It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yowies stalk bushwalker in Blue Mountains Australia

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

Aaah yes ... thanks for that ... at least I didn't call him Tory ... That would be a bad way to start off the field trip ...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

"Being named in this list even beats the day I spotted the Hawaiian lava tube mutant pig monster for the first time,”

I missed this the first time I read it, that is hilarious.

So Al Gore was right, ManBearPig is real & Tim saw it.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 14-4-2010 by acrux]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by nevermindme

Aborigines were the first inhabitants of the land you took from them.

How can you be so insensitive?

It's ok he's banned. He wont be taking anyones land again.

I wonder here he put it all...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Yea. Could likely be abbos. They stink, bad, like a primate. They have the same vocabulary as most primative primates. They can through stones. They live all over Australia. But, they also attack, 100% of the time, if they outnumber their prey. ONLY if they outnumber their prey. But hey, could also be Bigfoot, a?

Lol, the grammar in that post makes it so ironic that he is dissing Aboriginal vocabulary when he can't even spell his own.

I am not usually a spelling troll but when I see such arrogance with so little intelligence I just have to pick up on these things.

Great thread btw, shame I am a year or two behind.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
reply to post by heffo7

"Being named in this list even beats the day I spotted the Hawaiian lava tube mutant pig monster for the first time,”

I missed this the first time I read it, that is hilarious.

So Al Gore was right, ManBearPig is real & Tim saw it.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 14-4-2010 by acrux]

ManBearPig and Al Gore - now that was fantastic. Thanks for sharing that little gem. I laughed so hard I had to wipe tears away! Gold!!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

Yea. Could likely be abbos. They stink, bad, like a primate. They have the same vocabulary as most primative primates. They can through stones. They live all over Australia. But, they also attack, 100% of the time, if they outnumber their prey. ONLY if they outnumber their prey. But hey, could also be Bigfoot, a?

Lol, the grammar in that post makes it so ironic that he is dissing Aboriginal vocabulary when he can't even spell his own.

I am not usually a spelling troll but when I see such arrogance with so little intelligence I just have to pick up on these things.

Great thread btw, shame I am a year or two behind.

Not too far behind - thanks for joining the thread.

Yes I really liked how he signed off with "a". Very aboriginal sounding...Nevermindme eh? Pretty apt name, bannned huh, then guess we won't.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

The film is interesting. True or not, I can't judge. I can make a few comments:
Bigfoot is known to throw stones at people - mostly to chase them from his territory. They also track people, but not to attack, just chase them away. Since this fellow wasn't hurt, yowies might act similarly.
Indian legends here also talk of the bigfoot taking children. They also have been reported to help lost children get home. Legends say they kidnap women for mating.
I think I heard that the aboriginies and the yowie had a 'civil' war and the aboriginies won. The yowies retreated and are seldom seen.
If you have expanding population like we do, maybe there is less terrain or more people exploring. Just a few ideas for your consideration.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zachi

Ok ... I email Rex Gilroy yesterday and now I am waiting for a reply!

Very interested to hear what he has to say.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horza
reply to post by zachi

He's certainly never dull

My favourite Gilroy mystery was his suggestion that Alexander the Great's long lost tomb is a cave in Australia...fantastic.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horza
reply to post by zachi

Hope he replies soon, that would be terrific.

I sent a message to Tony but haven't heard anything back, but hopefully he's reading the thread via my link. I'm still hopeful that he will register and join in. It would be very interesting to be able to ask him first hand why exactly he believes it was yowies and not some pranksters.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

Heffo7.....

The Blue Mountains is an extremely large area.

I can't find any specific locale noted for the "incident".

Do you know where it occurred?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by heffo7

Heffo7.....

The Blue Mountains is an extremely large area.

I can't find any specific locale noted for the "incident".

Do you know where it occurred?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

According to srsen on page 3 of this thread:

EDIT TO ADD: The guy in the youtube video gives a location.

12ks down Table Lands road in Wentworth Falls. Wow - i know how to get there. SO TEMPTED to take a trip with my camera... During the day of course...

[edit on 13-4-2010 by srsen]

Further down page 3 toward the bottom srsen has also kindly added a google map showing the area.

Tony only told me Tablelands Road, Wentworth Falls... I am not able to confirm that it was 12kms along.

Maybe srsen can jump in and let us know where he got that info from.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by heffo7
Further down page 3 toward the bottom srsen has also kindly added a google map showing the area.

