M-mmm apple pie sounds good. I have a good punch recipe too. 1 ltr. gingerale, 1 can orange/pineapple juice (frozen) and 1 pt. sherbert.

link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Thank you for replying to my comment.

I'm not trying to get off topic in any way, but unless I receive a satisfactory explanation, I'm not going to let it drop.

I sent a u2u to a mod, anyway so for now I'll say no more.

link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
reply to post by Kram09

I'm actually curious about this one as well...

I read through it, and it seemed, while heated, not in violation.

I agree and would like to know why he is being censored for no clear violation. I read that post of his...have no idea why it was removed.

This is going to be a ghost town if mods can start removing posts just because they don't agree with them. Or because people are speaking against the decisions ATS is making.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Be still my heart!

I think this is a good Idea. We have all spoken with both of these lovely women in several threads and by now should be very aware of how intelligent they are.

Ladies, I wish you all the best with this endeavor!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
2. Case in point, Unscientific poll/survey regarding "Chick."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d581cd32f27e.jpg[/atsimg]

Poll Here[edit on 19-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

Woops! seems like the new results of the Poll are more decisive. Who could have guessed...

Source: blog.downtownwomensclub.com...

[edit on 19-4-2010 by December_Rain]

link   
Why have no mods responded to my questions in this thread?

link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

This is going to be a ghost town if mods can start removing posts just because they don't agree with them. Or because people are speaking against the decisions ATS is making.

That's an interesting thing to say considering the sheer amount of posts that match your above description - that have filled up this 25 page thread - and have not been removed.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I read what he wrote..

He was being a lil agressive about the whole thing. Not saying he was wrong just very passionate, about what he thought was right, in which I disagreed with. (Basically saying ATS was being sexist.) Which iin my opinion is a quick judgement, concluding a rationalization, without all the facts. Time will tell. I am sure it will be fair and lack the sexism, the few are thinking is going to happen.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Why have no mods responded to my questions in this thread?

Well I just got here. Link your questions or u2u them to me.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I have worked with the public for many years. I have been called baby cakes, little sis, little girl, cutie, hottie, hun, fox you name it. The only time I tore someone a new one was when they yelled "hey you" at me.

It's all about perceptions. I personally wouldn't use chicks to describe Asala or Ashley but then again I'm not trying to sell their show to a male audience. I can tell you when my hubby & I were trying to come up with a catchy name for our business it was harder than you'd think.

Springer is right about wanting to spread the word out to everyone. I think ATS has shown they are dedicated in doing just that. If they have to use the same tactics as the MSM more power to them. Imo that doesn't make this site a sell out it makes it devilishly crafty. I mean there is actual substance here not anything like the MSM. I love it. I hope this takes off. Maybe someday they could get a spot on link TV. Nothing like beating someone at their own game.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

You don't agree that it was off-topic. The staff felt it was. We'll have to agree to disagree then.

It is a bit odd that a minute ago you said you were going to u2u staff about this and not post it anymore and instead you've done the opposite. Either way, there's your answer.

We don't agree on everything. Sorry.

link   
I'll be watching to see if they have chemistry together, but I think they should use Obama's teleprompter or back the camera up a bit to keep the eyes looking straight ahead.

link   
reply to post by Kram09

Why was Mr Mask's comment on page 22 removed as off topic, when it clearly wasn't?

Carefull- this post will get removed as mine and many others did for being "off topic". I see many many members including myself who have also received warnings with no reason given- even though a quote or reason was requested...I have just been ignored. Seems this is more about 'bodyguarding' than moderating...And then seeing the same replies we have been warned for coming from moderators

I suppose when you don't like to hear that you have made a mistake which you will very soon regret- You just get rid of the feedback all together?

Someone mentioned that Springer and Skeptic would throw the towel in one of these days due to the lot of us- Well, let me tell you, judging by their new target audience that might happen sooner than you think- not so easy to control a bunch of hormonal teenage boys who do not care much for holding back when it comes to communicating online...

I now bow out of this discussion- I have stated how I feel about the situation- with good reason, seeing I received a u2u inviting me to take part in this thread and contribute my opinion ... even if it is not valued.

I do hope that ATS will retain it's integrity and passion for uncovering the truth and that that will remain their first priority- but I will not hold my breath... sadly...

Good luck guys! Seems you're going to need it

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

I said I wouldn't let it drop unless I got a satisfactory explanation. I have yet to receive one, after I have asked several times.

With all due respect sir, you have not answered my question.

How is that fair to just brush aside my concerns without an adequate explanation. But instead to just be told that the mods are eseentially right and I am wrong.

Mr Mask's post was NOT off topic as I and two other users have said.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I suppose when you don't like to hear that you have made a mistake which you will very soon regret- You just get rid of the feedback all together?

Precisely. That explains the 25 pages made up of quite a bit of negative feedback.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I think the idea is brilliant! However, I firmly believe that ATS just needs to be careful at how they portray Asala and AshleyD. I understand that making things hip and interesting is a genius marketing campaign, but others may not find the idea so "pristine". I must say that Asala and Ashley both are probably some of the smartest people on the boards and there track record proves that hands down. The women are going to give informed information and spark new and cool debate. It is up to the viewer as to how they will view the show. Will they choose to make it "sexual" or "derogatory? or will the viewers view it as informative and a learning experience. While some of the taglines, I will confess, are not my taste, particularly with the term "chicks", but there is no reason to turn that into a BIG DEAL. That is such a MINOR detail in the overall quality of the show. That there is no reason to flip out on the word chicks or even that the two women. And from the teasers this show is going to be top quality
And ATS members are in good hands with the information that they will be receiving.

Good luck to both Asala and Ashley.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join