It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona to allow concealed weapons without permit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I feel this is a good idea if there are proper checks on who is packing.

Here are the restrictions that I feel should be in place.

No one should be allowed to pack if they...

have been convicted of...

DWI
Domestic violence
Child abuse
Issues with alcohol or drugs
Issues with anger management
Mental health issues

or previous infractions involving fire arms.

this post is rather iconic

don't u think a gun toting public
would be self regulating?

Those you mention above wouldn't be
alive long enough to reload.

If you act the fool, you get dead.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I understand that I like my chances with a gun then without a gun though. I also think people who follow the gun law and take proper tests and certs they can pull much faster and always hit their target too.

You're right. It's not like the movies. It takes a matter of seconds to hit a criminal. I don't miss like they do int he movies, at a point blank target.

Go Arizona!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by m khan
Just the fact that the government was able to stage things like Columbine

Wow. I thought flat earth society folks were embracing ignorance.... HA you showed me.

Originally posted by BrianInRI
I lived in CT for a long time and I'm ashamed to admit that other states have a better grip on The Constitution than we do. For a place that calls itself The Constitution State we are woefully uneducated about it. The freedom/libertarian movement is very small, but we are very wealthy and supposedly educated. It's a good example of an oxymoron. The highest per capita income, but 3 of the top ten poorest cities in the nation(as of my last knowledge). The Constitution State was ground zero for Eminant Domain and the stealing of personal property rights. I wish CT would get it's act together. Where I live now, in RI, they even have medical marijuana and caregiver laws(statutes). More states need to get their acts together and CT could lead the way if the people would take the initiative to make it happen. Good on ya Arizona.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by BrianInRI]

How about the Live free or die state? Pretty far from that for real. I was actually surprised/disgusted that they say that but have some of the laws they do.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Destiny Of Souls

As soon as I can..I'm moving to AZ

Or I can just hope that other states will follow

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Violent criminals intent on the commission of a crime will now shoot you in the back and kill you, then rob you, steal your gun, rape your GF and kill her with your gun and kill any witnesses such as your kids.

They will do this anyway. It is no worse getting killed with your own gun or theirs. They [criminals] certainly aren't going to approach someone that is armed if they are not and suddenly decide to start killing everyone if that wasn't their intention to begin.

You seem to be implying that the mere sight of a gun is going to turn criminals into more violent criminals that kill.... I disagree. They are already carrying concealed weapons if they ever have the intention of using one.

Crime in fact may go down but the crimes commited will be much more bloody and deadly.

Do you think they are not killing people now?
How is finding 22 people on the side of a highway in Mexico, some beheaded, more than 6 were children, not already bloody and deadly?

How would this crime have been worse if the people now dead were carrying weapons? There were no survivors to begin with. The only other person is this situation that could have been killed but wasn't was the killer himself.

It was also stressed that when in fact a firearm is needed; it's the only thing that will do.

Very true! You don't bring a sling shot to a gun fight and expect to win. Keep in mind, the criminals are already armed.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Light of Night

I like the change, considering a move to AZ.

What will the reaction be from traffic cops in States the have strict gun control laws? Maybe they will hesitate to stop out of State driver with AZ tags.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al
reply to post by Destiny Of Souls

Unless I'm Miss Taken, It's only Illegal to carry a concealed weapen.

To me, the thought of this just mind boggling.
Imagine a state where every School Marm ,Kid, Bartender, Patron is walking
around with a Gun strapped to thier side. It's just maddness.
Paranoid and scared of shadows is putting it lightly.

And what about carrying a Machete, as long as it's in a Scabbard.

Hey, where i come from , a Machete is the lawnmower, the favorites of serial killeres, nail pickers, toenail pickers, teeth pickers, ...its "the tool" for everything and then some!!! I agree!

Seriously, i'd be even more paranoid if i suspected everyone! No kidding! AND i would feel a much bigger loss of freedom, as you said.

I like your perspective!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

If you do will you go to Tempe and send me pictures of Walmart? I miss it so..... *sigh* then if you would go just one block and go to the call center and tell them dgtempe sent you, they'd hire you asap.

Oh and bring your weapon. They check them in when you go through the door.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Ironically, the US Military had tried to remove guns from the Iraq Civilian
population in order to stem the tide of violence.

Ironically???...you mean the US government hasn't been try to take away it's own citizen's guns?

Out of curiosity...how do you think it's been going for them over there?

