It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Differences Between The Brains of Homosexuals and Heterosexuals

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
[edit on 14-4-2010 by Hullabaloo]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
Classy...

But the difference is I will procreate and gays CAN'T. So they will be bred out.

Now that a horrifying thought

Gay people have been around since as long as we can remember (records of male/male sex go back as far as the start of the Roman empire).....over 2000 years ago, even before Jesus. So if you "hope" gay people will be bred out, then you are completely mistaken. I actually find the thought of you eventually realising that extremely amusing

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Sorry, I didn't read all thread but this is nice citation from Wikipedia:

A 1999 review by researcher Bruce Bagemihl shows that homosexual behavior has been observed in close to 1500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, and is well documented for 500 of them.

Did Mr Creator mistake somewhere? Or is homosexuality REALLY normal among Earth species? How about aliens and homosexuality?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Let's run with this thought that being "gay" ( I love the fact that you guys stole that term) isnormal and that Gay people do NOT give birth to gay kids.

Which is it?

Are you born gay? Are you born normal and turn that way because of the environment?

If a species produces children that CAN NOT reproduce through normal procreation and MUST reproduce by stepping outside of its norm then that means two things...

It IS a broken species.

It will never be healthy and thus maintaining its position as a broken species.

You guys can ONLY reproduce by forced procreation.

There is NO species on Earth that survives this way.

You are broken. Either by environment or by genetics. But nature is telling you something.

You ARE NOT meant to be.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Let's run with this thought that being "gay" ( I love the fact that you guys stole that term) isnormal and that Gay people do NOT give birth to gay kids.

Which is it?

Stole the term? From what, the dictionary? Everyone knows what "gay" means in this context. Getting hung up on the etymology is not productive. English is functional more than it is strictly defined and formalized, "gay" is an acceptable term here and the etymology is trivial in this conversation.

Normalcy is one of the most useless concepts around. If by normal you mean the norm for the population, then no, being gay is not normal because the average person isn't gay. It is, however, normal in the sense that it arises naturally in certain species. For any population of humans(and many other animals) we know that some of the individuals will be gay, so we should expect to find homosexual behavior in the population. It's normal for there to be homosexuals in the population.

It's true that homosexual people probably don't give birth to homosexuals at a higher rate than the rest of the population, so when you say " gay people do not give birth to gay kids" you're right.

You ask "which is it?" As though there are two mutually exclusive things and we have to make a choice. Either gays are "normal" or they don't have gay kids. False dichotomy. There are plenty of normal characteristics that people can have that they don't necessarily pass on to their children. For example it's normal for females to give birth to males, and it's normal for people who like brussel sprouts to have kids that don't like them, and it's normal for people of average intelligence to have mentally disabled children. You're not the same as your parents, this is also true for gay people.

Are you born gay? Are you born normal and turn that way because of the environment?

It's pretty clear from the research that there's not one simple explanation. The "nature vs. nurture" debate has raged among people who want to think in simple, categorical terms for a very long time. It doesn't work like that, it's not "either/or." Some simple things, like eye color, are purely genetic, and some things, like language spoken, are purely experiential. For most things, though, both genes and experience play a part. We know homosexuality(and all behavior) is based on some underlying neurobiology that causes people to behave the way that they do. There's not a simple answer to the question of how their brains got that way. It's almost certainly a combination of factors, as are virtually all behavioral characteristics.

If a species produces children that CAN NOT reproduce through normal procreation and MUST reproduce by stepping outside of its norm then that means two things...

It IS a broken species.

You know that "humans" are the species, right? Gays aren't a species. . . Human beings can't or don't have kids for a number of a reasons. It doesn't mean human beings are broken. Nothing supernatural came down and "broke" the human species by adding in some gay people. Homosexuality arose naturally in many species. None of them are broken. We seem to be overpopulating the planet just fine, despite the fact that homosexual people are not as likely to have kids.

It will never be healthy and thus maintaining its position as a broken species.

It's not a matter of health, and the fact that some people don't have kids is not what is keeping human's "broken." This is a senseless claim, you think the real probablem with humanity is that there are gay people? You do know that you're a human, right? A member of the "broken" species yourself?

You guys can ONLY reproduce by forced procreation.

"You guys?" I'm not gay. I think that many people here are just talking about the OP, it doesn't mean that we're all gay.

Your claim is totally false. If a homosexual couple wants to have a kid they can adopt or find a sperm donor(if they are women) or find a surrogate mother(if they are men). Gay couples have kids, and there is no such thing as "forced procreation"(do you mean rape?). You should at least make some attempt to find out if these claims correspond to the reality before you make them, because in this case it's very clear that your claim is baseless and contradicted by the reality.

