It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Differences Between The Brains of Homosexuals and Heterosexuals

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
i remember reading an article similar to this once:

www.sciencemag.org...

" This finding indicates that INAH is dimorphic with sexual orientation, at least in men, and suggests that sexual orientation has a biological substrate. "

and when i began to discuss it with my biology teacher, she said " well whoever conducted these studies was probably gay themselves. "

I love living in a red state.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
What was thought as unnatural and wrong by primitive ideologies are now becoming more accepted and realized as natural and healthy. Science is playing a major role in this. We can see how masterbation is generally considered natural today, but earlier on people thought that this was extremely unnatural and that it caused disease and insanity. Through science it is shown that masterbation does not cause harmful side effects and actually has it's benefits for your over all health. It is for the most part considered a natural and inevitable practice by most of the developed world today.

But just a little while ago this was considered an extremely unnatural and blasphemous act. This was simply due to the general morality at that time. It is founded on nothing more.

So when you say homosexuals are unnatural and wrong, not only is that a completely subjective opinion based off of only that, but is most likely just a product of your own personal sense of morality and not a part of any higher understanding on the subject.

Your using primitive morality for your argument. Homosexuals being wrong and unnatural is a very old concept based on nothing but the primmitive morality of the past. I hope soon we will be able to drop the old and primitive ideologies of our past and adopt new ones to bring us toward a better future. The point is to advance.

I may be guilty in being a little too opinionated in the OP which I now sort of regret. I was sort of ranting and should of took a more sophisticated approach, but what I said I fully believe in.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Hullabaloo]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hullabaloo
... Homosexuals being wrong and unnatural is a very old concept based on nothing but the primmitive morality of the past. I hope soon we will be able to drop the old and primitive ideologies of our past and adopt new ones to bring us toward a better future. The point is to advance.

It would seem unnatural to allow someone to take the blue soul and put it into a pink body and to take the pink soul and put it in the blue body, yet I guess it is natural to get drunk and make mistakes.

To advance from that old idea, maybe nobody was drunk when it happened and someone had a purpose to make such an unnatural switch.

We see people online that consistently use avatars of the opposite gender despite the fact that the person that owns the avatar has never physically acted as a homosexual. What does that prove here? Some probably would think the closet while others would think intersexual while others may realize that the avatar usually faces forward into the 3D scene and some just got fed-up with looking right at the same-genderized rear end.

Hence, there are natural reasons.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by dzonatas]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

That's not a bad idea. Here's another idea. We could just split everyone up. All the lesbians on one continent,all the homosexual men on one continent,and all the heterosexual men and women on one continent. It would only take one generation to realize that just one of these groups was going to propagate and survive. Lesbians can't propagate using what you say is natural sex. Homosexuals can't propagate using what you say is natural sex. The ONLY way lesbians and homosexuals can propagate is by using HETEROSEXUAL SEX.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Is there a similar difference between racists and non-racists?

Or perhaps any other similar cultural conditioning?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by passenger

Homosexuality should be accepted. Gay Pride should be tolerated.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by technical difficulties

Polygamy should be accepted. That along with beastiality and NAMBLA. So should drug use and fully automatic weapons.

To heck with it...let's go for total acceptance to any and all behavior.

Why say no to anything?

Hypocrites...If you respond by saying that there are some unacceptable behaviors then all we are discussing now is which behaviors are unacceptable.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Was this study done on natural or chemically induced homosexuals ?

Chemically induced homosexuality means: consuming, absorbing or otherwise being exposed to exponential amounts of endocrine disruptor's in the food supply or other consumable and/or commodity items from an early age.

This study is just another whitewash by the NWO for the purpose of supporting one of their many eugenics programs to reduce the population.
Gay people reproduce much less than the normal population does.

A short list of NWO population reduction programs:

Create more gay people via endocrine disruptor's.
Global warming climate scam (tax the population into an early grave)
China's one child policy
Abortion:
Vaccines containing squalene (sterilize 15-25% of the population)

We could go on, but that is just a few.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by zzombie]

[edit on 15-4-2010 by zzombie]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

Polygamy should be accepted. That along with beastiality and NAMBLA. So should drug use and fully automatic weapons.

Why say no to anything?

Hypocrites...If you respond by saying that there are some unacceptable behaviors then all we are discussing now is which behaviors are unacceptable.

Yes, because as well all know, homosexuality is exactly the same thing as having multiple wives, sex with animals, pedophilia and weapons, so much so the line is blurred. /sarcasm off

Your ignorance never ceases to astound and confuse me, I would say anger but I do not get angry, there is no point.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Itachimaru]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

Your taking it out of context and completely blowing it out of proportion lol. This is completely silly to me.

