It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation; 4 Horsemen-Why?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
here is my take on the 4 horseman, the UN the WHO, the WEC and lastly NATO, since their creation the would has known death, wage/economic hard ship, false peace, and disease. No other time in the worlds history have so many suffered, died from what man has created, diseases are on the rise ones that were controlled or thought to be eliminated are on the come back, wild food is no longer safe, cows fish deer birds vegetables not safe to eat, we are close to a days pay for food, the oil and wine seem to be safe as too the value, wine will last for ever $1,000,000.00 for a bottle? look that up,oil has not declined, but on the rise. yes folks they have arrived, there is no peace, wars, killings, riot's, are now the norm. we were warned and what is to come has been foretold.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Thank you for those comments.
To me, the things you describe seem to say "4 Horsemen not quite arrived, but possibly getting close". That would be my take on it.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ney2x

you beat me to it!

also, i was just going to post on the sphinx thread about how the sphinx represents the 4 elements brought together into one. it represents the creation of matter.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

how can you say "not rived"? what more do you want, a cnn interview? live in the studio we have the 4 horseman.
tell me what you would think was proof of there arrival.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I'm looking for ch6 v8; Death given power over a fourth of the earth (a quarter of the earth's population?) with sword and with famine and with pestilence. I would call that proof.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

are you saying in a day, year or 100 years, for this is unclear to me as to the time frame, could you enlighten me on this, for i am thinking of when knowledge becomes instant, the dawn of the internet, and from the time of ww1 till know, i know i could be wrong, to me it seems that the first would last and the last be first, the pale rider, for hell flowed him and we all know war is hell the in 1914 till 1918 man found new ways of killing like no other time, and new ways of conquering, from that time the world has had no peace, then there was the great depression of 1929, a days pay for a loaf of bread, then we come today, where there is even more of this, oil is now the driving force not food, nor land. and i think if you do the math you will find that 1/4 of the world is effected by the 4 horseman. just my view of the white, red, black, and pail, riders.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

are you saying in a day, year or 100 years, for this is unclear to me as to the time frame,

I was thinking more or less simultaneously, so within a couple of years.
This would make it a disaster which was obvious to everyone, rather than one which had to be pointed out.
I was expressing this in my other thread on the 4 Horsemen theme;
4 Horsemen; How?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzo

Your explanation does not account for what the Horsemen are actually doing, the various events described.
There's a story in this chapter and explaining the story has to involve more than finding the number 4 somewhere.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
4 horsemen/ 4 horses of different colours

just another multi-layered device where one can delve endlessly into the "mind-of-G0D" ...
which equates to deeper & deeper levels of sophistry and mindnumbing swimming in
thoughts filled with arcane ideas

4 are the cardinal directions of the physical Earth,
the 4 winds,
the cardinal cross in the heavens,
~Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn~ that unfold the destinies of men

the 4 horsemen motif is to represent worldly events, not heavenly things which is '7'

Four layers or levels or sequential things... it is meant to be considered as 'holographic'

the four colors are symbolic and meant to program ones mind to accept the info which follows,
one might say the colors are archtype, built into the collective conscious, that may be true

organization is the manifestation of G0D...hence the tradition of 4 different colored horses w/horsemen

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
the 4 horsemen motif is to represent worldly events, not heavenly things which is '7'

The number is also, of course, very much tied to the four "living creatures" around the throne in ch4, who are summoning the horsemen one by one.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Thankyou for reminding me, yes, WAR is hell and if you remember, the angel told Daniel that from the time Christ died, wars will be determined and desolations shall happen.

The key to understanding Revelations is remembering this, that the visions are the things that were, the things that are and the things to come. It's about the past, it can be applied to our time now, and it's about the future. It is basically saying History repeats itself but it lets us know what's going to happen next so we can be prepared.

The seven seals were during the time of Jesus ministry on earth, these are the things that were, the Lamb prevailed to loose all seven seals. After he loosed the seventh, we can these things happening over the years, in succession. These are the things that are. And yes they are to come as well as Disraeli sees. But if right now is the time of the Witnesses, I believe the future is here and the cycle has begun again.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I am not sure if anyone gonna agree with me, but i will express my opinion as to what is all about, according from my point of view.

