It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Europe hit by volcanic ash

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Flights on sight are allowed now in Germany, this means the pilots may fly under or arround the cloud.

The speaker of the pilots said, this is nonsense. Either there is a danger or there isn't.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Seems there is a new ash cloud heading to the UK as it is on the BBC News channel right now. Airports monitoring so there might not be any planes flying tomorrow....

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalenga
Seems there is a new ash cloud heading to the UK as it is on the BBC News channel right now. Airports monitoring so there might not be any planes flying tomorrow....

Here's a link I just got,
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy
[moreThis is great as it seems ATS is keeping up with the news as it happens... Best for peeps to come on here to find the latest news on what is happening?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Hahahaha, I knew it all along!!!
Astronomer calls fear for ash a hype!
Here's my thread about it:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Regenstorm]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Just saw a plane fly over Belgium, maybe more where before and more are to come

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Why are Gatwick and heathrow still shut?? I have seen 8 passenger planes in 15 mins fly over kent uk in the no fly zone here is some video proof I have just taken on my nokia 5800. I have also taken some video close up of those and more planes with my sony camcorder its just a pain to upload may do later when have more time. However you can see two planes in this video .

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

The no fly zone currently only extends to 20,000 feet and below, because that is where the ash is currently cirulating. This aircraft appears to be making a trail, which only occurs at relatively high altitudes, likely as not, well in excess of the 20,000 feet below which, the no fly zone is in opperation.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Aye, because the ash is now at lower levels, continental aircraft can fly over the UK at 30,000ft in safety. However, within the UK aircraft will have to ascend/descend through the ash hence our airports remain closed.

Worth noting that so long as ash was being emitted, it was always likely that Britain would be the last country to reopen airports - back last Thursday we were not expecting flights to resume until the end of this week.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by tarifa37

The no fly zone currently only extends to 20,000 feet and below, because that is where the ash is currently cirulating. This aircraft appears to be making a trail, which only occurs at relatively high altitudes, likely as not, well in excess of the 20,000 feet below which, the no fly zone is in opperation.

Thanks, also breaking news from sky is that Heathrow will be allowing some flights out starting in the next hour. I think this is a fast changing situation and hopefully some normality will resume soon.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
How are the volcano's actually doing right now?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Airports are open since 11:00 o'clock in Germany. I just took a look at the website of the airport Cologne/Bonn. Although a big banner says, everything is coming back to normal, 9 of the 10 flights they show on the mainpage are cancelled, the tenth has delay.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter.be
How are the volcano's actually doing right now?

Still erupting but a lot less than before.

volcano cam here

and here

[edit on 21-4-2010 by bigyin]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Euro-TRASH covered by volcanic ASH. Just kidding, hope everyone is doing well and the Global warming freaks keep a lid on it!

Hopefully, there will not be a Round 2, as others have said.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
At 06 seconds into the video we have a shockwave , have a look, i liked it.
mbl.is...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Back to normal flights here. Today the skies were filled with contrails/chemtrails in my part of Wales, UK. The past week of clear skies has made the trails stand out even more. And now the sky is just one whole haze. One plane was jetting out 6 trails, anyone know what sort of plane emits 6 trails?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

Aye, been a lot of comments on weather forums on the stark difference. Just shows how much aircraft affect our skies.

Even I never realised before just how much high level cloud is entirely manmade.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

Too right,damned shame they are flying again in some ways IMO...just when I was beginning to appreciate the drop in overall "air noise",the planes fire up again.

Its been nice the last few days for the quietness at night especially,the only thing I didnt like was all the ash dust on the cars round where I live (N Wales).

Oh well we need planes I suppose,and will do until someone invents proper anti grav systems.

Back to the general noise/air pollution it is then,for now.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think it depends if you are closer to Iceland or if the wind is blowing more
of the ash your way then you should wear a mask. The ash is microscopic
but too much could block your lungs. Again, only if you are really near
the volcano. Some of the people in my class are stuck abroad.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Refluir
At 06 seconds into the video we have a shockwave , have a look, i liked it.
mbl.is...

WOAW, impressive

And indeed, chemtrail or contrail, there ARE MORE CLOUDS DUE THE PLANES, boooo

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join