It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona to allow concealed weapons without permit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al
reply to post by Destiny Of Souls

Unless I'm Miss Taken, It's only Illegal to carry a concealed weapen.

To me, the thought of this just mind boggling.
Imagine a state where every School Marm ,Kid, Bartender, Patron is walking
around with a Gun strapped to thier side. It's just maddness.
Paranoid and scared of shadows is putting it lightly.

Yes, and this totally means that 12 year olds will be walking around with AK-47s concealed in their backpacks?!

And, if owning a gun meant that you "were scared of every little shadow" there would be a lot more people shooting up their house every time they heard a noise at night. But I don't hear too many stories like that and they would certainly circulate due to the anti-gun lobbiers.

You haven't kept your freedom, youv'e lost it. Your safe and free when you can walk down to the local shop without wearing a Gun.

True. But that's not the case right now. And making people "sitting ducks" against better-armed and more dangerous criminals is not protecting the right people -- the average law-abiding citizen.

Just as the war on drugs has done nothing to prevent the crime, gun laws do nothing to stop them from getting into the hands of criminals.

If you ask me, I would rather have every one of my neighbors armed and ready than have a burglar will ill intentions ransack the neighborhood with an oozie.

If someone wants to commit a crime and kill someone, they aren't going to bother going through the legal measures of licensing and registering their gun. They'll get a gun illegally, kill the person, and dump the weapon.

Ironically, the US Military had tried to remove guns from the Iraq Civilian
population in order to stem the tide of violence.

I'm sure that had nothing to do with the fact that many citizens of Iraq considered us the criminals and were shooting at our military? Or, the simple fact that Iraq's gun laws are nothing like ours. Do you really think there is a registered list of lawful gun owners in Iraq?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I may have to move to Phoenix. Unless the drug war is hitting anywhere near there.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tempesillest

Well, the class is a good idea- definitely not a waste of time or money. Despite all the "sky is falling" rhetoric, I agree that this won't change much regarding the number of gun owners and that it will have a positive effect on crime. (I wish Texas would do this, too)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I feel this is a good idea if there are proper checks on who is packing.

Here are the restrictions that I feel should be in place.

No one should be allowed to pack if they...

have been convicted of...

DWI
Domestic violence
Child abuse
Issues with alcohol or drugs
Issues with anger management
Mental health issues

or previous infractions involving fire arms.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Just the fact that the government was able to stage things like Columbine and Port Arthur, there's a reason they don't want you to have guns. The druggie gangs in Juarez are killing record numbers of persons, but the news plays it down. 200,000 died in Haiti of an earthquake? The police aren't there to protect you any more. I don't have a gun and don't know how to use one but I feel better that they are there, the criminals are going to have a hard time plowing through the United States of America. There are not enough police to arrest every citizen in the country. They think they can wear us down with criminal gangs. If enough people had guns it would not be possible. The Swiss are smart about government, our founding fathers were influenced by them. They believe in vigilance with their democracy. It is your duty to defend your freedom.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beach Bum
I may have to move to Phoenix. Unless the drug war is hitting anywhere near there.

the Drug War has turned Phoenix...
into the kidnap capital of the world...

They are only second to San Diego in armed home invasions...

they have a very good reason to want to carry guns ya know...

[edit on 17-4-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I lived in CT for a long time and I'm ashamed to admit that other states have a better grip on The Constitution than we do. For a place that calls itself The Constitution State we are woefully uneducated about it. The freedom/libertarian movement is very small, but we are very wealthy and supposedly educated. It's a good example of an oxymoron. The highest per capita income, but 3 of the top ten poorest cities in the nation(as of my last knowledge). The Constitution State was ground zero for Eminant Domain and the stealing of personal property rights. I wish CT would get it's act together. Where I live now, in RI, they even have medical marijuana and caregiver laws(statutes). More states need to get their acts together and CT could lead the way if the people would take the initiative to make it happen. Good on ya Arizona.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by BrianInRI]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Double post

[edit on 17-4-2010 by BrianInRI]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
So it goes into effect in July/August timeframe...