First you gonna have to see the whole picture. You have "Jesus" who hold a "scroll", which is "Sealed" with "Seven Seals". This whole picture is referring as the "Seven Year Tribulation". Now the "Bible" itself is referred as a Book of "Prophecies" and "Moral Teachings". The "Scroll" it self represents the "Earth", the "Seven-Seals" represents "Seven Prophecies" and Jesus represents " The Living Word".

Now coming to your question "4 Horsemen-Why?" . Those 4 Horsemen are key figures. To put it in right words those 4 horsemen are the catalyst of some major events.

" I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest."

Now in my opinion that refers to a future person, that will come with the Intesion to raise "War" since he holds a "Bow". Note that he will will be an important "Leader" since was given to him a "Crown" and was sent to "conquer".

"When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come!" Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword."

The second horseman may represent the war of conquest as opposed to civil war that the first horseman brings. The red horse could also be spiritual war.

"When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!"

The third horseman rides a black horse and is generally understood as Famine.The horseman carries a pair of balances or weighing scales, indicating the way that bread would have been weighed during a famine.
Now out of the four horsemen, the black horse and its rider are the only ones whose appearance is accompanied by a vocal pronunciation, as John hears a voice, unidentified but coming from among the four living creatures, that speaks of the prices of wheat and barley.

This suggests that the black horse's famine is to drive up the price of grain but leave oil and wine supplies unaffected. One explanation for this is that grain crops would have been more naturally susceptible to famine years than olive trees and grapevines, which root more deeply; the statement might also suggest a continuing abundance of luxuries for the wealthy while staples such as bread are scarce, though not totally depleted.

"When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!" I looked and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hell was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth."

The fourth and final horseman is named Death. Of all the riders, he is the only one to whom the text itself explicitly gives a name. The verse beginning "they were given power over a fourth of the earth" may refer solely to Death and Hades as the word " Hades" can be translated as "Hell". Another possibility is that it may summarize the roles of all four horsemen, which the outcome is simply Death.

As i said at the beginning this is simply my point of View.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

so you see it as one event not over time, if you are right that would be one shock to the world, do you think 2012 fits in? or is the 2 years just a thought? you do open ones mind to the possibility's of what john has written, i like your work it makes one think! As to your "why" would it be a way of saying repent know for this is the last chance the would has, or would it be to late for man kind?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
so you see it as one event not over time, if you are right that would be one shock to the world, do you think 2012 fits in?

Yes, it would be a shock. I see that as the whole point of doing it.
I don't see any particlar reason to fix on dates; and the people who fix on 2012 are normally doing it for non-Biblical reasons, which ought to make us wary.
But if anything as drastic as this is happening in that year, then it might be seen as a fulfilment.
In my theory, the next stage after that is the rise of the Beast before the second, more final, collapse.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

Thank you for that contribution.
I did a separate thread (it's in the lists as "4 Horsemen- running") on what the horsemen would look like in practice.
The main difference from your suggestions is that I see the first horse not as about war, but about plague and pestilence. To me, it is disease that is represented by the use of bow and arrow (there are examples of this imagery elsewhere), and it is disease that is doing the conquering.
Then the second horse is simply "war", and the need to make distinctions about different kinds of war disappears.
This makes the first three horsemen Plague, War, and Famine- the fact that the same three are accompanying Death and Hades is just another way of saying that all four go together.
Your final sentence is very similar to the conclusion I came to.
I suggested that the four horses were "running together"- or rather Death was running close behind the first three to pick up all the corpses.

edit on 27-10-2010 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I now attach a link to connect this thread with my discussion, of ch4, which lays out sets out the power of the Creator-God as the foundation for the events in this book;
"In the Presence of God"

edit on 2-12-2010 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Right now we know of three nuclear plants in Japan that are in trouble. What if a fourth one goes the same route? Could they be the four horsemen, causing untold death on a global scale?
edit on 3/14/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

There's room for argument about the identity of the "four horsemen", but all the signs are that they are four different things, not four of the same.

Plague, War, and Famine, traditionally, with Death following on behind to pick up the corpses.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
There is now an Index, covering all these Revelation threads, at this location;

Index of Revelation threads

This thread is numbered as #7 in the "order of chapters" list and Biblical reference index.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Just to clarify;
Nothing in the OP is intended to suggest any particular prophetic signifcance in the year 2012 or the date 21/12/2012

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join