It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fast ufos in the sky over Niagra falls Canada April 13th, 2010

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Drexon

Precise, yet erratic flight. Rapid accelerations. The hallmarks of a bug catcher.

In the OP video, there is no way to determine the distance, size, or speed of the objects.

[edit on 4/18/2010 by Phage]

Phage, you do realise that the BBC footage was filmed in an area probably two meters wide yes? How can someone follow a bat with a video camera without it being set in a likely place to capture a bat eating a moth?

You do not see the camera follow the bat, the cameramen probably waited days to capture that exact shot where they did not need to move the cam to get the shot of a bat capturing a moth.

If they had tracked the bat they would probably ended up with a big blurred mess.

Please debunk my comment.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

When they 'stop' the video stops too. It's hardly noticeable, but it's there. I'm sticking with swifts or nightjars and the uploader is visually 'misspeaking.'

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

My first impulse was swallows or martins. The bottom line is that the video provides misleading context.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Videos with no sound and no timestamp always bother me. We don't know if the speed of the video is being manipulated or not.

I guess I can't definitely say the OP video is not alien ship, so yes it's a UFO. Many videos contain UFO's , that doesn't mean it's an ET from another planet or galaxy.

It just means there's not enough information in the video to figure out what it is.

and to me that is this guys "MO". Makeing and posting videos with not enough info, or not "realesing all the info" sometimes, so he can post them as UFO video's.

Not a very hard thing to do.

Until I see something a little better than a point of light moving around the sky at an unknown distance, at unknown speeds, at an uknown date(sometimes), I think I'll hold out on declaring "this video is definitive proof of alien's visiting earth"!

Could it be an alien scout ship doing manuevers at high- altitude? Sure. But it also could "more likely" be dozens of other things. Including a hoax (ie tampered video).

I would love the opinion of an expert on these " objects"

Again, just not enough information in this video for me to say, Yes that HAS to be an Alien Craft, it cannot be anything else, I've ruled out every other possible thing this could be including hoax, because I saw it with my own eyes.

I'd LOVE to see video of a Real Alien craft, really I would. But some people just want to believe so badly thier common sense goes out the window.

I will say it definitely was an interesting watch so thanks for posting it OP

For now I don't know what it is. But my instincts, tells me it's of earthly origins.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Are you implying it is a bat?

If so please explain why you think it is a bat.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
the video doesn't scream "fake" like so many i've watched.
interesting. not getting a "bird" thing either.
hmm.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

Holy hell! Capt Phil died?!
Damn shame...damn shame...

Back on topic, Awesome video.
Kites? UAVs? Birds?

I don't know, did you see how they moved?\
Not something a kite or a UAV would do (at least with the tech we know of)
But a bird/bat, I don't know, the speed of the objects and the hovering and instant direction changes kill that explanation for me.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
They aren't bats, birds, bees, kites or planes according to the flight movements. However, without corroboration from multiple witnesses I'm going to assume that the video has been edited, manipulated, or tampered with in some way in order to add the objects in question. Someone mentioned he posts other videos that are clearly edited. If this is true then there is no reason to believe this one isn't also edited.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well for all you wanting to know the zoom. He says in another video he is using a digital night vision using the standard 5X Zoom lens recorded to computer using a remote controlled camera mount... and a USB video converter to Desktop computer.

Also another video with the object just hovering for awhile before moving erratically again. I don't think its a bat.. it could be, but its not conclusive in my opinion. Look at the other videos.. where this thing just hovers. I'm surprised no one else took the time it took me all of 1 minute to find what he's using, and the zoom.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I can't say for sure whether they are bats, swallows, starlings, some other insectovore or even chinese lanterns caught in odd winds... or spacecraft OR (a possibility no-one has yet mentioned) the ghostly spirits of Indian braves haunting their sacred hunting grounds. There just isn't enough information to say. I do favor the first part of the list over the latter, however.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Its someone who launched chinese lanters in a swamp, carrying the swamp gas with them. Then, the aurora borealis caught a reflection of of it, creating an optical illusion.

Debunked!

JK.

Great vid. These infrared/night vision shots are just really powerful UFO catchers. I heard somewhere that a photographer took photos using infrared and found all kinds of UFO's everywhere. This was a long time ago too .