Tony only told me Tablelands Road, Wentworth Falls... I am not able to confirm that it was 12kms along.

Maybe srsen can jump in and let us know where he got that info from.

Got the info from Tony's youtube clip in the comments section.

Someone asked him for the location and he gave it, i then cut n pasted it pretty much straight in here

If you look through all the comments you'll find it eventually

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

Heffo7.....

Many thanks for that info.

I know that area well.....it's not exactly wilderness & there's a reasonable amount of passing residents traffic, waterboard traffic, tourist traffic, bushwalket traffic, etc...

I would have thought a "yowie" would have stayed somewhere a little more isolated.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by heffo7

Heffo7.....

Many thanks for that info.

I know that area well.....it's not exactly wilderness & there's a reasonable amount of passing residents traffic, waterboard traffic, tourist traffic, bushwalket traffic, etc...

I would have thought a "yowie" would have stayed somewhere a little more isolated.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

I don't know the area myself, but it seems that Dean Harrison and his crew think it's a credible spot and have had a couple of expeditions to the area. I also found this eye-witness account from the area as well:

Wentworth Falls - Aug 2003
Date: 25th August 2003

Terrain: Quarantine area/ dirt road/ thick bushy area

Witness: J Garlick, 20 years old

I'd had an argument with my partner this particular night, and I decided to take off in the car to go for a drive and clear the head. I was driving a Mitsubishi Lancer and only doing about 10 km/h just putting along, and going steady. We?d been for a drive down this road to freak ourselves out for a laugh before, and the area is also part quarantined and has a spooky reputation among people who know the area.

So anyway, I'm heading down the road and out of nowhere I see this big black tall really built thing on my left hand side of the road. It made me say, ?What the **** is that?!?. At first glance I had thought it was someone playing a trick in a monkey suit but as it came closer, I quickly realised that there was NO WAY that thing was someone in a suit! I then jumped on the breaks looking in shock trying to figure out what this thing could be? It scared the # out of me!

Then from my right side came walking out of the bushes 2 more of them. These 2 were much taller than the first, towering a good 8ft and were well built. They met up with the first one, and were talking among themselves and then almost synchronistically raised their arms pointing to my car. You could see that their minds were thinking and plotting some kind of plan as they conversed with each other. I was really freaking out at this stage, and when I realised they were going to come over to me, I had buried my head between my knees out of pure dread for what I thought was about to happen.

I looked up to see the 3 of them walking around the back and sides of the car. They were walking about in a U shape, and were walking from the left window, to the back of the car, and to the right window, keeping clear of the front of the car and the headlights, almost as if they were inspecting every part of the vehicle. I got the impression that they didn?t like the headlight shine, which is why I didn?t see them through the windscreen at any stage of the encounter.

One of them held their hand out to my window but didn't touch it. I don't recall seeing how many fingers it had, as there were real tears in my eyes preventing me from making them out. There was a smell, like when you are following a garbage truck, it was rotten and coming from the fan I had running. I finally remembered the air horns I had hooked up and held them down and blaring, scaring them into the bushes. I had to sit and collected myself for a minute, then quickly made my way out of there.

As soon as I got to the main road I called my girlfriend and she drove out to where I had stopped to pick me up and take me home. I was too shaken to drive any further, so we left the car on the side of the road and I let her drive me home. When we arrived, I grabbed up my girl and just hugged her. I was so scared at the time! I told a few people about my encounter and then came forward to report to AYR officially.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To describe them better, the 2 bigger ones would have been at least 8 feet tall, the smaller around 7ft. They had longish arms, longer than a human?s and were of a massive build. They all looked the same, apart from one of them being shorter. I remember seeing the big eyes and the blackness shine from them as they looked at me through the car windows. I don't know if they had fur or hair but know that they were a black in colour. They walked with a slight slump but mostly like a person with a huge stride. I heard no noises, the windows were wound up and I also had the fan running so I couldn't hear what kind of noises they were making if any. I felt threatened and didn't pay too much attention to details, as I really thought this thing was going to punch through my window and smack me in the face if I looked at it for too long. When they disappeared after I hit the air horns, they bounded of with one great big leap and a stride and then were gone in a flash.

Source: www.yowiehunters.com...

Does the area link to an area of denser bushland?