There is NO species on Earth that survives this way.

The more I read of this the more I think you must believe homosexuals are a species. This is unfortunate. Of course they are not, they are humans. These are some of the species that survive with homosexuals in their midst:

* African Elephant* Brown Bear* Brown Rat* Buffalo* Caribou* Cat (domestic)* Cheetah* Common Dolphin* Common Marmose* Common Raccoon* Dog (domestic)* European Bison* Prea* Chicken (Domestic)* Common Gull* Emu* King Penguin* Chicken (Domestic)* Common Gull* Emu* King Penguin* Anole * Bearded Dragon* Broad-headed Skink* Checkered Whiptail Lizard* Chihuahuan Spotted WhiptailChihuahuan Spotted Whiptail Lizard* Common Ameiva* Common Garter Snake* Cuban Green Anole* Desert Grassland Whiptail Lizard* Desert Tortoise* Fence Lizard* Five-lined Skink* Gopher (Pine) Snake* Green Anole* Inagua Curlytail Lizard* Jamaican Giant Anole* Laredo Striped WhiptailLaredo Striped Whiptail Lizard* Largehead Anole* Mourning Gecko* Plateau Striped Whiptail Lizard* Red Diamond Rattlesnake* Red-tailed Skink* Side-blotched Lizard* Speckled Rattlesnake* Water Moccasin* Western rattlesnake (Crotalus viridis)* Western Banded Gecko* Whiptail Lizard spp.* Wood Turtle

This list is far from exhaustive.

You ARE NOT meant to be.

Well then how do you explain their existence? You think they're all just jerks? They're creatures of the earth, just like everything else, and just like everything else they are "meant" to be.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
You know, for the people who are saying that we gay people cannot procreate your very wrong.

There's nothing wrong with my junk. I can procreate NO problem. So can most other gay folk, they simply choose not to.

Or they choose to adopt. Which mind you is a logical choice considering how many orphaned children need good homes.

Please stop saying we cannot procreate or are "broken". This is not the case.

Deny Ignorance.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hullabaloo

That is awesome research.

I have always been intrigued by the fact that, as humans, we all started out female in utero. Then at a specific type of fetal growth a certain chromosome is released that starts the transition from female to male.

It would make perfect sense that sexuality is biologically dictated. Just with something like sex organs alone, when the transition is happening from female to male in the womb, lots of different mental/physical states are possible. Hermaphrodites are a perfect example of what can happen at that crucial stage of fetal growth.

I've also seen children, born either male or female, but who thought that they were the opposite sex.

I personally feel that all of this can be traced back to that one moment in the womb, right when the transition is about to happen from female to male. With homosexuality, perhaps the body makes a complete transition nut the brain still holds neurological patterns that resemble more closely that of a female. And vice versa.

Interesting stuff.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Who said that? I didn't.

I said YOU ARE NOT NATURAL. I am saying that you will cease to exist like the dinosaurs.

And unlike the pea sized brains of dinosaurs....

Your pea size brain continues to exist

Classy...

But the difference is I will procreate and gays CAN'T. So they will be bred out.

But they CAN procreate...if they CHOOSE to. Ya see, once again it comes down to CHOICE.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

Quit using logic and deductive reasoning ! It has no place in this thread!

reply to post by tothetenthpower

It will never cease to amaze me how some heterosexual people seem to know unequivocally that is is a choice, despite the fact they are heterosexual, yet you pose this same question to them about being heterosexual and they will say it wasn't a choice they always knew they were heterosexual. I'm pretty sure as a gay man, that I know more about whether I chose to be or not, and it's beyond a shadow of a doubt for me that I DID NOT choose, it just always has been.

What this argument always seems to come back to is religious dogma in one form or another creating false arguments. Being completely honest, being gay is such an extremely small part of who I am it almost doesn't matter and yet I find myself constantly defending myself against stupidity such as has been rampant in all of these threads, the opinions of the uninformed and ignorant or the more dangerous ones that have a small bit of biased knowledge that they wield like absolute truth. You know what, you don't know that it is a choice, you " think" it is a choice, there is a large distance between those two, and since you are heterosexual you know even less than they think you do.

The ones that ride the " well then why have so many gay men had families and kids" well, you know ..sometimes it is just easier to live a lie than to be vilified for something you have no control over, and almost always those same people end up leaving their spouse and doing what they feel is right because they are tired of living the lie. I grew up in a family where it wasn't a big deal, my parents were basically " ummm ok..so ..how's school going?" but for a lot of people ..it is not even remotely that simple. I am fortunate, I feel for others that have had to go through the horrors stories of being disowned and then basically run out of town by the villagers.