The only way to debunk this video is to prove it was CGI.
His tracking seems to be perfect so if it is CGI he spent countless hours making that video.
The objects do not move relevant to the camera, which is common in most CGI clips.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by demonseed]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Check the amount of stars this thing passes. If it wasn't any larger than 1 foot long(the max size of a regular bat), do you really think he would be able to track it? Seriously, bats move very, very... fast. I can't track them with my (wide:lol
eyes, nevermind a video camera.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Wide-Eyes]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Im no bat expert or anything, but in the guys description, he says the video is shot during the coldest time. And it has not been hot here in Ontario lately. I live 1 hr drive away from Niagra. So my question is, do bats come out when its around lets say 15-5 Celsius? Nothing can be really said because theres no proof of when this video was shot, so its all up to you on believing the mans words or not.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Interesting how they show birds during the day and yet show something at night. Not even close to having similar situations.

Regardless.. what is viewed as being strange are bats. They too fly in erratic patterns such as what the vid is showing. And yes.. they give off heat signatures. Due to not knowing the "distance" and "size" of said objects we can only speculate.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
To me bats are out of the question,i can see why some would say that,but my issue is would a bat glow up on nightvision.i have played around with nightvision myself it barley picks my cat less than 2 metres away in the dark,wonder what equipment hes using?thanks for your time

regards

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by blaws572

Did you actually watch this ?

It's Birds !!!, without question

Unless Aliens are building UFO's with movable flapping wings, there
birds.

And you did challenge debunkers to debunk this bunk, so there
you have it.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
HA! It is obvious that some of the people on here are the "know it alls" we remember from school. The ones that just had to be right to feel cool, you know the ones that made you sick to your stomach just to listen to. They will give any explanation, even knowing full well that there is no truth at all in what they say (liars). Im not saying these are ufo's, but it is extremely obvious that they are not kites, birds, or bats. And it is rediculous to even imply that. I am all for different theories on things, but wow! Some people have some sort of hidden agenda or something to even make these absurd claims.
I have seen these many, many times and so can ANY one of you! You just have to have patience they are there. I always assumed them to be satellites,myself, untill I saw one turn. Some could be satellites, but birds and bats are done here I hope!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Chadwickus stated the problem clearly. There are no visual reference points to determine the "lights'" altitude, therefore it is impossible to determine their size and speed. They could be vast orbs at the edge of the solar system travelling at enormous speed, or mosquitoes six inches from the camera. Personally, I'm leaning towards bats.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by DJW001]

Yup, it's a shame there's no reference points - no speed/height measurements are possibled so there's no real way of figuring out what it is. Bats? Giant aliens from another galaxy? I don't think there's any way of telling either way.

It's still an interesting video tho!
S&F.

It's the acceleration makes me go hmmmmmm - it looked to me like it at least doubled its speed (or halfed its altitude relative to the camera?) in a very short space of time.

We'll never know I suppose, but it's one of the most interesting vids I've seen in a long time.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Well, I have officially seen debunking go to its lowest point yet on this thread.

1. bats
2. birds
3. insects.

And who said the children weren't the future??? At least they weren't lacking on the warshak tests. LOL.

How about flying monkeys with flashlights??? Hey, that sounds more conventional than a UFO right??? Definitely more logical. After all, everyone knows that monkeys grow wings at night...RIGHT???

How about groundhogs riding roman candles??? That's even more logical. Oh, but I've heard that they only ride roman candles on MLK day and every other Christmas eve, so, that knocks that right out of the water.

Or...how about bats on acid flying Space Shuttles??? Now, that's the most logical explanation yet. I mean, afterall...bats are real, and so are space shuttles...So, I think that is probably the strongest explanation yet. The only question is..."Where do the bats get the acid??? Most drug dealers won't lower themselves to selling a smelly bat some street acid, so, there's a possibility that this explanation needs a little more looking into.

The depths to which people will choose to remain asleep goes further than the depths of the ocean.

OOOh my GOD...wait. THE OCEAN!!! Of course. How could I have missed this before???

They are ill-tempered sea bass with frikkin' lasers attached to their frikkin' heads!!!

Well, there's your explanation!!!

Much love to all...

[edit on 18-4-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
You can't tell from the video what the object is, but the light "from" it is constantly modulating in a erratic fashion. This would be like a reflective surface, or a lit surface that has a non linear interference pattern along with it, so very birdlike, and organic in form. I don't think of a Bat, they tend to circle a lot round their territory. What I have seen doing the same sort of thing is a piece of sea or water foam carried around by the wind.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join