I would have thought that it was all pretty much one big National Park linked up, much as all of the East Coast of Australia is via the Great Dividing Range.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
And also an earlier report from the same area:

Wentworth Falls - 1979

Daily Mirror. 1979.
- Tony Maguire.

A Blue Mountains couple yesterday told of their close encounter of the furred kind. Hospital wardsman Leo George and his wife Patricia, claimed the latest sighting of the Abominable Snowman's Australian cousin, the Yowie.

They say they spotted the hairy, three metre tall monster while bush walking near their home in Wentworth Falls. "It was very eerie", said 32-year-old Mr. George. "First we saw a dad Kangaroo with all the flesh ripped from its hindquarters and a few minutes later we came across a massive footprint in the sand. The print was four toed, about 30cm's long, and we started to get a strange feeling we were being watched."

"We walked father along the creek bed, then suddenly saw a shaggy grey mass disappearing through the trees."

Mrs. George took up the story: "The beast was at least 3 metres tall and was too long-haired to be a Kangaroo - its fur was about 6cms long. It shambled away silently. I'm certain that what we saw was a Yowie."

A few days later Mr. George was spotlight shooting in the same area with his son Naunton, 17, when he had another strange encounter. "The spotlight picked up a pair of red eyes, the size of tennis balls," he said. "We were a bit afraid but we left the spotlight on the car and walked towards the apparition. The eyes disappeared as we got nearer and by the time we got to where they'd been there was nothing to be seen. But once again we had the feeling that we were being watched. Suddenly tremendous crashing noises came from the thicket behind us. I was sure it was the Yowie again - and we broke records getting away from the spot."

Mrs. George said: "My husband doesn't frighten easily - but both he and Naunton were white-faced and trembling when they got home. There's no doubt about it, there is Yowies in the area. On other occasions we've seen trees which seemed to have been just snapped by some fearfully strong thing. We believe our Yowies are friendly creatures and only become aggressive if they are shot at or if they merely see someone with a rifle. We'll keep going back to this spot and hope to eventually get a photograph of one of the creatures."

Source: www.yowiehunters.com...

That's just from a quick search of one site dedicated to yowies.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

OK, I am only too happy to be corrected, but weren't aborigines the very first people in their very own land?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

reply to post by acrux

OK, I am only too happy to be corrected, but weren't aborigines the very first people in their very own land?

It is generally accepted that the Aborigines are the First People to occupy Australia. But there is also the trihybrid theory (might like to google that, you'll be surprised at the results). Rex Gilroy also has his own theory found at www.mysteriousaustralia.com, but here's one article I found on the subject:

There were three major waves of migration of quite different ancient people who came to the Australian continent from southeast Asia. More than 40,000 years ago, when sea levels were much lower and Australia, New Guinea and Tasmania comprised one landmass, called Sahul, the first to arrive were a slightly-built people of pygmoid stature with dark skin and very frizzy hair. They were Negritos (named after the Spanish "little negro"), and they provided the initial population for the whole of this Greater Australia. About 20,000 years ago, a second type of people arrived from Asia. These newcomers, called Murrayians, were comparatively lightly skinned, wavy-haired, stocky in build, with a lot of body hair. They drove the Negritos before them until the latter retreated to the highlands of New Guinea, the rainforests of North Queensland and to then ice-capped Tasmania. The Murrayians became the dominant population on the east coast of Australia, and the open grasslands and parklands of the south and west of the continent. Then, about 15,000 years ago, a third wave of hunter-gatherers arrived. They were comparatively tall, straight-haired and dark skinned, with very little body hair. Named Carpentarians, they colonised northern and central Australia.

Full article here: www.sydneyline.com...

edit: for spelling

[edit on 17-4-2010 by heffo7]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
UGH, so the first ones got dominated and bullied by the second ones, who than were presumably dominated and bullied by the 3rd ones.

What this goes to show is that world races basically hate each other, and if we are going to save the planet we need to get over that.

Guess what, we are not going to get over that because of riches, wealth and war.

Oh, and because we can not even love each other.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

UGH, so the first ones got dominated and bullied by the second ones, who than were presumably dominated and bullied by the 3rd ones.

What this goes to show is that world races basically hate each other, and if we are going to save the planet we need to get over that.

Guess what, we are not going to get over that because of riches, wealth and war.

Oh, and because we can not even love each other.

You are probably right... who was it that said "History is written by the victorious" or something like that...

I remain optimistic that so long as we don't have to compete to survive, we can overcome our natural tribalism and embrace our differences!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join