I think I'll carry my ccw permit with me up until the experiation date.

But once it expires, that means I can leave it at home and still carry, right?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This is the kind of thing I thought would never be possible. Thier might be some light at the end of this tunnel. And its so close (current location Hesperia Ca.) I'm seriously thinking about moving only if they got rid of those damn traffic cams...Anyway anyone out there with a 3br they got layin around???

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Well, the wild west has very edgy people, and i believe in the right to carry but concealed?

One little traffic jam downtown Phoenix ought to do it.

Whether it is under your shirt or on your hip the gun is still available in your scenario, but with concealed who does a mugger pick to rob or a car jacker pick to jack as examples? Even that 80 year old lady could be packing and deadly… hehe

[edit on 17-4-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Broken link deleted - stretching page

[edit on 17/4/10 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Observe now how violent crime goes down. The more people packing heat the better.

10 out of 10 criminals agree on Gun Control!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I am all for this.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment, the United States of America Bill of Rights.

"infringed" is a very specific and clear word choice.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClearJustMind
Observe now how violent crime goes down. The more people packing heat the better.

10 out of 10 criminals agree on Gun Control!

You don't understand the violent criminal mind. It's not like TV where there is an exchange of gunfire with the good guys pulling in time to protect themselves.

Violent criminals intent on the commission of a crime will now shoot you in the back and kill you, then rob you, steal your gun, rape your GF and kill her with your gun and kill any witnesses such as your kids.

Crime in fact may go down but the crimes commited will be much more bloody and deadly.

I carry and so does my GF, but in our firearms class, it was stressed that the feeling of power and safety is mostly an illusion.

It was also stressed that when in fact a firearm is needed; it's the only thing that will do.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Good for Arizona.

Given the increasing amount of cross border violence and kidnappings, you can bet your ass I would be armed. The first person to bust down my door gets both barrels to the face...

Every gangbanger standing on the street corner is armed. To say that law abiding citizens shouldn't be means you are an idiot...

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This is yet another reason why Im moving out of the peoples republic of Kalifornia. It will feel nice to live in a real free state.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Well speaking from a canadian perpective this is totaly foreign to me.
There are no provisions for canadians to conceal or carry weapons in plain sight for that matter.

I have my Firearms Aquisition Certificate and without that you CAN not have a firearm in canada. Minimum year in jail if your caught with a un-registered gun. I think though this is a good system for canada.

The ONLY draw back is the way the law looks at pistols..
Fact is if your out west hunting and you have a .300 rem mag and you want to kill someone you can do it more effictivly then if you had a pistol.
Remeber a pistols range compared to a rifle. The only reason i want to carry a pistol is for BEAR deffence when im fly fishing. But i cant because of the law. You have to have the pistol locked up on your side!!!! How ridicolous is that. And a pistol certicifacte is a totaly different beast here. Im REALLY getting sick of the conservative govt saying they will get rid of the registry then never do. Just more double talk and bs from the man we all know and love. HEIL HARPER. jk

creaton91
truenorthstrongandfree

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Where I am from, in tribal area a 5 year old kid carry a gun and they upgrade it to Russian automatic when they grow up to be around 10 years old. There is no theft, no rape and no crime in those areas even if you walk in the middle of the night. However, when you cross the line to be in the city where Police suppose to control the crime, you have all kind of crimes. Justice is always favored to the powerful. The People of Tribal Area they stand together. If they have trouble in City, they don't take the matter to court. They resolve it through force. Believe me not only Police but also the Court system is afraid of them. But as a member of Tribal Area, if you did something wrong, you better tell the truth to the elders of the Community, because they don't want trouble with the Government and they make sure that you come out clean. People are generally responsible. Arizona is not wrong to pass this kind of law. Trust me there will be more peace in that State than any other one. This my 2 cents based on observation.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I applaud this move as well , Bravo Arizona. We need to put America back into the peoples hands one step at a time.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join