Ignorance perpetuates itself in these people and carries itself on. Personally, I can find a much more valid reason to dislike someone other than their sexual preference, disliking a person on that fact alone is the height or willful ignorance.

Itachi-

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Your claim is totally false. If a homosexual couple wants to have a kid they can adopt or find a sperm donor(if they are women) or find a surrogate mother(if they are men). Gay couples have kids, and there is no such thing as "forced procreation"(do you mean rape?).
reply to post by OnceReturned

If 2 severly retarded people want to have children they can do the same thing.

The question is "Why do they need to?"

Because the are broken. "Normal" means you need nothing to procreate other then the plumbing.

Gays have the plumbing and choose not to apply it properly. So they use "forced procreation" (by the way, grow up) meaning they MUST step out of the natural to do what neds done.

Parents in need of drugs or test tubes are doing the same thing. They are NOT meant to have kids. Nature chose otherwise.

If they did not do this that fault in the gene pool would die out. JUST AS WITH GAYS.

Being gay is a fault in the gen pool.

You guys LOVE to say "I was born this way." Great. That means nature made you so you WILL NOT REPLICATE.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Just a logical convenient study, except that I would be a little careful with equating too much the brains of homosexual men with those of straight women. It's just seem to reinforce the stereotype about gay men being “effeminates”.

For those who will be tempted to yell “ gay agenda”! Well I see no gay agenda, just self-destructive heterosexualitySadly, religion have been used to bastardized the genders further. Not that the primitive nature of man cannot do that without religion(that's the source). Tthere seems to be so much less freedom in the heterosexual world; being reduced to just reproductive organs and going to pathetic lengths just to prove your bastardized masculinity or feminity.

Homosexuality should just be accepted as part of the natural balance, that’s it!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

See, your post reflect exactly waht I'm talking about. What if reproduction could be proven to be no special capacity of some special spieces but a default or de'evolutive trait??

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

You guys LOVE to say "I was born this way." Great. That means nature made you so you WILL NOT REPLICATE.

I am ok with that, even if I were heterosexual I would choose to not have children most likely and there are a multitude of things that I can do other than bring yet another person onto a planet that already has too many people. What your argument seems to break down to is that humans are here only to propagate other humans, correct me if I am wrong but that seems to be the whole basis of what you are saying " homosexuals are broken because they cannot have children via same sex intercourse"

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk

Originally posted by oppaperclip
One group like their sex organs so much they dedicate their lives to getting more of that organ. Straight people like the complementary organ a lot and try to more of it. Bi sexual are just greedy.

OMG I was laughing my butt off at this. I guess I'm greedy.

Another greedy here too... and this whole subject just gets on my t!ts.. It's like being obsessed with why some people chose to eat their bogies and some don't... some think it is abhorent and some think its acceptable while others believe it is the key to a healthy life... Does ANYONE care really?
what impact does anothers PRIVATE sexual act in their own home really have on anyone?

And as for some of the Christians waving their fingers and calling homosexuals evil... Sort your clergy out first! Then throw stones in my bedroom

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I have birthed, naturally, 5 children.... I WAS born bi-Poly... Clearly nature wanted me to reproduce... 'cause I am SO cool 'nature' needs lots of mini-me's to fill this wonderful planet!!

So ner... lol

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

So you agree that homosexuality is natural? Then what is your major beef with homosexuals? Do you want to start up some sort of eugenics program that prevents homosexuals from procreating, along with other so called "undesirables"? That plan might fail though, as no one is quite sure whether it's genetic or not, and recent studies (like the one in the OP) seem to indicate that varying hormone levels in the uterus during pregnancy might be responsible.

In the wild, animals that procreate too freely with nothing to keep their numbers in check soon deplete the resources keeping them alive which ultimately leads to their demise. What if things like homosexuality and infertility were put in place by nature to ultimately ensure the survival of a species?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

First of all homosexuals are not another species. Secondly, just because someone can't reproduce doesn't mean they are worthless. We aren't insects that are only interested in eating and reproducing. There is more a human can offer the world than just his seed. Your argument is not a good one.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
However, if you are a man, and are physically and mentally attracted to men, but resist those urges and mary a women, that doesn't make you ANY less gay.

~Keeper

Yup.

Sometimes you can't fight what you are.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96b1da50016c.gif[/atsimg]

- Lee

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
S&F dude! Sexuality always makes for great debate! Master debate

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

something likely to have been "forged" in the womb and not the result of later learning processes.

The key word here is likely, so we have more scientific guessing as a foundation for more assumptions, which develop into a very solid theory that everyone will assume is a fact.

Welcome to the evolution of false logic and false science.

Is it possible that his scientific study is funded by some pro-gay agenda?

[edit on 4/14/2010 by Jim Scott]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join