It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear blast victims would have to wait ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I'm beginning to feel a false flag nuke style coming up soon. The feds keephyping up that a nuke hit is unavoidable and even Iran played into their hand by warning of sleeper agents in our cities with nuke suitcase boms ready to go.
anyhow here is the latest.

The White House has warned state and local governments not to expect a "significant federal response" at the scene of a terrorist nuclear attack for 24 to 72 hours after the blast, according to a planning guide. www.usatoday.com...

scary crap...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

Iran played into their hand by warning of sleeper agents in our cities with nuke suitcase boms ready to go.

When did they say that? Any sources....? I heard last year about thousands of Iranian Hezbollah Jihadi's waiting for orders to attack western cities, but don't remember anything about nukes.

scary crap...

It is, but 1-3 days would be reasonable response given the necessity to suit everyone up & w/ the necessary equipment, give out instructions and actually get to the blast site.

The news over the past few days has consistently warned of nuclear attacks, but it is a nuclear conference and we expected Obama to talk about nuclear terrorism, so really we don't know if it's a real signal of what's to come, or just more fear-mongering.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by john124]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

here is the link to the story about hidden nukes in American cities...sorry I forgot to include it in the OP.

The statement published by Kayhan said: "If the US strikes Iran with nuclear weapons, there are elements which will respond with nuclear blasts in the centers of America's main cities." For the first time, debkafile's military sources report, Tehran indicated the possibility of passing nuclear devices to terrorists capable of striking inside the United States. www.debka.com...

[edit on 14-4-2010 by joey_hv]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

Hypothetically speaking if and when a nuke goes off wouldn't the EMP prevent any non hardened equipment from working anyway? Choppers and trucks would be useless until it disapated. AKA Rescue vehicles.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by joey_hv

Hypothetically speaking if and when a nuke goes off wouldn't the EMP prevent any non hardened equipment from working anyway? Choppers and trucks would be useless until it disapated. AKA Rescue vehicles.

well yeah, anything in the blast zone will be fried, but I think they want to wait until a bit until the strongest radiation fallout dessipates a bit before brinign in equipment/personnel from outside. Not too much they will be able to do anyways besides evacuate survivors.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The Iranian nuke thing is just a threat, IMO

Iran still hasn't mastered nuclear technology. If they did, then they would have a nuclear power plant up and running just to keep the world off its back, since it constantly claims that the only reason for its nuclear ambition is for peaceful energy generation.

Plus, I just don't see dozens of nuclear weapons being smuggled into the US and kept hidden.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Artilleryman
The Iranian nuke thing is just a threat, IMO

Iran still hasn't mastered nuclear technology. If they did, then they would have a nuclear power plant up and running just to keep the world off its back, since it constantly claims that the only reason for its nuclear ambition is for peaceful energy generation.

Plus, I just don't see dozens of nuclear weapons being smuggled into the US and kept hidden.

Oh no...

BUENOS AIRES, April 14 (Reuters) - A reactor being built by Russia at Iran's Bushehr nuclear power plant is scheduled to open in August, the head of Russia's state nuclear corporation said on Wednesday. www.reuters.com...

...you were saying?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I think the main reason for this is because before you start a planned or directed operation, you need to make certain assessments. In this case the people on the ground making the assessments would not exactly be capable of doing so, most likely injured or killed in the process.

Also we must keep in mind that the red, yellow and green zones need to be sealed off and accessed on a limited basis to avoid over contamination, cross contamination, and perimeter breaches (towards the outside)...

Add this to the physical problems caused by the EMP to the communications, vehicles, and other equipment, I could easily believe that it would take a few days to set everything up and have it running full scale.

Just a cop's opinion...

Magnum

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Oh and BTW...

If you are in the red zone and survive, you are considered dead and will not be helped.

If you are in the yellow zone or make it to the yellow zone and are severely injured, you will be considered dead or soon to be dead and will probably not be helped.

This is the unfortunate reality of triage.... and remember that we are usually the first ones in with the firemen and paramedics... It was a pretty scary thing to hear when we did preparedness training...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
You cannot really blame them on this choice as why would one send in the army to a highly radioactive zone?

new topics

top topics

join