Homosexuality is not the same as pediphilia, beastiality or molestations. Those types of behaviors are rapes and rape is not something that should be accepted. Homosexuals don't rape people, they don't hurt or take advantage of anyone, human or animal. Your making connections to things that have no connection.

And if you put all of the homosexual men and women on an island somewhere off into the sea than we would still have the same amount of homosexuals back here on shore in just a few generations. They would not die off. This is kindergarten stuff lol. You can't get rid of them, they are a product of nature because of that. They will inevitably and always exist with us. They are here and they are queer lol, deal with it.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Hullabaloo]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

That's just a giant conspiracy theory. I can't even comment on that. it's just a huge "what if." The study in the OP is not biased and chemically induced homosexuality sounds absurd to me. I would like for you to somehow explain how that's even possible.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hullabaloo
reply to post by zzombie

That's just a giant conspiracy theory. I can't even comment on that. it's just a huge "what if." The study in the OP is not biased and chemically induced homosexuality sounds absurd to me. I would like for you to somehow explain how that's even possible.

Here's the thing, for me, when it comes to nature or nurture, on one hand I can see nurture, as with a lot of things, somethings have become vogue, I am sure that some have opted to go "gay" for shock value or "the cool new thing" much like it is cool to be a geek now ( which sucks cuz I was a geek when it wasn't cool and it is unfair
) now don't get me wrong when I say the "cool new thing" but in a lot of ways it seems that way, just saying.

On the topic of "choice" yes, I can see that as well, people experiment, curiosity gets the better of you, you realize you didn't like it and that was that. It doesn't necessarily make you bi or anything, lots of people have experimented, not a big deal. However, people like to throw that out there and say "well since some have done it and gone back to being hetero it must all be a choice" and this one" well there are lots of gay men who had girlfriends/wives/kids so it has to be a choice". The only "choice" for most of us is how long we are going to pretend that we are something we are not for the sake of someone or some other groups acceptance. Which is 9/10 times what it comes down to. I had girlfriends, but they were mostly for appearances, I never did anything with them sexually and was not attracted to them in that way. Yet, this was what is expected of you, until I got to a point where I said to myself "I cannot do this any longer and I won't do this any longer". For some this is easier to do than others, like I stated before, my parents didn't really care one way or another, I was still their son and that was that.

A lot do not have this kind of support from family or friends or other social establishments and so they hide, therein lies the "choice" choose to live a lie and fit in, or choose to be who you are and be an outcast. In this society, fitting in is what we do. When you don't fit in to what is considered " normal " you are an outcast. As an adult its easier to deal with the outcast scarlet letter, but as a teenager etc, it is much harder. So much so, that people will kill themselves rather than be who they are, and that is sad and breaks my heart to see.

We are all people, and really whether you believe it is a choice or it isn't shouldn't be the issue. What the underlying issue is the hatred that goes along with this whole topic. I know in my heart, it was the way I was born, there was no incident in my childhood that caused me to " go gay" my parents were supportive of everything I have done, as well as family and friends, I was never molested or touched or really had any contact with anyone that would have pushed me one way or another, it just has always been.

Having said that, I am going to stop posting in these threads as I am catching myself beginning to get hateful and that is something I cannot allow myself to do as it goes against everything I have been taught. To the man I called ignorant, I apologize for saying that, it was not uncalled for but unfortunate that I allowed myself to say something like that. So in that spirit, whether its a choice or not, no matter what side of the fence you are on. Just remember it is another person you are talking to and about, and think about how you would feel if you were in their shoes telling them how you know better about them than they do.

And I leave you with a tenet from Kashima Shinden.

May your sword always be swift, your mind always sharp,your spirit always
enlightened, and your end always honorable.

-Itachi Paitten-

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rick1
reply to post by Hadrian

That's not a bad idea. Here's another idea. We could just split everyone up. All the lesbians on one continent,all the homosexual men on one continent,and all the heterosexual men and women on one continent. It would only take one generation to realize that just one of these groups was going to propagate and survive. Lesbians can't propagate using what you say is natural sex. Homosexuals can't propagate using what you say is natural sex. The ONLY way lesbians and homosexuals can propagate is by using HETEROSEXUAL SEX.

To be expected, you miss the point. You have killed all the homosexuals, for which I am sure you are very happy. But homosexuals will continue as long as the heterosexual men and women continue to have sex. Again, homosexuals do not come from homosexuals (though it's possible). Heterosexual people having sex with other heterosexual people is, generally, the source of homosexual people!

[edit on 4/15/2010 by Hadrian]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Homosexuality is not natural. Animals that engage in homosexual behaviour are doing so out of instinct and lack of adequate numbers of the opposite sex. I still believe homosexuals should be treated with respect and not be discriminated against. But to say that homosexuality is natural is silly. It isn't natural. If a couple are deserted on desert island, which one (heterosexual or homosexual) do you think has a better chance of survival and starting their own civilisation?