I don't own a gun but a bunch of my neighbors and close friends do. I have taken courses on gun safety, fired many guns, and feel comfortable if the need arises to handle one safetly and effectively.

Less restrictions on guns will lead to less violence then trying to rip them out of people's "cold dead hands" imho.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I feel this is a good idea if there are proper checks on who is packing.

Here are the restrictions that I feel should be in place.

No one should be allowed to pack if they...

have been convicted of...

DWI
Domestic violence
Child abuse
Issues with alcohol or drugs
Issues with anger management
Mental health issues

or previous infractions involving fire arms.

Interesting list. The elites can use at least two of those to strip anyone of their right to own a gun. They have the power to decide who has mental health issues or anger management issues.

Where in the 2nd amendment does it give the government the right to restrict the right to bear arms?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Love it.. in Washington they have open carry laws, and a Starbucks recently kicked a man out with a holster. A gun advocacy group protested, so Starbucks changed to a open-carry-friendly policy. Now the same group is having members show up at random locations wearing their gun. When a guy shows up at a shopping center down the street, people FREAKED and called the cops, said there was a guy with a gun trying to kill people. Cops show up, arrested him on trumped up charges of "inciting panic". Naturally, the police are being sued out the wazoo.

But honestly, who does this hurt? Ya, I s'pose criminals can now walk around with a gun openly.. but what criminal will? If your going to rob a store, a person, or just go crazy .. your going to surprise people, your going to hide it... and if you wanted to do any of that, your not going to care about laws to begin with?

But normal people, they can now openly carry their weapons.. and if someone wants to mug you, and they see a .38 on your hip .. in all likeliness they will skip you, and mug some trumped up self righteous liberal to afraid to pack heat.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Again, not sure of the wording of this document but I would hope rather than be looked at as a "Granted Right" by the government that it is a recognition that it is a natural and immutable right and entitlement for which the "Government" can under no circumstances interfere with. It is not a philosophical difference but a difference in the natural rights of a freeman given by the Supreme Being versus a "Granted Right" by man. The "governments" need to recognize it is a right completely outside of the governments domain of authority and therefore untouchable and even criminal for man to claim authority to grant or deny to others.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
When I lived in AZ to conceal carry was like a 3 hour course. So this isn't a huge step.

What I found is that people still educated themselves beyond what was required, and took gun safey seriously.

You heard far more about pool drownings then anything dealign with guns.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

But honestly, who does this hurt? Ya, I s'pose criminals can now walk around with a gun openly.. but what criminal will? If your going to rob a store, a person, or just go crazy .. your going to surprise people, your going to hide it... and if you wanted to do any of that, your not going to care about laws to begin with?

If it's legal to open-carry then a gun openly carried in a holster is hidden in plain sight.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
When they cleaned the gun laws off the books here in Alaska, nothing changed. We are not having shoot outs in the streets.Granted we tend to be more gun savvy and experienced in safe use of them.

The problem is the paranoia of an inanimate object. Logic is a useful tool to have IMO.

Dangerous criminals love gun laws and applaud those who want them. You are in fact a violent criminals best friends. You enable them to do the bad things they do and you do it on purpose. You take good peoples means of defense away so bad people can more easily and safely commit their crimes. You are in fact hero's to violent criminals. When anti-gun laws pass, the inmates in the prisons cheer.

[edit on 4/17/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Good thing! I hope that every loony now buys a gun, pulls it when he feels threatened by some unnamed "illegal alien", everyone else pull theirs out, mass-shootout ensues. No living people left in Arizona. Big problem solved! Arizona back to a nice nature reserve to be enjoyed by those WITH a brain.....(as in: the rest of civilized America)

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by diakrite
Good thing! I hope that every loony now buys a gun, pulls it when he feels threatened by some unnamed "illegal alien", everyone else pull theirs out, mass-shootout ensues. No living people left in Arizona. Big problem solved! Arizona back to a nice nature reserve to be enjoyed by those WITH a brain.....(as in: the rest of civilized America)

Just stay in your blue state and you'll be okay.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This news article brightened my day until I came across the part that says

"Under the Arizona legislation, people carrying a concealed weapon will be required to tell a police officer that if asked, and the officer can temporarily take the weapon while communicating with the person."

That was one of the major REASONS we have the 2nd amendment - to protect ourselves from the government! The new law is great, but in a sense hypocritical.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by A-E-I-Owned-You

How about the Live free or die state? Pretty far from that for real. I was actually surprised/disgusted that they say that but have some of the laws they do.

Really? Care to give some examples, please? NH seems just fine to me!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join