What? "Homosexuality is not natural." "Animals engaging in homosexuality are doing so out of instinct." Do you understand the definition of words? These two statements conflict, do they not?

Regarding the heterosexual and the homosexual on the island: If the homosexual couple is lesbian, 100% of my money is on them surviving!

[edit on 4/16/2010 by Hadrian]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Well I suppose I should have listened to my intuition and not posted in this thread. Thanks to those that took part in the discussion of this topic. Good luck to those hoping to find further information on this topic.

/exist thread.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

Why say no to anything?

As another poster said, bestiality and pedophilia are considered rape, due to animals and children not being able to give consent. I'm all for legalized drug use. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone else, why should it matter? Also, what's wrong with polygamy?

[edit on 21-4-2010 by technical difficulties]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

As another poster said, bestiality and pedophilia are considered rape, due to animals and children not being able to give consent. I'm all for legalized drug use. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone else, why should it matter? Also, what's wrong with polygamy?

Exactly. I don't know what part of "Adult Consent" some people don't get.

In my opinion polygamy and polyamory - should both be legal.

Who's right is it to tell anyone what type of marriage they can have - - as long as all parties are consenting adults.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Annee]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This is very interesting indeed.

It also raises many issues and questions regarding gay ppl.
I recently learned about the Westboro Baptist Church and became intrigued by these inasane people. I subsequently did a lot of thinking about the subject of homosexuality. (The WBC is really interesting if you guys haven't seen any videos btw)

I am of the mind that gay people cannot possibly "choose to be gay." That simply doesn't make sense. Being straight, I ask myself if the rest of the world were gay, if I could assimilate. That can't happen. Simply put; gay people are actually attracted to the same sex and they can't possibly force sexual actions upon themselves that they secretly feel disgusted by, AND get ridiculued by society, simply by choice. It makes no sense. Why would a gay man choose to sleep with men if he is really attracted to women? Think about that. It's completely retarted to think that gay people are choosing to sleep with the same sex even though they're not attracted to them. Hell, I can't even eat a brussel sprout without making a face.

Reagrding the posts by crmanager;
- @ first I was laughing at his posts, but then they got me thinking.
Obviously his theory is very flawed in that straight couples have gay children and therefore they cannot be "bred out." It isn't nearly that simple. The homosexuals themselves may not be able to easily reproduce themselves, but we cannot assume that only gay people have gay kids. That is where his theory is wrong.
The question this brings to me is this.
-Has there ever been a study regarding the percentages of homosexual children born to straight parents vs homosexual parents? (There are enough homosexual men who are married to women to do this study. These are the ones who forced themselves to assimilate through fear and depression. I'm sure there were many in the 50s before homosexuality became more readily accepted.)
I am wondering if homosexuals having children increses the chances of having homosexual children. This would very much conclude that homosexuality is indeed genetic if the homosexual couples have homosexual children at a larger rate vs the control or heterosexual parents.

I realize that there are other factors to take into account (children of gay parents are exposed to the gay lifestyle on a daily basis), but does this really mean that they're more inclined to be gay? I don't think so. I think they're only likely to accept the lifestyle rather than become a part of it themselves.
Through mapping of the human genome we have discovered Cancer, Alzheimer, Dwarf genes etc....... Perhaps there is indeed a homosexual type gene so to speak that we aren't aware of now? This would at the least put an end to the debate as to wether or not gays are "choosing to be gay"
The study would also include 1 gay parent vs both gay parents, one bisexual parent and so forth. Perhaos there is a gene and it is recessive?

Or perhaps homosexuality is natures way of regulating population. Not that gay people will be "bred out", but that when the world becomes too populated, there is a rise in homosexuals to control it? I know that sounds silly and even ignorant, but we do have animals on this planet that can reproduce without a mate when their population is drastically reduced. A female will spontaneously become pregnant or lay eggs having not been fertilized by a male. It's really quite amazing. Perhaps homosexuality is natures way of dealing with an overpopulation? Just a thought.

What do you guys think?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I think we would all agree by now that sexuality is not a choice.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I would like to see a study of the role of hormones in homosexuality.

I know many gay men and women and while all have different physical characteristics, a big chunk - definitely not all - of gay women who I know have a certain physicality they seem to share, whereas very very few - if any - straight women I know have this.

My mom always called it "looks funny carrying a purse", but it has to do with gait, body shape in certain places, and overall posture that I surmise might be affected by hormones.

Not that hormones are causal - it could be an effect of another genetic difference or differences in brain chemistry. But I may be way off - that is just a lay observation of a limited sample of lesbians.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join